or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 10

post #271 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


😘

I know you're not a fan of these pressed piggies, but have you tried using these to apply them:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/136/22079/Products/Accessories/Applicators/Eye-Applicator/index.tmpl

 

On me, they take away all the fallout issues and just give me easy and smooth application (I know, I know, I shill these darn applicators like a broken record) busted.gif

post #272 of 462

they are my obsession i will be using them like crazy when they launch!!!! 

post #273 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

I know you're not a fan of these pressed piggies, but have you tried using these to apply them:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/136/22079/Products/Accessories/Applicators/Eye-Applicator/index.tmpl

 

On me, they take away all the fallout issues and just give me easy and smooth application (I know, I know, I shill these darn applicators like a broken record) busted.gif

i hope they never discontinue them!! 

i'm glad at least they made a tool to go with the PPs since they are gonna be perm!

post #274 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

i hope they never discontinue them!! 

i'm glad at least they made a tool to go with the PPs since they are gonna be perm!

The dumb thing is, they're not promoting the applicators with the collection, just a brush that is a nice brush, but honestly works pretty badly with the PPs. I was ranting about that to my store manager and all he could say was, HQ would rather push an expensive brush than the applicators that are like a third of the price. Graaaah.

post #275 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

I know you're not a fan of these pressed piggies, but have you tried using these to apply them:
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/136/22079/Products/Accessories/Applicators/Eye-Applicator/index.tmpl

On me, they take away all the fallout issues and just give me easy and smooth application (I know, I know, I shill these darn applicators like a broken record) busted.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

The dumb thing is, they're not promoting the applicators with the collection, just a brush that is a nice brush, but honestly works pretty badly with the PPs. I was ranting about that to my store manager and all he could say was, HQ would rather push an expensive brush than the applicators that are like a third of the price. Graaaah.

For me, it's not so much the fallout, but the big glitter bits and sheer application. If i want big glitter i'll just use glitter. I just feel, for the look i prefer, that pigments work better. As for the silicone applicators, it's kind of a waste to use a product that only lasts a handful of times. It's supposed to be used for glitter. Again, for me, the 231 or 228 and a bit of ❤❤❤EZR❤❤❤ works like a charm!
post #276 of 462

iagree.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

i hope they never discontinue them!! 

i'm glad at least they made a tool to go with the PPs since they are gonna be perm!

post #277 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


For me, it's not so much the fallout, but the big glitter bits and sheer application. If i want big glitter i'll just use glitter. I just feel, for the look i prefer, that pigments work better. As for the silicone applicators, it's kind of a waste to use a product that only lasts a handful of times. It's supposed to be used for glitter. Again, for me, the 231 or 228 and a bit of ❤❤❤EZR❤❤❤ works like a charm!

I use them with the pressed pigments and crushed metal pigments, primarily (I don't own any of the Pro glitters). I've tried the PPs with the 228 and I like it…just needed to crush it up a little.

 

I've been getting a lot more uses out of each applicator than the recommended 5 uses. What I do is have one set aside for dark colors, one for light colors and one for bright colors, then I wipe them down with a damp cloth after use, but don't use brush cleaner. After a few uses, I use diluted peroxide instead. Unfortunately, there's no way in the universe you could do that professionally. I wonder if MAC has a patent on them, because barring that, it'd be nice to see them trickle down to drugstore level….something tells me they're patented, though. 

post #278 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

 

What brush do you use to apply these products?  My experience with MAC SF is that it's just as drying as the PLW, but applies more patchy and somewhat challenging for me to blend, even with my ring finger.

 

I'm using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush or the Sigma P82 for blending the SF Concealer. The RT is not as dense as the Sigma, works better for me. For the MUFE Camouflage i'm using a classic lip brush or MAC's 194 brush for application and blend with my ring finger. But the main reason, that MAC SF doesn't look dry on me, could be my eye cream. It's SISLEY's Emulsion Phyto-Aromatique pour le contour des yeux et des léveres, love it. That stuff is as expensive as the name is long, but the first eye cream that really improved my eye area.

PLW Concealer gave my under eye area a scaly look.

post #279 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorni View Post

 

I'm using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush or the Sigma P82 for blending the SF Concealer. The RT is not as dense as the Sigma, works better for me. For the MUFE Camouflage i'm using a classic lip brush or MAC's 194 brush for application and blend with my ring finger. But the main reason, that MAC SF doesn't look dry on me, could be my eye cream. It's SISLEY's Emulsion Phyto-Aromatique pour le contour des yeux et des léveres, love it. That stuff is as expensive as the name is long, but the first eye cream that really improved my eye area.

PLW Concealer gave my under eye area a scaly look.

That means I should avoid it like the plague.

post #280 of 462

Someone was asking before about PLW vs. Mineralize concealer. I talk about it more in the thread from when it came out, but the Mineralize one is the best one I've used for my under eye area - the only one that is moist enough for my ultra-dry eye bags. I usually hate concealer. It's the only one I like using under the eye. The coverage on the PLW is a little better for stuff like age spots, though, to be fair.

post #281 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Someone was asking before about PLW vs. Mineralize concealer. I talk about it more in the thread from when it came out, but the Mineralize one is the best one I've used for my under eye area - the only one that is moist enough for my ultra-dry eye bags. I usually hate concealer. It's the only one I like using under the eye. The coverage on the PLW is a little better for stuff like age spots, though, to be fair.

Thanks liba, I will give this a try. Sounds like a good every day alternative, the SF Concealer / MUFE Camouflage routine is time consuming.

post #282 of 462

 

Ah! Thanks. I've picked up a few of the tiny hard white spatulas they have out for makeup testing in sephora, but i've been using them to get skin and eye creams out of jars.

 

I'll look for these the next time i'm in my MAC store.

post #283 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post
I like P&P Vibrancy Eye because it depuffs my bags a TON - as good as the Fast Response cream but so much better texture. It also is a great, light-weight base for eye makeup, plus I actually prefer it to concealer, because it's got luminizing particles in it and my eye issues are bags and texture smoothing, not darkness - most concealer just enhances the fact I've got the bags, while meanwhile, I put a little extra of this on next to the bags (not directly on) and it gives the amazing illusion of filling out the whole area so the bags aren't so obvious - it's a much more natural look on me than concealer.

 

I still use serum and moisturizer too, but I put the Vibrancy Eye on after both of those have sunk in - I even use it if I'm not wearing any eye makeup that day.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post
I'm going through the same right now. I used to just slap on my Moisturecover concealer and my eye area looked great. But over the past year I have developed dark circles and some puffiness and nothing seems to really help. The dark circles are still showing through the concealer and I feel like I look tired all the time. I'm trying the Vibrancy Eye at the moment, which I like a lot, but it's not doing as much as I hope it would. I still have puffiness. And I need to find a concealer with better coverage, which is difficult since I'm so pale and I have very dry skin plus my eye area is very sensitive, so the products can't be scented.

 

I recently bought the Touche Eclat - love the formula, it blends very nicely into the skin, definitely less cakey than MAC concealers, but I wish they had a really light shade. I got No1 and it's very close to my skintone, but not lighter unfortunately, so it doesn't highlight.

 

I don't have puffy eyes, rather, my under eye is a little bit sunken with some fine lines. And i don't exactly have dark circles, it's more that the skin beneath my eyes is fairly transparent, so i have a little curve of dark blue-ness from the bridge of my nose a little way into my under eye, no doubt a blood vessel visible through my sheer skin.

 

Plus the skin on my eyelids and under eye is so very sensitive, and not only to products. If i don't put rich moisturizers on there day and night, my skin will just hurt all by itself.

 

I find that MAC foundations and concealers are too dry for my skin. But i recently got P+P Vibrancy Eye and i'm liking it. I still need a moisturizer, but P+P VE brightens my dark lids and smoothes things out a bit in my under eye. I actually haven't put e/s over it yet, although i gather it works as a primer. I just wear it out as is. As for concealers, I tried some DS brands and either they weren't emollient enough (hurt to put on and made my skin look drought-stricken) or they made my eyes burn terribly. Then i tested my way through concealers at sephora. The Touche Éclat was a bit too illuminating for my under eye. I ended up buying Lancome Maquicomplet. It's moisturizing enough, blends well, and gives good coverage without being cake-y, but it's a bit expensive. And with the opaque black tube, i have no idea how much is in it nor how quickly i'm using it up.

 

I'm looking forward to testing some of these Pressed Pigments. I like some shimmer on my lids, it brightens my eyes and makes them look more alert. Doing a look with nothing but matte eye shadows makes my eyes look dull and dead. I use mattes in my crease sometimes, but otherwise i skip them.

post #284 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

I use them with the pressed pigments and crushed metal pigments, primarily (I don't own any of the Pro glitters). I've tried the PPs with the 228 and I like it…just needed to crush it up a little.

I've been getting a lot more uses out of each applicator than the recommended 5 uses. What I do is have one set aside for dark colors, one for light colors and one for bright colors, then I wipe them down with a damp cloth after use, but don't use brush cleaner. After a few uses, I use diluted peroxide instead. Unfortunately, there's no way in the universe you could do that professionally. I wonder if MAC has a patent on them, because barring that, it'd be nice to see them trickle down to drugstore level….something tells me they're patented, though. 

😧WHAT!?!?!? No glitters!? 😧 How is this possible!? I own every single pro glitter from the last 15 years!

I can't seem to find any info on that applicators that say they're patented. Who knows.
post #285 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


😧WHAT!?!?!? No glitters!? 😧 How is this possible!? I own every single pro glitter from the last 15 years!
I can't seem to find any info on that applicators that say they're patented. Who knows.

a combo of not wearing any makeup for years, then getting back into by the time i felt a little too old for pure glitter mixed in with the local Pro store being in the worst neighborhood for parking anywhere in L.A. wacko.gif

 

I do like all the new-fangled stuff, so I keep myself busy anyways graucho.gif

post #286 of 462

So the 215 brush is being repromoted with this collection?  I really like that brush for regular shadow and would like a back up.  

post #287 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

The dumb thing is, they're not promoting the applicators with the collection, just a brush that is a nice brush, but honestly works pretty badly with the PPs. I was ranting about that to my store manager and all he could say was, HQ would rather push an expensive brush than the applicators that are like a third of the price. Graaaah.

yeah i didn't find the 215 was particularly good for applying the pp's but the sales assistant who helped me yesterday demonstrated using it (with fix+) and it looked pretty good. till now i've only used these pp's dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


For me, it's not so much the fallout, but the big glitter bits and sheer application. If i want big glitter i'll just use glitter. I just feel, for the look i prefer, that pigments work better. As for the silicone applicators, it's kind of a waste to use a product that only lasts a handful of times. It's supposed to be used for glitter. Again, for me, the 231 or 228 and a bit of ❤❤❤EZR❤❤❤ works like a charm!

i only purchased jet couture from the new ones, but i definitely find it's texture and application is different from the day gleam and deeply dashing i have from the last release.  i patted it on last night with my finger, and just smooshed it around. no fallout.  give them a try in the store if you have a chance before you give up on them! :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


😧WHAT!?!?!? No glitters!? 😧 How is this possible!? I own every single pro glitter from the last 15 years!
I can't seem to find any info on that applicators that say they're patented. Who knows.

i don't own any glitters either, but today when i went back to the store to get absolute power,  bunch of the sa's were wearing different shades of glitter in the centre of their lids over a black base.  it looked awesome! i really liked the copper one...i don't know what it's called but i think i'd like to try it out sometime...(dunno where i'd be wearing it, but it's a minor detail...)

post #288 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


😧WHAT!?!?!? No glitters!? 😧 How is this possible!? I own every single pro glitter from the last 15 years!
I can't seem to find any info on that applicators that say they're patented. Who knows.

omg @ernie!!! do you have the crystalized one!!! i have been trying to find those everywhere i want all of them!!!

post #289 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattletale View Post

omg @ernie!!! do you have the crystalized one!!! i have been trying to find those everywhere i want all of them!!!

I sure do!!! I ❤ glitter!!!
post #290 of 462

my girl wanted to show me the pigments today but i passed i have no money and felt bad, i love these pigments  but i cant afford them right now. good thing they are permanent!!!

post #291 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


I sure do!!! I ❤ glitter!!!

im so jealous!!! if you ever sell them let me know im dying for the crystalized ones!!! i want them for drag!!! btw thanks for all the love on instagram 

post #292 of 462

I got Smoky and Jet Couture - swatched them in-store and they looked great on my skin tone.  They don't seem to be the same glitter bombs like the last release.  

post #293 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Someone was asking before about PLW vs. Mineralize concealer. I talk about it more in the thread from when it came out, but the Mineralize one is the best one I've used for my under eye area - the only one that is moist enough for my ultra-dry eye bags. I usually hate concealer. It's the only one I like using under the eye. The coverage on the PLW is a little better for stuff like age spots, though, to be fair.

the mineralize concealer is the best, but does not last long enough for me.

I'm going to try it again with the p&p eye.  I've been sick this week, so I couldn't conceal my dark circles aat work at all on Thursday, but today they covered nicely.  I used the 217.  I wonder if that was it. 
I guess the PLW is too drying for me.  I'm going to stop trying to make it work.

post #294 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattletale View Post

im so jealous!!! if you ever sell them let me know im dying for the crystalized ones!!! i want them for drag!!! btw thanks for all the love on instagram 

Oooooh what's your IG username!? This way i can put a face to a name! I love meeting (stalking) other artists on IG 😘
post #295 of 462
Did anyone pick up any pressed pigments along with Apres Chic or Strength haul?
post #296 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggybella View Post

Did anyone pick up any pressed pigments along with Apres Chic or Strength haul?

 

I already hauled Apres Chic from my Pro store on Friday.  I picked up pressed pigments in Smoky and Jet Couture.  I love the way these showed up on my skin, and they're not the glitter bombs of pressed pigments past.

post #297 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggybella View Post

Did anyone pick up any pressed pigments along with Apres Chic or Strength haul?


i prreordered two, but cant pick them up until wednesday. i got the  off white and  the purple one

post #298 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggybella View Post

Did anyone pick up any pressed pigments along with Apres Chic or Strength haul?

i picked up jet couture.

post #299 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggybella View Post

Did anyone pick up any pressed pigments along with Apres Chic or Strength haul?

Yep. I did.
post #300 of 462

Nope, forgot all about them, I'll have to wait until I can see them in person.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)