or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NARS Spring 2013 - Page 5

post #121 of 655

WOOHOOOO!!! I just came over to post this, but you beat me to it. Disco Inferno looks absolutely incredible. I'm definitely grabbing that one and Dressed to kill. Both duos are a possibility, although I have to keep reminding myself that I don't wear shades like MMW that often. I'll have to see if Seductionis werable on my pale skin. It looks lovely and I'm assuming the fact that it doesn't say it's a cream blush means it's a powder. The texture on the photo is certainly consistent with a powder.

 

I love the bold collection of colours! I'm sitting in my office looking at a snow storm, but this makes me feel happier.

post #122 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine1543 View Post

If Seduction blush is a cream blush, I'll just pass because I don't use cream blushes often and am not a big fan of NARS cream blushes except for Cactus flower.:P

I think there'll be other (maybe one or two) lippies for this collection since we've only seen two lipsticks so far!

Actually, I'm more excited about new sation lip pencils than the spring collection.lol

Christine from Temptalia says it's a powder blush.

 

What a gorgeous collection, better than Andy Warhol, much better. Nars is good at being... Nars in fact ! I will purchase both duos and the lipstick.

post #123 of 655

gorgeous!!!!!  can't wait!

post #124 of 655

i want the polish. im going to focus on the permanent stuff from nars, all i got is like 2 lippies and 2 brushes. 001_unsure.gif

post #125 of 655

I love the name And God Created Woman... I think I'll just try the new blush shade Seduction. The rest of my haul will be perm products.

post #126 of 655

Actually, I really love the Sephora palette now that I look at it too. I suspect these would be permanent shadows, but the colours are all staples. Kind of strikes me as the "Nars Naked" palette.

post #127 of 655

And Nars will also launch an invisible setting reflecting powder both loose and compact formula.

The Muse has some photographs ( SOURCE : musings of a muse ) !

 

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/01/nars-light-reflecting-setting-powder-for-spring-2013.html

post #128 of 655
Thread Starter 

Boom, images added to the first post! Thanks for that Dominique33! ;)

 

700

 

 

700

post #129 of 655

I'm getting the blush and the polish. Maybe the lipstick later. Does anyone know the finish of the lipstick? Persia eyeshadow is lovely, but I don't want to start collecting NARS individual compacts. I hope for the day they'll create pan versions of their shadows. I am very interested in the And God Created Woman palette. Aside from all of the colors looking very wearable, I just love the name.

 

Doesn't NARS come out with another % off promotion around this time, or am I mistaken? I'd love to get the rest of the Thakoon polishes to complete the set.

post #130 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

I'm getting the blush and the polish. Maybe the lipstick later. Does anyone know the finish of the lipstick? Persia eyeshadow is lovely, but I don't want to start collecting NARS individual compacts. I hope for the day they'll create pan versions of their shadows. I am very interested in the And God Created Woman palette. Aside from all of the colors looking very wearable, I just love the name.

 

I say the lipstick has a satin finish. Just my 2 cents.

 

Given François Nars seems to be quite the movie enthusiast, I think the "And God Created Woman" name is a reference to the 1956 classic Roger Vadim movie with Brigitte Bardot. That's the english title for the movie.

post #131 of 655

Ok I just saw the complete colour story. I don't really buy makeup often anymore but always Nars has to draw me in! I want:

 

- Persia single e/s (I have to coz I'm Persian)

- Bouthan e/s duo (I actually wear a lot of pink eyeshadows)

- Cythere l/s ( sounds unique to me)

- Disco Inferno n/p (pending review of the formula, though Nars usually makes amazing polishes)

 

Man I haven't been on Specktra forever!!!

post #132 of 655

I bet I already have most of these shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

Actually, I really love the Sephora palette now that I look at it too. I suspect these would be permanent shadows, but the colours are all staples. Kind of strikes me as the "Nars Naked" palette.

post #133 of 655

th_e2cloud9.gif Yes but you have the greatest gift of all compared to makeup.

I agree the duo is beautiful, the blue/green one is bold and this one is soft.

post #134 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

Thank you Aquamarine1543!

 

I'm in trouble, I want way too many things.

 

How many items do you want?

post #135 of 655

Great  work finding these images!  Love the look of that Sephora eyeshadow palette, can't wait to check it out  Also want to try the creamy concealer. Looking forward to seeing swatches.

post #136 of 655
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine1543 View Post

How many items do you want?

The blush, the lipstick, the nail polish, both duos (or maybe just one), and the "And God Created Woman" gift set. Add to that a few satin lip pencils, a radiant creamy concealer, and finally a tinted moisturizer (if Terre-Neuve is indeed lighter than Finland).

Just like you, I suspect that NARS will collaborate with another designer for summer (since Thakoon was a success, I think), and if that's the case, that means it would be limited edition. So I really need to put some thought into what I want, so as to spread out my spendings over time and not miss out on a LE item.

post #137 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

The blush, the lipstick, the nail polish, both duos (or maybe just one), and the "And God Created Woman" gift set. Add to that a few satin lip pencils, a radiant creamy concealer, and finally a tinted moisturizer (if Terre-Neuve is indeed lighter than Finland).

Just like you, I suspect that NARS will collaborate with another designer for summer (since Thakoon was a success, I think), and if that's the case, that means it would be limited edition. So I really need to put some thought into what I want, so as to spread out my spendings over time and not miss out on a LE item.

 

 

I had no idea TM light 0 will come out in March. I'll def. get it!!

Now I'm in big trouble. The satin lip pencils and TM will come out in the same month?! Oh no 001_unsure.gif

post #138 of 655

bouthan + mad mad = mine.

post #139 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

And finally the Radiant Creamy Concealers!

I'm very happy that the packaging is true to the typical NARS style, with a matte black cap. Actually it's the same as the Larger Than Life Lip Glosses.

I think there will be 10 shades, the same as the regular concealers.

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Source: http://vimeo.com/48549436

hopefully the concealer applicators wont have that pointy azz steak knife like applicator like the glosses did YIKES!!!

post #140 of 655

im a suckeeeeeer for Nars blushes (lovejoy was my first one) and Seduction blush doesn't look like the consistency of a cream (from the pics), i want that persia shadow though but NOT if it's gonna be as sheer as what they did on the model ohboy.gif. i want that pink duo shadow too but i need to see swatches first. i hear great things about "Douceur" so i think i wanna pick it up!! im not a fan of lip n shadow pencils becuz isnt it a bytch to sharpen??? or just me anyone.gif uggggh!! between all these upcoming collections i.e. mac archie girls n lawd knows what other 5 collections they got behind it, nars n bare escentuals i need to put a HALT on some thangs cuz thanx to the FISCAL CLIFF budget n tax cuts imma have to start twerking to support my makeup habit clapping.gif

post #141 of 655
Really hoping Seduction blush is apowder formula, else I'm skipping it. Those setting powder do look interesting, too. I wonder if light reflection here means white cast, though...
post #142 of 655
Thread Starter 

Everything indicates that Seduction is a powder blush.

post #143 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

Everything indicates that Seduction is a powder blush.


pompom.gif

post #144 of 655

Seduction blush is a powder.

FYI there is a link on the NARS FB page that allows you to sign up to shop the collection 3 days before it's release on narscosmetics.com

post #145 of 655

Miss Lipstick says it's a cream blush but it definitely looks like a regular powder blush it seems.

http://misslipstick.fr/2013/01/quelles-sont-les-nouveautes-maquillages-de-ce-debut-dannee-2013-1ere-partie-nars-urban-decay/

 

 

SOURCE : Miss Lipstick

 

Well, I don't know ? 001_unsure.gif

post #146 of 655
Thread Starter 

She's wrong, it's a powder blush. The promo picture leaves no doubt about that. The NARS FB page would have mentioned it. Check the NARS website and compare a promo picture for a cream blush and for a powder blush: Seduction is a powder blush.

She probably wrote the article before the official information was released and she read here (the Elle tweet) that it was a cream blush.

post #147 of 655
Thread Starter 

Swatches of Cythère Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil.

 

 

 

 

Source: http://www.beautyalchemist.com/2013/01/nars-cythere-velvet-gloss-lip-pencil.html

post #148 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

Swatches of Cythère Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil.

 

 

 

 

Source: http://www.beautyalchemist.com/2013/01/nars-cythere-velvet-gloss-lip-pencil.html

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks, Marie!

Eww..I'm sure I can't pull this off. :S

Actually, I keep trying to find some swatches of the blush, but so far I've got nothing.:(

post #149 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

She's wrong, it's a powder blush. The promo picture leaves no doubt about that. The NARS FB page would have mentioned it. Check the NARS website and compare a promo picture for a cream blush and for a powder blush: Seduction is a powder blush.

She probably wrote the article before the official information was released and she read here (the Elle tweet) that it was a cream blush.


I am pretty sure it is a powder blush..and you are absolutely right about the pictures showing the difference!  The cream blushes are all smooth..

post #150 of 655

Sneak peak of Seduction blush! It is, indeed, a powder :)

 

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/01/sneak-peek-nars-seduction-blush-for-spring-2013.html

 

I NEED this.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NARS