or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 10

post #271 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

I think Pro stores put it out this Thursday.

Yup. This thurs at pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte View Post

So it's not releasing to all stores (U.S.) on January 3rd?

Not counting pro stores, the US launch date is the 10th. The studio collection launches the 3rd.
post #272 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


Yup. This thurs at pro.
Not counting pro stores, the US launch date is the 10th. The studio collection launches the 3rd.

 

Thanks for clarifying.  I guess I'll be at Pro in a few days.

post #273 of 666

MAC  Pro will get this on Thursday.

post #274 of 666
Oh my gosh. Dirty blonde looks amazing!
post #275 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte View Post

So it's not releasing to all stores (U.S.) on January 3rd?
I was told that it would release in US stores on January 10. My local MAC counter at Belk's didn't even have the products for review yet.
post #276 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelitzer View Post

Deep dark brunette gelcreme is sold out on the website weeping.gif

Dude, I'm freakin' livid!  I put that item in my shopping cart like 2 days ago and just remembered to purchase it today when I got to check out a few minutes ago - BAM! - it's sold out!  And suddenly I remember why I'm not as loyal to MAC as I used to be.  How does a new, permanent STAPLE product get sold out?  This is like foundation or mascara or clear lip gloss selling out.

 

Crap, I don't wanna stalk the website. :-(

 

The last time I stalked was the MAC Bloggers Collection.  I HATE stalking.

 

Blah.

post #277 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908 View Post

Dude, I'm freakin' livid!  I put that item in my shopping cart like 2 days ago and just remembered to purchase it today when I got to check out a few minutes ago - BAM! - it's sold out!  And suddenly I remember why I'm not as loyal to MAC as I used to be.  How does a new, permanent STAPLE product get sold out?  This is like foundation or mascara or clear lip gloss selling out.

Crap, I don't wanna stalk the website. :-(

The last time I stalked was the MAC Bloggers Collection.  I HATE stalking.

Blah.

They are not permanent, just limited edition unfortunately. ssad.gif
post #278 of 666

this doesn't affect me the way it does everyone else. LOL  

 I sometimes put Outre on under my eye if I'm wearing dark eyeshadow and white is too stark. 

I feel like for this look it is the same.  Any other color highlighter, ones that lean white, would not look right. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


Look at all that concealer!

I can see her halo, halo, halo
I can see her halo, halo, halo
I can see her halo. Halo. Halo. Halooooooo ooooo
post #279 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908 View Post

Dude, I'm freakin' livid!  I put that item in my shopping cart like 2 days ago and just remembered to purchase it today when I got to check out a few minutes ago - BAM! - it's sold out!  And suddenly I remember why I'm not as loyal to MAC as I used to be.  How does a new, permanent STAPLE product get sold out?  This is like foundation or mascara or clear lip gloss selling out.

 

Crap, I don't wanna stalk the website. :-(

 

The last time I stalked was the MAC Bloggers Collection.  I HATE stalking.

 

Blah.

 

That is what I did too.  I put it in my cart and thought things over and then it's gone.  I have a feeling they will restock.  Maybe they want to hold a few for the official release.  They have been restocking a lot lately but I don't care to wait so I'm going to the pro store this week.  But I share your frustration.  They should have known that Brunette would be the most popular especially in light of how popular new fluidlines are in general.

post #280 of 666
Aww I like that eyebrow concealer look. Very chiseled and yes it looks like she's wearing make up. I do see that this i snot a natural look. I am no mua -just an admirer of make up and learning tips for personal application. This doesnt look cakey to me so I am glad to hear and see others opinions on what they think looks good/bad. I'll ultimately decide what i like but i dont want to be the girl wearing black lip liner thinking im cute! There is always something to learn here. Well- I guess it does look like a heavy application of concealer. If that means cakey then I can see that
post #281 of 666
Quote:
Aww I like that eyebrow concealer look. Very chiseled and yes it looks like she's wearing make up. I do see that this i snot a natural look. I am no mua -just an admirer of make up and learning tips for personal application. This doesnt look cakey to me so I am glad to hear and see others opinions on what they think looks good/bad. I'll ultimately decide what i like but i dont want to be the girl wearing black lip liner thinking im cute! There is always something to learn here. Well- I guess it does look like a heavy application of concealer. If that means cakey then I can see that

That's what we mean my dear. We're also talking about when they use a lighter shade if concealer to carve the top of the brow, creating a halo, as seen in the second pic.

And why can't you wear black lipliner and think ya look cute!? As long as the rest of your makeup is tailored to the black lip liner (no chola lips honey!), wear it and work it! AND look cute! It's the trend right now anyway 😘
Edited by erine1881 - 1/1/13 at 10:35pm
post #282 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGirl View Post


They are not permanent, just limited edition unfortunately. ssad.gif


OHhhhh...then I'm not as upset lol.

 

I guess this item can join My Paradise blush and Lollipop Loving l/s in Curly1908's Island of Items That Never Were (Mine).

 

Where's my tiny violin lol?

post #283 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post

That's what we mean my dear. We're also talking about when they use a lighter shade if concealer to carve the top of the brow, creating a halo, as seen in the second pic.
And why can't you wear black lipliner and think ya look cute!? As long as the rest of your makeup is tailored to the black lip liner (no chola lips honey!), wear it and work it! AND look cute! It's the trend right now anyway 😘

Yea ok! I see the halo! Lol I have Two different concealers, NW 35 to hiligh tunder brow and NC 45 for the top if I choose to use it there usually I don't do the top because I'm trying to save time but I have uaed it there so I will be careful to blend nicely. Ha! I'm going save the black lip liner for those who know what their doing. I've got to work in these brows first. I do want that gel creme (f/l). That's gonna take tons of practice- though I hope not
post #284 of 666

I really like the brow gel creme. Hopefully they will consider making this item permanent. It's very soft and natural looking and a lot more convenient to use than MUFE's tube gel. I was going to get a backup but I see that's a no-go nope.gif

post #285 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


That's what we mean my dear. We're also talking about when they use a lighter shade if concealer to carve the top of the brow, creating a halo, as seen in the second pic.
And why can't you wear black lipliner and think ya look cute!? As long as the rest of your makeup is tailored to the black lip liner (no chola lips honey!), wear it and work it! AND look cute! It's the trend right now anyway 😘

I don't get making these staple items LE, shouldn't having well groomed brows be a year round thing?  I don't understand MAC.  Actually, I get it if they are trying to test the market to see how well these sell and gauge if they need to be perm.  But it is annoying.

 

So, is the trend to make the halo obvious?  I get the caved part, but not the caked on look...

post #286 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by califabulous View Post


Yea ok! I see the halo! Lol I have Two different concealers, NW 35 to hiligh tunder brow and NC 45 for the top if I choose to use it there usually I don't do the top because I'm trying to save time but I have uaed it there so I will be careful to blend nicely. Ha! I'm going save the black lip liner for those who know what their doing. I've got to work in these brows first. I do want that gel creme (f/l). That's gonna take tons of practice- though I hope not

 

You'd be surprised! I'm not a brow expert by any means, but it doesn't take as long to learn how to use it on the brows as I thought! The 208 helps a lot too. It's a great product, it's easy to blend and really soft when applying. Plus it stays on forever.

 

Again, getyou.gif getyou.gif Mac for making this limited edition!

post #287 of 666

Dipdown fluidline and Deep Dark Brunette are almost the same color.....

post #288 of 666

I've been known to use Paint Pots in Groundwork and/or Quite Natural on my brows.

 

I really hope these are brought back down the road. I will be stocking up on both Dirty Blonde and Deep Dark Brunette on the 10th, when these are released at my counter in Macy's.

post #289 of 666
post #290 of 666

I think I'm going to get the Redhead pencil. I've been applying Indie Spirit with my 208 and I like that a lot; I'd just like something that lasts a bit longer, particularly in the summer. The Dirty Blonde fluidline looks like it would be the best for adding warmth to my darker brow, but I'm not sure it's actually reddish enough and Redhead is definitely too light for me.

post #291 of 666

I called my local MAC to ask if they could hold a Dirty Blonde Fluidline for me. I got someone i didn't know on the phone. She asked someone else if they could, and then she got back and told me they'd only gotten THREE of each (probably a 4th as tester, since i tested them), so they weren't pre-selling. I didn't ask about the brow duos - but i'd guess it's probably same with them.

 

That sure seems kinds skimpy to me! Whazzup, MAC?

post #292 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

I called my local MAC to ask if they could hold a Dirty Blonde Fluidline for me. I got someone i didn't know on the phone. She asked someone else if they could, and then she got back and told me they'd only gotten THREE of each (probably a 4th as tester, since i tested them), so they weren't pre-selling. I didn't ask about the brow duos - but i'd guess it's probably same with them.

 

That sure seems kinds skimpy to me! Whazzup, MAC?

Trying to generate hysteria and a virtual deficit to drive up interest???

post #293 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Trying to generate hysteria and a virtual deficit to drive up interest???

 

Probably, but I don't know that they need to do this at this point.  The fluidlines are so popular on their own that a brow fluidline would be sure to sell out.  Anyhow. . . I got my Brow Fluidline!  Like a maniac, I called my Pro store at lunchtime to ensure that this product was actually at the store before I trekked down there in this freezing weather.  The MA said yes. I asked if they had enough to last until I got there and the MA offered to hold one for me with out my asking.  He did say that they only had 2 colors but I don't remember which one wasn't there.  So I ran there after work to get it.  I couldn't just buy one thing so I got the 208 too.  The hairs looked shorter and stiffer than my # 22 brow brush so I figured I'd give it a try.  I also bought one of the colored concealers.  I've been experimenting a lot lately with different concealers and application methods and wanted to try this one.  I saw the concealer palette and liked it but I don't think I'm ready for it just yet.  As I was checking out I saw the mixing palette and the spatula.  I've been looking for this in the Pro store since at least the summer and they never had it.  I had decided to get one on Amazon from another cosmetic company.  I can't recall the name just now but one of those companies for professionals.  I think the other one was cheaper though.  But at least I finally have it.  So I will try this tomorrow and if I like it, I will buy a back up on launch day if I can.

post #294 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


That's what we mean my dear. We're also talking about when they use a lighter shade if concealer to carve the top of the brow, creating a halo, as seen in the second pic.
And why can't you wear black lipliner and think ya look cute!? As long as the rest of your makeup is tailored to the black lip liner (no chola lips honey!), wear it and work it! AND look cute! It's the trend right now anyway 😘

Yall do know she is a member here, right??? She is a very talented MUA and to copy her pic here and post it to critique it is very immature and rude. The girl is doing things in her life some can only dream about. Women are a trip...

post #295 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Trying to generate hysteria and a virtual deficit to drive up interest???

I bet it's more like they knew they'd only have a certain quantity finished in production by this date and they wanted to bring it out at this time anyways, knowing that they'd have to keep it limited. I bet we'll see another relaunch this year, once they've got production fully ramped up - just like what they did with the Pressed Pigments. Featuring a brow collection a couple times a year is good business, considering how fuller brows are becoming a real trend - one launch now for the early trend adopters and another later, when it's even more mainstream.

post #296 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaboo View Post

Yall do know she is a member here, right??? She is a very talented MUA and to copy her pic here and post it to critique it is very immature and rude. The girl is doing things in her life some can only dream about. Women are a trip...

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize critiquing wasn't allowed on a makeup board. I never said she wasn't talented. I actually follow her on other social medias, because everyone has something to teach/learn. We were talking about a brow trend, and i posted images because others weren't understanding the name or process of that trend. Her brows are on point, and are a perfect example of the current trend and the products that are now out there to achieve that look. I never said anything bashing her or her makeup. I simply agreed with others who commented on a certain trend.

Oh, and on one of her youtube videos she even commented that she uses a lot of concealer on her brows and needs to work on blending it out more. Sooo...yeah.
post #297 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughtyp View Post

I like the carved brow but I've never tried it. my hair is black but my eyebrows are really light and think ( my mom and grandmas are white! they look like they have no brows) I think mine will end up like that too when I get older. I have trouble finding brow products because brown doesn't look right and black is too much. I need like a grayish brown . I've been using a Clinique kohl eyeliner that was discontinued years ago so I've been on the lookout for something new to try that is quick! I'd like to try the carved brow but I don't have the time nor the tools to do it . plus I only fill in the middle of my brows. any recs?

check out 'thunder' brow powder by illamasqua if you can....it's not that grey actually, but i think they also have a slate grey that might work?

post #298 of 666
You have a snarky mouth lol.
I follow her other places too blah blah blah but the whole Beyonce tune was crazy. You posted the photo to state that she was doing it wrong. There is nothing wrong with critique but that wasn't what you did. If she had been an active member here who posts daily like some of you, would you have still posted her pic, pointing out her "halo"? Song and all?

The Internet makes some very courageous
post #299 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaboo View Post

You have a snarky mouth lol.
I follow her other places too blah blah blah but the whole Beyonce tune was crazy. You posted the photo to state that she was doing it wrong. There is nothing wrong with critique but that wasn't what you did. If she had been an active member here who posts daily like some of you, would you have still posted her pic, pointing out her "halo"? Song and all?
The Internet makes some very courageous

Please point out to me where i stated she did it wrong. Im serious. If you can show me where i said that, i will apologize. My photo simply showed how, if not done carefully, a carved brow can have a "side effect" if you will. Theres's a photo online of a celebrity that shows how highlighting under the eye with a lighter concealer can look if it nots blended. There's another photo showing how using the wrong setting powder can look different compared to the rest of your skin. Are these two makeup practices wrong? No. Can they tend to look a different way if it's not done carefully, such as good blending and using matching colours? Absolutely.

As for the song. It was a joke. Laugh at it, or don't. And you're right. The internet does make people courageous. Calling someone immature and rude based on something they didn't say is pretty ballsy. As for having a snarky (lol) mouth, this isn't something i don't already know.
post #300 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

check out 'thunder' brow powder by illamasqua if you can....it's not that grey actually, but i think they also have a slate grey that might work?

thank you!! I will def check it out winks.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)