or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › MAC PRO NOW AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE-- starting 18 Oct!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC PRO NOW AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE-- starting 18 Oct! - Page 2

post #31 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

It's still there when I log on as a Pro. Maybe they'll add it to the regular site soon. Fingers crossed.


I really hope they do I am in love with Fall for Plum, I wonder if I can buy this one as a regular lipstick

post #32 of 63

anyone have cantaloupe blush? if so,, any thoughts on it?

post #33 of 63

Can anyone tell me how well the lip erase works? I have fairly pigmented lips with a bit of purple in them that sometimes shows thru lipsticks or makes them overly cool. I was wondering if it would be a good product for me?

post #34 of 63
I found lip erase to be weird, at least on me. It was drying and just did weird things to lip products. Some people swear by it, though. Try your concealer on your lips, though. It's the same idea. If that works, then you won't need to try the lip erase.
post #35 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post

I found lip erase to be weird, at least on me. It was drying and just did weird things to lip products. Some people swear by it, though. Try your concealer on your lips, though. It's the same idea. If that works, then you won't need to try the lip erase.

Perhaps they reformulated lip erase? I bought it yesterday and used it yesterday and today, and it worked really well for fixing my weird diffused lip line and what I liked about it was that it felt hydrating and balm-y. Concealer on my lips dried them out.

post #36 of 63

about how long does it take for mac to restock a product? some pro items say out of stock wacko.gif

post #37 of 63

^ Dang it, that quick?!

post #38 of 63

i went over to look for the spatula and metal palette, but its not there.  so if you are looking for it, you may have to call pro. 

post #39 of 63

does anyone know why certain paint sticks are not up? (i was looking for the sky blue one....) is it for the same reason as the pigments (eye safe/lip safe etc...)?

post #40 of 63

My husband told me last night that he heard on a radio station that pro items are now available to everyone. I thanked him for the info and told him I heard as well. I had the biggest grin on my face and had to hug him. I think it is so nice that he is able to update me on Mac happenings, lol

post #41 of 63

It seems that for the Metal pigments, only Copper and Platinum are available.  I could have sworn there was a Rose Gold one and I want it!!!!

post #42 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverJenn View Post

about how long does it take for mac to restock a product? some pro items say out of stock wacko.gif

 

Some are backordered forever. I waited almost four months for Blonde's Gold. If you are after a specific item, I would keep checking regularly. If I need something a.s.a.p., I usually do a phone order with a Pro store as the shipping costs are the same.

post #43 of 63

This is pretty awesome since I'll be moving to a state with no Pro store - I live a walk away from mine and I've gotten spoiled by it. I've been slowly trying to purchase a lot of pro products because of it but this is great news.

post #44 of 63

Does anyone know why the Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 is listed as 'coming soon' when all the other shades are readily available? I was highly disappointed as it was the only Pro product I was really bothered about getting asap! 

post #45 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

Some are backordered forever. I waited almost four months for Blonde's Gold. If you are after a specific item, I would keep checking regularly. If I need something a.s.a.p., I usually do a phone order with a Pro store as the shipping costs are the same.

Thanks!

post #46 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by saizine View Post

Does anyone know why the Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 is listed as 'coming soon' when all the other shades are readily available? I was highly disappointed as it was the only Pro product I was really bothered about getting asap! 

Don't know. If you live near a CCO, have a poke around there; they may have it. (I recently scored mine at one.)
post #47 of 63

My PRO lip palettes just arrived.  I am amazed.  I usually stay away from lipsticks in favor of lipglass because I can't see them and I don't want to have to dig around looking for a color to match my day's look.  I'm totally psyched that MAC is offering these palettes.  The cover is clear so you can see exactly what you have!  I do have a few MAC lipsticks and the palette lipstick is the same exact quality as the originals.    You will need a brush to use these palettes.  Compared to my Bobbi Brown lipstick palette (the mega one currently being sold on her website) MAC's pans are much larger which amazed me.  I really wasn't expecting that.  If you are on the fence about these palettes, I say go for it.  The quality is amazing and the palettes are easily accessible.  Even though at the end of the day you may end up paying more for the palette, I prefer to have more colors vs. a larger quantity of one color because I like to play around a lot with color.

post #48 of 63
Hi LLVV,

I'm curious as to which PRO lip palettes you bought, I'm assuming these are the ones that are grouped by colors? I'm thinking about the pink one, but just feel like I won't get use out of half of the palette. Keep in my mind this is just for my personal use. I'm also thinking that I won't like having to bring a brush & the palette, etc. decisions, decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVV View Post

My PRO lip palettes just arrived.  I am amazed.  I usually stay away from lipsticks in favor of lipglass because I can't see them and I don't want to have to dig around looking for a color to match my day's look.  I'm totally psyched that MAC is offering these palettes.  The cover is clear so you can see exactly what you have!  I do have a few MAC lipsticks and the palette lipstick is the same exact quality as the originals.    You will need a brush to use these palettes.  Compared to my Bobbi Brown lipstick palette (the mega one currently being sold on her website) MAC's pans are much larger which amazed me.  I really wasn't expecting that.  If you are on the fence about these palettes, I say go for it.  The quality is amazing and the palettes are easily accessible.  Even though at the end of the day you may end up paying more for the palette, I prefer to have more colors vs. a larger quantity of one color because I like to play around a lot with color.
post #49 of 63
Due to my recent obsession with Bright Pink Lippies, my need to delve into Purples & now that the us Plebians (non Pro MAC members) can order some PRO products, can anyone swatch the following lippies for me, please??? I've googled swatches for these but I'd like to see them side by side...

I also have seen Lauren Clark's PRO LS swatches & Princess
Sarah's swatches. Those did help. Thanks.

I currently have & loooove Moxie, CYY, I'm NC20 so if anyone has any suggestions of ones I may like I'd be happy for advice (trying to keep it down to only buying 2 lippies).

CYY, Moxie, Love G-dess, Gessina, Outrageously Fun, Show Orchid, Lickable, Full Fushia, Fusion Pink, Violetta, Up the Amp

Thank you in advance!
post #50 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post

Hi LLVV,
I'm curious as to which PRO lip palettes you bought, I'm assuming these are the ones that are grouped by colors? I'm thinking about the pink one, but just feel like I won't get use out of half of the palette. Keep in my mind this is just for my personal use. I'm also thinking that I won't like having to bring a brush & the palette, etc. decisions, decisions.

I picked up all of the lip palettes (ones grouped by color).  You are right in that there are a few unwearables in the pink palette.  I don't think that in any of the other palettes there are colors that I can't wear (maybe Cyber).  For me to two very bright colors do not look good but I'm going to play around with them to see if layering them with another color helps.  I did take me a while to get used to using a brush but I've actually grown to prefer using a lip brush because I can go as light or dark as my heart pleases.  I feel that the brush gives me a little bit more control over the application.  I use a MAC mini-shader brush.  I can't remember the number right now.  I also have a Bobbi Brown lip brush that came with her lip palette that is pretty good as well.  I picked up all of the palettes (birthday gift).  For me, the red one will probably get the least amount of usage as I'm still uncomfortable with wearing reds but maybe I will get used to it because the red colors are gorgeous!  I know my DD will get a little bit of use out of the reds because she has some upcoming ballet performance and they are required to wear red on their lips.  They are really nice if you don't have a lot of lipstick.  I actually am more of a lip gloss kind of gal, but I put a clear coat of lip gloss on top of any lipstick that I wear and I get a similar effect.

 

EDIT:  I just reread your post and if you are looking for something to carry along with you, then the palette might be a PITA. I don't carry lipstick around with me.  I apply at home and then just leave it alone but I'm in and out of the house all day so by the time a need a touch up I'm usually home.

post #51 of 63

I don't normally post, but I searched for this answer myself. I sent an in an inquiry about Taupe Blush since it never showed up on the site, and the response I got back said it's been discontinued. cry.gif

 

 

 

Quote:

Thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.
 

I am sorry you have been unable to find our Powder Blush in Taupe. This item has been discontinued, and while we are often able to locate discontinued products for our consumers, I have conducted a search of our entire inventory, and unfortunately there are no more the Powder Blush in Taupe.

post #52 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by LissyJo View Post

I don't normally post, but I searched for this answer myself. I sent an in an inquiry about Taupe Blush since it never showed up on the site, and the response I got back said it's been discontinued. cry.gif

 

 

 

 

That is bizarre. It's still on the Pro site and I can add it to my cart.

 

Maybe CS did not know that it is a Pro item?

post #53 of 63

How weird! Maybe so. The way the response was formatted, it definitely looks like a form letter. Perhaps they just made a mistake. It was the item was really looking forward to when I heard about the pro items being available for everyone to order on the website.  I'll try calling. 

post #54 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by LissyJo View Post

How weird! Maybe so. The way the response was formatted, it definitely looks like a form letter. Perhaps they just made a mistake. It was the item was really looking forward to when I heard about the pro items being available for everyone to order on the website.  I'll try calling. 

 

It seems that not all item were made available. It might be easier if you just call a Pro store and order it from them.

post #55 of 63

I picked up the matte mixing medium to use with pigments.

Anybody have any ideas on how to use this?

After playing around with it - makes creamy product.

post #56 of 63

I notice that the liquid mixing medium is not on the regular site.

post #57 of 63

Will the Pro items be available on non-US MAC sites too? I really really really want to try Chromaline Black Black because I need a black gel liner and I read so many great things about it. The only pro store we have here is an hour's train ride away so being able to order in online be amazing!

 

TIA :)

post #58 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post

I notice that the liquid mixing medium is not on the regular site.

not everything is available. I noticed the colored invisible set powders missing 

post #59 of 63

Going to buy me a jar of the landscape green chromaline for Christmas. Yay!

 

I've always wanted that. :)

post #60 of 63
It was just too good to be true. I really wanted mixing medium face and body...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: MAC Chat
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › MAC PRO NOW AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE-- starting 18 Oct!