or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012) - Page 21

post #601 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantmacabre View Post


I was at the bay today and the girl at Mac said the stores were getting the collection on boxing day but at the bay they weren't...

 

thanks! at least i know where to focus my energies! it's too bad it won't be at the bay. the bays around here have some very helpful muas at their counters.

 

unfortunately i think my store doesn't do holds anymore, so i will have to stalk the website...!

post #602 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post

I've decided that those promo pics were seriously bad news for me.  Ever since seeing them, I check online about 15 times a day to see if I can find any swatches!  Obsessed much?  Lol.  I feel like hanging my head in shame.

 

Don't feel bad. If you find swatches, then you'll share them here. That's good for all of us. You're doing us a service.

post #603 of 1818

My "dreams".....LOL

 

Sarah: "PROJECT HW  -> Making Pretty????

Sarah: ONLINE ONLY"

 

Sarah: DUO À DEUX -> Brow Collection (Brow Duos) ????

 

Sarah: "GLAMOUR VIOLET -> TT ???

Sarah: ONLINE ONLY"

post #604 of 1818
The lavender lippy looks brownish in the promo. Not Lavender at all. I was hoping for a lavender version of Restrict. cry.gif It was the thing I was most excited about. Darn!
Everything else looks gorg though! love.gif but I'm pretty much biased by my anything in the purple family obsession. I wish they would come up with an all purple quad with all new shades!
post #605 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Do the collex have different names over the pond?

Not normally...
post #606 of 1818

I'm pretty sure that most of the products are shown in the picture we saw before

http://www.beautyscene.nl/p/71503/macs_elke_doet_verslag_van_nyfw_aw_2012_-_dag_3_en_4

The first 2 and the last 1 mattene look like they are pink/purple toned, some of the eyeshadows, the lipglasses and the fluidlines.  Sadly it doesn't seem like the blushes are shown.

post #607 of 1818

So, apparently the UK isn't getting this collection?

 

Would anyone be willing to do a CP for me for the quad?  PM me please, thanks!

post #608 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dynamite View Post

I'm pretty sure that most of the products are shown in the picture we saw before
http://www.beautyscene.nl/p/71503/macs_elke_doet_verslag_van_nyfw_aw_2012_-_dag_3_en_4
The first 2 and the last 1 mattene look like they are pink/purple toned, some of the eyeshadows, the lipglasses and the fluidlines.  Sadly it doesn't seem like the blushes are shown.


Hmmm I doubt it, none of the lipglasses are anything like revenge is sweet or perky, plus the lippes don't look vivid purple Or lilac.
post #609 of 1818
I don't think TT is in that picture either all the colors look pretty neutral
post #610 of 1818

From looking at the picture, it seems like the first Mattene could be Seductive Intent, the second, I'm almost positive is Nocturnal Instincts, and the one all the way on the end is possibly Night Blooming, the lipglass near the middle looks like it could be Good Times, I also see Carbon eyeshadow and one of the navy blues, and 2 of the fluidlines are definitely Waveline and Macroviolet, it's just really hard to see some of the colors cause of the way the lighting is, and I'm mostly basing this all on the promo pics and the fact that somebody said Nocturnal Instincts looks like Snob, which that Mattene does.

post #611 of 1818

the blushes look .like the ones in style seeker.  everything looks like its from that collection. 

post #612 of 1818

I called and confirmed that my Macy's is having the Black Friday preview. The SA said all Macy's should be doing it, but I wanted to make sure. She didn't know if the entire collection would be available during the preview. I'm still getting all of the Mattenes and Waveline Fluidline. I'll decide the Lipglasses after I see them.

post #613 of 1818

so is this another mac online only exclusive when it releases?    ~shakes fists~

post #614 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

so is this another mac online only exclusive when it releases?    ~shakes fists~


No, I think only Stength and Grey Friday are exclusives. Taste Temptations should be available everywhere when it's released. I'm just going to the Black Friday preview to get it early.

post #615 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdad81 View Post

This maybe like Iris Apfel and is mac store exclusive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdad81 View Post

This maybe like Iris Apfel and is mac store exclusive!
I already played with the mattenes in my Macys so...
post #616 of 1818
I'll be honest people these mattenes dont seem 2b as "messy" as my Eden Rouge... E R is just a complete hassle to apply as it sooo creamy n often ends up wasted on the side of the tube and my hands... I most definitely need to pick up the 320 brush... These colors seemed to have slightly more drag which helps application but a lipbrush wouldn't hurt... Jus' sayin smiles.gif
post #617 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcrush View Post

I'll be honest people these mattenes dont seem 2b as "messy" as my Eden Rouge... E R is just a complete hassle to apply as it sooo creamy n often ends up wasted on the side of the tube and my hands... I most definitely need to pick up the 320 brush... These colors seemed to have slightly more drag which helps application but a lipbrush wouldn't hurt... Jus' sayin smiles.gif

So they were a little dryer? I don't have Eden Rouge, but Fashion Nomad, and all the darker mattenes from last year are pretty soft - I just sort of lightly pat a thin layer on bottom then top lip, then go back in with a little more of a swipe and that gives me good coverage that isn't messy with them. 

post #618 of 1818

Weird, I've never had any problems applying Eden Rouge and I never use a lip brush to apply it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcrush View Post

I'll be honest people these mattenes dont seem 2b as "messy" as my Eden Rouge... E R is just a complete hassle to apply as it sooo creamy n often ends up wasted on the side of the tube and my hands... I most definitely need to pick up the 320 brush... These colors seemed to have slightly more drag which helps application but a lipbrush wouldn't hurt... Jus' sayin smiles.gif
post #619 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

 

thanks! at least i know where to focus my energies! it's too bad it won't be at the bay. the bays around here have some very helpful muas at their counters.

 

unfortunately i think my store doesn't do holds anymore, so i will have to stalk the website...!


I was at my Bay today and she said they were getting it but not until after Christmas. She said the moved the date back so they can sell more Glamour Daze.

post #620 of 1818

Sing it sister singer82! I agree with everything you have said. I want my lavenders to be just that lavender, no pink in them at all. Same with most of my purples. I want purples, not brown, pink or anything else. Is it really that hard MAC, is it? To give us purple addicts what we crave????censored.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82 View Post

The lavender lippy looks brownish in the promo. Not Lavender at all. I was hoping for a lavender version of Restrict. cry.gif It was the thing I was most excited about. Darn!
Everything else looks gorg though! love.gif but I'm pretty much biased by my anything in the purple family obsession. I wish they would come up with an all purple quad with all new shades!
post #621 of 1818

700Now this is how a grey-lavender lipstick should look.th_drool.gif Come on MAC! I want NEED THIS COLORED LIPPIE NOW!!!!!! I also love the eyeshadow look. I would love a quad with different finishes and shades of purples like this picture.

post #622 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

700Now this is how a grey-lavender lipstick should look.th_drool.gif Come on MAC! I want NEED THIS COLORED LIPPIE NOW!!!!!! I also love the eyeshadow look. I would love a quad with different finishes and shades of purples like this picture.

      th_drool.gif

post #623 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

700Now this is how a grey-lavender lipstick should look.th_drool.gif Come on MAC! I want NEED THIS COLORED LIPPIE NOW!!!!!! I also love the eyeshadow look. I would love a quad with different finishes and shades of purples like this picture.


I love these colours!!))

post #624 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

700Now this is how a grey-lavender lipstick should look.th_drool.gif Come on MAC! I want NEED THIS COLORED LIPPIE NOW!!!!!! I also love the eyeshadow look. I would love a quad with different finishes and shades of purples like this picture.

That's indeed a GORGEOUS lipstick! drools.gif You know the name of it OctoberViolet? I would seriously buy that one in a heartbeat!

post #625 of 1818

Unfortunately, I don't. I will try to do some detective work.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post

That's indeed a GORGEOUS lipstick! drools.gif You know the name of it OctoberViolet? I would seriously buy that one in a heartbeat!

post #626 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

Unfortunately, I don't. I will try to do some detective work.

 

Aww, what a pity .. Thanks for trying to find out tho! bouquet.gif

post #627 of 1818

OUT of TOPIC

 

 girls have you seen the blue collection from inglot??? i may get them all. 

Inglot+pacific+blue+collection.jpg

 

 

here is the video i found on youtube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeBnBRMchmE 

the lippies are $12 

 

 

i found some swatches: http://barwy-wojenne.blogspot.com/2012/07/inglot-kolekcja-pacific-blue-pomadki.html

post #628 of 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

700Now this is how a grey-lavender lipstick should look.th_drool.gif Come on MAC! I want NEED THIS COLORED LIPPIE NOW!!!!!! I also love the eyeshadow look. I would love a quad with different finishes and shades of purples like this picture.

beautiful! would love that....

post #629 of 1818
Nordstrom Mac isn't gonna carrying this collection ssad.gif
post #630 of 1818
that's what I heard too ;( major boo!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)