or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 9

post #241 of 426
I love this packaging so much :-)
post #242 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughtyp View Post

is this at Mac stores only?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

Somehow I'm hoping for an early release of this collection.

I pre-ordered via Nordstrom several week ago but they called to tell me that they won't be carrying it.  I subsequently ordered via my local MAC store and was told recently that it will be in December 6.  I know they will call me so I'll keep you posted.  It's way too pretty for me to resist!

girlhaha.gif

post #243 of 426
it's at my pro store now. I splurged on 3N since I skipped Taste and Strength
post #244 of 426

How exciting. I'm thinking about getting the brushes, but it seems like a lot to spend on brushes right now since they're not two I need. (Moreso usuable collectables.) I hope they stick around for a bit so I have time to think about it. I'd love to get them in January as opposed to December.

post #245 of 426
Can we see? :-)
post #246 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by pemily View Post

I love this packaging so much :-)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

How exciting. I'm thinking about getting the brushes, but it seems like a lot to spend on brushes right now since they're not two I need. (Moreso usuable collectables.) I hope they stick around for a bit so I have time to think about it. I'd love to get them in January as opposed to December.


I am thinking it will hit the CCO in about 9 months and it will be the perfect time to splurge on it.

post #247 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

 


I am thinking it will hit the CCO in about 9 months and it will be the perfect time to splurge on it.


I think I'm going with the CCO plan for the brushes. I can't pass up on 3N though.

post #248 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

I am thinking it will hit the CCO in about 9 months and it will be the perfect time to splurge on it.

That's good advice. Thank you for temporarily saving me $100.

post #249 of 426

My MA told me today they were quite disappointed in the packaging for this collection. Specifically the silver dust powder, the container is cardboard. She feels like the brushes are the best buy.

post #250 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyseD View Post

My MA told me today they were quite disappointed in the packaging for this collection. Specifically the silver dust powder, the container is cardboard. She feels like the brushes are the best buy.

 

cardboard?! That's fine, I guess. It gives me another reason to pass it up. =)

post #251 of 426
No way, cardboard really?
post #252 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by pemily View Post

No way, cardboard really?


She said it was very similar to the boxes the holiday pigments are in.

post #253 of 426

This is somewhat disappointing ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyseD View Post

My MA told me today they were quite disappointed in the packaging for this collection. Specifically the silver dust powder, the container is cardboard. She feels like the brushes are the best buy.

post #254 of 426
Just getting 3n then thanks for the heads up xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyseD View Post


She said it was very similar to the boxes the holiday pigments are in.
post #255 of 426

Looks like it's 3N and the brushes for me!

post #256 of 426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Looks like it's 3N and the brushes for me!

 

Are you skipping the Mystery Powder?

post #257 of 426

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

Are you skipping the Mystery Powder?


I'm not sure - I absolutely adore the packaging, but it depends on the price! Although I'm not planning on buying anything from the December and January collections so maybe I could treat myself....

How do you like the mystery powders normally?

post #258 of 426

I really like them as a finishing powder (over a BB cream for example), but while they're nice, they're not truly exceptional IMHO. I'd go for it only if you love the compact. I got mine from MW I and still love it.

post #259 of 426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:


I'm not sure - I absolutely adore the packaging, but it depends on the price! Although I'm not planning on buying anything from the December and January collections so maybe I could treat myself....

How do you like the mystery powders normally?

 

If you are pale and cool-toned, it is eyelove.gif

post #260 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Looks like it's 3N and the brushes for me!

Ditto. That's what I preordered, however I love the way the compact looks. I will need to see the Mystery powders in person.
post #261 of 426

I am so excited for the brush set pompom.gif

 

 

The brushes and the case look sooooo pretty eyelove.gif

 

 

And I do not own the 282 yet and can not wait to test it!

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Looks like it's 3N and the brushes for me!

post #262 of 426

I think I'm skipping. As pretty as everything looks. I'd like to get 3N, but I don't think I want to spend that much on it. I'm also wondering how many grams they contain, if it's more than the regular l/s. If it's more I might change my mind.

The brushes are not really tempting, if I was going to spend that much on brushes at once, I'd rather get a Suqqu, Tom Ford or Hakuhodo one. 

post #263 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post

I think I'm skipping. As pretty as everything looks. I'd like to get 3N, but I don't think I want to spend that much on it. I'm also wondering how many grams they contain, if it's more than the regular l/s. If it's more I might change my mind.
The brushes are not really tempting, if I was going to spend that much on brushes at once, I'd rather get a Suqqu, Tom Ford or Hakuhodo one. 

Never crossed my mind to wonder if they were bigger?

I got haku brushes and they are amazing just make sure you clean with alcohol!!! Not brush off with your hand as they say!
I got moths
Spent 6 hours cleaning yesterday
post #264 of 426

Making Pretty is showing up on the MAC site!  But it says "COMING SOON"...I know in the past this has taken anywhere from hours to days to come in!  But looking at the description, it looks like they are the same size as a traditional MAC lipstick :( 3g

post #265 of 426
This collection is now showing up on the mac website, states "coming soon"
post #266 of 426
I so want 3N I'm going to go see if I can preorder at the pro store tommorow
post #267 of 426

3n looks so pretty.

post #268 of 426

they're listed as coming soon on the site, maybe they'll be up by tomorrow?

post #269 of 426

anyone who owns runaway red & Charmed I'm sure (from the M.M collection), is it worth having both? I have C.I.S + a back up, so idk if I should get runaway red?

post #270 of 426

I wonder if RR will look more like the original this time around.  Kinda doubt it but if it does I might have to get it.  I was thinking about 3N but for the price I think I'd rather get a high end nude lippie and my list of things I want to try is a mile long. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)