or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 11

post #301 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

3N and Runaway Red on temptalia.com:

 

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-3n-runaway-red-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-making-pretty

Thanks for the link flower.gif

 

Runaway Red looks more like the Shop/Cook version, which I already have. Had it been closer to the original I might have considered it.

 

re: 3N - I honestly can't see what the fuss is about. It doesn't strike me as anything special. Or maybe it's one of those lippies one has to see in person to appreciate 001_unsure.gif

 

 

 

Yay! I'm chuffed to bits that I'm skipping a MAC collection! bigstar.gif

post #302 of 426
I was expecting more pigmentation from 3n....
Gee I'm really the glass is half full today lolq
post #303 of 426
post #304 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz View Post

I've always thought the balls packaging was cardboard?

EDIT... OK I checked & they stopped using cardboard in summer 2010 & switched to tin packaging since then

I have some ballz in cardboard and I love them.  But I wish I would have waited for the tin container...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRESIDENTslim View Post

I'm returning my powder. I'm very disappointed. It's 100% cardboard.

In the immortal words of Bathgate, "Nah, f**kt that"

post #305 of 426

I didn't realize T has reviews on the products. Thanks for the links.

So the lipsticks do contain more product then the regular ones? th_confused_new.gif Can someone who bought one confirm?

post #306 of 426

Do her readers lack reading comprehension skills? She explained the value of the brushes alone to be minimally $92 w/o considering inflation, specialty packaging, nor the case yet a quarter of the comments are balking at the $100 price tag. 

bangdesk.gif I wouldn't have the patience to run a blog of that magnitude.

post #307 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Do her readers lack reading comprehension skills? She explained the value of the brushes alone to be minimally $92 w/o considering inflation, specialty packaging, nor the case yet a quarter of the comments are balking at the $100 price tag. 

bangdesk.gif I wouldn't have the patience to run a blog of that magnitude.

       just realized that?? i usually go directly to the comments to have a laugh. they are all extremely negative, and hate mac. 

post #308 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

       just realized that?? i usually go directly to the comments to have a laugh. they are all extremely negative, and hate mac. 


It makes me glad that I belong to the community here where everyone is so understanding and nice :)

post #309 of 426
Guess the only thing I might walk away with from this collection is the mystery powder. That's a big 'if' at this point.
post #310 of 426

im thinking about the brushes, they are a good deal. but then the cheap me tells me i can get more from strength or apres chic. oh and all my brushes wont be the same. im building my mac and nars collection in slow motion. 

post #311 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post


It makes me glad that I belong to the community here where everyone is so understanding and nice :)

      i agree one should respect what others like and never call the products trash, garbage or in any other bad language. 

post #312 of 426
I'm definitely getting the brush set. It's perty and I've been meaning to get a powder brush for a while :-D
post #313 of 426

I want those brushes too

post #314 of 426

T's cost analysis is actually making me want to get the brushes now since it's essentially just regular price, but the good girl in me is saying wait until CCO since I actually just want the 136. Although another person says that will be in about 9 months. Do you realize that is in August/September???

post #315 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

I want those brushes too

me too

post #316 of 426

Went to the pro store today and they said NOPE to any pre-orders for this collection. Oh well!! guess i wasnt meant to have 3N....but i think it might be too light anyways. Maybe i will get pure zen instead since T said it was a lil darker and pinker . and half the price!! lol

we will see if i show up early next week to try n get it tho! lol

post #317 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughtyp View Post

Went to the pro store today and they said NOPE to any pre-orders for this collection. Oh well!! guess i wasnt meant to have 3N....but i think it might be too light anyways. Maybe i will get pure zen instead since T said it was a lil darker and pinker . and half the price!! lol

we will see if i show up early next week to try n get it tho! lol

Same here, Pure Zen seems more wearable to me. I don't understand the buzz around 3N, I don't think it does anything for T's lips

post #318 of 426

Love the rose gold ferrule but not the faux leather.   I could see me getting over that and snapping the brush set up at the CCO discount price, however.

post #319 of 426

Do any one have video of these items ?

post #320 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

Thanks for the link flower.gif

 

Runaway Red looks more like the Shop/Cook version, which I already have. Had it been closer to the original I might have considered it.

 

re: 3N - I honestly can't see what the fuss is about. It doesn't strike me as anything special. Or maybe it's one of those lippies one has to see in person to appreciate 001_unsure.gif

 

 

 

Yay! I'm chuffed to bits that I'm skipping a MAC collection! bigstar.gif


Which collection was the origional Runway Red?

I got my during MAc Me Over collection....

post #321 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverJenn View Post

Same here, Pure Zen seems more wearable to me. I don't understand the buzz around 3N, I don't think it does anything for T's lips

ya i guess i bought into the hype lol i still might go check in person, but i probably wont get it....(3N)  and maybe one day ill get pure zen when im not buying all these LE products!

post #322 of 426

Wow....the brush set is sold out now!

post #323 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughtyp View Post


Which collection was the origional Runway Red?

I got my during MAc Me Over collection....

It was first released in Mac Me Over, IIRC.

 

You're so lucky to have the MMO version! I love the SC version too but the MMO one had that extra ooomph.

post #324 of 426
oh ok cool winks.gif lol it really is a beautiful red and I love the texture of it as well.. it's weird how they change colors like that!
post #325 of 426
Hey guys don't know if this was posted already but, making pretty is available on Nordstrom site now
post #326 of 426
wtf really?!
aww damn no 3N
my girl at Nordstroms said they weren't getting this
post #327 of 426

Both lippies are sold out now.And also the medium plus Sheer Mystery Powder (+ the brush set).

 

I did not expect a Mystery Powder to sell out that fast (it is already sold out for a few days)!

post #328 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

Both lippies are sold out now.And also the medium plus Sheer Mystery Powder (+ the brush set).

 

I did not expect a Mystery Powder to sell out that fast (it is already sold out for a few days)!


Its a marketing gimmick to drive up the demand, methinks...

post #329 of 426

my location got very limited quantities of this. 9 3n 1 will be made a tester 6 runaway red 1 will be made a tester 3 brush sets 1 will be a tester 15 silver dusk and 3 of each mystery powder. and im very happy about this because the pricing on the couture collections tend to scare customers so now its easier for the artist to get rid of the products 

post #330 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


Its a marketing gimmick to drive up the demand, methinks...

 

Even though I know that this is a marketing gimmick, I still fall for it. th_wallbash.gif

When MAC had the brush set on their website, I didn't buy it because the case and brush handle looked cheap in bloggers' pictures.

Then, I found out that the brush set was sold out and I went frantic and kept stalking the site to see if they would restock.

When Nordstrom posted the collection on their website, I immediately placed an order for the brush set, but then they cancelled my order and said the brush set was unavailable, which is weird because they still allow you to add the brush set in your cart and checkout.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)