or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Sephora VIB Sale November 2012?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sephora VIB Sale November 2012? - Page 6

post #151 of 320

I have some stuff in my cart. A couple more Lip Tars and some Butter London polishes. I got an email from Sephora saying that one of the Lip Tars I wanted is back in stock. Then one thing led to another. I haven't pulled the trigger. I don't even have a discount code to use. I'm just window shopping. I did the same thing at Beauty.com. The problem is that I do have a coupon for that site. I'm taking deep breaths. Trying to make it one day at a time.

post #152 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

 

Nipple Balm??? icon_eek.gif

 

EDIT: Lol! I looked it up just now. It is what I thought and not what I thought at the same time.

Tee hee hee

post #153 of 320

NARS LOVERS!!

 

I saw a deal on giltcity.com to buy a narscosmetics.com $100 giftcard for $75. And if someone refers you, you can get 20% off your first purchase. Which would make it $60 for a $100 gc! 40% off!! Woot woot.

 

I'm not sure if I can put my referral code on here, but please PM me if you need one!

 

th_thstars.gif hehe.. I think I'm going to buy it and get some more blushes!!

post #154 of 320

I was passing on this deal until you threw in the extra 20% off, prettygirl. (I had read about the extra % of elsewhere, but you put it in dollars and cents for me.) Sign me up!!!!

post #155 of 320
Did anyone else get a new silver VIB card in store after maintaining VIB status?
post #156 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirl View Post

NARS LOVERS!!

 

I saw a deal on giltcity.com to buy a narscosmetics.com $100 giftcard for $75. And if someone refers you, you can get 20% off your first purchase. Which would make it $60 for a $100 gc! 40% off!! Woot woot.

 

I'm not sure if I can put my referral code on here, but please PM me if you need one!

 

th_thstars.gif hehe.. I think I'm going to buy it and get some more blushes!!


I took advantage of the deal. There's no way that I couldn't. Thanks for sharing and for the referral. I'm trying to figure out what to get. My Sephora order of Albatross, Amour, Heat Wave, Scarlet Empress, and Back Room arrived yesterday. I love everything! I think I'm probably going to get more lipsticks, nail polish and the Yachiyo brush. Still trying to decide. I'm going to swatch things first to help finalize my decision. I don't want to get anything that I may need to return.

post #157 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirlDoc View Post

Did anyone else get a new silver VIB card in store after maintaining VIB status?

i did

post #158 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirlDoc View Post

Did anyone else get a new silver VIB card in store after maintaining VIB status?


Is the silver VIB card different from the normal VIB card? After the dust settled on my orders, I'm only $17 away from VIB status. I'm going to swing by there and get something. I wish my store carried Lip Tars or Butter London nail polishes.

post #159 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


I took advantage of the deal. There's no way that I couldn't. Thanks for sharing and for the referral. I'm trying to figure out what to get. My Sephora order of Albatross, Amour, Heat Wave, Scarlet Empress, and Back Room arrived yesterday. I love everything! I think I'm probably going to get more lipsticks, nail polish and the Yachiyo brush. Still trying to decide. I'm going to swatch things first to help finalize my decision. I don't want to get anything that I may need to return.

I'm so glad that you and Miss TT were able to take advantage of the deal! I also bought a voucher! Woo hoo! Hehe. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to buy. I ordered the Orgasm/Laguna Duo, Amour, and Gaiety from Sephora and it's coming in Monday. <-- my first NARS items EVER. I'm thinking about maybe exchanging Gaiety for Luster. And get Deep Throat, Love Joy, Exhibit A.. and IDK what else with the voucher. I've been reading up on the most popular NARS items, and I'm soo excited.

 

What are the MUST haves from NARS everyone? I'm NC 30.

post #160 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


Is the silver VIB card different from the normal VIB card? After the dust settled on my orders, I'm only $17 away from VIB status. I'm going to swing by there and get something. I wish my store carried Lip Tars or Butter London nail polishes.

They are one in the same. They just changed it from black to silver.
post #161 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirl View Post

I'm so glad that you and Miss TT were able to take advantage of the deal! I also bought a voucher! Woo hoo! Hehe. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to buy. I ordered the Orgasm/Laguna Duo, Amour, and Gaiety from Sephora and it's coming in Monday. <-- my first NARS items EVER. I'm thinking about maybe exchanging Gaiety for Luster. And get Deep Throat, Love Joy, Exhibit A.. and IDK what else with the voucher. I've been reading up on the most popular NARS items, and I'm soo excited.

 

What are the MUST haves from NARS everyone? I'm NC 30.

Thanks again for the referral. Since you are interested in such pigmented blushes I would recommend investing in the Yachiyo brush. It's very manageable now with the discount you received. I'd also recommend Outlaw blush. I will be getting the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base definitely.

post #162 of 320

Sooooooo. Since the VIB code was still working today I placed another big order. (Save some dough for Black Friday, TT!) I picked up:

 

SEPHORA COLLECTION/ Daily Brush Cleaner
SEPHORA COLLECTION/ Brush Protectors Set
MAKE UP FOR EVER/ Aqua Rouge 2 Rosewood
Dr. Lipp/ Original Nipple Balm For Lips
Cover FX/ Cream Foundation Brush
Miracle Skin Transformer/ Miracle Skin™ Transformer SPF 20 Dark
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics/ Pro's Picks Lip Tar Set

 

I tried to resist by leaving the items in my cart for 4 days, but instead of the discount going away I found myself adding even more items in my cart day after day. I blame the people in this thread.

post #163 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Sooooooo. Since the VIB code was still working today I placed another big order. (Save some dough for Black Friday, TT!) I picked up:

 

SEPHORA COLLECTION/ Daily Brush Cleaner
SEPHORA COLLECTION/ Brush Protectors Set
MAKE UP FOR EVER/ Aqua Rouge 2 Rosewood
Dr. Lipp/ Original Nipple Balm For Lips
Cover FX/ Cream Foundation Brush
Miracle Skin Transformer/ Miracle Skin™ Transformer SPF 20 Dark
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics/ Pro's Picks Lip Tar Set

 

I tried to resist by leaving the items in my cart for 4 days, but instead of the discount going away I found myself adding even more items in my cart day after day. I blame the people in this thread.


I don't blame you! That Lip Tar set is seriously a great deal. I'm trying to get to Sephora tomorrow. I hope the code still works after I become a VIB. I want to snag more Lip Tars.

post #164 of 320

Can you return stuff you buy with your points to get your points back? I spent a 100 points on something and it is sooooo small. I feel like I wasted my points :pouts:

post #165 of 320

I don't think so, Charlie, but I've never tried. I tend to think of the points items like the other freebies you pick out. Its just a trial size/tester of the item so it's not meant to be big. The 500 pt items tend to be a bit bigger and may include a full size item.

post #166 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Thanks again for the referral. Since you are interested in such pigmented blushes I would recommend investing in the Yachiyo brush. It's very manageable now with the discount you received. I'd also recommend Outlaw blush. I will be getting the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base definitely.

You are so very welcome! Thank you for your reply, I'm definitely going to look into those items!!!

post #167 of 320

Boooo is the code no longer working? 

post #168 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

Can you return stuff you buy with your points to get your points back? I spent a 100 points on something and it is sooooo small. I feel like I wasted my points :pouts:


i don't think so

100 points rewards are so stupid and tiny 

i always keep my points and wait until they have something nice for 500 points.

 

Once i got benefit coralista, once benefit dandelion - full size

 

this time i redeemed my 500 points for that nars mini set that they had. 

post #169 of 320

wait a minute....that darn code is still working????jawdrop.gif

post #170 of 320

For those of you who order the nars voucher from giltcity, I'd wait til either 11/26 or 11/27 to order because according to this website:

 

http://makeupforlife.net/2012/11/2012-black-friday-and-cyber-monday-beauty-deals.html

 

Narscosmetics.com is going to have 20% off then!!

 

I'm kind of sad now that I ordered NARS stuff during the VIB sale. AND I wish I could order another voucher!! Lol!! 

post #171 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by califabulous View Post

wait a minute....that darn code is still working????jawdrop.gif

I used it last night. Got all kinds of things I never intended to buy right now. *shakeshead*

post #172 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

I used it last night. Got all kinds of things I never intended to buy right now. *shakeshead*

 

I hate when that happens!! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirl View Post

For those of you who order the nars voucher from giltcity, I'd wait til either 11/26 or 11/27 to order because according to this website:

 

http://makeupforlife.net/2012/11/2012-black-friday-and-cyber-monday-beauty-deals.html

 

Narscosmetics.com is going to have 20% off then!!

 

I'm kind of sad now that I ordered NARS stuff during the VIB sale. AND I wish I could order another voucher!! Lol!! 

Damn it! I was going to get that and passed. I regret it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

I don't think so, Charlie, but I've never tried. I tend to think of the points items like the other freebies you pick out. Its just a trial size/tester of the item so it's not meant to be big. The 500 pt items tend to be a bit bigger and may include a full size item.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsy View Post


i don't think so

100 points rewards are so stupid and tiny 

i always keep my points and wait until they have something nice for 500 points.

 

Once i got benefit coralista, once benefit dandelion - full size

 

this time i redeemed my 500 points for that nars mini set that they had. 

Thanks guys! It is my first time redeeming points. I am fairly new to all this MU stuff. I will save up my points now. I feel stupid because I would 300 hadn't I used 100 for the stupid primer. hehe

post #173 of 320

My haul for the VIB sale was quite small. Finally got a clairsonic to see if its truly worth the hype.amuse.gif And some nail polish and a fall perfume. In regards to the points redemption, I highly doubt they will let you return the item. I have over 1500 points because I keep holding out till it's truly worth it. I look at it this way, if every dollar is a point, after spending $100, am I really going to be pleased with a mini hair oil/mascara??

post #174 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

 

Damn it! I was going to get that and passed. I regret it now.

 

 

It's still available on giltcity.com, and if you get a referral you'll get 20%!

post #175 of 320

I went to Sephora today to exchange my two Nars blushes - Gaiety and Amour. And I was debating between exchanging them for different shades, getting the UD Vice Palette, or getting the Shiseido Benefiance Eye Wrinkle Kit (sold out online). Well as it turns out my Sephora (inside a JCP, next closest one is two hours away) was sold out of Vice Palette and I don't even know if they ever carried the Kit. So I was left with just exchanging my shades, I ended up getting Deep Throat and Outlaw! I'm excited!

 

But after seeing the Vice Palette sold out in my store, it makes me want it even more! Lol. Does this happen to yall?

 

The MA helping me was so very sweet and gave me a very generous sample (I heard her telling the new girl "oops this is more than a sample" lol) of the eye cream I wanted in the kit.. so I think this will last me quite some time. Geeze, the MAs there were so much nicer than the MAs at my Dillard's MAC counter! Makes me think twice now!

 

Now to make my list of Nars items for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale!!! I think I'm getting Madly, Love Joy, Gilda, Exhibit A, and something else... I'm so indecisive!! 

 

Just wanted to share my GOOD experience at Sephora! It actually makes me want to go back!

 

EDIT: I asked the girl at Sephora if they were going to have a Black Friday sale, because I read that the counters in JCP were not. And she said they were, but they have limited stock of the $10 sets! 

post #176 of 320
I wanted the MUFE Be Your Own Make-up
Artist kit so bad at 20% off. It's finally
up on the site. I saw this in Dubai and
it's drool worthy.
post #177 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirl View Post

It's still available on giltcity.com, and if you get a referral you'll get 20%!

Can someone send me a referral? pretty.gif

post #178 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Sooooooo. Since the VIB code was still working today I placed another big order. (Save some dough for Black Friday, TT!) I picked up:

 

SEPHORA COLLECTION/ Daily Brush Cleaner
SEPHORA COLLECTION/ Brush Protectors Set
MAKE UP FOR EVER/ Aqua Rouge 2 Rosewood
Dr. Lipp/ Original Nipple Balm For Lips
Cover FX/ Cream Foundation Brush
Miracle Skin Transformer/ Miracle Skin™ Transformer SPF 20 Dark
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics/ Pro's Picks Lip Tar Set

 

I tried to resist by leaving the items in my cart for 4 days, but instead of the discount going away I found myself adding even more items in my cart day after day. I blame the people in this thread.

How do you like the brush cleaner? I've always wanted to try it. 

post #179 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

How do you like the brush cleaner? I've always wanted to try it. 

It doesn't arrive until Monday. :( I wish I would have selected USPS. Would have like received it on Saturday. Anyway, this will be my first time trying it so I just ordered the small bottle. It sounds promising. I wanted something to use in between washings.

post #180 of 320

I've reached VIB status. I did it online. I ordered NARS Luster blush this morning when it restocked on the website and Gaiety blush. I only needed $17 to become a VIB and was planning to do it with an in store purchase. I went to Sephora the other night and bought something, but the SA said I was showing up with 0 points in their system and to call customer service. It was a waste of time. I could've just ordered something else online last week and reached VIB sooner, and then could've probably snuck in one more purchase with the VIB code. I'm glad I'll finally have Luster, though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cosmetic Discussion
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Sephora VIB Sale November 2012?