or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Discussions › Chatter › 2013 Beauty Resolutions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Beauty Resolutions

post #1 of 53
Thread Starter 
To celebrate the new year, discuss your beauty-related resolutions.

Mine: Moisturize and sunscreen (every year I try to do this and fail), use more of my makeup (2nd appearance on resolutions list), thinking about getting rid of majority of my makeup since it's collecting dust and maybe sticking to neutrals (really, I don't need a palette full of purples, blues and greens or 100 blushes).

What are yours?
post #2 of 53
Thread Starter 
oh and.....Spend less on makeup!
post #3 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdad81 View Post

oh and.....Spend less on makeup!

Yes! To try to be more selective about my beauty purchases for two reasons:
1. I don't need/use half the stuff I buy
2. If I bought less, I would get more creative using what I have!

Also, want to drink more water!
post #4 of 53

1. Organize and catalog my collection so that I can avoid buying duplicates...therefore spending far less on new makeup than I do now.  

2. Drink at least 64 oz of water each day

3. Sleep 7-8 hours each night

post #5 of 53
Try to spend $ 200 or less a month on makeup
post #6 of 53
Definitely not spend money on makeup because I still have products that are unused still.
post #7 of 53

1. Be more picky about what makeup I buy

2. Buy more limited edition with special packaging that "calls to me" (so not just any old thing)

3. Re-apply my lipstick throughout the day (when needed)

post #8 of 53
1. Get the perfect brows (for me)
2. Brave the dreaded bold lips
post #9 of 53

1. Less impulse buying on anything beauty/hair related.

2. Get my hair in better condition

3. Wear more natural make-up on most occasions (just because I'm getting sick of using so much up!) Haha.

4. Sort my eyebrows out a bit

 

icon_eek.gif

post #10 of 53

I have a hybrid of the lists before me lol:

1. get my eyebrows together and keep them that way

2. spend less on makeup and shop my stash

3. drink more water

4. be more selective, to keep from buying dupes

5. re-apply lipstick during day

6. use some of the unused products in my stash

7. stop buying foundation

post #11 of 53

My beauty resolution this year is definitely to use more lipsticks , I'm trying to completely finish up my lipsticks and glosses products before I buy new one.
and have to make a conscious effort to take better care of my body skin :)

post #12 of 53

To wear more COLOURS! On eyes and lips. Purple and blue shadows, orange and fuchsia lipsticks, bring it on.

post #13 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagehen View Post

I have a hybrid of the lists before me lol:

1. get my eyebrows together and keep them that way

2. spend less on makeup and shop my stash

3. drink more water

4. be more selective, to keep from buying dupes

5. re-apply lipstick during day

6. use some of the unused products in my stash

7. stop buying foundation

I have already failed at the bolded lol

 

I have added: 8. take better care of skin - get a regimen and stick to it

post #14 of 53

1.Use my lipsticks and especially my lipglasses 

2.Not buying any new foundations until i use up at least 2 of the ones i have

3.No more peachy blushes!(i have too many)

4.Use up my 345678 eye gels and eye creams that i have

5.Being extremely selective with mac collections

6.And obviously buying less makeup in general

post #15 of 53

Use up my makeup that I don't maybe love too much! So I can continue to grow my collection. 

post #16 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma146rina View Post

1.Use my lipsticks and especially my lipglasses 

2.Not buying any new foundations until i use up at least 2 of the ones i have

3.No more peachy blushes!(i have too many)

4.Use up my 345678 eye gels and eye creams that i have

5.Being extremely selective with mac collections

6.And obviously buying less makeup in general


Ugh!  This is gonna be SOOO HARD!

post #17 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liyana Aris View Post

To wear more COLOURS! On eyes and lips. Purple and blue shadows, orange and fuchsia lipsticks, bring it on.

Agreed. My goal is to go more bold with it this year.
post #18 of 53

I have a few resolutions for this year:

 

+building a well edited collection of high quality products instead of trying out so much...

+creating a routine to fake great skin, this includes finding the best foundation match to my skin possible & master base, concealer and powder application

+tightlining, tightlining, tighlining, until I can do it blind

post #19 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyrose View Post

I have a few resolutions for this year:

+building a well edited collection of high quality products instead of trying out so much...
+creating a routine to fake great skin, this includes finding the best foundation match to my skin possible & master base, concealer and powder application
+tightlining, tightlining, tighlining, until I can do it blind

That's a skill I'd love to have. smiles.gif
post #20 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpxgenie View Post


Ugh!  This is gonna be SOOO HARD!

Yes i know!cry.gifbut the past year i accumulated sooooooooo much makeup which i'll NEVER be able to use it up,so something needs to be done.thankfully the collections to come don't tempt me too much.We'll see..

post #21 of 53

Lol I also need to use up and not buy but it's so difficult with all these cute desirable things coming out lol any ideas or tricks?

post #22 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambre Tucker View Post

Lol I also need to use up and not buy but it's so difficult with all these cute desirable things coming out lol any ideas or tricks?

I made a list of things that i want from the collections to come and i'm going to try to stick to it.I'm an impulse shopper so when i have a list i can control myself a little bit better.oh.gif

post #23 of 53
Use foundation and take better care of my skin.
post #24 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangsgirl0510 View Post

Use foundation and take better care of my skin.

You know...I noticed that using foundation actually helped my skin a bit (didn't start using til I was 23. I feel like I was exposing my bare skin to the harsh environment & foundation created a barrier to that.
post #25 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma146rina View Post

I made a list of things that i want from the collections to come and i'm going to try to stick to it.I'm an impulse shopper so when i have a list i can control myself a little bit better.oh.gif

I am having to do that with all the collections coming out in the next 3 months. I hope this will help control the impulse spending, if I see all the $$ I have already planned to spend.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpxgenie View Post


You know...I noticed that using foundation actually helped my skin a bit (didn't start using til I was 23. I feel like I was exposing my bare skin to the harsh environment & foundation created a barrier to that.

I agree with this. First off, the barrier created by the foundation, and second, making sure to cleanse my skin (to remove makeup) has helped because I do it so much more thoroughly and regularly.

post #26 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagehen View Post

I am having to do that with all the collections coming out in the next 3 months. I hope this will help control the impulse spending, if I see all the $$ I have already planned to spend.

I agree with this. First off, the barrier created by the foundation, and second, making sure to cleanse my skin (to remove makeup) has helped because I do it so much more thoroughly and regularly.

Going to bed with makeup on used to be a horrible habit for me. I remember though that my skin was happiest when I would go for long morning jogs. The sweat would push all the bad stuff out. I just need to get motivated enough and go back to my old good habits.

I'll tack that on to my beauty resolution for this year as well.
post #27 of 53
I don't wear mu every day,so when I do I'd like to use my shadows more. And I've been trying to buy things I'll just use,master eyeliner lol. And get back on my work out regiment!
post #28 of 53

To be more adventurous in the colors I wear; not to get stuck in a rut.

post #29 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma146rina View Post

I made a list of things that i want from the collections to come and i'm going to try to stick to it.I'm an impulse shopper so when i have a list i can control myself a little bit better.oh.gif

I wouldn't call myself an impulse shopper there are times I go into a cosmetics store and leave with nothing my vice is "sales". Like the clearence bin on here lol if its a good price and I'm even remotely interested in it ill normally buy it. I set a goal for myself I can purchase whatever I want until Tomorrow but I won't buy unless its on my necessary list until I've hit pan or used up 3 products. Hey you have to start small lol. 

post #30 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma146rina View Post

I made a list of things that i want from the collections to come and i'm going to try to stick to it.I'm an impulse shopper so when i have a list i can control myself a little bit better.oh.gif

I wouldn't call myself an impulse shopper there are times I go into a cosmetics store and leave with nothing my vice is "sales". Like the clearence bin on here lol if its a good price and I'm even remotely interested in it ill normally buy it. I set a goal for myself I can purchase whatever I want until Tomorrow but I won't buy unless its on my necessary list until I've hit pan or used up 3 products. Hey you have to start small lol. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chatter
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Discussions › Chatter › 2013 Beauty Resolutions