or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012) - Page 19

post #541 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisforluvrs View Post


Say what? I open the box at least by the end of the day just to make sure my order is right, and if it's new stuff, to try on everything immediately like a kid in their mom's makeup!

I open them to check and make sure everything is in there then half the time the go in my closet and remain in the box until I can get around to finally using them.  I feel like if I try them on, I will have too many used lipsticks at one particular time.  I am really trying to use up the ones I have open already before opening more.  I have Heroine BNIB that I have been wanting to use, but I just can't bring myself to opening it with so many already open.

post #542 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupgrrl View Post

I open them to check and make sure everything is in there then half the time the go in my closet and remain in the box until I can get around to finally using them.  I feel like if I try them on, I will have too many used lipsticks at one particular time.  I am really trying to use up the ones I have open already before opening more.  I have Heroine BNIB that I have been wanting to use, but I just can't bring myself to opening it with so many already open.


All of my lipsticks are open and in use (except for BUs of course). I want to use them and enjoy them while I have them.

post #543 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


The lipstick or the polish?

lipstick. my little stubs don't need no polish girlhaha.gif

post #544 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


All of my lipsticks are open and in use (except for BUs of course). I want to use them and enjoy them while I have them.

 

I might have to open a few more, because I will be really mad if they go bad before I get around to using them

post #545 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMQE716 View Post

lipstick. my little stubs don't need no polish girlhaha.gif

Want it?
post #546 of 580
I have an extra Grey Friday if anyone is still looking. I got it for one of my SAs but she ended up getting one from someone else.
post #547 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


Want it?

well of course i do lol

post #548 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMQE716 View Post

well of course i do lol

Okie!
post #549 of 580

Actually, since I've seen some folks have items missing lately I have been making sure to open the box to verify the order within a week. But since CC got an empty box I may need to inspect each and every item and probably do it on day 1 or 2.

post #550 of 580

Cracked open my Grey Friday! Thanks kimibos! bouquet.gif

 

I wore it with NYX 1000 Years liner. It's a medium-dark neutral on me, nothing weird or edgy about it. I got it primarily for the novelty value so I never though I'd say this but I think I'll get a lot of wear from this lippie! I love it! heart.gif

 

I would describe it a darker (and possibly cooler) cousin of Riveting, which is one of my absolute favourites.

post #551 of 580

Wore UD Oil Slick (my cheap version of GF that I got because I was impatient to track one down) over Seasoned Plum today and I wanted to marry myself.

 

IF you have GF (or UD Oil Slick) try it layered over Seasoned Plum.  Wowza.  

 

My GF lippy that I hunted high and low to find is of course waiting to be tried on (but at least it isn;t in the box anymore).  I need a good night out or fun activity to inspire me to wear it (it would be a little too edgy for my workplace)

post #552 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Wore UD Oil Slick (my cheap version of GF that I got because I was impatient to track one down) over Seasoned Plum today and I wanted to marry myself.

 

IF you have GF (or UD Oil Slick) try it layered over Seasoned Plum.  Wowza.  

 

My GF lippy that I hunted high and low to find is of course waiting to be tried on (but at least it isn;t in the box anymore).  I need a good night out or fun activity to inspire me to wear it (it would be a little too edgy for my workplace)

I'm definitely giving it a shot! Perhaps lippies such as Heroine, Quick Sizzle and Deeply Adored would also work.

 

I had to reapply GF several times during the course of the day and I found that the number of layers make a massive difference (I'm quite new to Frosts). I wore a single layer in the morning, but the last time I reapplied I used three swipes. Whoa! Gunmetal! I like the effect, but I'll probably stick to one layer.

post #553 of 580

eyelove.gif....that sounds gorgeous!

I have to try this combo....and I have to try other purple lippies too!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Wore UD Oil Slick (my cheap version of GF that I got because I was impatient to track one down) over Seasoned Plum today and I wanted to marry myself.

 

IF you have GF (or UD Oil Slick) try it layered over Seasoned Plum.  Wowza.  

 

My GF lippy that I hunted high and low to find is of course waiting to be tried on (but at least it isn;t in the box anymore).  I need a good night out or fun activity to inspire me to wear it (it would be a little too edgy for my workplace)

post #554 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

I'm definitely giving it a shot! Perhaps lippies such as Heroine, Quick Sizzle and Deeply Adored would also work.

 

I had to reapply GF several times during the course of the day and I found that the number of layers make a massive difference (I'm quite new to Frosts). I wore a single layer in the morning, but the last time I reapplied I used three swipes. Whoa! Gunmetal! I like the effect, but I'll probably stick to one layer.

I think it would be fun to layer it over a black liner (or really dark brown) and try and cancel out the rosy tint of my lips.  Wonder if anyone tried it over erase paste or a nude lippy like Fleshpot--I may try this as well.  I am really curious to try it over a bright lippy like Quick Sizzle--that would be interesting too.  Sounds like I will have some experimenting to do tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

eyelove.gif....that sounds gorgeous!

I have to try this combo....and I have to try other purple lippies too!

 

Let me know if you find any other interesting combos.  I am wondering about layering over a red to get a blackened red...

post #555 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Wore UD Oil Slick (my cheap version of GF that I got because I was impatient to track one down) over Seasoned Plum today and I wanted to marry myself.

 

IF you have GF (or UD Oil Slick) try it layered over Seasoned Plum.  Wowza.  

 

My GF lippy that I hunted high and low to find is of course waiting to be tried on (but at least it isn;t in the box anymore).  I need a good night out or fun activity to inspire me to wear it (it would be a little too edgy for my workplace)

 

I have both (GF & SP), so I'll definitely try this!

post #556 of 580

I tried Potent Fig + GF and love this combo too....a pretty blackened purple eyelove.gif

 

Now I have to try GF with reds!

I am always looking for blackened reds and you are so right....GF might be perfect to turn "normal" (deeper) reds

into blackened reds pompom.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

I think it would be fun to layer it over a black liner (or really dark brown) and try and cancel out the rosy tint of my lips.  Wonder if anyone tried it over erase paste or a nude lippy like Fleshpot--I may try this as well.  I am really curious to try it over a bright lippy like Quick Sizzle--that would be interesting too.  Sounds like I will have some experimenting to do tonight

Let me know if you find any other interesting combos.  I am wondering about layering over a red to get a blackened red...

post #557 of 580

Yeah when GF came out I was expecting to see pics of people wearing it over their other lippies, but I only recall maybe one person posting and I think it was a swatch. I'd love to see how people are using GF for a more everyday look. (I'm assuming most don't wear grey/black lipstick to work.)

post #558 of 580
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Yeah when GF came out I was expecting to see pics of people wearing it over their other lippies, but I only recall maybe one person posting and I think it was a swatch. I'd love to see how people are using GF for a more everyday look. (I'm assuming most don't wear grey/black lipstick to work.)

 

It's probably more a collector's item, that's why we have seen less swatches or lip swatches.

post #559 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Yeah when GF came out I was expecting to see pics of people wearing it over their other lippies, but I only recall maybe one person posting and I think it was a swatch. I'd love to see how people are using GF for a more everyday look. (I'm assuming most don't wear grey/black lipstick to work.)

I do. Not when we have staff meetings or when I'm lecturing though. My students probably think I'm nuts, but that's good because it keeps them on their toes devil.gif

 

GF didn't look like a metallic grey on me when I applied just one layer over P&P lip. It looked more like a cool taupe with a bit of a sheen. It's possible the liner I paired it with added a bit of warmth to it (NYX 1000 Years). It was basically a darker Riveting.

 

I kept the eyes very simple, with Inglot DS 501 on the eyelids and a bit of UD Heist on the crease, just to add some depth. Plus the compulsory thin line of black eyeliner, no flick. I think GF will handle some colour on the eyes but I didn't want to push my luck as it was my first time wearing it.

 

Cheeks were Pink Cult. I've used it several times each week since the wonderful Gracie CPd it for me. It's been my no-brainer blush when I wear statement eyes or lips in cool tones. Love it!

post #560 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

It's probably more a collector's item, that's why we have seen less swatches or lip swatches.

Too bad. I was looking forward to the artistry.

post #561 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

It's probably more a collector's item, that's why we have seen less swatches or lip swatches.

i think you are right...and also there was a bit of a deluge of awesome lipsticks released right around /just after when this came out....i felt like it got kinda eclipsed by the taste temptation thanksgiving hoo-ha and what not...

post #562 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

i think you are right...and also there was a bit of a deluge of awesome lipsticks released right around /just after when this came out....i felt like it got kinda eclipsed by the taste temptation thanksgiving hoo-ha and what not...

There was SUCH a deluge. I've gotten to the point where I just make myself rotate to a new one every day, but sadly GF doesn't get as much love, because I really have to wear a full face of foundation with it for it to look at its best on me. I've worn the polish for a few weeks, though.

 

It's going to look great with the All Woman quad on the eyes!

post #563 of 580
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

i think you are right...and also there was a bit of a deluge of awesome lipsticks released right around /just after when this came out....i felt like it got kinda eclipsed by the taste temptation thanksgiving hoo-ha and what not...

 

That's why I skipped it. For me, it is one of those hot-today-forgotten-tomorrow shades that just sold because it was LE.

post #564 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

That's why I skipped it. For me, it is one of those hot-today-forgotten-tomorrow shades that just sold because it was LE.

Plus to be honest, the Gunmetal Estee Lauder one is a bit more versatile, since it's sheerer - at least if you can stand that fig fragrance (which I find kind of annoying).

post #565 of 580

Me too....and that is the reason why I won' t purchase more EL lippies.

I had no idea what the EL lippies would smell like when I got Gunmetal!

I use it because I like the color but that' s it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Plus to be honest, the Gunmetal Estee Lauder one is a bit more versatile, since it's sheerer - at least if you can stand that fig fragrance (which I find kind of annoying).

post #566 of 580

I finally opened my box.  It was Grey Friday. LOL   
For me, I've just been busy since Txgiving.  Plus when my break in happened I hadn't felt like being bothered with make up.  Now I'm even busier and I'm lucky if I put on concealer and mascara.  

post #567 of 580

Here I'm wearing Grey Friday. In the same crappy light as Firm Form. I like it, but it needs a lipliner I think. I'll try it with Currant, because it's lighter than FF I don't want to use Nightmoth. I think Currant will give it a nice purple undertone and make it apply more even. I had some problems getting it even, but I do like the colour.

post #568 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

That's why I skipped it. For me, it is one of those hot-today-forgotten-tomorrow shades that just sold because it was LE.

true...i guess mac was banking on that with the guerrilla-sale tactic!

i know what you mean about it being trendy at the moment, but i would think that for certain people it will probably always be a shade that fits in with their personal style.

post #569 of 580
Does anyone have a Grey Friday BNIB lipstick they want to sell? I want one...
post #570 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq-i View Post

Does anyone have a Grey Friday BNIB lipstick they want to sell? I want one...

I have one that is still sitting in the MAC box it came in. Never even swatched it. Let me know if you are interested.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)