or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion - Page 237

post #7081 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

thanks for the suggestions.

 

shame about Just Wonderful - fingers crossed it gets repromoted soon :)


I hope so!

post #7082 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


I hope so!

    we really need a collection like tour de fabulous. also with paint ponts. like a tour de fabulous or tres cheek but with

    tendertones

    lip liners

    paint pots 

post #7083 of 7768

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

    we really need a collection like tour de fabulous. also with paint ponts. like a tour de fabulous or tres cheek but with

    tendertones

    lip liners

    paint pots 

I need more paintpots in my life! We last got some new ones over a year ago :(

post #7084 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:

I need more paintpots in my life! We last got some new ones over a year ago :(

      ohboy.gif  shame on you mac. 

post #7085 of 7768

Although I hate returning stuff, my In The Limelight n/p has to go back.  I thought I could work around the streaky-ness but no such luck.  :(  I guess there could be a technique to getting a nice result from ITL but I can't figure it out.  Not going to waste my hard earned money on nailpolish that won't apply nicely when I can get OPI/Essie/Zoya for half the price of MAC and much better formula (currently eyeing Essie's "Where's My Chauffeur" for my minty green/aqua-ish craving, based on some swatches and reviews).  Oh well, I'll most probably exchange it for Smutty Green MES as I've had that on my wishlist since it came out.  Lesson learned.

post #7086 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeny View Post

Although I hate returning stuff, my In The Limelight n/p has to go back.  I thought I could work around the streaky-ness but no such luck.  :(  I guess there could be a technique to getting a nice result from ITL but I can't figure it out.  Not going to waste my hard earned money on nailpolish that won't apply nicely when I can get OPI/Essie/Zoya for half the price of MAC and much better formula (currently eyeing Essie's "Where's My Chauffeur" for my minty green/aqua-ish craving, based on some swatches and reviews).  Oh well, I'll most probably exchange it for Smutty Green MES as I've had that on my wishlist since it came out.  Lesson learned.

     did you get a bad brush??? i only had problems with everything that glitters. a perfect dupe for ITL is mac's  Mischievous Mint. essies mint candy apple is a tad lighter.  the essie where's my chauffer?  is like a cream version/dupe for turquoise and caicos, which to me acts like a jelly,  so you have to get it!! now!!! 

post #7087 of 7768

also try revlon minted!

post #7088 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

     did you get a bad brush??? i only had problems with everything that glitters. a perfect dupe for ITL is mac's  Mischievous Mint. essies mint candy apple is a tad lighter.  the essie where's my chauffer?  is like a cream version/dupe for turquoise and caicos, which to me acts like a jelly,  so you have to get it!! now!!! 

I'm not sure if it's the brush or just me.  I was swatching some OPI, Zoya and Illamsqua polishes on the weekend and didn't have problems with any of those compared to ITL.  Funnily enough Everything That Glitters applies better than ITL for me.  Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

also try revlon minted!

Definitely going to get "Where's My Chauffeur", though I always feel a bit embarrassed going back to the same Trade Secrets to get more nailpolish (I guess I could throw in some hair stuff LOL) as I bought Zoya's "Storm" & "Aurora" and Essie's "Snap Happy" & "Butler Please" today.  I'll keep an eye out for that Revlon shade, thanks for the recommendation.  :)
 

post #7089 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 yep, i meant the green set. 

 

here's the deal - i'll hit you on the head only if you get it at the regular price. CCOs don't count :)

LOL  lmao.gif

post #7090 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismet44 View Post

 

I hear what you are saying, but in your photos you don't come off "bony" or anything, just a beautiful, bone-structured palette ready for angular drama! Lots of makeup fun that way!!

iagree.gif

post #7091 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeny View Post

I'm not sure if it's the brush or just me.  I was swatching some OPI, Zoya and Illamsqua polishes on the weekend and didn't have problems with any of those compared to ITL.  Funnily enough Everything That Glitters applies better than ITL for me.  Weird.

Definitely going to get "Where's My Chauffeur", though I always feel a bit embarrassed going back to the same Trade Secrets to get more nailpolish (I guess I could throw in some hair stuff LOL) as I bought Zoya's "Storm" & "Aurora" and Essie's "Snap Happy" & "Butler Please" today.  I'll keep an eye out for that Revlon shade, thanks for the recommendation.  :)
 

     the problem i have with ETG is that it peels off.  no one should feel embarrassed because of nail polish addiction . check out the nail polish thread,, we cant stop talking about new collections, hauls and the polishes we love.

post #7092 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwdsprincess View Post


Sorry I hope I didn't get ur hopes up, aradhana I believe is from Canada and my stupid iPad when I go to Mac goes to Canada... I swear I have to fix it every time

I always order that way.  The Canadian site appears on my MAC Book Pro but the US site appears on my iPad.  When I order from the laptop the US prices appear once I put my zip code in.

post #7093 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

     the problem i have with ETG is that it peels off.  no one should feel embarrassed because of nail polish addiction . check out the nail polish thread,, we cant stop talking about new collections, hauls and the polishes we love.

I'm very hard on my nails (mainly handwashing dishes in hot water without wearing rubber gloves, a big no-no but I break less dishes this way LOL) so a lot of polishes peel off after a few days for me (I found Illamasqua to last the longest).  I don't mind too much because I have a good excuse to change to a new colour.  LOL  I only feel embarrassed when the cashier recognizes me and says "Oh, you're back again!", thankfully never in a mean way but it's still makes me think that I visit and buy stuff too often.

 

My stash has gotten out of hand (no pun intended), I'm thinking of starting a nailpolish exchange program with my friends or maybe do more "girlie" nights with manicures.  If I step into the polish thread I run the risk of overrunning the condo with too many bottles.  Who am I kidding, I'll probably end up in that thread drooling over colours I don't have.  LOL

post #7094 of 7768

TT were you able to get a hold of pink cult? i can cp if it's not available in the us, just let me know. 

post #7095 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

I bought the Nars Yachiyo brush just so I could wear Cabana Boy lol.gif

 

How do you like it? I've been jones-ing for it for a very long time... I have no idea how well it works, i just love how it looks, but if it's really a useful brush, so much better.

post #7096 of 7768

I got Ready to Party at Belk last night. I believe it was the last one there. It's going to be my first ever EDES! dance.gifI'm so excited! They sent me the shipping confirmation at 3:28 AM PST. thud.gifHard to believe I waited this long to pick it up. LOL Hope I'll love it! Thanks everyone for the recommendations! cheerleader.gif

 

 

Seriously, Belk mentioned there were only two Ready to Party left. That made me click the submit order button! I had no will power. I had to laugh at myself. th_roll1.gif

post #7097 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

TT were you able to get a hold of pink cult? i can cp if it's not available in the us, just let me know. 

I was only interested because I couldn't have it. Teehee. Is it kind of close to The Perfect Cheek or Small Vanity? I know those aren't dupes, but those are two lighter blushes that I've purchased recently and I haven't even cracked open TPC. I don't know if I want to get something along the same lines right now. Thanks so much for the offer, aradhana. I used Medgals trick to add the blush to my cart. I'll sleep on it and try to make a decision tomorrow. If I need it and can't checkout I'll let you know.

post #7098 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

 

How do you like it? I've been jones-ing for it for a very long time... I have no idea how well it works, i just love how it looks, but if it's really a useful brush, so much better.

 I actually wanted Trish McEvoy's Sheer Blush Brush for my pigmented blushes, but I couldn't get hold of it (I still want it though!). So Yachiyo had to be mine!

 

I like it a lot. I was very surprised at how small and light it was. The thin handle felt strange too because I'd never used brush like that before. No problems in actual use though - no different than a regular brush.

 

I wouldn't say the bristles are too soft, but it doesn't feel at all scratchy on the face probably because the bristles are not very densely packed and also because of the pointy shape. It's the only brush I use for my pigmented blushes now because it's very difficult to overapply them with the Yachiyo. I'm a bit of a klutz in the blush department lol. I still use my Illamasqua brush for the lighter and less pigmented stuff. 

 

It's meant to be great for contouring too but I haven't used it for that purpose yet (I normally use the 138).

 

It's quite an expensive product but if you have a lot of dark and/or highly pigmented blushes.it's a good investment.

post #7099 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 I actually wanted Trish McEvoy's Sheer Blush Brush for my pigmented blushes, but I couldn't get hold of it (I still want it though!). So Yachiyo had to be mine!

The Trish McEvoy brush has actually been on my wish list for quite some time, but I haven't been able to convince myself that I NEED it. Is it not available there anymore?

post #7100 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

DE is absolutely stunning....I got it yesterday and I am so in love with it eyelove.gif

 

 

GD however looks *strange* on me...I have to try it with different liners to make it wearable for me.

 

 Do you have Auburn l/l? That would make GD wearable for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

You can totally rock dark lippies and look 'GLAM' doing it!    pretty.gif

 Aw! Thanks so much! Will think of a look to wear DE l/s!

post #7101 of 7768

EDES are awesome! I omg.gif

I think they look lovely when applied to wet brush 217.

Cool Combo: ANF & SM and RTP & RM
 

 

My make up today:
eye - Stolen Moment & A Natural Flirt, liner - Local Wares. Lip -  Double Shoot + Twirsl  and it worked out great

post #7102 of 7768

Yes,I do!

And I will try this one too.

 

Thank you very much GlamQueen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21 View Post

 Do you have Auburn l/l? That would make GD wearable for you.

 Aw! Thanks so much! Will think of a look to wear DE l/s!

post #7103 of 7768

I have come to the conclusion that I hateeeeee Dramatic Encounter. ugh.

post #7104 of 7768

Pink cult was restocked?

I just realized that I didn't get one of my fluidlines from my pre-order. I hope it isn't too late to call.  How long has this been out? LOL  I've had soo much going on, I'm finally starting to play with everything. I don't care about the product, they can just refund me the money.

post #7105 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoJaded View Post

The Trish McEvoy brush has actually been on my wish list for quite some time, but I haven't been able to convince myself that I NEED it. Is it not available there anymore?

I live in the Netherlands and the places that shipped here charged silly fees for doing so. I'm determined to get hold of it though :)

post #7106 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

I live in the Netherlands and the places that shipped here charged silly fees for doing so. I'm determined to get hold of it though :)

Bummer! Well, if you decide that you still want this brush in the future and think that it might be more cost effective to get a CP from the states, PM me! 

post #7107 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

I got my gift wrap today! I didn't know when to expect it because I didn't receive any tracking information. It was a nice surprise. It's one of the satin peach and black stripe gift bags. It's so cute. I like that I can reuse it to store things. I want more of them. Come on restock!

Did they only send you one bag, and was it a small one?  Apparently they have large and small ones.

post #7108 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


I need to add the 275 to my growing want list. I got the 179 through a CP with OhSoJaded. How do you say you use it again?

I use my 275 SE for applying e/s to my crease, my full sized 275 to apply e/s to my brow because the angular shape fits nicely into my eyebrow arch.

I use the 179 to buff & blend blush/contour/sculpting powder.  The shape of the 179 also helps that process.

post #7109 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeny View Post

I'm very hard on my nails (mainly handwashing dishes in hot water without wearing rubber gloves, a big no-no but I break less dishes this way LOL) so a lot of polishes peel off after a few days for me (I found Illamasqua to last the longest).  I don't mind too much because I have a good excuse to change to a new colour.  LOL  I only feel embarrassed when the cashier recognizes me and says "Oh, you're back again!", thankfully never in a mean way but it's still makes me think that I visit and buy stuff too often.

 

My stash has gotten out of hand (no pun intended), I'm thinking of starting a nailpolish exchange program with my friends or maybe do more "girlie" nights with manicures.  If I step into the polish thread I run the risk of overrunning the condo with too many bottles.  Who am I kidding, I'll probably end up in that thread drooling over colours I don't have.  LOL

Don't know how you could part with any...says one addict to another!    girlhaha.gif

post #7110 of 7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist View Post

What's the pink brush set like?

 

It's tempting me, albeit my hating it being pink and hating the bag it comes with.  Is it the SE or SH?  I've heard SE brushes suck but SH are good.  It'd be nice to have an extra 239 etc though.

I have not yet washed, conditioned or used the pink set, but I suspect they will serve their purpose well, as have the other numerous SE brushes that I've amassed.  That said, the SE brushes don't hold a candle to the SH brushes in terms of quality, but they get the job done.  In terms of the color...I wasn't thrilled with pink but I plan to use this set exclusively for travel. 

If quality, color and the case are issues for you, you might be better off just getting an extra full sized 239.  A girl can never have too many brushes----cough addict cough---- can she?

girlhaha.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion