or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Year of the Snake Collection Discussion (February 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Year of the Snake Collection Discussion (February 2013) - Page 11

post #301 of 839

I think I missed the price for Shell Pearl... Do we know how much it's going to be this time around?

post #302 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

Aye. No way I'm missing Shell Pearl!

 

Are you getting anything else from the collection?

Nope. What about you? What do you want / need? 

post #303 of 839

why are people stalking the site for this its not out for weeks feb 7th to be exact 

post #304 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

Nope. What about you? What do you want / need? 

 

Just Shell Pearl. The lippies are perm so I can get them any time (not that I'm really interested in any of the colours) and none of the e/s are that special imo. Perhaps except for Altered State. But if we're talking purple e/s I'd rather get the Archie quad.

post #305 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattletale View Post

why are people stalking the site for this its not out for weeks feb 7th to be exact 

We're stalking the Dutch site.

post #306 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Kontour View Post

hey martian...or anybody else with it...can i see a swatch of it???

oh wayment...so it would do nothing for my medium tone huh?

 

 

im not excited for this collection but i am lovin the designs!! i just feel like with all these collections back to back i need to pick no more than 2-3 items!! i splurged TOO MUCH on makeup last year n i wanna make 2013 my year to travel. gotta make room for Rupaul Drag cruise-AGAIN hahaha

There is a great swatch in the Swatch forum under the LOL stuff:  http://www.specktra.net/t/156034/mac-give-me-liberty-of-london-mar-10#post_1861237

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


They've been released like 5 times already. And have dupes. iagree.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post

And here is another swatch.  This pulls more orange on me, too peach in fact.  Not sure I will keep mine or back it up.  Then again, it could be good for layering over blushes to make them more peachy and shimmery...

 

One last thought--wasn't Cockney LE?  I thought it was a pretty bright red with pearlescent shimmer.  Is it perm???

post #307 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

There is a great swatch in the Swatch forum under the LOL stuff:  http://www.specktra.net/t/156034/mac-give-me-liberty-of-london-mar-10#post_1861237

 

And here is another swatch.  This pulls more orange on me, too peach in fact.  Not sure I will keep mine or back it up.  Then again, it could be good for layering over blushes to make them more peachy and shimmery...

 

One last thought--wasn't Cockney LE?  I thought it was a pretty bright red with pearlescent shimmer.  Is it perm???

 

As far as I know it's perm in Europe. I dunno about the US. Much as I like the colour and ADORE the snake print I'm staying away from Lustres because of the snow stuff.

post #308 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattletale View Post

why are people stalking the site for this its not out for weeks feb 7th to be exact 


Right, and MAC never puts anything out early lol!!

post #309 of 839
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

There is a great swatch in the Swatch forum under the LOL stuff:  http://www.specktra.net/t/156034/mac-give-me-liberty-of-london-mar-10#post_1861237

 

And here is another swatch.  This pulls more orange on me, too peach in fact.  Not sure I will keep mine or back it up.  Then again, it could be good for layering over blushes to make them more peachy and shimmery...

 

One last thought--wasn't Cockney LE?  I thought it was a pretty bright red with pearlescent shimmer.  Is it perm???

 

I have a similar experience with SP. It turned out very orange on pale NW skin, too orange in fact. In addition, it has a lot of glitter, which tends to emphasize pores, especially in the wrong lighting. It works on stage though :)

post #310 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

There is a great swatch in the Swatch forum under the LOL stuff:  http://www.specktra.net/t/156034/mac-give-me-liberty-of-london-mar-10#post_1861237

 

And here is another swatch.  This pulls more orange on me, too peach in fact.  Not sure I will keep mine or back it up.  Then again, it could be good for layering over blushes to make them more peachy and shimmery...

 

One last thought--wasn't Cockney LE?  I thought it was a pretty bright red with pearlescent shimmer.  Is it perm???


No, Cockney is perm.

post #311 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisforluvrs View Post


No, Cockney is perm.

Yup. MSO.
post #312 of 839

UK ladies: this collection is now up on the Selfridges website! http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Brand-rooms/Contemporary/MAC/Whats-New/Year-Of-The-Snake/
 

post #313 of 839
Ooh thanks for the heads up!
post #314 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

I have a similar experience with SP. It turned out very orange on pale NW skin, too orange in fact. In addition, it has a lot of glitter, which tends to emphasize pores, especially in the wrong lighting. It works on stage though :)


I thought I was just being paranoid.  You really are my skin twin, I always know you can steer me in the right direction on the face products.  You must have some pink in your cheeks too?

post #315 of 839
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


I thought I was just being paranoid.  You really are my skin twin, I always know you can steer me in the right direction on the face products.  You must have some pink in your cheeks too?

 

I'm a true NW. I believe you are more NW and less NC than you think :)

post #316 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

I'm a true NW. I believe you are more NW and less NC than you think :)


You could be right, but I was matched as NC and I do better with a lil yellow in the old foundation dept.  My veins are definitely green not blue but I tend to react like you NC folks on the cheek products...

post #317 of 839
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


You could be right, but I was matched as NC and I do better with a lil yellow in the old foundation dept.  My veins are definitely green not blue but I tend to react like you NC folks on the cheek products...

 

It was just my best guess based on the products you like, what you say can pull off, and what you lands in your shopping cart ==> all clues lead to NW

 

I'm a pretty good matcher for foundations, but I haven't seen you in person, so you are the better judge :-)

post #318 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

I have a similar experience with SP. It turned out very orange on pale NW skin, too orange in fact. In addition, it has a lot of glitter, which tends to emphasize pores, especially in the wrong lighting. It works on stage though :)

 

Glitter? Oh, that takes it off my list. I was hoping for another variant on Marilyn. I think I'm set in the highlighter department and it sounds like that's what this really is. More money saved! :)

post #319 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

I have a similar experience with SP. It turned out very orange on pale NW skin, too orange in fact. In addition, it has a lot of glitter, which tends to emphasize pores, especially in the wrong lighting. It works on stage though :)

 

Aw man, glitter is not what I wanted read about Shell Pearl's description.  Do you think it could work on NW20 with red/pink undertones?

post #320 of 839

Hmmm if it is glittery I do not need it.... BuickMackane, Pinkdollface, Corally do we need it?

post #321 of 839
It really isn't glittery, just lots of beautiful miniscule shimmers. I really like SP, but I haven't used it in months... It's a lovely highlighter so I would say get it if you really want it, but if you have tons of highlighters I think you'll survive without SP.
post #322 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

It really isn't glittery, just lots of beautiful miniscule shimmers. I really like SP, but I haven't used it in months... It's a lovely highlighter so I would say get it if you really want it, but if you have tons of highlighters I think you'll survive without SP.

Still stalking though, just to be on the safe side...

post #323 of 839

It is now also up on the Mac UK website!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

UK ladies: this collection is now up on the Selfridges website! http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Brand-rooms/Contemporary/MAC/Whats-New/Year-Of-The-Snake/
 

post #324 of 839
I'm about to place my order but I still can't decide what eye shadows to get. If you were going to skip one of Altered State, Aztec Brick or Once Upon a Time, which would it be? I've got all 3 in my basket right now but I feel like I should limit myself to 2...
post #325 of 839
I'd skip Once Upon A Time.
post #326 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

I'd skip Once Upon A Time.

Ditto.
post #327 of 839

Official press release is available on T's website. Online date is scheduled for Jan. 31 (so maybe online Sunday or Monday). Shell Beauty Powder is $24.

post #328 of 839
I saw the collection yesterday! In a store only, the pre-launch is finally here.
post #329 of 839

I'm usually not a packaging whore but I really love the boxes that these come in.

 

I'm probably in for Shell Pearl and Plumful l/s, maybe an eyeshadow though I really want to see swatches first.

post #330 of 839
Once upon a time +1
color payoff not as good as the others.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Year of the Snake Collection Discussion (February 2013)