or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 26

post #751 of 3266

That must be a mistake.

 

I think.

I hope.

 

But prices are really insane - weren't the Naturally MES 20€? Now they're 21,50€. A CP starts to look really good.

post #752 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post

Swatches of a balm and a liner:

 

- Honi

 

If the prices on Karrie's blog are correct, I won't buy any of the balms here, I'm not paying 21,50 Euro for it. Tendertones were 15 Euro I think, lipglasses are 17, I don't see why those balms are that much more expensive.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

Ugh €21,50 blink.gif I'm thinking about asking for a cp.. for Après Chic and Strength. But I need way more swatches to decide what I want.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

21,50 €.....that is really VERY much icon_eek.gif

 

I can not remember how much the lipgelees were but I am sure that they were cheaper and they have more content.

 

OT: I want Go for It and CYY as lipgelees th_e2cloud9.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

icon_eek.gif....I just noticed that the # 287 costs as much as the # 187!

 

werd.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri View Post

That must be a mistake.

 

I think.

I hope.

 

But prices are really insane - weren't the Naturally MES 20€? Now they're 21,50€. A CP starts to look really good.

 

Whoa! icon_eek.gif

 

MAC is really pushing it with its European prices ssad.gif

post #753 of 3266

uhm I don't know how much lip balms will be here, but I guess Mes, lipsticks and Co. should have the same price as permanent products.. I mean:
MES: 22,50 euro (-_____-)
MSF: 29,50
Mineralize blush: 25,50 
Lipsticks: 18,50 

187 brush: 47 euro ( i'm not going to buy 287 but if it costs as much as 187 it's a shame!)

these are Italian prices -________-

post #754 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post

Swatches of a balm and a liner:

 

- Honi

 

If the prices on Karrie's blog are correct, I won't buy any of the balms here, I'm not paying 21,50 Euro for it. Tendertones were 15 Euro I think, lipglasses are 17, I don't see why those balms are that much more expensive.

 

She says that the only problem with the balm is that it is really thick > she really has to squeeze to get it out. She does not like how much moist it gives to her lips (?) but she likes the shine it gives and the way it sits on her lips.

 

And the liner stays put!

 

Our normal price for l/s is 19 Euros and MES 23 Euros. Don't want to pay more!

post #755 of 3266

Hi MRV,


The prices of MAC products definitely seemed to have gone up. Even in Scandinavia where I live.

post #756 of 3266

Are there more swatches of the lipsticks and new lip balms? huh2.gif

post #757 of 3266

Tx for the link mel890! Hot Chocolate looks so brown in the pic, but...if it's suppose to be more of a plum shade I am still getting it. Warm Companion looks interesting also. I need more swatches to make a decision.

 

post #758 of 3266
ok so my list is -cozy up lipstick -haute attitude lipstick -alpine bronze bush hopefully these work on my skintone the way i want them to
post #759 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post

 

She says that the only problem with the balm is that it is really thick > she really has to squeeze to get it out. She does not like how much moist it gives to her lips (?) but she likes the shine it gives and the way it sits on her lips.

 

And the liner stays put!

 

Our normal price for l/s is 19 Euros and MES 23 Euros. Don't want to pay more!

She says that it doesn´t moisture the lips enough.

post #760 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOTD-Fanny View Post

She says that it doesn´t moisture the lips enough.

 

That's what I understood from the google translation, too.

post #761 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasperadastra View Post

uhm I don't know how much lip balms will be here, but I guess Mes, lipsticks and Co. should have the same price as permanent products.. I mean:
MES: 22,50 euro (-_____-)
MSF: 29,50
Mineralize blush: 25,50 
Lipsticks: 18,50 

187 brush: 47 euro ( i'm not going to buy 287 but if it costs as much as 187 it's a shame!)

these are Italian prices -________-

In Italy you have Kiko ( so do we ) and what a great brand, for some products it is better than MAC in fact.

I am not a M.A.C addict, I love many brands  here too M.A.C is more and more expensive...

I often pick up the M.A.C lipsticks, I very often skip on the rest except for some LE editions.

My haul at Kiko was something and I don't regret at all, their products are very good and pigments too even if yes I prefer my Burberry Military Red, my Offshoot lipstick from M.A.C or my Chanel blushes.

post #762 of 3266

So since TT's counter release date is 12/13, the online release date was 12/6, and it actually popped up online on 12/2, what are we thinking for the online release for this collection?  Do you think it will actually release both online and in stores on 12/26 since the day after Christmas is a day chosen for a specific reason?  Or do you think it will pop up online sooner?  If it comes online as early as TT did, we can expect to see it as early as this Saturday. 

 

Personally, I'm thinking we'll have to wait until 12/26, even online, but maybe we're on Santa's nice list and he'll treat us to an early release?  angelic.gif

post #763 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique33 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasperadastra View Post

uhm I don't know how much lip balms will be here, but I guess Mes, lipsticks and Co. should have the same price as permanent products.. I mean:

MES: 22,50 euro (-_____-)

MSF: 29,50

Mineralize blush: 25,50 

Lipsticks: 18,50 
187 brush: 47 euro ( i'm not going to buy 287 but if it costs as much as 187 it's a shame!)


these are Italian prices -________-
In Italy you have Kiko ( so do we ) and what a great brand, for some products it is better than MAC in fact.
I am not a M.A.C addict, I love many brands  here too M.A.C is more and more expensive...
I often pick up the M.A.C lipsticks, I very often skip on the rest except for some LE editions.
My haul at Kiko was something and I don't regret at all, their products are very good and pigments too even if yes I prefer my Burberry Military Red, my Offshoot lipstick from M.A.C or my Chanel blushes.

The price of MAC in Italy is ridiculous. I was in Rome over the Thansgiving break and popped into the store by Piazza di Spagna. The crushed metallic pigments from GD were 40 euro! Right now that's the equivalent of $52!
post #764 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasperadastra View Post
although the swatches we have seen are not accurate, I guess I may prefer Fireside to frost at midnight.. and I may like Nice & simple lip balm!

 

I got to test them yesterday and Fireside is REALLY nice.

post #765 of 3266

My favorite MUA at my local MAC was holding stuff for me. So I went in yesterday when she said she'd be there, but she wasn't (she is now moved around to various shops in the area), and the MUA on duty said there will be NO pre-selling of Strength or Apres Chic! I did get to test almost everything in Strength and Apres Chic.

 

I forget to test all the AC lipsticks. I did test Hot Chocolate and loved it - it isn't brown and it isn't plum... i dunno... it's broum or plown...

 

And i narrowed down my list of Balms to one.

 

The AC e/s were way more beautiful than i thought they'd be. I don't want them all, but they're all great. Liba's review was spot on about the e/s.

 

I'm freaking out. I mean, what the heck, it's "only" makeup. But still... Sigh. "My" MUA is supposed to be there today, so i'm going to go back to check.

 

And what is up with MAC sending out so little product and not making enough of clearly popular items? It's one thing if some items sell out in the first couple days on-line, but it's crazy when it sells out in the first hour. Wouldn't they make more money by making a little more product?

post #766 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post


The price of MAC in Italy is ridiculous. I was in Rome over the Thansgiving break and popped into the store by Piazza di Spagna. The crushed metallic pigments from GD were 40 euro! Right now that's the equivalent of $52!

Clearly it's a shame ! th_confused_new.gif and not acceptable !

post #767 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post

So since TT's counter release date is 12/13, the online release date was 12/6, and it actually popped up online on 12/2, what are we thinking for the online release for this collection?  Do you think it will actually release both online and in stores on 12/26 since the day after Christmas is a day chosen for a specific reason?  Or do you think it will pop up online sooner?  If it comes online as early as TT did, we can expect to see it as early as this Saturday. 

 

Personally, I'm thinking we'll have to wait until 12/26, even online, but maybe we're on Santa's nice list and he'll treat us to an early release?  angelic.gif

 

Usually, the collections that have come out on the 26th have been the most reliable in terms of them coming out exactly on that date everywhere, but they have occasionally released them a week early, so there's no harm in hoping...

post #768 of 3266

Does anyone know what the price point will be for US??? hmm.gif After reading the reviews..the MES, Lipsticks, Balms, and of course SR MSF are on my list but it would be nice to know what the price points will be.

post #769 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieran View Post

Hi MRV,


The prices of MAC products definitely seemed to have gone up. Even in Scandinavia where I live.

 

Hi! I think they've always been expensive here, only in rare cases a few items are more expensive in some other European countries.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOTD-Fanny View Post

She says that it doesn´t moisture the lips enough.

 

Sorry! I was in a hurry and read it wrong. fool.gif

post #770 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALivingDoll View Post

Does anyone know what the price point will be for US??? hmm.gif After reading the reviews..the MES, Lipsticks, Balms, and of course SR MSF are on my list but it would be nice to know what the price points will be.


The lipsticks should still be $15, MES and balms are $20, MSFs $28, and MBs $23.50. (If not that, then increase the price by 50 cents.)

post #771 of 3266

Balms are 20. So skipping. I really wanted to try them out too, but that's just too much for me personally for the product and for what it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarwen View Post


The lipsticks should still be $15, MES and balms are $20, MSFs $28, and MBs $23.50. (If not that, then increase the price by 50 cents.)

post #772 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post

 

Hi! I think they've always been expensive here, only in rare cases a few items are more expensive in some other European countries.

 

 

Sorry! I was in a hurry and read it wrong. fool.gif

No problem! :)

Are you swedish?

post #773 of 3266

Okay, narrowed down some choices and this should be my final list, unless swatches are really, really different than what we have heard per reviews and what I think products will look like based on color story and promo pix:  I gotta narrow some stuff down and the lippies are probably getting passed over b/c the MES sound gorgeous and they get priority:

 

Must Have:

Hot Chocolate lipstick

Nice & Simple, Rosy Romance lip balm thingies

Winter Pursuit, Silver Birch, Frost at Midnight, Fireside MES

Rich Experience, Night Trails PLW pencils

287 brush

 

Maybe: 

Apres Chic lipstick

287 BU

post #774 of 3266

mac_wishlist.gif frost at midnight mes

            silver birch mes

            amber glow blush

           stereo rose

             

 

***i may add more mes. 

post #775 of 3266

So, i went back to my local MAC shop today. "My" MUA was there, and she said, No Problem pre-ordering from Strength and from Apres Chic because they got a large amount of product! Whew! She said that it was the Taste Temptation collection they couldn't pre-sell because they'd only gotten 4 of each item. Since i had tested pretty much everything yesterday, she could put back most of what she had been holding for me from the two collections, because i had narrowed down what i wanted. AND i got to do that CP for a Specktralite, so I feel so much better now.

 

Lipsticks - nice range of varied colors

Hot Chocolate! Yesssss! I think it's a terrific color, lighter than most plums and not too plummy, with just a touch of brown, sort of the color of cocoa powder in the light.

Haute Altitude is a nice and very wearable pink, but it seems immanently dupe-able.

Cozy Up was not the brown i hoped it would be and was way too orange on me; i'm sure it will be different on other people.

Warm Companion was pretty - a frosty pale beige that would be nice to layer, but i just can't get everything i like

Après Chic I didn't test, since i don't wear red.

 

Mineralize Lip Balms - I don't know how they feel on the lips, but after testing them on my arm, i only ordered Nice & Simple. They're nice, they're also quite sheer and a bit expensive. I also liked Pure & Tender, which is very neutral, but i'm trying to keep the buying under control. If it hangs around i may get it next month. No doubt they're good for those who mostly just wear lip balm and sheer glosses.

 

MES are all absolutely beautiful - Liba's reviews were excellent. But if i get one - and i didn't bother to pre-order - it will be Silver Birch, which goes one as a warm beige with cool sparkle. I really like Frost at Midnight, which is very violet with a duochrome shimmer and a black undertone that doesn't make the color dull, and Fireside, which is warm plum purple with a turquoise-green sheen, but i gotta control myself.

 

I'm passing on:

-- eye liner pencils - i don't wear black or navy, i have enough teals and browns, and the violet one was kinda weak and dull.

-- MSFs - Pink Porcelain and Stereo Rose are truly lovely, but I have other MSFs in similar enough colors.

-- Mineralize Blushes - they're quite nice, of course; but I've got enough blushes i can't wear my way through and none stood out to me as extraordinary -- the way Unconventional did for me. BTW, Amber Glow was the one that looked so light in one of the swatch sets - it's a medium-light warm tan color. It's not that light on pale skin; it might work as a highlighter on darker skin if it's not chalky/ashy - it will need to be tested.

post #776 of 3266

Thanks Liba and Lilinah!

 

Makes me want to see swatches so bad...

 

tumbleweed.gif

post #777 of 3266

I want Stereo Rose. cry.gif

post #778 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOTD-Fanny View Post

No problem! :)

Are you swedish?


Oh no, not even a native speaker. I'm on the other side of the Gulf of Bothnia, but I have many relatives in Sweden (don't we all?).

post #779 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

I'm passing on:

-- eye liner pencils - i don't wear black or navy, i have enough teals and browns, and the violet one was kinda weak and dull.

-- MSFs - Pink Porcelain and Stereo Rose are truly lovely, but I have other MSFs in similar enough colors.

-- Mineralize Blushes - they're quite nice, of course; but I've got enough blushes i can't wear my way through and none stood out to me as extraordinary -- the way Unconventional did for me. BTW, Amber Glow was the one that looked so light in one of the swatch sets - it's a medium-light warm tan color. It's not that light on pale skin; it might work as a highlighter on darker skin if it's not chalky/ashy - it will need to be tested.

Me too.

post #780 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post


Oh no, not even a native speaker. I'm on the other side of the Gulf of Bothnia, but I have many relatives in Sweden (don't we all?).

I understand! :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)