or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012) - Page 31

post #901 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

i still don't know what I want...

i'm pretty sure the mes are what i want. probably not the lightest one though....

post #902 of 3266

Getting so impatient here. My local Nordies have not yet received this collection. I am tired of calling like a stalker!!! I have confirmed that three of the Macy's  in my area have the collection (still in boxes in their backroom ) with no testers available for swatching. Between my work schedule this week and getting ready for Orlando ( CCOs!!!) on Friday, it's gonna pretty tight. I dropped off my list at a Macy's counter after I wasted time to go see the collection in-person as promised and did not get that opportunity (too busy making current sales and grabbing my list for future sale opportunity). I read my MUA at Nordies my list with certain specifications ( MES veining) via phone but I do like to see, play and choose!!! I am so gonna miss her when she leaves Nordies next mth. Unfortunately with her relocating I see my future purchases, enthusiasm and loyalty diminishing significantly next year.

post #903 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughtyp View Post

what a bitch! that is why I go to Nordstroms they are always so nice there, I think I'm going to write a letter to the manager at nords to let him know that. the girls n guys at Mac Macy's are nice as well, but they don't get as much stock ( and my nords card also has a higher limit than my Macy's card lol). I barely ever go to the Mac store most of them are rude and spend too much time looking in the mirror to pay attention to customers.
I only ever got to go look in the back once, for Wonder Woman. I had got an email saying to come look ... maybe that's the key i dunno.
I sort of wish that I could go back to when I'd look in person before buying, but shit always sells out now!

 

I am very respectful when I talk to anyone at retail stores and I was planning on buying stuff. I had another question to ask her about a product, but she walked away so fast, I couldn't even ask her! I agree, my Mac at my Macy's is way nicer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisforluvrs View Post


How rude. I went to my Macys counter, and they didn't have testers ready to go but the SA told me that she would have them out by tomorrow. Hopefully I have time to go tomorrow so I can pre-order. She said that the collection is really beautiful, and that it will sell out quickly. She also said that she expects Stereo Rose to sell out before the launch in stores, so if you can, get your pre-order in NOW!

 

The rudeness was unnecessary, because I was just asking. I would have been fine if they just replied with a no respectfully, but she looked at me like I was asking her to cut off her head or something. It wasn't a big deal, so I just walked out. I was with a friend and she even acknowledged that it was uncalled for.

post #904 of 3266
ya I would be pissed if somone did that to me, that's why I said that. not because she said no, but because she walked away when u had another question and wanted to purchase something! I would have got another employee to help and leave a comment with them.
post #905 of 3266
I don't know what I want from this collection.
post #906 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique33 View Post

I don't know if close-ups have already been posted ?

 

http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/12/mac-spring-2013-apres-chic-collection-official-info-close-up-photos.html

 

SOURCE : Chic Profile


Thanks for posting the close ups! The eyeshadow the model is wearing is gorgeous! Could that one be Fireside? hmm.gif

post #907 of 3266

i only deal with the MAC at Nordstroms in my area...the other one is at Belk's and boy idk what it is but they are so dang on rude and not knowledgeable AT ALL on the things that they have. They try to just sell and tell you whatever and i hate that. 

post #908 of 3266

I really want to see a swatch of Hot Chocolate lipstick.

 

Are PP and SR MSF's worth it?  I'm kinda ish wanting them because of the fact they're so coveted but I don't use MSF's too much.

 

I dunno, maybe I would if I had them?  Are they worth it?

 

I have Lightscapade and Soft & Gentle and I have Superb & Whisper Of Guilt EDSF's.  Do I really need them?

 

EDIT: Actually.  In saying that, I think I'm mostly just tempted to get Stereo Rose.  Porcelain Pink doesn't look like it has much colour pay off.

post #909 of 3266

I'm debating Stereo Rose or Porcelain Pink since I have the Mineralized Sheersheen powder in Lucent, which looks mighty similar. I want to see a swatch of Haute Altitude to see if I can pull it off or not.

post #910 of 3266

OK so I went to my regular macys and they said that they could not take pre-orders for it so I called the one downtown and they said, but of course. Just come down and we will pre order for you!! Helllszzz yeah!! 

 

I got a Porcelain Pink, Stereo Rose and an Amber Glow (this one is sooo pretty)..  seriously cannot wait until I can pick it up. I also looked at the lippies and they look cute but I passed on all of them. I hope I don't regret it. 

post #911 of 3266
I am going to see if I can pre-order PP and SR. I need to see the eyeshadows and lipsticks in person before I make a decision.
post #912 of 3266
No I have both and would not rebuy either. PP doesn't have good color payoff and SR seems metallicy. I am nw20 BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist View Post

I really want to see a swatch of Hot Chocolate lipstick.

Are PP and SR MSF's worth it?  I'm kinda ish wanting them because of the fact they're so coveted but I don't use MSF's too much.

I dunno, maybe I would if I had them?  Are they worth it?

I have Lightscapade and Soft & Gentle and I have Superb & Whisper Of Guilt EDSF's.  Do I really need them?

EDIT: Actually.  In saying that, I think I'm mostly just tempted to get Stereo Rose.  Porcelain Pink doesn't look like it has much colour pay off.
post #913 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemu21 View Post

No I have both and would not rebuy either. PP doesn't have good color payoff and SR seems metallicy. I am nw20 BTW.

 

Thanks.  I'll probably just skip then and use the money for perm items, new pro palettes or something else.  I appreciate it.  :)

post #914 of 3266

I'm ready to get my goodies! C'mon MAC let me at them!! clapping.gif

post #915 of 3266

I posted this in strength already but let me post it in here:

 

So I went to a Pro store in North Park Mall (Dallas) and asked the MA about Strength and AC collections, and she said that she does have them and I can buy a giftcard in the amount of the products and she can set the items aside for me. She did however note that she couldn't show me the book or anything (SHRUGS), and she asked if I knew the products name *WHIPS OUT IPHONE TO GET ON SPECKTRA TO LOOK AT NAMES* lol. So I wrote down a list and she got my products for me from drawers in plain view (idk why she couldn't show me the drawers). I live 6 hours away, so she said she's able to ship it for $7, which is fine w me! Save me the anxiety from stalking the site. She said the collection is scheduled to be released on the 26th, so that's when she'll ship it to me. She did say that she wasn't sure if they'll release it a week before or not, and she said if it does she'll ship it then. 

 

I only ordered SR and PP from this collection. After reading that PP doesn't show up, I'm a little scared. I'm NC 30-35 for reference. I have Lightscapade, Light Year, Whisper or Guilt, and Superb already. Should I just change my order and get 2 SR instead? 

post #916 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemu21 View Post

No I have both and would not rebuy either. PP doesn't have good color payoff and SR seems metallicy. I am nw20 BTW.

I'm another person who feels like the MSFs are the least interesting thing to get from this collection. SR is not bad, but it is metallic and honestly, I think the big deal about it when it first came out was that at the time, there were so few bright cheek colors out there; so it seemed really unique. There are newer products out there nicer than PP, too. 

 

Personally, I'd rather only get brand new MSFs, since the newer formulas are much nicer for the most part, smoother and more subtle. The Heavenly Creatures and Semi-Precious ones were spectacular compared to these older ones.

 

You're better off spending the money on the blushes or more MES, if you want Mineralize things, or just saving it and wait for all the upcoming collections. 2cents.gif


Edited by liba - 12/16/12 at 9:58pm
post #917 of 3266
Just grabbing hot chocolate, rosy romance and the black and blue liners...keepin it small lol
post #918 of 3266

Looks like the collection is already out in Korea, it's on their website. Any korean Specktrettes here? Who might want to haul and swatch for us? poke.gif amuse.gif

post #919 of 3266
Still debating on getting hot chocolate, I'm a bit worried that it'll lean more brown than plum on me :/
post #920 of 3266

This is going to be a huge haul for me when it finally makes it here I think. At the moment I want all the lipsticks, balms, blushes and MES! Given what everyone's said about the MSFs I'll probably skip those, and as the eye pencils are perm I won't rush to decide about those. I still need to cut down though, and I can't do that until I see swatches!

post #921 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

I'm another person who feels like the MSFs are the least interesting thing to get from this collection. SR is not bad, but it is metallic and honestly, I think the big deal about it when it first came out was that at the time, there were so few bright cheek colors out there; so it seemed really unique. There are newer products out there nicer than PP, too. 

 

Personally, I'd rather only get brand new MSFs, since the newer formulas are much nicer for the most part, smoother and more subtle. The Heavenly Creatures and Semi-Precious ones were spectacular compared to these older ones.

 

You're better off spending the money on the blushes or more MES, if you want Mineralize things, or just saving it and wait for all the upcoming collections. 2cents.gif

so, I shouldn't feel weird or guilty if I'm not interested in Stereo Rose? :P

post #922 of 3266
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasperadastra View Post

so, I shouldn't feel weird or guilty if I'm not interested in Stereo Rose? :P
post #923 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasperadastra View Post

so, I shouldn't feel weird or guilty if I'm not interested in Stereo Rose? :P


Definitely not, I'm passing on it too.

post #924 of 3266
Thanks for the heads up about Northpark!
I was sure I wanted SR when I first heard about the collection but I realized I really haven't had good experiences with MSF or MES...still the MES look too pretty not to swatch...
Really hope the pro stores get the collection one week early...so wouldn't it be this week? Wow where has the time gone?
So far I just want Apres Chic L/s and the navy e/l and the MES depending on swatches...
post #925 of 3266
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungelly87 View Post

Thanks for the heads up about Northpark!
I was sure I wanted SR when I first heard about the collection but I realized I really haven't had good experiences with MSF or MES...still the MES look too pretty not to swatch...
Really hope the pro stores get the collection one week early...so wouldn't it be this week? Wow where has the time gone?
So far I just want Apres Chic L/s and the navy e/l and the MES depending on swatches...

 

They told me no early release at Northpark, but the new Pro store in NYC will probably release it early. But who knows, they might change their mind and put the stuff out. It's all in their backroom anyway :)

post #926 of 3266
Just the teal liner (to try out the new formula) and the new brush (x2). I'm sooo over the mineralize products. The only mineralize product i use is redhead, and i use it every day of my life!
post #927 of 3266
I called the MAC Pro store in Nashville and they releasing this collection on Thursday. I added SR and PP to my pre order for the Strength collection.
post #928 of 3266
Hmm it never hurts to go check the pro store on Thursday. I hope they release it online soon...like today. I really need lippies from this and strength
post #929 of 3266

Im getting so excited for this....9 more days left until we can pick up our goodies. Really hoping we can see some swatches before it releases in store though.

post #930 of 3266

This collection is not too tempting for me icon_eek.gif

But for those interested - some info and the swatches of my Stereo Rose and Porcelain Pink MSFs. :)

Enjoy :)

 

http://sweet-and-punchy.blogspot.com/2012/12/mac-apres-chic-pressed-pigments.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)