or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 107

post #3181 of 4813

I'm a bit of a newbie to lip liners: could a cool or a warm toned possibly make Strong Woman (or let's say, Up The Amp) a brighter and poppier purple?  I'm guessing you'd need a cool toned liner, but I'm only desperately trying to find a bright purple, haha!

post #3182 of 4813

th_thstars.gifHappy Birthdayth_thstars.gifNaynadine & MissTT, hope you both had a lovely day!

post #3183 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

 

I was debating whether to get All Woman and CR Desert.  I finally decided to get the Desert face kit.

I was a bit bummed when I noticed that Mac Canada sold out of the desert quad.  Thought it's been a while since it was released so I shouldn't be surprised.  

I seem to recall someone on here saying that the phone order inventory is separate from the online inventory?  If that's the case I'm very tempted to try that option out.  I'll still be getting the All Woman quad but I think I will also try to get the Desert quad after seeing so many people speak highly of it.  

 

Ugh...and soon the new Chanel collection will release here.  That's another quad I want ohboy.gif   $$$!!

post #3184 of 4813

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADIES!!

party.gif

 

I hope you're doing many fun things to celebrate! 

post #3185 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

blah.gifgirlhaha.gif

 

I do not own Pink Pigeon or PaPa ....yet icon_eek.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

Me neither girlhaha.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

 

amuse.gif ahhh, twins indeed. Maybe we don't need them eh?

 

I know this will sound harsh, but I don't think anybody needs Pink Pigeon…it's just not all that, considering just in one year MAC brought out gobs of similar colors, most of them more exciting than PiPi (Quick Sizzle + Night Blooming, anyone?) There will be yet more of 'em in 2013. It's funny, considering waaaay back in the day, MAC's bread and butter was every neutral lipstick possible. Now it's like hot pink party, 24/7. icon_bump.gif

 

Meanwhile, Party Parrot is fantabulous - one of my favorite brights. It ain't subtle, though, that's for sure. thud.gif

post #3186 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

 

 

 

I know this will sound harsh, but I don't think anybody needs Pink Pigeon…it's just not all that, considering just in one year MAC brought out gobs of similar colors, most of them more exciting than PiPi (Quick Sizzle + Night Blooming, anyone?) There will be yet more of 'em in 2013. It's funny, considering waaaay back in the day, MAC's bread and butter was every neutral lipstick possible. Now it's like hot pink party, 24/7. icon_bump.gif

 

Meanwhile, Party Parrot is fantabulous - one of my favorite brights. It ain't subtle, though, that's for sure. thud.gif

greengrin.gif
I think thats why I don't own them. And, I have Chanels Genial & Super which are very elegant versions of both of the MAC colors.

post #3187 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

greengrin.gif
I think thats why I don't own them. And, I have Chanels Genial & Super which are very elegant versions of both of the MAC colors.

 

I will have to say, I love Party Parrot more than Impassioned and I've always had a tube of Impassioned, even during my makeup drought years where I owned 2 lipsticks and 1 gloss and not even a tube of mascara.

 

Those days are certainly over forever nocomment.gif

post #3188 of 4813

Impassioned is one of my favorite lipsticks

post #3189 of 4813

I don't own the lipstick version of Impassioned but I do have the lipglass. I love the color.

post #3190 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatton View Post

I'm a bit of a newbie to lip liners: could a cool or a warm toned possibly make Strong Woman (or let's say, Up The Amp) a brighter and poppier purple?  I'm guessing you'd need a cool toned liner, but I'm only desperately trying to find a bright purple, haha!

Try magenta, embrace me, or even process magenta liners underneath. Tho they are pink liners, they will add that brightness underneath SW.

Or try hoochie liptar! Now that's a bright purple!
post #3191 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

 

I was debating whether to get All Woman and CR Desert.  I finally decided to get the Desert face kit.

I'm thinking of getting CR desert now too.  

post #3192 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

I'm thinking of getting CR desert now too.  


It is so worth it!!! It is a great great quad. I like the bush with it too.

post #3193 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


Try magenta, embrace me, or even process magenta liners underneath. Tho they are pink liners, they will add that brightness underneath SW.
Or try hoochie liptar! Now that's a bright purple!

Thanks for the reply!
So should just ignore the cool or warm toned thing? Because I saw this post on Heroine and look at the different outcome based on the lip liner! I love the first one most, done with Grape which is sadly not being produced anymore - but it's a pretty dark lip liner as well, so colour me confused. :D

post #3194 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

 

I was debating whether to get All Woman and CR Desert.  I finally decided to get the Desert face kit.

I'm thinking of getting CR desert now too.  

 

These were the swatches that convinced me I had to have this! (from: http://www.beautyjunkiesunite.com/WP/2012/09/20/reviews-swatches-photos-mac-carine-roitfeld-collection-fall-desert-camouflage-full-face-kit-good-luck-star-stencils/)

 

post #3195 of 4813
Quote:

Wow that looks so much nicer than the Strength quad swatches that we've seen

post #3196 of 4813

I PURCHASED WARM COMPANION, STRONG WOMAN, HOT CHOCOLATE, HAUTE ALTITUDE, FIRM FORM AND COZY UP FROM STRENGTH AND APRES CHIC.....

 

I PREFER PLAYTIME/SEDUCTIVE INTENT/HEROINE OVER STRONG WOMAN...STRAIGHT FROM THE TUBE IT RUNS REDDER TO ME, SO, I WOULD DEFINITELY ROCK IT WITH A FUSCHIA L/L OR A PURPLE L/L....

 

PINK PIGEON SOLD OUT SO FAST, IT WAS IN MY CART ON MAC PRO AND WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT IT WAS GONE SMFH ON XMAS EVE....

 

WHEN I CALLED A FREE STANDING STORE TO HOLD IT FOR ME, THEY WERE LIKE WE CAN'T HOLD ITEMS, I'M LIKE WTF ARE THE CHANGING THE RULES NOW??? MY OLD COUNTER IN NC THE MA'S USE TO TELL ME CALL IN AND WE WILL PULL YOUR STUFF....I GUESS THE GAME HAS CHANGED!

post #3197 of 4813
Hello ladies! I have strong woman and I wanted to know what lip liner to use that won't change the color of the lipstick. Thanks!
post #3198 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

 Whatever the reason for all of the confusion surrounding the release date, it was nice that she called you back and didn't just leave you hanging /waiting.   flower.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

 Whatever the reason for all of the confusion surrounding the release date, it was nice that she called you back and didn't just leave you hanging /waiting.   flower.gif
[/quote

Yes, most of the folks that work there are real dolls.
post #3199 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatton View Post

I'm a bit of a newbie to lip liners: could a cool or a warm toned possibly make Strong Woman (or let's say, Up The Amp) a brighter and poppier purple?  I'm guessing you'd need a cool toned liner, but I'm only desperately trying to find a bright purple, haha!

 

I suggest MAC Magenta lip pencil.

post #3200 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKESHA1908 View Post

I PURCHASED WARM COMPANION, STRONG WOMAN, HOT CHOCOLATE, HAUTE ALTITUDE, FIRM FORM AND COZY UP FROM STRENGTH AND APRES CHIC.....

 

I PREFER PLAYTIME/SEDUCTIVE INTENT/HEROINE OVER STRONG WOMAN...STRAIGHT FROM THE TUBE IT RUNS REDDER TO ME, SO, I WOULD DEFINITELY ROCK IT WITH A FUSCHIA L/L OR A PURPLE L/L....

 

PINK PIGEON SOLD OUT SO FAST, IT WAS IN MY CART ON MAC PRO AND WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT IT WAS GONE SMFH ON XMAS EVE....

 

WHEN I CALLED A FREE STANDING STORE TO HOLD IT FOR ME, THEY WERE LIKE WE CAN'T HOLD ITEMS, I'M LIKE WTF ARE THE CHANGING THE RULES NOW??? MY OLD COUNTER IN NC THE MA'S USE TO TELL ME CALL IN AND WE WILL PULL YOUR STUFF....I GUESS THE GAME HAS CHANGED!

Sweet haul!!!  Try that store again and have it shipped or try another fee-standing store and have it shipped.  I think they must have experienced a situation in which they held items for many people and they never showed to retrieve them.  I don't know that it's ever been a problem when they know you from frequent purchases and/or visits.  I really hope you find Pink Pigeon!!!

post #3201 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

i stocked up on liners tonite b/c of CC! LOL

Tee hee...which ones did you get?   rofl.gif  You're welcome to join CC & me at the soup kitchen!  girlhaha.gif

post #3202 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

I'm thinking of getting CR desert now too.  

Go for it Prettypackages.  It's great for travel...overnight or otherwise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousygiggles View Post


It is so worth it!!! It is a great great quad. I like the bush with it too.

I'm in a silly mood...I didn't get a "bush" with mine...only a blush...sorry MG I couldn't resist.  lmao.gif

Quote:

A far cry from the swatches on T.  I love this palette and reach for it often.  It looks like sales will spike now.  It's still on MAC & Nordstrom.

post #3203 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

Tee hee...which ones did you get?   rofl.gif  You're welcome to join CC & me at the soup kitchen!  girlhaha.gif

GIRL!!!   I just might have to...  

 

I got magenta, dervish (Liba's fault), plum, currant, and plum.  I went to Ulta and got some NYX liners also, prune, plum, currant and blackberry.  With my orders I got nightmoth, and embrace me. 

post #3204 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

GIRL!!!   I just might have to...  

 

I got magenta, dervish (Liba's fault), plum, currant, and plum.  I went to Ulta and got some NYX liners also, prune, plum, currant and blackberry.  With my orders I got nightmoth, and embrace me. 

NICE!  CC & Liba will be proud!  

post #3205 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

Go for it Prettypackages.  It's great for travel...overnight or otherwise. 

I'm in a silly mood...I didn't get a "bush" with mine...only a blush...sorry MG I couldn't resist.  lmao.gif

A far cry from the swatches on T.  I love this palette and reach for it often.  It looks like sales will spike now.  It's still on MAC & Nordstrom

shhh!  don't tell anyone! LOL   

 

I just felt like I had these colors.    Did anyone with a huge collex think the same?  I have the naked 1 palette, tempting, and various colors like that.  (my mind went blank)

 

post #3206 of 4813

What eye look are you guys doing with FF? I'm thinking of using it for NYE and I'm playing around with dark colors for my eyes but I'm still not too sure about that!

post #3207 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrah View Post

What eye look are you guys doing with FF? I'm thinking of using it for NYE and I'm playing around with dark colors for my eyes but I'm still not too sure about that!

A very soft eye, classic nude with a winged liner. Add a lil bit of shimmer/sparkle on the eye if you'd like. But don't go dark on the eye!
post #3208 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


A very soft eye, classic nude with a winged liner. Add a lil bit of shimmer/sparkle on the eye if you'd like. But don't go dark on the eye!

 

That's what I would do too. I am currently obsessed with this black lipstick look by Marina and the Diamonds.

post #3209 of 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

shhh!  don't tell anyone! LOL   

 

I just felt like I had these colors.    Did anyone with a huge collex think the same?  I have the naked 1 palette, tempting, and various colors like that.  (my mind went blank)

 

That's how I feel about it.

post #3210 of 4813

th_e2cloud9.gif....it is such a beautiful palette!!!

 

I would have backed it up if there was no cream blush included.I really like the blush but I cannot use it up fast enough.

 

Quote:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)