or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion - Page 235

post #7021 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirl View Post

I knew I forgot something! I woke up this morning and just so happened to look at my lipstick stash.. and couldn't find my OF!! I haven't even worn it yet ssad.gif. MUST TURN MY ROOM UPSIDE DOWN RIGHT NOW!!! bangin.gif
.


Oh no I hope u find it!!! W out having to turn ur room upside down lol I've done that sooo many times and I found it like in easy spots later on
post #7022 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist View Post

 

 

 

 

blonde.gif

 

Sorry ladies.  Clearly the exhaustion got to me.  I meant the 219.  Funnily enough, the 119 when I typed it didn't sound right but I was too tired to get off my ass and check wtf I was on about.  2hrs sleep doesn't do anyone any good.  My apologies.  :(

 

I am relieved to be done my paper though, thank you.  Best feeling ever handing it in.

I'm thinking of getting that one along with a few others this friday. My first MAC brush haul. I'm excited. But, someone please tell me they are way better than cheaper brushes to make me feel better lol. tong.gif

post #7023 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur359 View Post

I'm thinking of getting that one along with a few others this friday. My first MAC brush haul. I'm excited. But, someone please tell me they are way better than cheaper brushes to make me feel better lol. tong.gif

They are way better than any brush, I love my 217 my 219 my 224 my 286 I just love Mac brushes some brushes I have like 3 of each or smaller versions def invest in them you won't regret it
post #7024 of 7768
Im surprised that Nordstroms still shows whisper of gilt and superb in stock, I thought those would be long gone
post #7025 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist View Post

 

 

 

 

blonde.gif

 

Sorry ladies.  Clearly the exhaustion got to me.  I meant the 219.  Funnily enough, the 119 when I typed it didn't sound right but I was too tired to get off my ass and check wtf I was on about.  2hrs sleep doesn't do anyone any good.  My apologies.  :(

 

I am relieved to be done my paper though, thank you.  Best feeling ever handing it in.

219 is a great brush! i've been using it lately to apply my inner corner highlight, but i also often use it to smudge eye kohls 'neatly'...

post #7026 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwdsprincess View Post

Im surprised that Nordstroms still shows whisper of gilt and superb in stock, I thought those would be long gone

i was kind of surprised that pink cult is still on the mac site...it seems a lot of times when they rerelease hit products, they tend to overshoot their mark in terms of how much stock they produce....

post #7027 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

i was kind of surprised that pink cult is still on the mac site...it seems a lot of times when they rerelease hit products, they tend to overshoot their mark in terms of how much stock they produce....

Yea I was just on Mac and saw that, belk has famine edge still available and actually a lot of things minus lip products...
post #7028 of 7768

Hmmm, I can't seem to find Pink Cult. Did it sell out that quickly?

post #7029 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist View Post

 

 

 

 

blonde.gif

 

Sorry ladies.  Clearly the exhaustion got to me.  I meant the 219.  Funnily enough, the 119 when I typed it didn't sound right but I was too tired to get off my ass and check wtf I was on about.  2hrs sleep doesn't do anyone any good.  My apologies.  :(

 

I am relieved to be done my paper though, thank you.  Best feeling ever handing it in.

LOL.  When you mentioned the 119 brush several pages back, I noted that I was not familiar with that particular brush.  I later surmised that you must have been talking about the 219 pencil brush.    

girlhaha.gif

post #7030 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur359 View Post

I'm thinking of getting that one along with a few others this friday. My first MAC brush haul. I'm excited. But, someone please tell me they are way better than cheaper brushes to make me feel better lol. tong.gif


They are heaps better! I'm slowly building up my brush collection - it helps that I keep on buying every LE one that gets released!

I just picked up the 130 from the CCO at the weekend and I'm so excited to use it! It's so softtt th_e2cloud9.gif

post #7031 of 7768

My Glamourdaze haul arrived yesterday - they all look beautiful! Needless to say I had to try some out today. Hehe.

 

eyes - A Natural Flirt on the lid, Stolen Moment in the crease, Stylishly Merry along lower lash line. Plus a thin line of Midnight Snack along the upper lashline. Stolen Moment is DIVINE! A Natural Flirt reminds me of an old Chanel Irreele Ombre called Venus. I'd have liked it to be a tad more pigmented though. I had to use several swipes to reach a good intensity.

 

lips - Glamourdaze. This is so not a colour I'd normally wear. I'm either screaming brights or really pale, muted stuff. I like it a lot, but I need some time to get used to it. Application was great. On me it looks a lot different from Oh Oh Oh, unlike some of the swatches I saw.

 

cheeks - I gave Small Vanity a miss for today and opted for TheBalm's Cabana Boy instead. With a very light hand. That sucker's PIGMENTED! So pigmented that the only brush I dare to apply it with is the Nars 27 Yachiyo. A touch of Whisper of Gilt to highlight.

 

Better start thinking about tomorrow's menu! greengrin.gif

post #7032 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur359 View Post

I'm thinking of getting that one along with a few others this friday. My first MAC brush haul. I'm excited. But, someone please tell me they are way better than cheaper brushes to make me feel better lol. tong.gif

 

I have the 219 (can't use it till xmas), 239, 217, 275, 266 and 252 so far.  I love them.  I'm going to get the 224, 227, 214 & 215 next.  I WISH I hadn't missed the 226 but I know no one on here would be crazy enough to sell it and evilbay isn't getting my money so after that I'll probably start working on duplicating them, because I use the same ones all the time and then move onto face brushes.

 

I have Sigma brushes and as okay as they are - they don't at all compare to my MAC brushes.

post #7033 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

219 is a great brush! i've been using it lately to apply my inner corner highlight, but i also often use it to smudge eye kohls 'neatly'...

 

It appears to be!  I can't wait to use it on Christmas!  I think it'll be great for either the inner corner, smudging eyeliner or creating a cut crease.  My Sigma one is just pathetic in comparison to how the MAC one looks!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

LOL.  When you mentioned the 119 brush several pages back, I noted that I was not familiar with that particular brush.  I later surmised that you must have been talking about the 219 pencil brush.    

girlhaha.gif

 

Lol!  Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I read it back because everyone was like "ooh what's that one like?" - I knew I'd put the wrong one because there's no way I'd have a brush that the other ladies here on Specktra don't have!  girlhaha.gif

post #7034 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

My Glamourdaze haul arrived yesterday - they all look beautiful! Needless to say I had to try some out today. Hehe.

 

eyes - A Natural Flirt on the lid, Stolen Moment in the crease, Stylishly Merry along lower lash line. Plus a thin line of Midnight Snack along the upper lashline. Stolen Moment is DIVINE! A Natural Flirt reminds me of an old Chanel Irreele Ombre called Venus. I'd have liked it to be a tad more pigmented though. I had to use several swipes to reach a good intensity.

 

lips - Glamourdaze. This is so not a colour I'd normally wear. I'm either screaming brights or really pale, muted stuff. I like it a lot, but I need some time to get used to it. Application was great. On me it looks a lot different from Oh Oh Oh, unlike some of the swatches I saw.

 

cheeks - I gave Small Vanity a miss for today and opted for TheBalm's Cabana Boy instead. With a very light hand. That sucker's PIGMENTED! So pigmented that the only brush I dare to apply it with is the Nars 27 Yachiyo. A touch of Whisper of Gilt to highlight.

 

Better start thinking about tomorrow's menu! greengrin.gif

 

In my opinion, Glamourdaze and Oh Oh Oh aren't similar.  I haven't swatched them side by side but I know from application they're different colours.  I love Glamourdaze, you'll get used to it! :)

post #7035 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist View Post

 

In my opinion, Glamourdaze and Oh Oh Oh aren't similar.  I haven't swatched them side by side but I know from application they're different colours.  I love Glamourdaze, you'll get used to it! :)

 

I actually bought GD because I love OOO and I was hoping it would be similar. But now I'm glad it's not because I don't wear OOO at all often and it would be a waste to have a near dupe. Every cloud, silver lining etc. lol.

 

Glad you are so happy with GD :)

post #7036 of 7768

GD l/s is amazing! It is a color that I don't wear often. Same goes for DE! Amazing! Trying to get myself into dark lippies now.

post #7037 of 7768

DE is absolutely stunning....I got it yesterday and I am so in love with it eyelove.gif

 

 

GD however looks *strange* on me...I have to try it with different liners to make it wearable for me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21 View Post

GD l/s is amazing! It is a color that I don't wear often. Same goes for DE! Amazing! Trying to get myself into dark lippies now.

post #7038 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

DE is absolutely stunning....I got it yesterday and I am so in love with it eyelove.gif

 

 

GD however looks *strange* on me...I have to try it with different liners to make it wearable for me.

 

hehe. that's what i thought when i put it on this morning. strange in a grown up sort of way. it's growing on me though :)

 

any suggestions for a lipliner to go with GD btw? i used my trusted NYX Nude Beige today (because that's what i use when I can't think of anything else), but i'm going to try Just Wonderful the next time I wear it.

post #7039 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

hehe. that's what i thought when i put it on this morning. strange in a grown up sort of way. it's growing on me though :)

 

any suggestions for a lipliner to go with GD btw? i used my trusted NYX Nude Beige today (because that's what i use when I can't think of anything else), but i'm going to try Just Wonderful the next time I wear it.

I used Burgundy lip liner and Plum Fun lip glass, which made GD much nicer for me...and the hubster gave the old thumbs up.

post #7040 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist View Post

 

I have the 219 (can't use it till xmas), 239, 217, 275, 266 and 252 so far.  I love them.  I'm going to get the 224, 227, 214 & 215 next.  I WISH I hadn't missed the 226 but I know no one on here would be crazy enough to sell it and evilbay isn't getting my money so after that I'll probably start working on duplicating them, because I use the same ones all the time and then move onto face brushes.

 

I have Sigma brushes and as okay as they are - they don't at all compare to my MAC brushes.

How do you like the 275?  I was using it almost exclusively to apply shadow for brow highlighting until I saw a tutorial in which it was used to apply crease color.  I tried it and wow...so quick, so easy.  I now use one of my 275 SEs for this and I love it.  I still use my full sized 275 for the brow because it just fits my arch so nicely, but I'm totally into using it for the crease as well.

post #7041 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

I actually bought GD because I love OOO and I was hoping it would be similar. But now I'm glad it's not because I don't wear OOO at all often and it would be a waste to have a near dupe. Every cloud, silver lining etc. lol.

 

Glad you are so happy with GD :)

I thought the same thing too initially, but once I tried GD I realized that the formulas, lustre (OOO) & cremesheen (GD) were more similar than their color...just in the way that they apply, in terms of sheerness, IMHO.

post #7042 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist View Post

 

In my opinion, Glamourdaze and Oh Oh Oh aren't similar.  I haven't swatched them side by side but I know from application they're different colours.  I love Glamourdaze, you'll get used to it! :)

iagree.gif.  I pulled my Oh Oh Oh out and did a side/side.

post #7043 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21 View Post

GD l/s is amazing! It is a color that I don't wear often. Same goes for DE! Amazing! Trying to get myself into dark lippies now.

You can totally rock dark lippies and look 'GLAM' doing it!    pretty.gif

post #7044 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post


They are heaps better! I'm slowly building up my brush collection - it helps that I keep on buying every LE one that gets released!

I just picked up the 130 from the CCO at the weekend and I'm so excited to use it! It's so softtt th_e2cloud9.gif

Eager to hear how you like your new 130!  Will you be picking up the brushes from the Making Pretty collection?  They look very pretty.  I preordered them....couldn't resist.

 

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-making-pretty-collection-for-holiday-2012

post #7045 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Hmmm, I can't seem to find Pink Cult. Did it sell out that quickly?

It's showing as available at MAC online.

post #7046 of 7768

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

Eager to hear how you like your new 130!  Will you be picking up the brushes from the Making Pretty collection?  They look very pretty.  I preordered them....couldn't resist.

 

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-making-pretty-collection-for-holiday-2012


I will! It comes out in the Spring in the UK, so I have plenty of time to save up girlhaha.gif

post #7047 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

How do you like the 275?  I was using it almost exclusively to apply shadow for brow highlighting until I saw a tutorial in which it was used to apply crease color.  I tried it and wow...so quick, so easy.  I now use one of my 275 SEs for this and I love it.  I still use my full sized 275 for the brow because it just fits my arch so nicely, but I'm totally into using it for the crease as well.

 

I'll be honest I've only used it a couple times, but I've used it only for the crease thus far.  I actually hadn't thought of it for brow highlighting!  That's a pretty genius way to use it.  I mainly use the Sigma's version of the MAC 227 for my highlight as it really helps to buff away harsh edges for me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

iagree.gif.  I pulled my Oh Oh Oh out and did a side/side.

 

Glad you did, I was going to do it myself!  Oh Oh Oh is so gorgeous though, I need to wear it again - I've barely worn it due to not wanting to run out but need to get some use out of it!

post #7048 of 7768

phew! i'm so relieved that the Mineralise and Advanced brush sets are sold out online (Mac.nl, Douglas and de Bijenkorf). now i don't have to think about them!

 

i really loved the bag but 55 quid a pop was too steep for SE brushes.

 

i should stop checking the sites. if i see them back in stock i might not be able to resist.

post #7049 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

phew! i'm so relieved that the Mineralise and Advanced brush sets are sold out online (Mac.nl, Douglas and de Bijenkorf). now i don't have to think about them!

 

i really loved the bag but 55 quid a pop was too steep for SE brushes.

 

i should stop checking the sites. if i see them back in stock i might not be able to resist.

They are so cute & quite functional & great to use at any time  poke.gif.  I preordered the Mineralize set, resisted the Advanced set, but eventually I caved and got that too.  Zero willpower! 

post #7050 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:


I will! It comes out in the Spring in the UK, so I have plenty of time to save up girlhaha.gif

Yay! Woo hoo.  So glad you're getting it too. My partner in brush crime!    friends.gif

Is there anything else that you're eyeing from the collection?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion