or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion - Page 201

post #6001 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri View Post

 

 

And where's Piarpreet? Hope she's okay!

 

 

I didn't know how to quote that honeyonboost thing, but she's in Vegas at the moment. 2cents.gif

post #6002 of 7768

I know this is OT so I apologise, but does anyone know if those ice cube trays will fit in a MALM dresser with lipsticks in them?

 

I'd like to buy them as I can't find an acrylic lipstick holder here that will hold enough without costing me a fortune and it'd be perfect and while they are cheap, I can't afford to be wasting money. :/

post #6003 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns View Post

I love your new avatar. You look so cute!

 

Hahah thank you!

post #6004 of 7768

I found a perfect way to wear "Ready to Party", I use it as a wash over any other color.  It is most fabulous over TDH, but I've been using it almost daily over any other color.  It adds a lovely depth to any color.  I was worried I was going to have to send it back, but will now be keeping it.  And for me, the perfect brush to apply "Whisper of Gilt" is the new Sephora fan brush.   I am not young and too much sparkle and shine just makes me look - well - stupid.  This new Sephora fan brush is thicker than any other fan brush I've seen and it applies just the right amount of the highlight - for me. 

post #6005 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

for lipsticks. mini_ice_cube_trays_new.jpg

 

This is all very nice but it won't cut it for OCD nutters like yours truly who need their lippies (and blushes. and eyeshadows. and shoes. and everything else) to live in their own boxes. However old, tattered and minging said boxes may be. I just moved to a new place and yesterday caught my mum (who was helping me with the move) in the blasphemous act of sneaking a semi-disintegrated shoe box in the bin. Oh the horror! I shall spare you the gory details of the ensuing spectacle but let's just say I still have the box bigstar.gif

 

 

Maybe I should just get one of these ice cube contraptions anyway and see if I can tolerate boxless lippies*. It really is a great storage solution!

 

*I still won't throw away my boxes though. One step at a time. lol.

post #6006 of 7768

Haha! I have my shoes in boxes, too! And keep all the Mac boxes of course! Yesterday I had a had time because I B2Med a lippie and they did not give me the box! cry.gif

 

Yesterday I tried on DE. It was not bad, looked a bit translucent on me. But I think I need a liner though. I have bought several darker lippies this fall. It would be nice if just one liner would fix them all but I don't think so.
 

post #6007 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post

Haha! I have my shoes in boxes, too! And keep all the Mac boxes of course! Yesterday I had a had time because I B2Med a lippie and they did not give me the box! cry.gif

 

Yesterday I tried on DE. It was not bad, looked a bit translucent on me. But I think I need a liner though. I have bought several darker lippies this fall. It would be nice if just one liner would fix them all but I don't think so.
 

 

How very dare they! The poor lippie is going to feel so miserable amongst its boxed brethren! Some people have no empathy. Tsk tsk.

 

Boxes are GOOD. Everything should come in boxes supacool.gif

post #6008 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemu21 View Post

I saw a couple of these at the Mac store.  Hope mine comes intact.

Yes it one of those things where it was left loose in the shipping box because the kit cam in a box took up X space. I didn't realize it was loose until I turn the the pot upside down one more time and it slid out. It are really clean break though but since it was out I decided to repot it into a metal pan. I would want to travel with it now so it's in my daily wear Z palette. tong.gif

post #6009 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipstickdiva420 View Post

I see a difference small vanity has more sheen.

Its the little differences that mean so much to us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

Small Vanity  is not like The Perfect Cheek - PC is much paler.

 

Small Vanity is slightly more pigmented &  slightly more tan/beige - Blushbaby is softer in tone and more pink based

Sounds like we are justified to own ALL THREE!  Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215 View Post


The only thing that is not selling me on the set is the color of the fabric. It would get dirty in no time.

I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

This is all very nice but it won't cut it for OCD nutters like yours truly who need their lippies (and blushes. and eyeshadows. and shoes. and everything else) to live in their own boxes. However old, tattered and minging said boxes may be. I just moved to a new place and yesterday caught my mum (who was helping me with the move) in the blasphemous act of sneaking a semi-disintegrated shoe box in the bin. Oh the horror! I shall spare you the gory details of the ensuing spectacle but let's just say I still have the box bigstar.gif

 

 

Maybe I should just get one of these ice cube contraptions anyway and see if I can tolerate boxless lippies*. It really is a great storage solution!

 

*I still won't throw away my boxes though. One step at a time. lol.

Well, mine don't have to live in their boxes, but those trays are giving me an OCD-gasm, so I guess I am a bit nutters!  And if I had the least bit of inclination to be an enterprenuer (Sorry, spelling is NOT one of my OCD things unfortunately) then I would buy them, paint them and totally resell as a lipstick tray for more cash.

post #6010 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Its the little differences that mean so much to us...

Sounds like we are justified to own ALL THREE!  Yay!

I know, right?

Well, mine don't have to live in their boxes, but those trays are giving me an OCD-gasm, so I guess I am a bit nutters!  And if I had the least bit of inclination to be an enterprenuer (Sorry, spelling is NOT one of my OCD things unfortunately) then I would buy them, paint them and totally resell as a lipstick tray for more cash.

 

Oh yes! You could open an etsy store for your icecube/lipstick trays!

 

re: spelling - a girl needs to save her OCD resources for only the most important stuff. Like makeup boxes.

post #6011 of 7768

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

No, no, no...plunge with me gracie90.  I just ordered it to celebrate the return of our power post the awful hurricane/storm.  I didn't want pink but what the heck...YOLO right?

I ordered them yesterday! Yay for brushes :D

post #6012 of 7768

I wanted a couple of things from this collection but eff paying £15.50 ($25) for a lipstick and £19 ($30) for a blush. Everything still seems to be available on the MAC UK site, I wonder why.

post #6013 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by duku View Post

I wanted a couple of things from this collection but eff paying £15.50 ($25) for a lipstick and £19 ($30) for a blush. Everything still seems to be available on the MAC UK site, I wonder why.


You think that's bad? Here in Australia, we pay $36 AUD / $37 USD for a lipstick!

post #6014 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by linainoz View Post


You think that's bad? Here in Australia, we pay $36 AUD / $37 USD for a lipstick!

 

Guess I'm just cheap. I was willing to pay the extra £1.50 for Marilyn products but not this, I reckon lots of it will end up at CCO stores. You have sickeningly high prices in Oz. If you ever want a CP from the UK hit me up.

post #6015 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by linainoz View Post


You think that's bad? Here in Australia, we pay $36 AUD / $37 USD for a lipstick!

That's wack th_crazy2.gif


Edited by MACerette - 11/6/12 at 11:22am
post #6016 of 7768
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

I like the Warm Pigment set. Anyone else?

 

Me :-)

post #6017 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post

 

Thanks for your input!!!  I never had Stiletto, so this may just be the thing that pushes me over the edge to get it!  I look forward to hearing your thoughts after doing comparisons.  And 31 days of pink lips does sound like a challenge...I'd probably start itching to pop on a different shade too.  But good for you for supporting awareness!!!heart.gif

ChosenOne please accept my apologies for getting back to you so late  ssad.gif I don't know if anyone responded but Stilleto is d/c which is a bummer because it's one of my favorite lippies. I have scoured a couple of CCO's looking for it but haven't found it. If my memory serves correct I think Up the Amp was a close dupe of it. I'm headed to the mall tonite so I'll let you know. the 31 days was a challenge, a YES, I was itching to throw some red, plum, blue, ANYTHING on but I stuck to it. On Nov. 1st I had a bunch of lipsticks pulled out so that I could decide what to wear and guess what, I almost chose a pink but I went with Eden Rouge! Thanks for the feedback and I'll keep you updated on dupe.

post #6018 of 7768
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

mac-guy and medgal07, i also love the 128 brush, i have a back up, if i ever go back to the cco later this year or next, i hope i can find more!

 

kimi, I saw it recently at Wrentham. It's probably worth checking.

post #6019 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwdsprincess View Post


Yea I haven't seen pixie or honey on boost miss you girls

Oh MYYYYYYYYY you sweet Princess!  blush-anim-cl.gif  THIS earns you a cyber smooch!  love.gif  th_kiss.giflove.gif

I just started a new job in August and juggling my prior touring dates on top of that!  Been swamped!  I peek in and see how you ladies and gents are doing often!  

I saw your lovely photos of the lippies in the MM Thread!  Gorgeous Girl!!  xoxo

 

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me... pursuing something really important to me and I'm PRAYING it works out!!!  YAYS!!  th_happy1.gif

 

 

Elegant.... Happy Birthday my lovie!  Have a day as beautiful as you are (Inside AND Out!!)

pompom.gif  happybirthday.gif  pompom.gif

post #6020 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDancer View Post

Oh MYYYYYYYYY you sweet Princess!  blush-anim-cl.gif  THIS earns you a cyber smooch!  love.gif  th_kiss.giflove.gif

I just started a new job in August and juggling my prior touring dates on top of that!  Been swamped!  I peek in and see how you ladies and gents are doing often!  

I saw your lovely photos of the lippies in the MM Thread!  Gorgeous Girl!!  xoxo

 

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me... pursuing something really important to me and I'm PRAYING it works out!!!  YAYS!!  th_happy1.gif

 

 

Elegant.... Happy Birthday my lovie!  Have a day as beautiful as you are (Inside AND Out!!)

pompom.gif  happybirthday.gif  pompom.gif


Sending positive vibes your way! Good luck in whatever you're pursuing. th_thstars.gif

post #6021 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


Sending positive vibes your way! Good luck in whatever you're pursuing. th_thstars.gif

Thanks sooooooo much doll!  I'll keep you posted! xoxo

post #6022 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns View Post


Thank you so much for the swatches, geeko! It's very helpful! So, how many blushes do you have now?  greengrin.gif

 

 

hhehe... I'm embarassed haha. U still remembered I am addicted to blushers? eh..

 

I have like erm... 220 cheek products from MAC :X :X (Blushers, MSFs beauty powders... I don't buy back ups by the way XD ) and 90 over blushers from other brands. So total about 300plus blushers/cheek products now XD

 

Plus I just bought the 2 face kits from the Holiday collection today..so 2 more new blushers ( part of the reason y I bought the face kits was becoz of the blushers in them hehe)

 

So here's my haul for today. I m sooo broke after buying from glamourdaze and the kits from this holiday collection...argh. n I still need to buy 2 more crush pigment sets.

 

 

So I bought the travel bag (It's gorgeous!) The two divine desire full face kits in Quite Coral and Paramour Pink and the warm eyes eye kit.

 

I lOVE The travel bag a lot...

 

 

post #6023 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko View Post

 

hhehe... I'm embarassed haha. U still remembered I am addicted to blushers? eh..

 

I have like erm... 220 cheek products from MAC :X :X (Blushers, MSFs beauty powders... I don't buy back ups by the way XD ) and 90 over blushers from other brands. So total about 300plus blushers/cheek products now XD

 

Plus I just bought the 2 face kits from the Holiday collection today..so 2 more new blushers ( part of the reason y I bought the face kits was becoz of the blushers in them hehe)

 

So here's my haul for today. I m sooo broke after buying from glamourdaze and the kits from this holiday collection...argh. n I still need to buy 2 more crush pigment sets.

 

 

 

So I bought the travel bag (It's gorgeous!) The two divine desire full face kits in Quite Coral and Paramour Pink and the warm eyes eye kit.

 

I lOVE The travel bag a lot...

 

 

 

 

th_worship.gif That's an amazing blush collection! I love the travel bag, too. I wasn't expecting to like it all, but had to get it when I saw it in person. Are you going to get the matching brush kit?

post #6024 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko View Post

 

hhehe... I'm embarassed haha. U still remembered I am addicted to blushers? eh..

 

I have like erm... 220 cheek products from MAC :X :X (Blushers, MSFs beauty powders... I don't buy back ups by the way XD ) and 90 over blushers from other brands. So total about 300plus blushers/cheek products now XD

 

Plus I just bought the 2 face kits from the Holiday collection today..so 2 more new blushers ( part of the reason y I bought the face kits was becoz of the blushers in them hehe)

 

So here's my haul for today. I m sooo broke after buying from glamourdaze and the kits from this holiday collection...argh. n I still need to buy 2 more crush pigment sets.

 

 

So I bought the travel bag (It's gorgeous!) The two divine desire full face kits in Quite Coral and Paramour Pink and the warm eyes eye kit.

 

I lOVE The travel bag a lot...

 

 

Ooohh nice.  I think I have about 120 combined.  Do you have any favorites?  I find myself reaching for about 5 usually (Nars DT, Pink Swoon, Illa Hussy and Origins Gilded Rose).  I think it is fun to have lots of choices! friends.gif

post #6025 of 7768

There's too many I like... but the ones I find myself reaching more for these days are MAC lovecloud, MAC legendary (It gives a nice barely there kinda make up look) and now I quite like Easy Manner. It looks really light in the pan, but is buildable when applied onto the skin. I really love MAC blushers... They come out with a wide variety of LE and regular colors.......

post #6026 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

      which ones are you planing to get?? innocence and Dramatic encounter are in the us site. cp?? we could also wait for a restock. which im already waiting for. girlhaha.gif

 

Gah! I want my home internet back! Here I am, sitting at the office, catching up on the GD thread!

 

I was only going to get Impossibly Sweet and Tall, Dark & Handsome from the Dutch website, which I did (grudgingly, if I might add).

 

I made a big (VERY big by my standards, but this collection was right up my alley) haul when the collex was released on the US site and had the stuff sent to the address at which a colleague will be staying during her short US trip. Then I realised I needed IS and TD&H too! Evil, enabling swatches!!! devil.gif

 

Here's my haul (which I won't have between my greedy fingers until the end of next week)

- both skinfinishes

- SV blush

- OF, Beauty & Glamourdaze L/S

- FoF L/G

- all three fluidlines

- hanging bag

- pink lip set

- RTP, ANF, DB, S.Moment & S. Merry EDES

- smoky shadow set

 

Plus IS and TD&H from MAC.nl.

 

I've been a very bad girl. Sigh...

 

re: CP - thank you, you're very kind flower.gif. If MAC continues to charge silly prices then CPs are going to be the way to go for us European (and Aussie) girls.

post #6027 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

th_worship.gif That's an amazing blush collection! I love the travel bag, too. I wasn't expecting to like it all, but had to get it when I saw it in person. Are you going to get the matching brush kit?

 

I got one of the brush kits as a prezzie from my friend, but I don't really buy travel kits coz I still prefer the quality of the full size brushes from MAC. With this travel bag... I can fit my full size brushes nicely into it and can do away with the itty bitty travel size brushes when I go travelling. I never can get used to using a small itty bitty blusher brush or powder brush to brush my face...jus feels... funny. Juz me I supposed. Too used to full size brushes girlhaha.gif

post #6028 of 7768

Ok here my repressing of a MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow if you ever get stuck with a shattered/dislodged one.

http://www.warpaintandunicorns.com/2012/11/depottingrepotting-mac-extra-dimension.html

post #6029 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko View Post

 

hhehe... I'm embarassed haha. U still remembered I am addicted to blushers? eh..

 

I have like erm... 220 cheek products from MAC :X :X (Blushers, MSFs beauty powders... I don't buy back ups by the way XD ) and 90 over blushers from other brands. So total about 300plus blushers/cheek products now XD

 

Plus I just bought the 2 face kits from the Holiday collection today..so 2 more new blushers ( part of the reason y I bought the face kits was becoz of the blushers in them hehe)

 

So here's my haul for today. I m sooo broke after buying from glamourdaze and the kits from this holiday collection...argh. n I still need to buy 2 more crush pigment sets.

 

 

 

So I bought the travel bag (It's gorgeous!) The two divine desire full face kits in Quite Coral and Paramour Pink and the warm eyes eye kit.

 

I lOVE The travel bag a lot...

 

 

Great haul, enjoy! peace2.gif I'm really interested in getting the Paramour Pink kit as well, will definitely be checking it out tomorrow when the collection releases here :)

post #6030 of 7768

Here's my pic of my Parmount Pink full face kit...color not very accurate as I used my cam fone to take using instagram XD

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion