or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Beauty of Color › WOC: Holiday/Glamourdaze
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WOC: Holiday/Glamourdaze

post #1 of 182
Thread Starter 

What are we getting ladies? Or you totally skipping? 

 

After seeing some comparison swatches I'm trying to get the strength to skip. In CartoonChic picture OF looks really close to Up the Amp, Innocence looks close to Cut-a-caper, Glamourdaze looks similar to One of a Kind. Someone tell me I can skip them all!! 

 

I still think I want all three blushes and now two lipglasses. If any WOC went to the event can you tell me how the blushes swatched? 

post #2 of 182

I picked up 3 things from this collex:

 

Whisper of Guilt, Feminine Edge liner and raven e/l.

 

This collex is huge! and very pretty!

 

I decided to limit my purchases to items that were unique because so many shades resemble ones I already own.

post #3 of 182

How are the EDSFs to be used? Are these highlighters? I've put in a pre-order for both of them plus A Natural Flirt, Stolen Moment,  and Stylishly Merry EDES so far. There are so many flipping collections right now it's incredibly confusing.

post #4 of 182
I pre-saled O F l/s @ NORDSTROMS ... It does remind me of U T A but brighter n more pink... Swatch on urself b4 u decide on passing as it is abdolutely gorgeous on brown skin... I only found one blush 2b WOC friendly n it was a soft pink, I forget the name lol n now u have me wondering y I didnt pre-sale purchase it lmao :/
post #5 of 182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post

I picked up 3 things from this collex:

 

Whisper of Guilt, Feminine Edge liner and raven e/l.

 

This collex is huge! and very pretty!

 

I decided to limit my purchases to items that were unique because so many shades resemble ones I already own.

 

I'm trying my best to decide what's unique because I have to get ready for Christmas shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcrush View Post

I pre-saled O F l/s @ NORDSTROMS ... It does remind me of U T A but brighter n more pink... Swatch on urself b4 u decide on passing as it is abdolutely gorgeous on brown skin... I only found one blush 2b WOC friendly n it was a soft pink, I forget the name lol n now u have me wondering y I didnt pre-sale purchase it lmao :/

 

I will check it out in store, but I do have a lot of lippies that fall into the UTA shade range. I guess I just have to decide if this is really "special".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

How are the EDSFs to be used? Are these highlighters? I've put in a pre-order for both of them plus A Natural Flirt, Stolen Moment,  and Stylishly Merry EDES so far. There are so many flipping collections right now it's incredibly confusing.

Highlighters and Eyeshadows I would assume, most use as highlighters but I'm pretty sure they can be eye friendly. When the first set of EDSF came out in April the guy that helped me used the darkest one as an eyeshadow on me, Glorify. I think Superb can also be used as an shadow because someone said it was similiar to "all that glitters".

post #6 of 182

This is what I got. I wanted Glamourdaze, but Beauty was put into my bag instead. It was really hectic. I've posted swatches in the main thread, but I can repost here if anyone wants me to.

 

Lipstick

  • Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS)
  • Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet (CS)
  • Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)


Lipglass

  • Flight of Fancy - rich purple


Extra Dimension Skinfinish

  • Superb BU
  • Whisper of Gilt


Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

  • Divine Blue - midtone aqua
  • Stylish Merry - midtone dusty violet
  • Ready to Party - pale lilac
  • Stolen Moment - dark taupe
  • Tall Dark and Handsome - black with pearl
  • Evening Grey - steel silver
  • A Natural Flirt - soft peachy nude


Fluidline

  • Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl
  • Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl
  • Little Black Bow - charcoal with dazzle pearl

 

Bag

  • Hanging Travel Bag
post #7 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbunney View Post

What are we getting ladies? Or you totally skipping? 

 

After seeing some comparison swatches I'm trying to get the strength to skip. In CartoonChic picture OF looks really close to Up the Amp, Innocence looks close to Cut-a-caper, Glamourdaze looks similar to One of a Kind. Someone tell me I can skip them all!! 

 

I still think I want all three blushes and now two lipglasses. If any WOC went to the event can you tell me how the blushes swatched? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcrush View Post

I pre-saled O F l/s @ NORDSTROMS ... It does remind me of U T A but brighter n more pink... Swatch on urself b4 u decide on passing as it is abdolutely gorgeous on brown skin... I only found one blush 2b WOC friendly n it was a soft pink, I forget the name lol n now u have me wondering y I didnt pre-sale purchase it lmao :/

 

I will be no help to you kimbunny! Outrageously Fun is definitely pink while Up The Amp is clearly purple. They're just the same tone. Outrageously Fun is a beautiful pink-purple color and worth getting in my opinion. None of my other pinks or purples come close to it except my Chanel Extatique. I didn't swatch any of the blushes.

post #8 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

How are the EDSFs to be used? Are these highlighters? I've put in a pre-order for both of them plus A Natural Flirt, Stolen Moment,  and Stylishly Merry EDES so far. There are so many flipping collections right now it's incredibly confusing.

 

I agree with kimbunny. I'm using the EDSFs as highlighters, but I know they can also be used as eye shadow. I wouldn't use them as an all over face powder because their sheen is too strong and metallic looking, but it's beautiful as a highlight.

post #9 of 182
Do you guys think glamourdaze lipstick is a good nude for us woc??
post #10 of 182

I knew this would be my biggest haul to date, but DAMN! - it hurt!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

This is what I got. I wanted Glamourdaze, but Beauty was put into my bag instead. It was really hectic. I've posted swatches in the main thread, but I can repost here if anyone wants me to.

 

Lipstick

  • Outrageously Fun
  • Dramatic Encounter
  • Glamourdaze


Lipglass

  • Flight of Fancy
  • Deliciously Demure


Extra Dimension Skinfinish

  • Superb
  • Whisper of Gilt


Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

  • Divine Blue 
  • Stylish Merry
  • Ready to Party 
  • Stolen Moment
  • Tall Dark and Handsome 
  • Evening Grey 
  • A Natural Flirt 
  • Round Midnight


Fluidline

  • Feminine Edge 
  • Catch My Eye -
  • Little Black Bow 

 

Bag

  • Hanging Travel Bag

 

I also got Divine Desires in Paramour Pink, Fabulousness Smoky Eyes, and the mineralize SE brush set. One of the MA's (not my regular MA - she's on a mini vacay) tried to entice me with the crushed pigments, but it didn't work. 

post #11 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

I knew this would be my biggest haul to date, but DAMN! - it hurt!  

 

I also got Divine Desires in Paramour Pink, Fabulousness Smoky Eyes, and the mineralize SE brush set. One of the MA's (not my regular MA - she's on a mini vacay) tried to entice me with the crushed pigments, but it didn't work. 


Lol, I know! I was hurting at the register. It was painful. The sad thing is I'm thinking about that face kit for the clutch. I really like the texture of the material.What do you think about the brush set?

post #12 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlydee View Post

Do you guys think glamourdaze lipstick is a good nude for us woc??


I wouldn't describe Glamourdaze as a nude. It's more of a soft mauve/plum color. I think it's a pretty shade and will look great on WOC. I'm bummed that I was given Beauty by mistake.

post #13 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


I wouldn't describe Glamourdaze as a nude. It's more of a soft mauve/plum color. I think it's a pretty shade and will look great on WOC. I'm bummed that I was given Beauty by mistake.

Thank you. That sucks that they make mistake like that. I would be pissed. I wish i saw more swatches on darker skin tones to determine which items i need
post #14 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbunney View Post

What are we getting ladies? Or you totally skipping? 

 

After seeing some comparison swatches I'm trying to get the strength to skip. In CartoonChic picture OF looks really close to Up the Amp, Innocence looks close to Cut-a-caper, Glamourdaze looks similar to One of a Kind. Someone tell me I can skip them all!! 

 

I still think I want all three blushes and now two lipglasses. If any WOC went to the event can you tell me how the blushes swatched? 

I'll get the 5 lipsticks. After seeing some swatches I really think the whole collection is pretty. I'll skip all the rest in fact.

post #15 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlydee View Post


Thank you. That sucks that they make mistake like that. I would be pissed. I wish i saw more swatches on darker skin tones to determine which items i need


Nah, I can't be mad about it. It was very crowded and hectic with a lot of stuff happening at once. I was purchasing a lot of items, so I can understand the mistake. I'll just pick one up when it launches. I'll see if anyone wants Beauty or the extra Stolen Moment I was given before I return them.

post #16 of 182
I'm totally skipping this collection. th_DANCE.gif
post #17 of 182

^^^^ Why did we call this dance the "cabbage patch"? hmm.gif   lol.gif

post #18 of 182
I can't wait to see this in stores. I would like to get one of the EDES. I like the formula.
post #19 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post

I'm totally skipping this collection. th_DANCE.gif

do you already have wog?  that's the one thing that really has me on the fence, but i did skip it last time so.....

post #20 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


Lol, I know! I was hurting at the register. It was painful. The sad thing is I'm thinking about that face kit for the clutch. I really like the texture of the material.What do you think about the brush set?

 

I haven't used the set yet, but I like what I see.  I mainly got it for the 130SE and the 282SE is supposed to be great for concealer, so I can't wait to try it out.

post #21 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post

I'm totally skipping this collection. th_DANCE.gif

Me 2
post #22 of 182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique33 View Post

I'll get the 5 lipsticks. After seeing some swatches I really think the whole collection is pretty. I'll skip all the rest in fact.

Are you NC40 or darker? I would love to know how Beauty looks on a WOC.

 

I think I finally made up my mind. I think. If the collection goes up Sunday/Monday I'll order OF l/s and Talk Soflty to Me l/g online. Then I'll go try on the blushes in person to see which ones I really want. That's it, it's a pretty collection just beautiful, but if I don't buy a lot I don't feel like I'm missing out this time.

post #23 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

do you already have wog?  that's the one thing that really has me on the fence, but i did skip it last time so.....

Nope. I ordered it the first time around, but had to return it b/c it had an ingredient I'm allergic to. It wasn't all that anyway.
post #24 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post


Nope. I ordered it the first time around, but had to return it b/c it had an ingredient I'm allergic to. It wasn't all that anyway.

lol...

 

i can't recall why i passed on it.  i picked up superb and glorify though. i like em, but i haven't touched them for ages. i'm thinking about passing....just waiting till the black/grey lipsticks start coming out....

post #25 of 182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post


Nope. I ordered it the first time around, but had to return it b/c it had an ingredient I'm allergic to. It wasn't all that anyway.

I'm allegric to the EDES as well. I don't know what ingredient I'm allegric to in it I wish I did because it makes my eye super itchy and it leaves a bruise as well. I wanted to try the EDSF but if  the shadow makes me itchy then so could the face stuff.

post #26 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbunney View Post

I'm allegric to the EDES as well. I don't know what ingredient I'm allegric to in it I wish I did because it makes my eye super itchy and it leaves a bruise as well. I wanted to try the EDSF but if  the shadow makes me itchy then so could the face stuff.

Was it the color? Sometimes i get a bad reaction to Mac' s special formula shadows; copper, brown, orange, and red- from prolong wear and peacocky I skipped the Coil ELectric Cool Shadow because of it.
Edited by sss215 - 10/29/12 at 3:46pm
post #27 of 182
Thread Starter 

I don't think so but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure its just what's in the product. I had the dark purple one and Blue Orbit. My eye has never itched like that I even went to the eye doctor to figure out what was going on and I narrowed it down to those products. My wallet is thankful but it sucks because some of them are so pretty. I haven't had an issue with MES, Mega Metals or Prolong wear so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215 View Post


Was it the color? Sometimes i get a bad reaction to Mac' s special formula shadows; copper, brown, orange, and red- from prolong wear and peacocky I skipped the Coil EDES because of it.
post #28 of 182
I know I'm allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride. It's in these WOG and in Mac's mineralized shadows and other mineralized products. Is that even in the EDES shadows? I own two and I've tested them with no problems. Usually, if I wear something with BO it only takes 10 minutes for my skin to react. I certainly hope they don't contain that ingredient because I have 3 of them. Time to do a google search.
post #29 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post

I know I'm allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride. It's in these WOG and in Mac's mineralized shadows and other mineralized products. Is that even in the EDES shadows? I own two and I've tested them with no problems. Usually, if I wear something with BO it only takes 10 minutes for my skin to react. I certainly hope they don't contain that ingredient because I have 3 of them. Time to do a google search.

Bismuth Oxychloride is in the one EDES I have, Grand Galaxy. So i assume yes. Since I was interested, I checked out other non mineralize MAC products and its also listed as an ingredient those. The colors I randomly checked, Club, Love Lace, Deep Blue Green, Later , Emerald Dusk, Nubile Paint Pot, Sparkle Neely Sparkle, One to Watch

BO seems like a very common ingredient, it's in blushes too, both MAC, MUFE, and NARS I'm finding.
post #30 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215 View Post

Bismuth Oxychloride is in the one EDES I have, Grand Galaxy. So i assume yes. Since I was interested, I checked out other non mineralize MAC products and its also listed as an ingredient those. The colors I randomly checked, Club, Love Lace, Deep Blue Green, Later , Emerald Dusk, Nubile Paint Pot, Sparkle Neely Sparkle, One to Watch
BO seems like a very common ingredient, it's in blushes too, both MAC, MUFE, and NARS I'm finding.

That's crazy. I have all of the shadows you listed and I've used them a million times without problems. I've definitely never had problems with MUFE or Nars. I know I can't use Bare Esentuals AT ALL or Becca and the new Dior foundation that all have BO in them. Maybe it's the amount of BO used. I need to compare ingredients across products and see.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beauty of Color
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Beauty of Color › WOC: Holiday/Glamourdaze