or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 130

post #3871 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post


I can't stop wearing it, and I purchased it knowing that it was probably dupeable. Mac-Guy lauded it, I got it and man am I glad that I did. I just love it---and trust me, I have 11 totally filled MAC 15 shadow palettes. Didn't matter to me! So don't get it! When you're up late crying into your pillow just give me a holler...I'm usually up late & good for a shoulder to cry on.
bouquet.gif

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I KNOW I  KNOW...I HATE HAVING SKIPPERS REMORSE!!! I WILL MC HAMMER OVER TO THE PRO SITE AND PLACE MY ORDER LOL...I KNEW ONCE I SAW A MAC MA ON INSTAGRAM DO 2 LOOKS WITH IT, I NEEDED IT!! YES, ERINE SAID IT IS DUPEABLE!!! AND I HAVE THE DUPE COLORS, BUT, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT TO CRY INTO MY PILLOW AHAHAHAHAHA. I AM GLAD TO KNOW YOUR UP LATE, BECAUSE, IF ARCHIES GIRLS SELLS OUT IN 7263636362662626262626262 SECONDS, I AM CALLING YOU!!

post #3872 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifae View Post

I'm a bit worried too, especially since I'm pregnant, and everyone at work seems sick.  I did get my flu shot though.  Hopefully, it will protect me this year. (It didn't do any good last year.)

Congrats!!! How far are you? smiles.gif
post #3873 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKESHA1908 View Post

ERINE YOU ARE ALWAYS ON IT GIRLIE!!! ^5

curtsey.gif
post #3874 of 4811

It's a bright sunny day! So i attempted to take some photos! I hope this gives some idea of Lust and Grid, both from the mid-90s. Lust is very frosty pale lilac, Grid has a warm violet base with blue sheen.

 

Grid is in a silver bullet, and it turns out it's actually still OK. Lust is a bit older, in a FLAT TOPPED tube, and is rancid. I also put on both lipsticks. Since Lust has gone bad, i put on Prep+Prime Lip first, took my terrible photo, then wiped it off immediately afterwards.

 

 

Lust on the left; Grid on the right, swatched on my inner arm - my very first swatch photo! You can see Grid's blue sheen toward the top of the swatch.

 

 

Since i'm using a camera, i cannot see how things look when i point the lens at myself, so please excuse the terrible lip photos, but at least you can see Grid's blue sheen.

post #3875 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

It's a bright sunny day! So i attempted to take some photos! I hope this gives some idea of Lust and Grid, both from the mid-90s. Lust is very frosty pale lilac, Grid has a warm violet base with blue sheen.

Grid is in a silver bullet, and it turns out it's actually still OK. Lust is a bit older, in a FLAT TOPPED tube, and is rancid. I also put on both lipsticks. Since Lust has gone bad, i put on Prep+Prime Lip first, took my terrible photo, then wiped it off immediately afterwards.







Lust on the left; Grid on the right, swatched on my inner arm - my very first swatch photo! You can see Grid's blue sheen toward the top of the swatch.





Since i'm using a camera, i cannot see how things look when i point the lens at myself, so please excuse the terrible lip photos, but at least you can see Grid's blue sheen.

So much purple!!!
post #3876 of 4811

eyelove.gifth_drool.gifjawdrop.gifThank you!!!!!! Aww shucks. I wish I had these two beautiful purple lippies in my life. MAC.. please bring them back. I need more blue violets in my life.flower.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

It's a bright sunny day! So i attempted to take some photos! I hope this gives some idea of Lust and Grid, both from the mid-90s. Lust is very frosty pale lilac, Grid has a warm violet base with blue sheen.

 

Grid is in a silver bullet, and it turns out it's actually still OK. Lust is a bit older, in a FLAT TOPPED tube, and is rancid. I also put on both lipsticks. Since Lust has gone bad, i put on Prep+Prime Lip first, took my terrible photo, then wiped it off immediately afterwards.

 

 

Lust on the left; Grid on the right, swatched on my inner arm - my very first swatch photo! You can see Grid's blue sheen toward the top of the swatch.

 

 

Since i'm using a camera, i cannot see how things look when i point the lens at myself, so please excuse the terrible lip photos, but at least you can see Grid's blue sheen.

post #3877 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

Grid is in a silver bullet, and it turns out it's actually still OK. Lust is a bit older, in a FLAT TOPPED tube, and is rancid. I also put on both lipsticks. Since Lust has gone bad, i put on Prep+Prime Lip first, took my terrible photo, then wiped it off immediately afterwards.

All in the name of beauty science... pretty.gif

post #3878 of 4811
Makes me sad. I've never even touched my lavender whip (aside from a hand swatch) or my go for it.
post #3879 of 4811

jawdrop.gifholysheep.gif I am nearly finished with one of my Go For Its and I just recently opened my second Lavender Whip. My first one plopped on the bathroom floor of my office, so I threw it out and cried. How are you resisting such beautiful purples? What is your secret? I need to know.shrugs.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post

Makes me sad. I've never even touched my lavender whip (aside from a hand swatch) or my go for it.
post #3880 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post

Makes me sad. I've never even touched my lavender whip (aside from a hand swatch) or my go for it.

R they bad or have u just not used them? If they're good I'd just wear them. Might as well lol.
post #3881 of 4811
Wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

It's a bright sunny day! So i attempted to take some photos! I hope this gives some idea of Lust and Grid, both from the mid-90s. Lust is very frosty pale lilac, Grid has a warm violet base with blue sheen.

Grid is in a silver bullet, and it turns out it's actually still OK. Lust is a bit older, in a FLAT TOPPED tube, and is rancid. I also put on both lipsticks. Since Lust has gone bad, i put on Prep+Prime Lip first, took my terrible photo, then wiped it off immediately afterwards.







Lust on the left; Grid on the right, swatched on my inner arm - my very first swatch photo! You can see Grid's blue sheen toward the top of the swatch.





Since i'm using a camera, i cannot see how things look when i point the lens at myself, so please excuse the terrible lip photos, but at least you can see Grid's blue sheen.

Wow how cool r those. Thank u for the pics. U didn't have to try on the rancid one but thank u for showing how it looks.
post #3882 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

jawdrop.gifholysheep.gif I am nearly finished with one of my Go For Its and I just recently opened my second Lavender Whip. My first one plopped on the bathroom floor of my office, so I threw it out and cried. How are you resisting such beautiful purples? What is your secret? I need to know.shrugs.gif

I think it's the combo of the shade of purple and them being a cremesheen formula. If they were matte or amplifieds I'd be all over it! I'm actually thinking of selling em hmm.gif
post #3883 of 4811

I finally tried AP today and it is fuchsia/hot pink on me not red at all. Not sure if this is going to work out.

post #3884 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

    maybe. i dont watch their show, or buy anything related to them. th_wink3.gif

I don't either--I googled it out of curiosity about the lip color  blah.gif  girlhaha.gif

post #3885 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKESHA1908 View Post

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I KNOW I  KNOW...I HATE HAVING SKIPPERS REMORSE!!! I WILL MC HAMMER OVER TO THE PRO SITE AND PLACE MY ORDER LOL...I KNEW ONCE I SAW A MAC MA ON INSTAGRAM DO 2 LOOKS WITH IT, I NEEDED IT!! YES, ERINE SAID IT IS DUPEABLE!!! AND I HAVE THE DUPE COLORS, BUT, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT TO CRY INTO MY PILLOW AHAHAHAHAHA. I AM GLAD TO KNOW YOUR UP LATE, BECAUSE, IF ARCHIES GIRLS SELLS OUT IN 7263636362662626262626262 SECONDS, I AM CALLING YOU!!

lmao.gifth_shake2.gif DEAL!!!!

post #3886 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


I think it's the combo of the shade of purple and them being a cremesheen formula. If they were matte or amplifieds I'd be all over it! I'm actually thinking of selling em hmm.gif

If you decide to I bet you'll have no trouble unloading them. I wonder why there is no lavender perm lippie other than asian flower ss (which is on my to get list for spring).

post #3887 of 4811

I would love if MAC would make some more purples in matte and amplified finishes. My favorite finishes.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


I think it's the combo of the shade of purple and them being a cremesheen formula. If they were matte or amplifieds I'd be all over it! I'm actually thinking of selling em hmm.gif
post #3888 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

I don't either--I googled it out of curiosity about the lip color  blah.gif  girlhaha.gif

     thmbup.gif lol

post #3889 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

   ohh congrats and i hope everything comes out well and we dont get this flu! 

 

Thank you! Let's hope so!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

congrat.gifth_thstars.gif

 

Thanks, MACerette!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyMilk View Post


Congrats!!! How far are you? smiles.gif

 

Thank you! I'm 28 weeks pregnant.  I'm due on March 31st (my birthday)!  I'm excited, and at the same time hope I don't miss any future MAC releases.  Not sure what collections are coming out around that time, but I know I won't be able to stalk the site!  girlhaha.gif

post #3890 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post

Makes me sad. I've never even touched my lavender whip (aside from a hand swatch) or my go for it.

 

I have it from a very reliable source that your Lavender Whip wants a loving new home whistle.gif greengrin.gif

 

Purple cremesheens are always welcome in Chez Buick.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

jawdrop.gifholysheep.gif I am nearly finished with one of my Go For Its and I just recently opened my second Lavender Whip. My first one plopped on the bathroom floor of my office, so I threw it out and cried. How are you resisting such beautiful purples? What is your secret? I need to know.shrugs.gif

 

I missed Go For It but I was able to track it down on eBay. Swatches don't do it justice, such a wonderful shade.

post #3891 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifae View Post

 

Thank you! Let's hope so!

 

 

 

Thanks, MACerette!

 

 

 

Thank you! I'm 28 weeks pregnant.  I'm due on March 31st (my birthday)!  I'm excited, and at the same time hope I don't miss any future MAC releases.  Not sure what collections are coming out around that time, but I know I won't be able to stalk the site!  girlhaha.gif

Congrats! I have a march baby. She'll be 2 on the 5th. Is this your first and do you know what your having yet? Sorry have to ask. Take it easy and enjoy any quiet time you can get. Oh and sleep too. ;)

post #3892 of 4811

All Women Quad is amazing eyelove.gif. Liba was right, if cool toned colors don't work with your skin tone give this quad a try ;) I used it today for the first time and I'm in love.. I don't need my naked 2 palette anymore, I gave it to my daughter Whoot whoot (she is happy).

post #3893 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

It's a bright sunny day! So i attempted to take some photos! I hope this gives some idea of Lust and Grid, both from the mid-90s. Lust is very frosty pale lilac, Grid has a warm violet base with blue sheen.

 

Grid is in a silver bullet, and it turns out it's actually still OK. Lust is a bit older, in a FLAT TOPPED tube, and is rancid. I also put on both lipsticks. Since Lust has gone bad, i put on Prep+Prime Lip first, took my terrible photo, then wiped it off immediately afterwards.

 

 

Lust on the left; Grid on the right, swatched on my inner arm - my very first swatch photo! You can see Grid's blue sheen toward the top of the swatch.

 

 

Since i'm using a camera, i cannot see how things look when i point the lens at myself, so please excuse the terrible lip photos, but at least you can see Grid's blue sheen.

Love your swatches and your willingness to wear a rancid lippy to educate all of us...Have you ever considered sending a sample of your museumized lippies to Three Custom Color and have them make a dupe for you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

I would love if MAC would make some more purples in matte and amplified finishes. My favorite finishes.

 

YES YES YES

post #3894 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by looovemac View Post

All Women Quad is amazing eyelove.gif. Liba was right, if cool toned colors don't work with your skin tone give this quad a try ;) I used it today for the first time and I'm in love.. I don't need my naked 2 palette anymore, I gave it to my daughter Whoot whoot (she is happy).

I'm gonna pick up All Woman tomorrow when I get paid. I have the Naked 2 as well and really like it. I don't think I'll get rid of it though as I don't have what I feel is enough nice eyeshadows. 

post #3895 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur359 View Post
If you decide to I bet you'll have no trouble unloading them. I wonder why there is no lavender perm lippie other than asian flower ss (which is on my to get list for spring).

 

I am sad that Asian Flower goes fuchsia on me, and that doesn't look good. I do wear it from time to time in the summer, but it frustrates me. I may play with P+P Lip and maybe a powder to try to keep it from turning pink.

 

(edited to correct typo)


Edited by lilinah - 1/10/13 at 4:37pm
post #3896 of 4811

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulbasaur359 View Post

Congrats! I have a march baby. She'll be 2 on the 5th. Is this your first and do you know what your having yet? Sorry have to ask. Take it easy and enjoy any quiet time you can get. Oh and sleep too. ;)


Thanks!  I'm having a girl... my 3rd (and hopefully last) one.  I already have an 8 year old and a 3 year old.  I was actually supposed to be on Mirena when I found out (surprise!), but it's all good as children are always a blessing.  Is it too early to plan what makeup I need to take with me to the hospital?  girlhaha.gif

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

 

I am sad that Asian Flower goes fuchsia on me, and that doesn't look good. I do ear it from time to time in the summer, but it frustrates me. I may play with P+P Lip and maybe a powder to try to keep it from turning pink.

 

I need to try Asian Flower!

post #3897 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifae View Post


Thanks!  I'm having a girl... my 3rd (and hopefully last) one.  I already have an 8 year old and a 3 year old.  I was actually supposed to be on Mirena when I found out (surprise!), but it's all good as children are always a blessing.  Is it too early to plan what makeup I need to take with me to the hospital?  girlhaha.gif

 

 

 

 

I need to try Asian Flower!

Not at all.  I did my face before I went to the hospital.  LOL

post #3898 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur359 View Post

I'm gonna pick up All Woman tomorrow when I get paid. I have the Naked 2 as well and really like it. I don't think I'll get rid of it though as I don't have what I feel is enough nice eyeshadows. 


I'm sure you'll love it too! I don't reach for Naked 2 often, since I have the first naked palette and I love it, and tons of mac 15 eye shadow palettes with neutral colors.. so I figured she'll experiment with nice shadows and I'm sure you can tell that I'm trying to pass the addiction on.. girlhaha.gif I need someone to shop with me graucho.gif lol

post #3899 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifae View Post


Thanks!  I'm having a girl... my 3rd (and hopefully last) one.  I already have an 8 year old and a 3 year old.  I was actually supposed to be on Mirena when I found out (surprise!), but it's all good as children are always a blessing.  Is it too early to plan what makeup I need to take with me to the hospital?  girlhaha.gif

 

 

 

 

I need to try Asian Flower!

How exciting. I didn't wear makeup in the hospital. I had a scheduled c-section as my daughter was almost 10 lbs. Then I got all nervous from the post partum hormones. At least you've done it before and know what to expect. Does it get easier with the next  one?

post #3900 of 4811
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirlDoc View Post

Not at all.  I did my face before I went to the hospital.  LOL


Wow, I am just imagining trying to put on mascara and timing it between the labor pains.  I would definitely have to include make up in the little bag I packed to go to the hospital for when labor sets in, because I wouldn't want hubby trying to rummage through my stash and bring me make up at the hospital.  He just wouldn't have a clue and nothing would synchronize, plus I would not have enough for a full face.  Actually, I usually have enough make up at any given time in my purse in case I cry it off or have an accident and need to do a touch up because I am too self conscious of my complexion to walk around bare faced.

 

nanaparty.gif Congrats to Jennifae on your little girlie and when is she due?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)