or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion - Page 213

post #6361 of 7768

I must have the neutral palette.  I don't think I can wait any longer.  Great look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckrodeo View Post

I used my Neutral Eye Set today and I'm in love with it! And as per mac-aiken's suggestion I tried Beauty l/s with Oversexed plushglass flower.gif

 

 

I used Jaunty e/s on my lid with Quarry e/s in the crease, then I blended Enviable e/s from the Neutral set on top of Jaunty and put Brun e/s in the outer V, Blonde Mink in the inner corner of the eye for a highlight. I tried out Local Wares fluidline for the eyeliner, too. My first time using it, it pulls more green on me. 

 

I'm also wearing Small Vanity blush with Perfect Topping, and the Marilyn bp as a finishing powder eyelove.gif

 

 

1000

 

I wore  a combo of Ready to Party with Evening Grey in the crease today with Small Vanity blush.  

post #6362 of 7768

I am SOL ladies. I told u I am a klutz th_wallbash.gif. As I was taking out my products from the coral face kit set to do swatching and comparison swatching... and putting the lipsticks back. one of the damn lipsticks accidentally fell back and hit my satin clutch (dammmmmnn... I sooo know this was coming) and wtf... Stained the satin clutch with the coral lip color....

 

Oh well. I saw this was coming.... if U ladies any tips for removing lipstick stains from the satin clutch pls let me know . ....  Very much appreciated :Xth_rolleye0014.gif

post #6363 of 7768

Swatches from me for the Divine Desire full face kit in Quite Coral. I wanted to add in Ravishing lipstick as well... but darn I can't find it. It got lost...I didn't know how it got lost and I hardly wear it in the first place sighs..

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #6364 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko View Post

I am SOL ladies. I told u I am a klutz th_wallbash.gif. As I was taking out my products from the coral face kit set to do swatching and comparison swatching... and putting the lipsticks back. one of the damn lipsticks accidentally fell back and hit my satin clutch (dammmmmnn... I sooo know this was coming) and wtf... Stained the satin clutch with the coral lip color....

 

Oh well. I saw this was coming.... if U ladies any tips for removing lipstick stains from the satin clutch pls let me know . ....  Very much appreciated :Xth_rolleye0014.gif

Oh no!  I always use Oxyclean for everything but I doubt you could put this in the washing machine.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

post #6365 of 7768

Yeah.. so i am really Out of Luck. I foresee it coming for me.(coz i m a clumsy oaf) So ladies..pls store ur clutches in a very safe place or be very very careful with them. Don't let anything stain them especially lipsticks like mine. Otherwise SOL like me :X

post #6366 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwdsprincess View Post


Belk.com still has it I just ordered it today because my Nordstrom one got cancelled, belk is free shipping on Mac orders, I absolutely love how small vanity looks as well on my face

!!! Ay dios mio you seriously made my day! yay now I don't have to go to pay crazy high price on ebay. It's my first blush ever and I fell in love with it

got so many compliments on it! plus I got 15% off coupon to use on this woohoo! thanks so much bella!

post #6367 of 7768
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko View Post

I am SOL ladies. I told u I am a klutz th_wallbash.gif. As I was taking out my products from the coral face kit set to do swatching and comparison swatching... and putting the lipsticks back. one of the damn lipsticks accidentally fell back and hit my satin clutch (dammmmmnn... I sooo know this was coming) and wtf... Stained the satin clutch with the coral lip color....

 

Oh well. I saw this was coming.... if U ladies any tips for removing lipstick stains from the satin clutch pls let me know . ....  Very much appreciated :Xth_rolleye0014.gif

 

I would try using a brush cleanser.

post #6368 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

I would try using a brush cleanser.


I was about to post the same. I just got a message from a friend and she recommended the Brush Cleanser for stains (in another context though).

post #6369 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

I would try using a brush cleanser.

 

Thanks a lot  I will try that. I m outta my brush cleanser though..so need to re purchse that n I will let u guys know after buying it if it manages to get my lipstick stains off my clutch ya...

post #6370 of 7768

Gracie and duckrodeo, you two look beautiful! I love the looks! eyelove.gif

 

Hope you feel better soon, Naynadine! bouquet.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko View Post

I am SOL ladies. I told u I am a klutz th_wallbash.gif. As I was taking out my products from the coral face kit set to do swatching and comparison swatching... and putting the lipsticks back. one of the damn lipsticks accidentally fell back and hit my satin clutch (dammmmmnn... I sooo know this was coming) and wtf... Stained the satin clutch with the coral lip color....

 

Oh well. I saw this was coming.... if U ladies any tips for removing lipstick stains from the satin clutch pls let me know . ....  Very much appreciated :Xth_rolleye0014.gif

Oh, so sorry, geeko. I wish I knew how to remove lipstick stains from a satin clutch.  th_cheerup.gif  Hope people here will give you some great ideas.

Thank you so much for the swatches! In a Heartbeat looks cute, cute, cute! eyelove.gif I'll wear a coral l/s tomorrow! Great see you back!

post #6371 of 7768
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko View Post

 

Thanks a lot  I will try that. I m outta my brush cleanser though..so need to re purchse that n I will let u guys know after buying it if it manages to get my lipstick stains off my clutch ya...

 

Mind you, it might fade the fabric a bit and you probably won't get it out completely, but it's still better than a l/s stain. I wouldn't wait too long to clean it though. If you leave it for several days, the chances are slim to get it out. Anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes (you probably won't remain the only one with a stained bag).

post #6372 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

Mind you, it might fade the fabric a bit and you probably won't get it out completely, but it's still better than a l/s stain. I wouldn't wait too long to clean it though. If you leave it for several days, the chances are slim to get it out. Anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes (you probably won't remain the only one with a stained bag).

 

Aye. It's best to remove the stain as soon as, before the lipstick really gets into the fibres. I remember reading somewhere that lipstick stains can be removed from silk using masking tape (I'm guessing it would work on satin too). Can't hurt to try!

post #6373 of 7768
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

Aye. It's best to remove the stain as soon as, before the lipstick really gets into the fibres. I remember reading somewhere that lipstick stains can be removed from silk using masking tape (I'm guessing it would work on satin too). Can't hurt to try!

 

I never tried that, but good to know.

post #6374 of 7768

Apologies if it's already been posted, but would anyone have a comparison swatch of Evening Grey and Warm Thunder? I already have WT and am wondering if EG is different enough to justify getting it too.

 

TIA flower.gif

post #6375 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

Apologies if it's already been posted, but would anyone have a comparison swatch of Evening Grey and Warm Thunder? I already have WT and am wondering if EG is different enough to justify getting it too.

 

TIA flower.gif

Shellcat posted comparison swatches of Warm Thunder and Evening Grey on page 167 of this thread. HTH :)

post #6376 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

 

Awesome haul!!!! nice that you have someone to get you the stuff here, with u$ prices!!! 

 

I know! It was such a nice coincidence that my colleague had arranged her site shortly after GD's release! She'll be back early next week, I think.

 

She hasn't mentioned anything in her e-mails but the poor thing probably had a minor shock when she saw my haul. I actually feel a bit bad about that, but too late now. Teehee.

post #6377 of 7768

The Hanging Travel Bag has sold out on the Australian site - I guess LoveSpree and I weren't the only ones who thought that price was too good to be true.

 

I half expected to get an email from Mac Australia cancelling the order because they got the price wrong.

 

Hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week.
 

post #6378 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post

Shellcat posted comparison swatches of Warm Thunder and Evening Grey on page 167 of this thread. HTH :)

 

Found it! Thank you!

 

Looks like I'll have to get EG after all.

 

*sigh*

post #6379 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

Found it! Thank you!

 

Looks like I'll have to get EG after all.

 

*sigh*

You're welcome! :)

 

And yup, they're not THAT alike, you can certainly justify getting both imo tong.gif

Which ones did you already get? :)

post #6380 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post

You're welcome! :)

 

And yup, they're not THAT alike, you can certainly justify getting both imo tong.gif

Which ones did you already get? :)

All but ES and RM. Chances are I'll cave in and complete the set. It would be rude not to, no? angelic.gif

post #6381 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

All but ES and RM. Chances are I'll cave in and complete the set. It would be rude not to, no? angelic.gif

Very! tong.gif I'm actually considering completing the set as well (still need EG, RM, and TD&H), but i got a phonecall today that the OPI James Bond polishes finally came in. I need to see how many polishes i'll haul first so i can recalculate my budget :p

post #6382 of 7768
I couldn't believe the price either!! I grabbed one as soon as it came online and free shipping!!

Glamour Daze releases 19th on counter here


Quote:
Originally Posted by linainoz View Post

The Hanging Travel Bag has sold out on the Australian site - I guess LoveSpree and I weren't the only ones who thought that price was too good to be true.

I half expected to get an email from Mac Australia cancelling the order because they got the price wrong.

Hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week.

 
post #6383 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post

Very! tong.gif I'm actually considering completing the set as well (still need EG, RM, and TD&H), but i got a phonecall today that the OPI James Bond polishes finally came in. I need to see how many polishes i'll haul first so i can recalculate my budget :p

Good idea. If only I did the same about my budget. I'm officially skint until my ex-landlord gives me back my deposit. He said he'd transfer it to my account this week, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I know for a fact that some of it is going directly to MAC's pockets!

post #6384 of 7768

Here is another look with products from this collection. I used TFSI and Painterly paint pot as a base and DB on the lids, EG in the crease, TDH in the outer v, Blanc Type to highlight and underneath my eyes I put Raven and RM over it. On my cheeks I have Supercontinental, Strada to contour and Superb to highlight. On my lips is Perennial High Style l/g.

700

700

I'm glad I got the EDSF. I thought they would be a bit dark to highlight, but they are not. I still would love it if Mac came out with a lighter shade in this finish.

post #6385 of 7768

Thanks MAC guy and BuickMackane, gonna try the tips out. I will update once I've tried cleaning the clutch....

post #6386 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko View Post

Thanks MAC guy and BuickMackane, gonna try the tips out. I will update once I've tried cleaning the clutch....

 

good luck!  :)

post #6387 of 7768

I have Purple Dash from G&I Collection (Iced Delights Pearl Eye Bag) and it has a nice texture and good

pigmentation.

It seems as if Temptalia got a dud with her Paramour Pink Face Kit th_dunno.gif

 

 

Here is a swatch...I really like it!

 

post #6388 of 7768

What is the ONE absolute MUST HAVE EDES?  I'm wanting to try one, but for the price I will only pay for one and I can't decide.

 

I also think I may have to BU GD.  I've worn it twice and I just love it but don't wanna run out of this one.

post #6389 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by badassSENORiTA View Post

!!! Ay dios mio you seriously made my day! yay now I don't have to go to pay crazy high price on ebay. It's my first blush ever and I fell in love with it
got so many compliments on it! plus I got 15% off coupon to use on this woohoo! thanks so much bella!

Lol aww glad I could help, I was so bummed nordies canceled my order w them then belk made my day having it in stock and I got my shipping notification already.
post #6390 of 7768

Oh, also.

 

I'm thinking of one of the crushed metal pigment kits.  Are they any good?  I'm leaning more towards the Brilliantly Cool one but dunno if it's worth it or if I should just save my money.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion