or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel - Page 42

post #1231 of 1277

Chanel Ultra Rose & my new Chanel cat eye glasses girlhaha.gif

 

Ultra Rose is a brighter cool blue base pink with some violet undertones

 

post #1232 of 1277

Ultra Rose looks super pretty! And I absolutely heart.gif your new glasses!!

post #1233 of 1277

Weird, the glasses look a just a bit more cat eye in person than in the photo. UR is very pretty on. It can be subtle. I kinda like the violet tones in it which makes it different than all the other bright pink blushes. ;)

post #1234 of 1277

Your glasses are gorgeous Elegant!!! And the blush is very pretty too :)

post #1235 of 1277

Thanks Gracie! I think I will put some kind of transition lenses in them - from clear to sunglasses so that I can wear them during the day with my contacts.

post #1236 of 1277
LOVE the glasses, elegant! So chic and elegant! ;-)
(Where are the smileys on the mobile version?! I can't find them!)
post #1237 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

Thanks Gracie! I think I will put some kind of transition lenses in them - from clear to sunglasses so that I can wear them during the day with my contacts.

That's a really good idea, I think they'd make fantastic sunglasses too! I've been wearing my glasses more than my contact lenses lately - my eyes are just too tired in the morning for contacts most of the time!
My glasses are just basic tortoiseshell ones, but now you've got me looking at Chanel greengrin.gif It's fun to browse anyway smiles.gif I particularly like these ones http://www.pretavoir.co.uk/chanel-3201-c714-5192.html
But they're all very lovely!
post #1238 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post


That's a really good idea, I think they'd make fantastic sunglasses too! I've been wearing my glasses more than my contact lenses lately - my eyes are just too tired in the morning for contacts most of the time!
My glasses are just basic tortoiseshell ones, but now you've got me looking at Chanel greengrin.gif It's fun to browse anyway smiles.gif I particularly like these ones http://www.pretavoir.co.uk/chanel-3201-c714-5192.html
But they're all very lovely!

Those look cool!

post #1239 of 1277
Quote:Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

Those look cool!

I think I accidentally found yours, and have fallen head over heels in love...

 

700

 

I do not need new glasses, I do not need new glasses!

post #1240 of 1277

Awesome glasses Elegant!!  I love the idea of having transitions put into them!  I'm sure you look 'tres chic' in them too!! kissy.gif  pretty.gif

 

LOVE the blush!!!  It looks a bit like Turbulent, don't you think?

post #1241 of 1277

I actually do need a new pair of glasses...  sweatdrop.gif

I always like to add a light pink tint to my lenses. That way I literally see the world through rose colored glasses.

post #1242 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

I actually do need a new pair of glasses...  sweatdrop.gif

I always like to add a light pink tint to my lenses. That way I literally see the world through rose colored glasses.

That's so cute!

I happened to walk past an optician's today, so I went in and tried on a ton of Chanel glasses for fun flower.gif

Alas, the pair I originally liked are just too big for my face :(

But I found 3 pairs that I really really like and they're all lovely on!

 

700

 

I keep telling myself I can't afford (and don't need!) new glasses, but when I actually look at the prices it's only what I spend on MAC in 1 or 2 months for a pair! So now it doesn't seem too bad..... And besides, I'll be qualifying as a doctor in a year and a half, and I'm sure snazzy glasses would help me look the part girlhaha.gif

 

Oh Elegant, look what you've done to me!

post #1243 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

That's so cute!

I happened to walk past an optician's today, so I went in and tried on a ton of Chanel glasses for fun flower.gif

Alas, the pair I originally liked are just too big for my face :(

But I found 3 pairs that I really really like and they're all lovely on!

 

700

 

I keep telling myself I can't afford (and don't need!) new glasses, but when I actually look at the prices it's only what I spend on MAC in 1 or 2 months for a pair! So now it doesn't seem too bad..... And besides, I'll be qualifying as a doctor in a year and a half, and I'm sure snazzy glasses would help me look the part girlhaha.gif

 

Oh Elegant, look what you've done to me!


Oooh, those are nice. Lol, look at what Elegant has done to both of us! You will certainly look the part with those glasses. They will also be a nice treat for all of your hard work and dedication.

post #1244 of 1277

Quote:Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post



Oooh, those are nice. Lol, look at what Elegant has done to both of us! You will certainly look the part with those glasses. They will also be a nice treat for all of your hard work and dedication.

As if we needed another thing to obsess about! supacool.gif
I might see how I'm doing money-wise after Christmas and maybe treat myself...

My current glasses are quite similar funnily enough, but then they could be my backup glasses I guess - if I break them now then I'm resigned to weeks of wearing contacts every day as I don't have a spare pair!

post #1245 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo View Post

Awesome glasses Elegant!!  I love the idea of having transitions put into them!  I'm sure you look 'tres chic' in them too!! kissy.gif  pretty.gif

 

LOVE the blush!!!  It looks a bit like Turbulent, don't you think?

Thats what I thought until I saw it in person. Actually, I should compare. I think UR has more violet. Turbulent is more maybe fuchsia. I'll have to go look at it.

 

Thanks ;) th_kiss.gif

post #1246 of 1277

A comparison with other pink blushes. And I realized that I never did end up getting Turbulent icon_eek.gif

 

 

left corner is Rose Tourbillon, next to it is Tumulte, in the middle is Ultra Rose, & to the right corner is Pink Explosion.

 

On my skin, UR is a very soft very pretty cool violet blue pink. It looks so bright in the pan, but isn't on the skin at all.

post #1247 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

As if we needed another thing to obsess about! supacool.gif
I might see how I'm doing money-wise after Christmas and maybe treat myself...

My current glasses are quite similar funnily enough, but then they could be my backup glasses I guess - if I break them now then I'm resigned to weeks of wearing contacts every day as I don't have a spare pair!


I can't do contacts. I need glasses. I've been pretty conservative with my glasses other than the rose lenses. I normally pick something simple to go with everything I wear, so usually all black or gold. I think I'd like to get something a little fancier this time around. I should start thinking of glasses as more of an accessory instead of just a tool.

post #1248 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

A comparison with other pink blushes. And I realized that I never did end up getting Turbulent icon_eek.gif

 

 

left corner is Rose Tourbillon, next to it is Tumulte, in the middle is Ultra Rose, & to the right corner is Pink Explosion.

 

On my skin, UR is a very soft very pretty cool violet blue pink. It looks so bright in the pan, but isn't on the skin at all.


Lol, how long until you fix that discrepancy?

post #1249 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


Lol, how long until you fix that discrepancy?

rofl.gif I know - right! What happened to me. I need to search it out again tong.gif

post #1250 of 1277

Quote:

Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


I can't do contacts. I need glasses. I've been pretty conservative with my glasses other than the rose lenses. I normally pick something simple to go with everything I wear, so usually all black or gold. I think I'd like to get something a little fancier this time around. I should start thinking of glasses as more of an accessory instead of just a tool.

Exactly - I have a ton of shoes, clothes, jewellery and makeup, but only one pair of glasses! It's kind of wierd when you think about it! I used to HATE wearing them, but when I was 18 and I finally got a pair that I actually liked, I realised how much simpler it is to just be able to shove them on and not worry about dry/itchy eyes!

post #1251 of 1277

Here are some swatches of Ultra Rose vs US & Euro Turbulent from cluelessss8 earlier in this thread:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessss8 View Post

Got lucky and found the Chanel JC in Ultra Rose #74:

 

 


 



 



 

yahoo.gif

post #1252 of 1277

Look how different the US & the EU swatches look. I think I am liking UR the best.

post #1253 of 1277

Yes, Turbulent was one where there was a pretty noticeable difference between the US and Euro as far as color. The US version looks alot nicer on me than the Euro so I'm looking forward to UR!

post #1254 of 1277

I forgot - I  have the EU version so I am really curious about the color difference.

post #1255 of 1277

elegant - Love the glasses! UR looks beautiful on your skin!

post #1256 of 1277

Elegant -- love the glasses, love the blush!  So pretty.  Santa came early to you this year! :)

post #1257 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post

elegant - Love the glasses! UR looks beautiful on your skin!

wavey.gif Hi MissQQ! thanks, it is a beautiful color blush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha View Post

Elegant -- love the glasses, love the blush!  So pretty.  Santa came early to you this year! :)

Even though I have been naughty girlhaha.gifsanta.gif

post #1258 of 1277

How much are chanel eyeglasses?

 

I want a new pair myself!

post #1259 of 1277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antigone View Post

How much are chanel eyeglasses?

 

I want a new pair myself!


Actually not as bad as I was expecting! The prices seem to vary a lot between pairs though

post #1260 of 1277

I would love to eventually find the US version of Turbulent - I have the EU one - like it well enough, but I think I would like the US version better.  Maybe they'll re-release it someday......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chanel
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel