or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NARS Spring 2013 - Page 15

post #421 of 655

It will feel differently than probably any brush you've used due to the handle. It's really interesting.

 

I ordered directly from NARS and my order hasn't even shipped yet. sigh.gif

post #422 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads View Post

I got the Yachiyoooooooooo nanaparty.gif 

 

Hehheeeeeeeeeeeeee...and I still wonder if it's worth all that money..and does it really dooo annnnything??  I don't want to like it..at all...but then I take some really pigmented blush and swipe it on with the Yachiyo and it's soooooo beautiful!  I don't know what's in that brush...!!! 
 

it's magical!

actually, i found it felt a bit perverse how light as a feather it is...i expected something more ubstantial. but hey...it works!

 

as for the dancing bananas, do they come as a group, or do people always type in a whole bunch to make em fancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

It will feel differently than probably any brush you've used due to the handle. It's really interesting.

 

I ordered directly from NARS and my order hasn't even shipped yet. sigh.gif

same here. whats going on?

post #423 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post
as for the dancing bananas, do they come as a group, or do people always type in a whole bunch to make em fancy?

There is a single banana and there's a banana chorus line to choose from.

post #424 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post
The Yachiyo is wonderful for highly pigmented blushes. [SNIP] While I like it, I'm not sure it's worth 50 duckets. I'd take advantage of the Beauty.com and/or NARS 20% off sales or Sephora's VIB sale to get a discount.

 

Sadly, sephora does not sell the Yachiyo brush or i'd have bought it a couple years ago.

 

But... NARS has sales? On-line? And beauty.com? and they do have the Yachio. Ooo-ooo.

 

And the little NARS kabuki brush tempts me... it's just like a brush i bought in Japan in 1972 - now i have to see if i can find it!

post #425 of 655

The only thing i want from this collection is Bouthan - i've really been getting into pink eyeshadow lately. Mad Mad World's intensely blue and green doesn't really work on me. Persia (paprika) might, though...

post #426 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

 

Sadly, sephora does not sell the Yachiyo brush or i'd have bought it a couple years ago.

 

But... NARS has sales? On-line? And beauty.com? and they do have the Yachio. Ooo-ooo.

 

And the little NARS kabuki brush tempts me... it's just like a brush i bought in Japan in 1972 - now i have to see if i can find it!


NARS had their 20% off sale last month..I guess it's a regular thing - every December..

post #427 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

 

Sadly, sephora does not sell the Yachiyo brush or i'd have bought it a couple years ago.

 

But... NARS has sales? On-line? And beauty.com? and they do have the Yachio. Ooo-ooo.

 

And the little NARS kabuki brush tempts me... it's just like a brush i bought in Japan in 1972 - now i have to see if i can find it!

Oh, that's right. I forgot while I was typing. I, too, would have picked up the Yachiyo much earlier if Sephora had carried it. Why the heck doesn't Sephora carry it? It would sell much better, IMHO, than the Botan they carry. But yes NARS and Beauty.com have Friends & Family 20% off. Their November sales last year were both close together so it was kind of annoying b/c you couldn't spread out your spending. I think the Sephora sales were in Nov early Dec as well. Then there was the MAC Holiday collection. It was overload. Oh and with your order Beauty.com sends you a $10 coupon. Plus, they give you money to spend on their website every quarter based on your previous purchases. If their samples were on par with Sephora's it'd be really hard to stay away from that site. Beauty.com does a lot to make you a repeat customer. They need to beef up their website design though.

post #428 of 655

Received the blush & single eyeshadow today. I like Seduction the most, it actually makes a great eyeshadow.

post #429 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

Received the blush & single eyeshadow today. I like Seduction the most, it actually makes a great eyeshadow.

 

Cool! btw do you have lighter skin? How's Seduction?

I have light skin (NC10~15) and I'm curious whether it's also good on my complexion.

post #430 of 655

Here's a review of Mad Mad World that made me chuckle a bit because of the '90s phrases:

 

http://blog.flauntme.com/2013/01/16/its-a-nars-mad-mad-world-duo-eyeshadow-review/

post #431 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine1543 View Post

 

Cool! btw do you have lighter skin? How's Seduction?

I have light skin (NC10~15) and I'm curious whether it's also good on my complexion.

I'm somewhere between NW20-25 and think it looks really good. The thing that makes seduction very wearable compared to other darker blushes is that it's red based. Not really purpley at all. Very natural and it could occur in say a bruise, but I like that look personally lol

 

The swatch on temptalia makes it look bright. This is not a 'bright' blush. Here are swatches in white-light

post #432 of 655
These look lovely, although we are not the same complexion! I appreciate your swatches...I ordered these same two items and cannot wait till they arrive! I adore the way NARS products can suit array of complexions:) thanks for sharing hon.
post #433 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

I'm somewhere between NW20-25 and think it looks really good. The thing that makes seduction very wearable compared to other darker blushes is that it's red based. Not really purpley at all. Very natural and it could occur in say a bruise, but I like that look personally lol

 

The swatch on temptalia makes it look bright. This is not a 'bright' blush. Here are swatches in white-light

 

 

 

Thanks for the swatch!

Btw, can you compare it to Crazed or Mounia blush which were discontinued?

If it's similar to Crazed, I'll def. get it! :)

 

 

 

post #434 of 655
post #435 of 655
Quote:


I love her reviews and it doesn't hurt that our skin tones are similar. I'm definitely getting the lipstick. It's very pretty.

post #436 of 655
It looks like most counters won't be receiving the collection until sometime around the 1st. I just placed my order with Sephora to get the two pieces that I know I'll absolutely love, Bouthan and Seduction, and I will get the rest of what I need when Neiman's gets it.
post #437 of 655

According to Temptalia, Seduction is a powder blush.

 

http://www.temptalia.com/nars-seduction-blush-review-photos-swatches

 

ETA: Nevermind, I saw a post somewhere that thought Seduction was a cream blush.

post #438 of 655
N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post

According to Temptalia, Seduction is a powder blush.

http://www.temptalia.com/nars-seduction-blush-review-photos-swatches

ETA: Nevermind, I saw a post somewhere that thought Seduction was a cream blush.
Narscosmetics. com where I have purchased most of my products directly from them always give u description of the item. It is a powder blush:)
post #439 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampyCouture View Post


I love her reviews and it doesn't hurt that our skin tones are similar. I'm definitely getting the lipstick. It's very pretty.


VampyCouture...that's so sweet of you!!  Thank you :)  I hope you like the lipstick...but it is a little ...just a litttttle drying..

post #440 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post

According to Temptalia, Seduction is a powder blush.

 

http://www.temptalia.com/nars-seduction-blush-review-photos-swatches

 

ETA: Nevermind, I saw a post somewhere that thought Seduction was a cream blush.

 

It's a powder blush - I have it and have used it :D

post #441 of 655

I really like my Yachiyo. I got mine over the holidays with a Gilt City discount voucher. I ordered it directly from NARS' website. I agree that it's not the softest, but I think it wouldn't blend as well if it was too soft. I like using mine to contour with Chanel Notorious. I'm new to contouring, and I feel like I had too much product when I used my MAC 128 and 129 brushes. Luckily, Notorious is somewhat fool proof on my skin tone, but I felt like those brushes blended out the contour too far on my small face. The Yachiyo seemed to keep the contour right in the hallow of my cheeks. I was able to blend it out without covering half of my face. I doubt I'll use the Yachiyo to apply blush. I like seeing the pop of color on my cheeks, so I don't want a faint application.

 

I've also been very curious about the Hakuhodo brushes for a while now. I'm going to get at least one of their brushes this year. I'm mainly interested in their Vermillion S100 Series brushes. eyelove.gif

 

http://www.hakuhodousa.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_3&zenid=301bec06e5b79092d89e3697c1d4d7f3

 

I haven't pulled the trigger on the blush and lipstick yet. They're still sitting in my Sephora cart. I was trying to see if the polish would be appear, but then I remembered what I was waiting for - another discount. lol.gif  Isn't Sephora coming out with another sale soon? I'm not sure I can continue to be patient. Seduction needs to join its sisters in my collection right away. I also have both Crazed and Mounia to compare.

 

Kiki, you're a trip! And yes, get Exhibit A.

post #442 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

It will feel differently than probably any brush you've used due to the handle. It's really interesting.

 

I ordered directly from NARS and my order hasn't even shipped yet. sigh.gif


In my experience, NARS usually takes a while to ship.

post #443 of 655

My blush & ls JUST arrived - I will go takes pics right away! Be right back!

 

Crap, false alarm - it was the mail girlhaha.gif but  they will be here shortly & will post the pics right away

post #444 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

My blush & ls JUST arrived - I will go takes pics right away! Be right back!

 

Crap, false alarm - it was the mail girlhaha.gif but  they will be here shortly & will post the pics right away

 

Haaaa :D  Hope you get it sooon...would love to see your photos!!

post #445 of 655

An extreeeeeeemely silly question..but would someone tell me what this emoticon is for???

tumbleweed.gif 

post #446 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads View Post

An extreeeeeeemely silly question..but would someone tell me what this emoticon is for???

tumbleweed.gif 


Lol, it's normally used when you're waiting for something, like for a collection to launch online. You're seeing tumbleweeds pass you by because there's nothing happening yet.

post #447 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


Lol, it's normally used when you're waiting for something, like for a collection to launch online. You're seeing tumbleweeds pass you by because there's nothing happening yet.


Aaaaaaaaah..okay...thanks...I saw that a lot in the MAC Archies thread girlhaha.gif

post #448 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads View Post


Aaaaaaaaah..okay...thanks...I saw that a lot in the MAC Archies thread girlhaha.gif


girlhaha.gif I'm afraid to go back into that thread. I was offline for a couple days and then I come back to see over 1000 new posts. There's no way I'm going to catch up.

post #449 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads View Post


VampyCouture...that's so sweet of you!!  Thank you :)  I hope you like the lipstick...but it is a little ...just a litttttle drying..

 

No problem! A few months back, I went through like, every post of yours lol because I wanted to see how products looked on you before buying! Sucks that it's so drying though :(

post #450 of 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampyCouture View Post

 

No problem! A few months back, I went through like, every post of yours lol because I wanted to see how products looked on you before buying! Sucks that it's so drying though :(


OMG..! I am superembarrrrrrasssssed :| :D   I have some really horrid photos in there...

 

Not sooo dryinggg..but ya it is..I found the Chanel Rouge Allures much more drying, and a LOT of people would disagree with me on that!

 

I have been lurking on Specktra for so long now..was too scared to comment anywhere..it's only after I saw the Chanel and NARS threads that I got a little brave and started posting here...and now it's among the first pages I open soon as I log in :D :D  Thanks to all of you..for being so friendly and fun!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NARS