or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Is Chanel doing away with Holiday Gift sets this year?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is Chanel doing away with Holiday Gift sets this year?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 

I am newish to Chanel, and remember seeing in past years, they had really nice Holiday gift sets.  This was not only fragrances, but with makeup also.

I have not seen any this year, and was told  by a few SA's that Chanel is not doing sets this year, and will not be doing them in the future!?  Is this true???

 

Has anyone seen any sets this year?  Have you heard anything??

post #2 of 25

Best Things In Beauty posted about them back in July but I haven't heard anything since:

 

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/07/chanel-limited-edition-holiday-2012.html

 

I guess we'll know soon one way or the other.

post #3 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post

Best Things In Beauty posted about them back in July but I haven't heard anything since:

 

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/07/chanel-limited-edition-holiday-2012.html

 

I guess we'll know soon one way or the other.

Oh these look nice!

 

I have called the Bay, Holts and Macy's...and all ahve said that Chanel is doing away with gift sets, especially the makeup product ones.

i was also told fragrance sets are diminishing....only Coco mademoiselle and Chance this year???  No more Chanel N05 sets???

post #4 of 25
post #5 of 25
Thread Starter 
post #6 of 25

I love the lip bags!  I'm sad I already have Spark and Wild Rose, because I want another one of the sets that come with the lipliner and sharpener.   Love the adorable white bag :)

post #7 of 25

I was told that there are 3 holiday makeup bags this year.  Two lip sets (I think that a np is in one of them) and a pricey brush set.  I was hoping for an eye set, but there isn't any this year.

 

Plus they have a couple of fragrance sets.

 

Sorry didn't see the earlier post from MzzRach!

post #8 of 25
Thread Starter 

OK, thanks ladies...went across border and got the 2 gloss with mini liner set!!  LOVE!!!!

post #9 of 25

i just got my first chanel lip bag!  i was afraid they weren't going to have holiday sets either but i was able to order it from nordstrom's as they didn't have them in store.  I got the one with plasir and amour glossimers and the nail color.  love the chicness of the white bag!  i am trying to figure out what i can use it for so i won't ruin it with make up stains

post #10 of 25

fyi, there are still holiday 2012 sets available - have seen on chanel.com + in dept stores

 

any early info on holiday 2013 sets? 

post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpink View Post

fyi, there are still holiday 2012 sets available - have seen on chanel.com + in dept stores

any early info on holiday 2013 sets? 

There are two lip sets, one nail set, and a giant $375 nail set.

I'll get the details and post them soon.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post


There are two lip sets, one nail set, and a giant $375 nail set.

I'll get the details and post them soon.

 

sounds amazing! thanks so much + looking forward to the deets!

post #13 of 25
No brush set this year?
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post

No brush set this year?

not sure about holiday 2013 but nordies is doing a mini brush set during the anniversary sale this month

also, last years Xmas set is still on c.com - HTH 😄
post #15 of 25
Oooooooo that massive nail set is calling my name!!!
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephybaby View Post

Oooooooo that massive nail set is calling my name!!!

me too! I don't want to get any new colors until I find out what colors are in it!!
post #17 of 25

I have 5 chanel nail polishes on my to buy list atm.  I am scared to purchase them in case they come out in sets as well.  I hope we get news about the holiday sets soon!

post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaknits View Post

I have 5 chanel nail polishes on my to buy list atm.  I am scared to purchase them in case they come out in sets as well.  I hope we get news about the holiday sets soon!

I would def hold off, we should find out soon!! one SA told me they may know this week another said aug 8th?!?! also I'm sure teger will post as soon as she can!! 😍 I am also patiently waiting for les beiges!!
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post


There are two lip sets, one nail set, and a giant $375 nail set.

I'll get the details and post them soon.


Ooh... giant nail set... I actually don't think we get the sets up here, but I'll keep an eye out. This would make a very nice present to myself.

post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post


Ooh... giant nail set... I actually don't think we get the sets up here, but I'll keep an eye out. This would make a very nice present to myself.

I will ask at neiman's if they will ship international - I have posted SA's info over on TPF forum, I worked out a special VIP deal with goodies and so forth for TPF peeps, the C counter is the most generous goodies givers ever! I will ask next time I pop in if they can do international ship from store! 😀
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpink View Post

I will ask at neiman's if they will ship international - I have posted SA's info over on TPF forum, I worked out a special VIP deal with goodies and so forth for TPF peeps, the C counter is the most generous goodies givers ever! I will ask next time I pop in if they can do international ship from store! 😀


Oh that'd be great!! I'm from Europe, on tpf too, and I saw all the extra goodies they sent with those orders. So nice of them to do that! Fingers crossed they'll ship the nail set international 😍
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by petit View Post

Oh that'd be great!! I'm from Europe, on tpf too, and I saw all the extra goodies they sent with those orders. So nice of them to do that! Fingers crossed they'll ship the nail set international 😍

I'll prob pop in next week to make sure they hold my les beiges! also, if it shows up online at neiman's, they def do international ship online!! I'll post back to let you know and if they do I'll ask them to hold you one...😀
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpink View Post

I'll prob pop in next week to make sure they hold my les beiges! also, if it shows up online at neiman's, they def do international ship online!! I'll post back to let you know and if they do I'll ask them to hold you one...😀

Oh that's so nice of you, thank you!!
I checked online and while they do ship to the Netherlands online, it says like they don't ship makeup (or at least chanel nail polish) ssad.gif
post #24 of 25
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by petit View Post

Oh that's so nice of you, thank you!!
I checked online and while they do ship to the Netherlands online, it says like they don't ship makeup (or at least chanel nail polish) ssad.gif

I asked and they said they can not ship nail polish or parfume international - they can only do make up from the store - I know on chanel.com they will only do ground shipping in US on polish - I asked them to hold one for you as they said it will be limited just in case we can figure out a way - there are a bunch of chanel girls on Instagram who always ship things, let me ask how they do it and see if I can help!! i wonder if customs is a problem too - also, try asking in C nail forum on TPF, my PM's are full over there but I will clean them up soon or post back here!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chanel
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Is Chanel doing away with Holiday Gift sets this year?