or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 96

post #2851 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

I love this look and your skin looks great!

Thank You much bouquet.gif

post #2852 of 3266

Just saw a Mac # 165 available on Ebay for $65 (almost double the original price) plus $4.95 S&H fee if you are interested

post #2853 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbs View Post

Just saw a Mac # 165 available on Ebay for $65 (almost double the original price) plus $4.95 S&H fee if you are interested
$65 wow, will wait for mac to repromote and get 2 for the price of 1
post #2854 of 3266

Exactly my thoughts, lol

post #2855 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Just on the cheeks, but my cheeks are really what need the most color balancing, due to freckles and uneveness. I wouldn't want to wear it anywhere else - it's not really like an MSF or highlighter on me, just a super subtle blush that enhances rather than gives a lot of color.

Turns out I have to use AG with a light hand or it looks weird and too pasty.  Not ashy, but almost like my skin is dry or having some type of rash attack.  Kinda how it looks when I have a rosacea flare up.  

post #2856 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

 

No 165.  Here's what they have:

 

 

129 / 129SH: $24 ea.

130: $29.50

136: $43.50

179: $35.50 (body buffer)

183: $28 (white hair)

189: $29.50

205: $12.25

234: $15.75

311: $12:25

318: $15.75

 

 

I never asked.  I can call them on Monday and find out.  If not, I can do a CP for you.  I purchased one this evening for a CP, so now there's 3 left.

Yazmin, is that the duo fibre 130?

post #2857 of 3266

I wore hot chocolate with nightmoth.  loved the vampy 90's lip it created.  

post #2858 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

 

No 165.  Here's what they have:

 

 

129 / 129SH: $24 ea.

130: $29.50

136: $43.50

179: $35.50 (body buffer)

183: $28 (white hair)

189: $29.50

205: $12.25

234: $15.75

311: $12:25

318: $15.75

 

 

I never asked.  I can call them on Monday and find out.  If not, I can do a CP for you.  I purchased one this evening for a CP, so now there's 3 left.

Yazmin, is that the duo fibre 130?

 

Yep.

post #2859 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey C View Post

 

Ah, ok. For me, the fan brush isn't really a specialty brush; I reach for it every couple of days and it's made wearing some of my products possible.

The fan brush picks up so much less product that I don't have to blend very much at all. I drag the brush backwards and forwards across the surface of the blush/MSF and then sweep it across my cheekbone (sort of on an angle if I don't want it to be as wide). I might blend very slightly with the tips, but it's easily done (and I'm no expert).

I tried it yesterday w/Chanel's Poudre Illuminatrice and it worked!  Thank you Audrey C   thmbup.gif

post #2860 of 3266

Anyone have any looks using Fireside?

post #2861 of 3266

I got Amber Glow AND Porcelain Pink today! Yay! flower.gif
 

post #2862 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Of Nine View Post

Winter Pursuit on the lid, brown with Double Feature #5 - crease, Obscura - outer corner, liner - BB Graphite Shimmer Ink.

Cheeks - Amber Glow

 

 

You are gorgeous!

 

 
Quote:

 

Compared to many Specktra peeps I have a pathetic amount of MSF's, but I am building on them.

 

I have (not including beauty powders and EDSF's)

- Soft and Gentle

- Lightscapade

- Pearl

- Blonde

- Redhead

- Light Year

- Star Wonder

- Center of the Universe

- Earthshine (yes, I caved in the end, and it proved to be usable too)

- Stereo Rose

- Porcelain Pink,

 

Must... reach ... for the others... more... sigh.gif

Nooo, your collection sounds amazables!!! I only have the SR and PP MSF!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey C View Post

SR feels custom made for my colouring - that's a nice treat when even neutral colours typically run too cool for me. :)

I don't wear it as blush (too metallic that way), but it's absolutely divine applied with a fan brush over NARS Deep Throat or Warm Soul. th_e2cloud9.gif

I have been wearing SR very lightly as a blush with AG on top. I am NC25 and I thought it was working just fine on me. I wonder now if it is looking frosty and I just cant tell :P

 

Thanks for the fan brush tip. I am going to try that tomorrow. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle79 View Post
My two new babies arrived today! th_DANCE.gif

 

HA & HC!

 

 

 

 

I'm really liking HC, here w/o gloss:

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

with a dab of clear lipglass:

 

AppleMark

 

I forgot to take a pic of me in HA. It's really nothing special on me.

 

 

 

But HC looks spectacular on you!

post #2863 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCchick43 View Post

Anyone have any looks using Fireside?

look - like on the promo pics

post #2864 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

You are gorgeous!

 

Gracias bouquet.gif

post #2865 of 3266

I've had some time to play around with some of my Apres Chic goodies and so far I'm really liking Stereo Rose. I got one with plenty of gold veining, and I've been wearing it as a blush.

 

Apres Chic is a great color, but definitely in the same vein as Viva Glam Cyndi on me. Though I do love its creamy texture. Apres Chic is like a dream Cremesheen, it's so buttery to apply.

 

I've tried Hot Chocolate on, but haven't experimented with any looks. It's definitely a unique color, and I'm glad it doesn't pull too brown on me.

 

Haute Altitude doesn't seem to want to last too long on me. I've only worn it once, so I'm going to give it a few more rounds, but it seems to only want to stick around for about 2 hours on my lips before fading. I tried it with Hip n Happy lip liner, so perhaps next time I experiment with it, I'll try it without a liner.

 

I got Warm Companion, too, but I've only swatched it on my hand. I think it's vastly underrated, it has such a gorgeous goldy sheen, that I think would look lovely on its own or on top of another color.

post #2866 of 3266

I got hold of an Apres Chic thanks to a very nice Specktraette (thank you again!) and I really love it on!

post #2867 of 3266
I have to say on my nc15/20 skin, amber glow is seriously the prettiest natural blush! I have been wearing it every day, it's a perfect no makeup blush with just a little sparkle. The only blush I've ever thought about backing up.
post #2868 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post

I got hold of an Apres Chic thanks to a very nice Specktraette (thank you again!) and I really love it on!

Yes!!! pompom.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Of Nine View Post

Gracias bouquet.gif

De nada 

post #2869 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post

I got hold of an Apres Chic thanks to a very nice Specktraette (thank you again!) and I really love it on!

 

Yay!!!! I'm so excited that you got it.cheerleader.gif

post #2870 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayah View Post

So, should I get Apres chic l/s? I'm NW10, practically see through with very little natural pigment in my lips. I'm worried it would be like a bright orange stopsign on my face.
 

 

I am NW15 with very little pigment in my lips. Apres Chic l/s looked too orangish on me so I passed. Plus it reminded me of a lipstick my mom wore my entire childhood. lol

post #2871 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

I have been wearing SR very lightly as a blush with AG on top. I am NC25 and I thought it was working just fine on me. I wonder now if it is looking frosty and I just cant tell :P

 

Thanks for the fan brush tip. I am going to try that tomorrow. 

 

I'm sure it's gorgeous on you. I'm older than you, so I'm more conscious of how shimmery/metallic looks appear on my skin now that I'm starting to line around the eyes and because of enlarged pores on my cheeks (courtesy of oily skin since my teens). As blush, Stereo Rose kind of reminds me of NARS Orgasm, only less overtly gold. I love both shades but don't care for a metallic finish on me anymore, so I apply them with a very light hand. :)

 

My SR has very little gold veining; it's virtually all coral. I'm glad about that. My Light Year has a ton; I wish I'd been able to get one with less gold.

post #2872 of 3266

On me Stereo Rose is much oranger than NARS Orgasm. I like shimmer but i skipped Orgasm because i thought it looked a bit too much. I do wear NARS Deep Throat. Most oranges most places on me face are not so good, so i skip lipsticks, blushes, and MSFs that will be too orange. I wear pinky peaches on my lips, because they lean slightly cool, but not true oranges. I do wear oranges on my eyelids, but that's about it.

 

I got Porcelain Pink, which is great on me - it's a cool pink with warm shimmer, and i have neutral skin tone, so it works well.

 

I'm seriously planning to re-test Amber Glow, which i only tested on my arm, based on all the positive comments i'm reading here - i just haven't been back to my local MAC in a couple weeks. I hope they still have it!

post #2873 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

On me Stereo Rose is much oranger than NARS Orgasm. I like shimmer but i skipped Orgasm because i thought it looked a bit too much. I do wear NARS Deep Throat. Most oranges most places on me face are not so good, so i skip lipsticks, blushes, and MSFs that will be too orange. I wear pinky peaches on my lips, because they lean slightly cool, but not true oranges. I do wear oranges on my eyelids, but that's about it.

 

I got Porcelain Pink, which is great on me - it's a cool pink with warm shimmer, and i have neutral skin tone, so it works well.

 

I'm seriously planning to re-test Amber Glow, which i only tested on my arm, based on all the positive comments i'm reading here - i just haven't been back to my local MAC in a couple weeks. I hope they still have it!

It's on the MAC web site now.th_happy1.gif

post #2874 of 3266
I like hot chocolate...it's like my lips but better smiles.gif
post #2875 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

My favorite powder is Careblend. It's the only one that doesn't feel heavy and coating on my dry skin and it's got a radiant finish without being showy-glowy. It evens out my skin without looking like I'm wearing powder. It doesn't crease up if I apply it under the eyes, either. The Careblend bronzer from a couple years ago was amazing too - I really hope MAC does something about bringing those back and just generally keeping Careblend's profile high. Discontinuing the MCLPs has gotten me all worried about Careblend now.

 

I'm not much of a concealer person, but I am very happy with the Mineralize one. It's the only one moist enough to not crease or bunch up under my eyes and it does a good job of concealing everything I need (although I don't mind a few freckles, I do have a couple of age spots near my eyes I like to erase). The other good thing about it is it has caffeine in it, so it depuffs me. Combining it with P&P Vibrancy Eye gives serious depuff-o-rama.

 

I do think Amber Glow is a particularly great blush for the no makeup look for me - wearing it, I really don't need to bother with a full face of powder. Just a little of it takes my face to the next level. I've never backed up a blush in my life, but I'm actually considering it for AG and maybe Alpine Bronze. If you took away all my other blushes and left me AG, I'd be ok with it.

I bought careblend tonite.  I loved how it just evened everything out.   Thanks Liba. Hopefully I won't get any breakouts. 

post #2876 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey C View Post

I'm sure it's gorgeous on you. I'm older than you, so I'm more conscious of how shimmery/metallic looks appear on my skin now that I'm starting to line around the eyes and because of enlarged pores on my cheeks (courtesy of oily skin since my teens). As blush, Stereo Rose kind of reminds me of NARS Orgasm, only less overtly gold. I love both shades but don't care for a metallic finish on me anymore, so I apply them with a very light hand. :)

 

My SR has very little gold veining; it's virtually all coral. I'm glad about that. My Light Year has a ton; I wish I'd been able to get one with less gold.

 

Mine does have little gold veining too, perhaps that's the reason I liked it. I do like Orgasm over SR tho.  I am 33 BTW, I am not so sure how much older you are but I am sure you can pretty much rock anything.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

On me Stereo Rose is much oranger than NARS Orgasm. I like shimmer but i skipped Orgasm because i thought it looked a bit too much. I do wear NARS Deep Throat. Most oranges most places on me face are not so good, so i skip lipsticks, blushes, and MSFs that will be too orange. I wear pinky peaches on my lips, because they lean slightly cool, but not true oranges. I do wear oranges on my eyelids, but that's about it.

 

I got Porcelain Pink, which is great on me - it's a cool pink with warm shimmer, and i have neutral skin tone, so it works well.

 

I'm seriously planning to re-test Amber Glow, which i only tested on my arm, based on all the positive comments i'm reading here - i just haven't been back to my local MAC in a couple weeks. I hope they still have it!

I got PP too and have not even opened it. I kinda want to use it tomorrow now :D

post #2877 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

I bought careblend tonite.  I loved how it just evened everything out.   Thanks Liba. Hopefully I won't get any breakouts. 

Which color did you get?

 

I've been fine with it so far and I can get cystic breakouts around that time of the month if I'm not careful. It's much gentler on my skin than MSFN. Keep us posted on how it's working out.

post #2878 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsten View Post

 

I am NW15 with very little pigment in my lips. Apres Chic l/s looked too orangish on me so I passed. Plus it reminded me of a lipstick my mom wore my entire childhood. lol

 

Great, thanks for answering! dance.gifI'll stick with my V.G. Cyndi and Cockney.

post #2879 of 3266

Inspiration - Winter Pursuit on the lid & co ;)
 

 

post #2880 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Of Nine View Post

Inspiration - Winter Pursuit on the lid & co ;)
 

 

 

Pretty colors....nice blending

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)