I'll make a start:
Your three favorite MAC lip products (includes l/s, l/g and l/l)
- Flamingo l/s: Well, what can I say. Flamingo brightens your face, looks natural and fresh, and is the ultimate Spring color.
- Cusp of Dawn l/s: Speaking of nudes, this became quickly a favorite. It has the right amount of pigmentation w/o looking too brown, too rosey or too pink. It's pure love.
- Tropical Mist l/s: For me, it is the perfect nude. While it is seemingly sheer, it tones down pigmented lips, but it still adds a pop of color that makes you look healthy. It is also glossy but it doesn't look greasy. This part if very important to me as I usually dislike greasy lips.
- Your three favorite MAC eye products (includes regular e/s, MES, EDES, e/l):
- Handforged Powerpoint e/l: This gold is awesome for blue eyes. It is a also a rather cool-toned gold with a taupe undertone, which makes it my all time favorite e/l for pale NW beauties with blue eyes.
- Desert Camouflage quad: O.k. technically, these are four colours, but as they come in one product, I'll cheat the rule. As a taupe lover, this is the most outstanding taupe product of 2012. Especially Sahara Dust and Cactus Thorn are super sophisticated, making it easy to create a neutral eye that has enough oompf to keep me raving for days.
- How to Marry e/s: There are not many white e/s that I use on a regular basis. Whites can be tricky as they are either too frosty or, if they are matte, are too chalky; or they are too yellow, too pink, too beige. HTM, however, is buttery and soft and the white is cool-toned. It complements my NW15-20 complexion like no other white e/s in my (rather large) collection.
- Your three favorite MAC cheek products (includes powder and creme blushes)
- Worldly Wealth p/b: If I only could keep one blush from 2012, it would be WW. While it looks too warm for my complexion in the pan, it is simply amazing on my skin as it turns into a copper bronze with red and plum undertones. It's magical how it lightens up the face.
- Easy Manner p/b: It looks like a very ordinary and nothing-special blush in the pan, but on application, it turns into the most flattering blush that brings out both peach and rose hues, making me looks fresh and youthful.
- Your three favorite MAC face products (includes foundations, powders, and primers)
- P+P Skin Smoother: It is one of the most exciting primers that I've encountered in a long time. While I was not fond of the compact (as I prefer tubes), this products is a miracle as a primer. A tiny amount turns my face into a smooth canvas. Pure love!
- Forever Marilyn: n'uff said :)
- Your three favorite MAC mineralize products (includes MSF and MES)
- Earthshine MSF: This is a very unusual bronzer that works very well during the late summer. I love the mixture of slightly-dirty, gold, and burgundy, a combination which makes it a stand out product that we haven't seen before.
- Your three favorite MAC tools (brushes, applicators, accessories)
- Your three most used MAC products in 2012 (doesn't need to be released in 2012)
- Museum Bronze pigment: I could bathe in this piggie. It's a taupey gold that is extremely butter and buildable from sheer to full coverage. Gorgeous for blue eyes and cool-toned beauties.
- Studio Sculpt: I love this foundation as it is so versatile. First of all, it is the most natural foundation in the MAC range. It is a tiny bit less dewy than F&B, which makes it look like real skin. Literally, if the shade is right, you can't see that you're wearing foundation. You can also transform it into a tinted moisturizer by adding a drop of favorite moisturizer without compromising the texture. You can give it a more satiny finish with the F&B mixing medium. And you can cover redness by adding an extra layer without ever caking into pores due to its gel texture.
- Your three most unusual MAC products released in 2012 (any category)
- Modern Mandarin p/b: Wow! What a bright color. Speaking of a statement blush, this is definitely one of a kind. Being pale and cool-toned, this blush definitely needs some work, i.e. perfect skin, no redness, but boy, when the time is right, it is simply wow.
- Ruffian Gold l/s: What makes this product so unusual is the fact that this product is so versatile. It can add gold sparkle to literally any l/s or it can be worn on its own. I appreciate that RG is so wearable that it becomes a staple product that I do not want to miss in my stash. Yes, we've seen other gold lippies before, but RG stands out due to texture and ease of application.
PS: Will need to complete/edit this when I have more time at hand :)
Edited by Mac-Guy - 11/27/12 at 7:34am