or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 11

post #301 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

yeah i didn't find the 215 was particularly good for applying the pp's but the sales assistant who helped me yesterday demonstrated using it (with fix+) and it looked pretty good. till now i've only used these pp's dry.

i only purchased jet couture from the new ones, but i definitely find it's texture and application is different from the day gleam and deeply dashing i have from the last release.  i patted it on last night with my finger, and just smooshed it around. no fallout.  give them a try in the store if you have a chance before you give up on them! :)

 

i don't own any glitters either, but today when i went back to the store to get absolute power,  bunch of the sa's were wearing different shades of glitter in the centre of their lids over a black base.  it looked awesome! i really liked the copper one...i don't know what it's called but i think i'd like to try it out sometime...(dunno where i'd be wearing it, but it's a minor detail...)

 

I gaze at the 3D Gold one all the time.  I would love to own it but I know I would never use it.  So pretty though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

my girl wanted to show me the pigments today but i passed i have no money and felt bad, i love these pigments  but i cant afford them right now. good thing they are permanent!!!

 

I was wondering if they were permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughtyp View Post


i prreordered two, but cant pick them up until wednesday. i got the  off white and  the purple one

 

I can't decide which ones to get. I will get the black one for sure, Jet Couture.  I would probably just get 1 or 2 as I have a few from the last release and haven't worn them much.  However, I recently bought 2 Tom Ford palettes and they have a shade that reminds me a lot of these pressed pigments and I love the look of it.  I feel like I really could use one in all colors.  I like the purple one but hate that it has the same name as my favorite purple Mac shadow ever - Amethyst Lustre eyeshadow. It makes me think that this shade will never be repromoted.  I would skip the pastel colors but looking at the spring collections from other lines, it seems there will be lots of pastel colors for spring and may pair nicely with these.  Well, maybe I could get 2 and slowly get the others.  Decisions, decisions.

post #302 of 462
I had to double check that these were perm, because Temptalia shows them as LE. My SA looked at the book, and they're definitely perm.
post #303 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

I had to double check that these were perm, because Temptalia shows them as LE. My SA looked at the book, and they're definitely perm.

All the pressed piggies? Yay no rush
post #304 of 462

I didn't order on-line because it would take about week for them to get to me anyway, so i'll just wait two days and get them in person.

 

Before seeing them, my must-have list is:

-- Sweet Acting – Mid-tone pink
-- Blonde Streak – Light cream
-- Light Touch – W10
 
And my must-test list is:
-- Amethyst – Purple with silver undertone
-- Smoky – Deep silver blue
-- Blue Willow – Light icy blue
 
Since Blue Willow looks like a warm blue in the on-line photos, i'm leaning to it, but i did get Divine Extra Dimensional e/s from Glamour Days, so i need to compare them. And Smoky may be too dark and navy for me, so i have to see it.
 
And, what!?!? I'm on Team Purple and Amethyst is not on my must-have list?!?! Well, my purple eye-product box is near to exploding, so i have to see if Amethyst is significantly different from other purple eye shadows i have.
 
I'll be waiting outside my local MAC's door on Wednesday AM before they open... i pre-ordered a couple things each from Strength and Apres Chic, but now i want more MORE! So far what i want and didn't pre-order is not yet sold out on line... but there are two more days for other folks to shop on-line.
post #305 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

I didn't order on-line because it would take about week for them to get to me anyway, so i'll just wait two days and get them in person.

 

Before seeing them, my must-have list is:

-- Sweet Acting – Mid-tone pink
-- Blonde Streak – Light cream
-- Light Touch – W10
 
And my must-test list is:
-- Amethyst – Purple with silver undertone
-- Smoky – Deep silver blue
-- Blue Willow – Light icy blue
 
Since Blue Willow looks like a warm blue in the on-line photos, i'm leaning to it, but i did get Divine Extra Dimensional e/s from Glamour Days, so i need to compare them. And Smoky may be too dark and navy for me, so i have to see it.
 
And, what!?!? I'm on Team Purple and Amethyst is not on my must-have list?!?! Well, my purple eye-product box is near to exploding, so i have to see if Amethyst is significantly different from other purple eye shadows i have.
 
I'll be waiting outside my local MAC's door on Wednesday AM before they open... i pre-ordered a couple things each from Strength and Apres Chic, but now i want more MORE! So far what i want and didn't pre-order is not yet sold out on line... but there are two more days for other folks to shop on-line.

Sweet Acting was kind of boring - it doesn't read very pink when applied - looks nothing like the promo picture. It's almost exactly like Young Venus EDES. No need for it if you have that one.

 

Blonde Streak is a cool rosy beige color, while Flicker is more of warm champagne - more of what I think of as "cream" - it's too sheer to read yellow, at least on me. Light Touch is rather close to Blonde Streak, I'm not sure if folks will need both. One idea is get Blonde Streak for the sparklies, then get Ice MES from Apres Chic for a different smoother sparkle texture than the PPs - it's Light Touch without the glitter bits.

 

I don't own anything quite like Amethyst - it's pretty pale and sheer, but definitely reads light purple. It's one I'm getting for sure.

Smokey is another I'm getting for sure. It's one of the least sheer - looks like the blue grey from Marilyn, but with the PP texture. I'm glad I held out on the Marilyn one for it. It's going to look amazing with any red or pale pink lips.

Blue Willow is another very sheer one, but you can definitely see the warm pale blue, like a highlight of color over the lid - it's much easier to wear with my eye texture than many other light pale blues, including Divine, which I passed on, though it was kind of cute. Blue Willow's more interesting than that one to me, but I don't think most folks would need both, though Blue Willow'd be nice to layer over Divine - that'd be a great look. 

 

My first buys on these are Smokey, Jet Couture (omg so beautiful), Amethyst and either Flicker or Blue Willow or both of 'em. I already have Deeply Dashing, which I wear every week.

post #306 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

I didn't order on-line because it would take about week for them to get to me anyway, so i'll just wait two days and get them in person.

 

Before seeing them, my must-have list is:

-- Sweet Acting – Mid-tone pink
-- Blonde Streak – Light cream
-- Light Touch – W10
 
And my must-test list is:
-- Amethyst – Purple with silver undertone
-- Smoky – Deep silver blue
-- Blue Willow – Light icy blue
 
Since Blue Willow looks like a warm blue in the on-line photos, i'm leaning to it, but i did get Divine Extra Dimensional e/s from Glamour Days, so i need to compare them. And Smoky may be too dark and navy for me, so i have to see it.
 
And, what!?!? I'm on Team Purple and Amethyst is not on my must-have list?!?! Well, my purple eye-product box is near to exploding, so i have to see if Amethyst is significantly different from other purple eye shadows i have.
 
I'll be waiting outside my local MAC's door on Wednesday AM before they open... i pre-ordered a couple things each from Strength and Apres Chic, but now i want more MORE! So far what i want and didn't pre-order is not yet sold out on line... but there are two more days for other folks to shop on-line.

Sweet Acting was kind of boring - it doesn't read very pink when applied - looks nothing like the promo picture. It's almost exactly like Young Venus EDES. No need for it if you have that one.

 

Blonde Streak is a cool rosy beige color, while Flicker is more of warm champagne - more of what I think of as "cream" - it's too sheer to read yellow, at least on me. Light Touch is rather close to Blonde Streak, I'm not sure if folks will need both. One idea is get Blonde Streak for the sparklies, then get Ice MES from Apres Chic for a different smoother sparkle texture than the PPs - it's Light Touch without the glitter bits.

 

I don't own anything quite like Amethyst - it's pretty pale and sheer, but definitely reads light purple. It's one I'm getting for sure.

Smokey is another I'm getting for sure. It's one of the least sheer - looks like the blue grey from Marilyn, but with the PP texture. I'm glad I held out on the Marilyn one for it. It's going to look amazing with any red or pale pink lips.

Blue Willow is another very sheer one, but you can definitely see the warm pale blue, like a highlight of color over the lid - it's much easier to wear with my eye texture than many other light pale blues, including Divine, which I passed on, though it was kind of cute. Blue Willow's more interesting than that one to me, but I don't think most folks would need both, though Blue Willow'd be nice to layer over Divine - that'd be a great look. 

 

My first buys on these are Smokey, Jet Couture (omg so beautiful), Amethyst and either Flicker or Blue Willow or both of 'em. I already have Deeply Dashing, which I wear every week.

 

Jet Couture is my favorite of them all!  I've been thinking of doing a look tomorrow with this paired with Deeply Adored.

post #307 of 462
I got to see these in person today. Can't remember all the names and they didn't have amethyst (of course) but jet couture, blond streak, the white gold/yellow one and amethyst will be mine they are gorgeous. For those who don't like sparkly eyes these aren't for you. I didn't like the dark blue/teal one much though. Here's a pic. Can't really capture the sparkly.goodness in it but pigmentation is really good.

Ok...I'll post the pic when I get to a computer. Can't seem to do it with my phone.
post #308 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

 

Jet Couture is my favorite of them all!  I've been thinking of doing a look tomorrow with this paired with Deeply Adored.

I'm looking forward to wearing it on top of Venetian Tarnish Metal-X, with Firm Form on the lips and maybe Worldly Wealth for blush!!!!!

 

Also, I can't wait to try it over Half-Wild p/p, with Yung Rapunxel on the lips, or maybe over Hyperviolet p/p with Warm Companion! wooooooo!!!!!

post #309 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

 

Jet Couture is my favorite of them all!  I've been thinking of doing a look tomorrow with this paired with Deeply Adored.

I'm looking forward to wearing it on top of Venetian Tarnish Metal-X, with Firm Form on the lips and maybe Worldly Wealth for blush!!!!!

 

Also, I can't wait to try it over Half-Wild p/p, with Yung Rapunxel on the lips, or maybe over Hyperviolet p/p with Warm Companion! wooooooo!!!!!

Ooooohhh, that gives me an idea to try it over Dark Diversion!

post #310 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

I'm looking forward to wearing it on top of Venetian Tarnish Metal-X, with Firm Form on the lips and maybe Worldly Wealth for blush!!!!!

 

Also, I can't wait to try it over Half-Wild p/p, with Yung Rapunxel on the lips, or maybe over Hyperviolet p/p with Warm Companion! wooooooo!!!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

Ooooohhh, that gives me an idea to try it over Dark Diversion!

ooooo these combos sound excellent!

 

i'm wearing jet couture today in the outer corner with the all woman quad...i didn't try the deeply dashing or other shades from the previous release from this release, but i really think the formula is slightly different.  but if i recall correctly, maybe it's just jet couture, because i found it stood out from the other shades i swatched in store... hmmm...

anyway, it feels almost like a cream product...

post #311 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

Ooooohhh, that gives me an idea to try it over Dark Diversion!

I can't wait to buy it.

post #312 of 462

1000

 

Top - Sweet Acting

Left to right - Angelic, Flicker, Jet Couture, Blond Streak

bottom - Enlightening

 

Sorry about the picture quality, it's the best I could do.

 

My first purchases will be Jet Couture - kind of reminds me of a sparkly hocus pocus? and amethyst although I wasn't able to swatch it. 

post #313 of 462

Deeply Dashing and Day Gleam were gorgeous too! Smoky reminded me of the cornflower blue pigment (on my skin). I just didn't like the way it turned out on my hand, nw45 for reference. 

 

Still, they were very pretty. Sweet Acting didn't go as pink as I thought it would, but me and pinks are not the best of friends when it comes to eyeshadow. Blue Willow was pretty, but didn't move me too much. Idk if it's the pigments or my skintone, but some of the lighter ones were starting to look a bit too white-frosty for my taste. I didn't expect to like Blonde Streak so much. Jet Couture...just beautiful. It'll make a gorgeous smokey eye.

 

Flicker is a frosty white gold on my skin. I will slowly collect most of these. It was so hard to say no today. I had spent so much money on others already that I decided to put myself on hold. I got Absolute Power, Strong Woman and the brunette brow gel. Decided I better take care of the LE's first! The MA confirmed that the piggies were all permanent colors.

post #314 of 462

Thank you very much for confirming, Yazmin!

 

That is soooooooooo good to know yahoo.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

I had to double check that these were perm, because Temptalia shows them as LE. My SA looked at the book, and they're definitely perm.
post #315 of 462

iagree.gif.....I am sitting here ->   th_drool.gif

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

 

ooooo these combos sound excellent!

 

i'm wearing jet couture today in the outer corner with the all woman quad...i didn't try the deeply dashing or other shades from the previous release from this release, but i really think the formula is slightly different.  but if i recall correctly, maybe it's just jet couture, because i found it stood out from the other shades i swatched in store... hmmm...

anyway, it feels almost like a cream product...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

Ooooohhh, that gives me an idea to try it over Dark Diversion!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

I'm looking forward to wearing it on top of Venetian Tarnish Metal-X, with Firm Form on the lips and maybe Worldly Wealth for blush!!!!!

 

Also, I can't wait to try it over Half-Wild p/p, with Yung Rapunxel on the lips, or maybe over Hyperviolet p/p with Warm Companion! wooooooo!!!!!

post #316 of 462

Thank you for sharing these swatches berryjuicy!

 

Jet Couture looks to die for eyelove.gif

 

I have a feeling that the darker PPs will be my faves as the pretty shimmer is more apparent on a dark(er) base.

Don' t get me wrong,I like the light(er) PPs a lot too,but the dark colors are even more special IMO.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuicy View Post

1000

 

Top - Sweet Acting

Left to right - Angelic, Flicker, Jet Couture, Blond Streak

bottom - Enlightening

 

Sorry about the picture quality, it's the best I could do.

 

My first purchases will be Jet Couture - kind of reminds me of a sparkly hocus pocus? and amethyst although I wasn't able to swatch it. 

post #317 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuicy View Post

1000


Top - Sweet Acting
Left to right - Angelic, Flicker, Jet Couture, Blond Streak
bottom - Enlightening

Sorry about the picture quality, it's the best I could do.

My first purchases will be Jet Couture - kind of reminds me of a sparkly hocus pocus? and amethyst although I wasn't able to swatch it. 

Sweet acting looks really nice.
post #318 of 462
Help! I have Deeply Dashing and the silicone applicators but I don't know how to apply these? Best base? Application method?
post #319 of 462
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken View Post

Help! I have Deeply Dashing and the silicone applicators but I don't know how to apply these? Best base? Application method?

 

I can't help you with the silicone applicators but the 215 works very well for me. You only need a tiny amount on your brush, which you then crush on a palette (don't do this on the back of your hand, otherwise all what is left in the brush is the sparkle). You want to work the pressed piggie well into your brush before you pad it onto the lid. The crushing part is important to avoid (a) fall-out and (b) too much product on the brush. Place the brush where you want the most pigmentation and pad-blend (for the lack of a better word) from there. HTH

post #320 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

I can't help you with the silicone applicators but the 215 works very well for me. You only need a tiny amount on your brush, which you then crush on a palette (don't do this on the back of your hand, otherwise all what is left in the brush is the sparkle). You want to work the pressed piggie well into your brush before you pad it onto the lid. The crushing part is important to avoid (a) fall-out and (b) too much product on the brush. Place the brush where you want the most pigmentation and pad-blend (for the lack of a better word) from there. HTH


thanks will try this.  I cannot get over buying disposable applicators, just too wasteful for me.

I love Day Gleam, so I am thinking Amethyst, Jet Couture, and Blue Willow (vs. Smoky).  I am on the fence about Flicker, wish it was less sheer more yellow...

post #321 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken View Post

Help! I have Deeply Dashing and the silicone applicators but I don't know how to apply these? Best base? Application method?

 

I just lightly swipe the applicator across the pan - don't need much pressure to get a good amount. If the applicator looks evenly coated with a thin, semi-opaque film, it's plenty - anymore and you may run into fallout. No need to crush with these applicators - they do that on their own as you apply.

 

Then just pat on your lid at the spot where you want maximum pigment and then swipe out from there - don't need to pat, just spread. Any finer blending around the edges I'd do with a tapered blending brush, as the applicators aren't much for fine tuning. So far, I haven't needed this step with the PP nude colors I have, but I also use these applicators for crushed metal pigments and sometimes blend the edges on the dark colors for a soft look. 

 

I don't normally use the PPs over anything other than my usual P&P Vibrancy Eye, but some of the MAs I know who wear the PPs themselves use them over paint pots - they've got smoother eye natural eye texture than I do and it comes out looking very nice and smooth for them. I need a lighter texture on the eye to minimize crepe - that's why I like the PPs in the first place; they smooth over my lid texture really well on their own. I also use PPs on top of normal powder shadows if I want a touch of sparkle.

 

I've been getting much more than 5 uses out of the applicators by having one each for light, dark and medium colors, wiping them down right after use with a damp cloth then using a little diluted peroxide on them after a few uses. They're still going strong like this. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

post #322 of 462

I just bought 5 today.  They are so sheer. How do you get them to show up?

post #323 of 462

Talked to a different SA about these today and she was not enthusiastic. That's the second one who has kind of shrugged them off when I ask about them.

post #324 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

 

I just lightly swipe the applicator across the pan - don't need much pressure to get a good amount. If the applicator looks evenly coated with a thin, semi-opaque film, it's plenty - anymore and you may run into fallout. No need to crush with these applicators - they do that on their own as you apply.

 

Then just pat on your lid at the spot where you want maximum pigment and then swipe out from there - don't need to pat, just spread. Any finer blending around the edges I'd do with a tapered blending brush, as the applicators aren't much for fine tuning. So far, I haven't needed this step with the PP nude colors I have, but I also use these applicators for crushed metal pigments and sometimes blend the edges on the dark colors for a soft look. 

 

I don't normally use the PPs over anything other than my usual P&P Vibrancy Eye, but some of the MAs I know who wear the PPs themselves use them over paint pots - they've got smoother eye natural eye texture than I do and it comes out looking very nice and smooth for them. I need a lighter texture on the eye to minimize crepe - that's why I like the PPs in the first place; they smooth over my lid texture really well on their own. I also use PPs on top of normal powder shadows if I want a touch of sparkle.

 

I've been getting much more than 5 uses out of the applicators by having one each for light, dark and medium colors, wiping them down right after use with a damp cloth then using a little diluted peroxide on them after a few uses. They're still going strong like this. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

So you can wash and reuse the applicators?  That makes me want to try them.

post #325 of 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

 

I just lightly swipe the applicator across the pan - don't need much pressure to get a good amount. If the applicator looks evenly coated with a thin, semi-opaque film, it's plenty - anymore and you may run into fallout. No need to crush with these applicators - they do that on their own as you apply.

 

Then just pat on your lid at the spot where you want maximum pigment and then swipe out from there - don't need to pat, just spread. Any finer blending around the edges I'd do with a tapered blending brush, as the applicators aren't much for fine tuning. So far, I haven't needed this step with the PP nude colors I have, but I also use these applicators for crushed metal pigments and sometimes blend the edges on the dark colors for a soft look. 

 

I don't normally use the PPs over anything other than my usual P&P Vibrancy Eye, but some of the MAs I know who wear the PPs themselves use them over paint pots - they've got smoother eye natural eye texture than I do and it comes out looking very nice and smooth for them. I need a lighter texture on the eye to minimize crepe - that's why I like the PPs in the first place; they smooth over my lid texture really well on their own. I also use PPs on top of normal powder shadows if I want a touch of sparkle.

 

I've been getting much more than 5 uses out of the applicators by having one each for light, dark and medium colors, wiping them down right after use with a damp cloth then using a little diluted peroxide on them after a few uses. They're still going strong like this. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

 

i use my pp's over tfsi...swipe technique sounds similar to yours, except i'm lazy, so i sometimes use the same applicator to blend as well as apply other shades. in fact today i used it to apply jet couture,  deeply dashing, and preferred blonde...

post #326 of 462
I would suggest using them wet. I use mixing medium or charged water and my 239. Works fine for me.
post #327 of 462

I am really looking forward to these, they are out in Australia very beginning of January and I am ordering some when I get my ZUCA!!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that is for my birthday from fella!!! I am still stuch on what ones I want tho, I want to grab a few in case they arent permanent over here.

 

Hoping more swatches start to pop up around the place

post #328 of 462

These feel better like more creamy than the ones from face and body and have less fall out! The Jet one is FREAKING amazing and I love Amethyst too!!!


Edited by mousygiggles - 12/26/12 at 7:38pm
post #329 of 462
i got jet and amethyst. For now. I use the 215 and pat them on. Depending on how much product I get on the brush determines the fall out. I pat them on the brushed as well.

I have crepey eyelids too. I don't think its from old age, that's just how they are.
post #330 of 462

I will be picking these up tomorrow.  I am going to start with these two, and go from there.  LOL!

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

i got jet and amethyst. For now. I use the 215 and pat them on. Depending on how much product I get on the brush determines the fall out. I pat them on the brushed as well.
I have crepey eyelids too. I don't think its from old age, that's just how they are.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)