or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NARS Spring 2013 - Page 9

post #241 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Thanks all. I thought I'd seen a couple of people my shade saying they used it to highlight. Actually, revoking my thanks you enablers!!! cutey.gif


Luster is a blush, but is normally used a highlighter on deeper skin tones. That's because the bronze peach color just melts into our skin and the gold shimmer in the blush remains visible. The shimmer is not chunky like in Angelika or Super Orgasm, which I don't like. It's also not like Whisper of Gilt or Superb at all, which I also love.

 

Luster is a very soft, natural, gorgeous highlight on darker skin. It'll work beautifully into the natural and neutral looks that you like to do.

 

EDIT: I just noticed your new location. girlhaha.gif

post #242 of 655
Thread Starter 

BlushingNoir has swatches, pictures, a review, and a look made with Mad Mad World Duo Eyeshadow up on her website.

It looks lovely.

 

Over UDPP only:

 

 

http://blushingnoir.com/2013/01/nars-mad-mad-world-duo-eyeshadow-swatches-review-eotd-spring-2013/

post #243 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Thanks all. I thought I'd seen a couple of people my shade saying they used it to highlight. Actually, revoking my thanks you enablers!!! cutey.gif


I am sorry i did not look at your coloring

post #244 of 655

Monsy, I added that info immediately after posting. No worries.

post #245 of 655

Anyway Luster is beautiful as a blush or highlighter. 

post #246 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

BlushingNoir has swatches, pictures, a review, and a look made with Mad Mad World Duo Eyeshadow up on her website.

It looks lovely.

 

Over UDPP only:

 

 

http://blushingnoir.com/2013/01/nars-mad-mad-world-duo-eyeshadow-swatches-review-eotd-spring-2013/

 

 

It's so beautiful !

post #247 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Thanks all. I thought I'd seen a couple of people my shade saying they used it to highlight. Actually, revoking my thanks you enablers!!! cutey.gif

 

devil.gif Luster is an intense enough colour that it would show up on deep skin tones. Applied lightly, it could work as a highlighter, but it would still be more of a blush shade.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

BlushingNoir has swatches, pictures, a review, and a look made with Mad Mad World Duo Eyeshadow up on her website.

It looks lovely.

 

Over UDPP only:

 

 

http://blushingnoir.com/2013/01/nars-mad-mad-world-duo-eyeshadow-swatches-review-eotd-spring-2013/

 

So pretty! I was just looking at the Estee Lauder cream shadows yesterday. There's an intense green that would look amazing with this duo.

post #248 of 655

Kate - hahah yes! I shall do a theme FOTD then. Will use Persia and Tehran :P I also agree with what you say about Karen's swatches. Her's always look muted so these shadows must be super pigmented!

 

Damn it these eyeshadows are getting more beautiful again! And I don't know that I have a blue/green duo from any brand. The closest I have is Nars South Pacific but that's more like teal and aqua duo. It's now confirmed that I will get both duo and the single eyeshadow :D

 

Anyone know when this is coming to Canada? 

post #249 of 655
Does anyone know when the "and God created Woman" gift set is coming out? And where?
post #250 of 655
Thread Starter 

According to the source it will be available in February, and it's a Sephora-exclusive in France. I have no idea for the other countries. Maybe it's a good idea to contact your local Sephora and/or NARS customer service?

post #251 of 655
Thread Starter 

Someone is selling 13 Satin Lip Pencils on eBay. And they put a list of names, and a picture. :D

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTY0NzI0NTEwNTBjYzUxZWY0MWNiYjA1MGVlMzViYjkxNWU0fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1zdXNhbm5hMDA3fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT0xLzkvMTMgODozNyBQTQ==

 

(from left to right)

Palais Royal
Majella
Hyde Park
Golshan
Het Loo
Luxembourg
Jardin Des Plantes
Yu
Lodhi
Rikugien
Isola Bella
Biscayne Park
Floralies

 

 

Source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-NARS-Satin-Lip-Pencil-Spring-2013-Collection-Retail-24-each-/110999095886?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item19d80fca4e

post #252 of 655
Thread Starter 

Oh and they're selling some Radiant Creamy Concealers as well. Not all shades, it seems.

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTI1YTAyMjAwNTBhZWE4NTdiMjZkYzA1MGVlMmZhOGU2OWQwfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1zdXNhbm5hMDA3fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT0xLzEwLzEzIDc6MzYgUE0=

 

(from left to right)

Dark 1
Med/Dark 1
Light 3
Medium 2
Light 1

 

 

Source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-NARS-Radiant-Creamy-Concealer-Spring-2013-Collection-Retail-24-each-/110999091171?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item19d80fb7e3

post #253 of 655

nail polish is so disappointing. three coats and still looks sheer. 

post #254 of 655
Thanks MarieMary
post #255 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

Someone is selling 13 Satin Lip Pencils on eBay. And they put a list of names, and a picture. :D

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTY0NzI0NTEwNTBjYzUxZWY0MWNiYjA1MGVlMzViYjkxNWU0fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1zdXNhbm5hMDA3fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT0xLzkvMTMgODozNyBQTQ==

 

(from left to right)

Palais Royal
Majella
Hyde Park
Golshan
Het Loo
Luxembourg
Jardin Des Plantes
Yu
Lodhi
Rikugien
Isola Bella
Biscayne Park
Floralies

 

 

Source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-NARS-Satin-Lip-Pencil-Spring-2013-Collection-Retail-24-each-/110999095886?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item19d80fca4e

 

 

 

Thanks,Marie!

 

Because of the flash light, they look really different from the pic you posted before.lol

 

Btw, I'm in trouble. Except for red, orangish and nude lip pencils, I want all of them. At least 8~9 of them.:S


Edited by Aquamarine1543 - 1/11/13 at 5:46pm
post #256 of 655

I can't wait to see the color story of the lip pencils, btw! eyelove.gif

post #257 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads View Post

I find it works wonderfully with the more pigmented blushes, but with the sheer ones, I get almost no color if I use the Yachiyo - I wonder if it's something I am doing wrong or is it just that the brush blends everything so beautifully that the sheers disappear?

I guess what I meant was the super intenso blushes would be yachiyofied, and my mac 116 I use anyway with excellent results on everything else.
I only just bought the brush 2 weeks ago, so I haven't experimented enough to say how it performs with all the sheerer nars blushes! So far I've used it with outlaw, madly and gilda, and a variety of mac blushes and msfs.
Are you getting the blush?
post #258 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post


I guess what I meant was the super intenso blushes would be yachiyofied, and my mac 116 I use anyway with excellent results on everything else.
I only just bought the brush 2 weeks ago, so I haven't experimented enough to say how it performs with all the sheerer nars blushes! So far I've used it with outlaw, madly and gilda, and a variety of mac blushes and msfs.
Are you getting the blush?

 

Yachiyofied :D :D  Yes, I am getting the blush..

post #259 of 655

Everything is back up on the NARS site..in case anyone wants to rush and place an order now..doesn't make a difference I guess, though, since nothing would get processed before Monday.

post #260 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post

Oh and they're selling some Radiant Creamy Concealers as well. Not all shades, it seems.

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTI1YTAyMjAwNTBhZWE4NTdiMjZkYzA1MGVlMmZhOGU2OWQwfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1zdXNhbm5hMDA3fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT0xLzEwLzEzIDc6MzYgUE0=

 

(from left to right)

Dark 1
Med/Dark 1
Light 3
Medium 2
Light 1

 

 

Source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-NARS-Radiant-Creamy-Concealer-Spring-2013-Collection-Retail-24-each-/110999091171?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item19d80fb7e3

 

I wonder how much product we'll get with these concealers.  The current stick concealer is a pitiful 0.07 oz/ 2 g. 

post #261 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

 

Well, since we have Karen's swatch of Persia now, here's her swatch of Saffron to compare.

 

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/mac-mickey-contractor-collection-swatches-and-pictures/

 

Persia looks a bit deeper and redder... I think whether there's enough difference to warrant owning both would depend on how much you like to wear those colours.

 

 

Luster has a lot of shimmer, but it's definitely a blush. It has a lot of colour to it as well.

 

ways tempted to grab them when I see them... Could get costly this season.

i use luster as a kind of highlighter with other blushes, and also as a blush when by itself. 

 

i'm ordering the two duos and the blush. persia i am still on the fence, maybe wait and see how it swatches on me. i tend to use saffron in the crease, so this would be used similarly....you are right, it's going to be a costly season! 

post #262 of 655
Thread Starter 

I suspect that given people's interest for the spring 2013 collection, this thread will be filled with reviews and swatches pretty soon. Therefore, I took the liberty of creating specific threads for the Satin Lip Pencils, the Radiant Creamy Concealers and the Light Reflecting Setting Powders so that the spring 2013 thread is devoted solely to the spring 2013 collection. :)

 

- Satin Lip Pencils: http://www.specktra.net/t/182225/nars-satin-lip-pencils

- Radiant Creamy Concealers: http://www.specktra.net/t/182226/nars-radiant-creamy-concealers

- Light Reflecting Setting Powders: http://www.specktra.net/t/182227/nars-light-reflecting-setting-powders

 

 

Anyway, back to the topic. :)

I wasn't that interested in Persia because I thought it was too orange. But after seeing the swatches, I kind of want it now. :P

post #263 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaiFluff View Post


Wouldn't that be for a kontour with a k? smiles.gif

th_thdeadea.gif u know what....YES...yes it should be lol...i need to start stampin that huh!!

post #264 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

 

devil.gif Luster is an intense enough colour that it would show up on deep skin tones. Applied lightly, it could work as a highlighter, but it would still be more of a blush shade.

 

 

On me, Luster's color is barely visible even after packing it on. I end up with shimmer overload at that point.

post #265 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

 

On me, Luster's color is barely visible even after packing it on. I end up with shimmer overload at that point.

 

Interesting to know! Obviously, I was making an assumption- I figured the colour would come through. 

 

And thank you for the photos of the pencils and concealers, Marie! I can see about four of the lip pencils that I want right off... I'm definitely going to have to plan around my budget so that I don't end up homeless from the Nars haul!

post #266 of 655

i managed to place an order online, but i didn't get a confirmation yet....so i'm not sure whether it worked!

i've never ordered from nars before, so i don't know how long it should take. th_dunno.gif

post #267 of 655

I'm gonna be patient and wait to buy at the counter. I like to swatch things before I buy and I like the SA at our Nars counter. I had actually forgotten about the satin pencils damn it! There are at least 5 in there that I need. Oh ya, there's this pencil called "Golshan" in there, fourth one from the left. Golshan is another Persian name. It's actually my grandmother maiden name from my dad side.....So that one is a must for me :P

 

I've never used under eye concealer before but now with baby and sleep deprivation I feel like I may need it. Just not sure if I should grab one of these new Nars ones or go for the cult favourites Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier.

 

Funny the comment on Luster. I always thought that was one of the WOC friendly shades. I tried it once years ago in the winter and I found it too bronzey/pigmented for my taste or at least my winter skintone. I much prefer Madly for me, much more natural. 

post #268 of 655
I absolutely love Luster. I use it with Casino bronzer and it looks very natural and warm.
post #269 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

 

Interesting to know! Obviously, I was making an assumption- I figured the colour would come through. 

 

And thank you for the photos of the pencils and concealers, Marie! I can see about four of the lip pencils that I want right off... I'm definitely going to have to plan around my budget so that I don't end up homeless from the Nars haul!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady View Post

I'm gonna be patient and wait to buy at the counter. I like to swatch things before I buy and I like the SA at our Nars counter. I had actually forgotten about the satin pencils damn it! There are at least 5 in there that I need. Oh ya, there's this pencil called "Golshan" in there, fourth one from the left. Golshan is another Persian name. It's actually my grandmother maiden name from my dad side.....So that one is a must for me :P

 

I've never used under eye concealer before but now with baby and sleep deprivation I feel like I may need it. Just not sure if I should grab one of these new Nars ones or go for the cult favourites Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier.

 

Funny the comment on Luster. I always thought that was one of the WOC friendly shades. I tried it once years ago in the winter and I found it too bronzey/pigmented for my taste or at least my winter skintone. I much prefer Madly for me, much more natural. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanfour View Post

I absolutely love Luster. I use it with Casino bronzer and it looks very natural and warm.


Please don't misunderstand what I said about Luster. It's very WOC, but more so as a highlighter. The color itself doesn't show up on my skin, but it's still gorgeous. It's my 2nd favorite blush after Taj Mahal. I love how it wears differently on various skin tones, but still looks beautiful on all of us.

post #270 of 655

Another review of the blush:

 

http://www.glitterglossgarbage.com/nars-seduction/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nars-seduction

 

 

It mentioned the blush has lack of pigmentation.

 

I think I should pass the entire collection.

The more I see reviews, the more I know/am sure the blush won't look good on my skintone.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NARS