or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012) - Page 7

post #181 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


I was thinking of layering Summer Shower over Jet.  I know, I am weird.

 

Sounds brilliant. 

post #182 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

      i dont have SS. 001_unsure.gif but i do have apocalips and i love it. i like it with their violate gloss on top. i also got serpentina from lime crime and its quite pretty. im into weird colors right now  supacool.gif

sounds beautiful!

post #183 of 580

That is a great idea....I have to try this combo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


You are making me wish I had a BU of SS.  And, I was just thinking, what if I got the Apocalips lippy (from Illmasqua?) and layered SS over that?  Anyhoo, all this talk of Glaze lipsticks and grey lips just inspired me to get UD Oilslick lippy and it was ON SALE at ACW.   So now I don't have to fret if I miss this release (although I probably will plot to get Jet also)

post #184 of 580

so the lippie is the only thing in this collection, right??

post #185 of 580

What is ACW?

post #186 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

What is ACW?

i think it might be all cosmetics wholesale? though not sure.

post #187 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

What is ACW?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

i think it might be all cosmetics wholesale? though not sure.


That's what it is.

post #188 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

so the lippie is the only thing in this collection, right??


I think so. Just like Black Knight was the only thing offered last year.

post #189 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


I think so. Just like Black Knight was the only thing offered last year.

Nope, there's Jet lipstick and a matching Jet nail polish!!!!

post #190 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Nope, there's Jet lipstick and a matching Jet nail polish!!!!


Oh, didn't know there's a polish too! That's neat. I'm only getting the lipstick.

post #191 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


Oh, didn't know there's a polish too! That's neat. I'm only getting the lipstick.

As much as I hate buying from Mac online, I am definitely getting both - I love the matching lipstick and nails look

post #192 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

As much as I hate buying from Mac online, I am definitely getting both - I love the matching lipstick and nails look


I've gotten into the matching lips and nails look, too. But I don't care for the formula of all the MAC polishes I've swatched so far. I hope to find a similar color in another brand.

 

By the way, liba, are you feeling better?

post #193 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


I've gotten into the matching lips and nails look, too. But I don't care for the formula of all the MAC polishes I've swatched so far. I hope to find a similar color in another brand.

 

By the way, liba, are you feeling better?

Thanks for asking, CC. Every day is different - the health stuff is definitely a lot better, the rest is pretty up and down, which I guess is to be expected. There's still makeup, at least!

post #194 of 580

i didn't realize there was a polish too...

i will probably give it a miss....too many thing to want...

though on the topic of formula - i usually find a nice shiny clear coat over my mac polishes does the trick!

post #195 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Thanks for asking, CC. Every day is different - the health stuff is definitely a lot better, the rest is pretty up and down, which I guess is to be expected. There's still makeup, at least!


Glad your health is getting better. That's really good to hear. Makeup is always a great distraction for everything else.

post #196 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Nope, there's Jet lipstick and a matching Jet nail polish!!!!

 

So now they appear to be called "Grey Friday". Description sounds similar, but I guess that means that all bets are off in terms of how close it is to the original Jet.

 

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-grey-friday-for-black-friday

post #197 of 580

I will only get the lipstick in this collection.

post #198 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21 View Post

I will only get the lipstick in this collection.


I love the color, but the MAC nail polish is so sketchy, it has to be unique for me to put up with the crummy formula.

post #199 of 580

boooooh mac i wanted jet.... but mac_addict.gif soo im getting the grey friday anyways girlhaha.gif

post #200 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


I love the color, but the MAC nail polish is so sketchy, it has to be unique for me to put up with the crummy formula.

 Yes! I don't buy MAC nail polishes because of the price. The only way that I can get myself to do that is it has to be a unique shade.

post #201 of 580

the nail polish looks so pretty but i can never justify the price of mac polishes so i don't even own one, opi is expensive to me but i get those, I'm still up in the air about the lipstick only because i'm like when will i wear this, but the fact that it's a one day sale makes me want it lol

post #202 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwdsprincess View Post

the nail polish looks so pretty but i can never justify the price of mac polishes so i don't even own one, opi is expensive to me but i get those, I'm still up in the air about the lipstick only because i'm like when will i wear this, but the fact that it's a one day sale makes me want it lol

     before i was a mac addict opi was really expensive to me...... 

post #203 of 580
now I want the np when I wasn't planning on getting either!! damn. MAC
post #204 of 580

Grey Friday doesn't sound anywhere near as cool as a lipstick called Jet |:

 

The name aside, I hope it's still the same shade and opacity level because that swatch got me ridiculously excited for this!

post #205 of 580

I also liked it better when it was called Jet, but the colour is still very unique and interesting.

post #206 of 580

iagree.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderPearl View Post

Grey Friday doesn't sound anywhere near as cool as a lipstick called Jet |:

 

The name aside, I hope it's still the same shade and opacity level because that swatch got me ridiculously excited for this!

 

Same here. I had my heart set on Jet, but Grey Friday will do for me anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21 View Post

I will only get the lipstick in this collection.

post #207 of 580

I'm still getting the lipstick.

post #208 of 580

I wonder if the Grey Friday polish is somehow close to Studded th_dunno.gif

 

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-riveting-collection-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches

post #209 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

I wonder if the Grey Friday polish is somehow close to Studded th_dunno.gif

 

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-riveting-collection-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches


I think like that but with glitter

post #210 of 580

Would love the nail polish but I don't trust mac's, so just lipstick for me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)