or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick Collection (March 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick Collection (March 2013) - Page 6

post #151 of 715

For now, i'm interested in seeing:

 

Glamour Era - Mid-tone warm brown frost
Luxe Naturale - Light beige cream
Posh Tone - Soft warm nude cream
Dreaminess - Soft cool pink cream
Divine Choice - Mid-tone cool pink cream
 
I've almost used up two of my basic "everyday" lipsticks, L'Oreal Colour Riche Gilded Pink, a medium-light warm pink with gold shimmer, and Too Faced Centerfold, a medium-light slightly beige cool pink creme. I'm so sorry TF has discontinued their line Lip of Luxury lipsticks - they've replaced them with some other lip products, but few of the same colors.
post #152 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post
I can't count the number of times custies would twist it all the way up, just to swatch it on their hand! Then they'd stick the tube back in the displayer, still twisted up. I'd pick it right back up and twist it back to how it was, but they never got the point. People have no common sense.

 

I don't have OCD, but when i see lipsticks twisted way up in the displays, i always stop and twist them down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarwen View Post
People are so damn stupid. You can't help but notice once you've worked in retail. *rolls eyes*

 

I wouldn't say people are so much stupid - well, some are but they can't help that - we don't have much control over our level of actual intelligence. Rather i'd say too many are thoughtless and inconsiderate - that's something they could do something about, if they'd bother. And common sense, yeah, some people are definitely lacking in that - clearly it isn't all that common :-) Like people who throw trash out of their cars as they are driving around.

post #153 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

I don't have OCD, but when i see lipsticks twisted way up in the displays, i always stop and twist them down.

Lol, too many years in retail has made me too neat of a customer. If I see a display out of order while I'm checking it out, I'll make sure to reorganize it back to how it's supposed to look.
post #154 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaiFluff View Post

Lol, too many years in retail has made me too neat of a customer. If I see a display out of order while I'm checking it out, I'll make sure to reorganize it back to how it's supposed to look.

Yup! If i hold up a shirt to look at it, i fold it when i put it back. And not just normal fold, RETAIL fold!!!
post #155 of 715

I retail fold too. I wonder if these l/s will be like the Too Faced La Creme l/s. I love those.

post #156 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

For now, i'm interested in seeing:

 

Glamour Era - Mid-tone warm brown frost
Luxe Naturale - Light beige cream
Posh Tone - Soft warm nude cream
Dreaminess - Soft cool pink cream
Divine Choice - Mid-tone cool pink cream
 
I've almost used up two of my basic "everyday" lipsticks, L'Oreal Colour Riche Gilded Pink, a medium-light warm pink with gold shimmer, and Too Faced Centerfold, a medium-light slightly beige cool pink creme. I'm so sorry TF has discontinued their line Lip of Luxury lipsticks - they've replaced them with some other lip products, but few of the same colors.

 

Me too! They had one of my Holy Grail reds! (Note- I think I have about ten HG reds, but I still loved it!!) Despite my initial hesitance about the price, I have to admit I'm getting more curious to see what this formula is like. I'm a lipstick sucker...

post #157 of 715

I'm with you about Too Faced... I loved their Lips of Luxury line and the new one doesn't compare at all (they all have the same finish and colours are a little.. blah... I love Too Faced but... D: )

 

Let's see... I can be interested into:

 

Europe/ South Africa

Mineralize Rich Lipstick 22.00 US/26.00 CAD

 

Lush Life - Deep cool plum

Dreaminess - Soft cool pink cream

All Out Gorgeous - Deep warm red

Everyday Diva - True red cream

Elegant Accent - Mid-tone warm rose cream

Utterly Delicious - Bright coral cream

Divine Choice - Mid-tone cool pink cream

 

 

Lush Life... sounds yummy XDDD

post #158 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genn View Post

I retail fold too. I wonder if these l/s will be like the Too Faced La Creme l/s. I love those.
i really am debating on getting some of the too faced la creme since I heard great reviews but might wait to check these out since they will be close the the price point and more product.
post #159 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACupGrl View Post

Another pic of Posh Tone. Scroll down to pic with lady wearing pantyhose looking thing on her head-lol. She's wearing Spice lip pencil and Posh Tone l/s.
http://55secretstreet.typepad.com/55secretstreet/2012/09/nyfw-the-blonds-backstage-ss-2013-mac-cosmetics.html

Ohhh someone please tell me how to do my eyeshadow like the Asian Model's.   Only catch, I have the hooded eye/fold thing.  

post #160 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

Ohhh someone please tell me how to do my eyeshadow like the Asian Model's.   Only catch, I have the hooded eye/fold thing.  

I do too - that sort of slightly overhanging brow bone skin, right?

 

It's doable, if you don't try too hard for the whole crease line to be visible at all times. For us, we have to focus on the area at the outer edge of the eye to show off the effect. What works best for me is to take a sharp eye pencil in a softer color than what I want the crease line to be and carefully draw the line in so that it's just barely up over that little fold, but once i get to the outer edge where the fold is gone and the bone takes over, I make sure to get a really nice curve going under then up and out, along and past the outer curved edge of the bone.

 

Then I take liquid liner and line my upper lash line and extend that line just right, spaced under the brow crease line I've already made. You could do liner first and then the crease, but I find crease first is more even and foolproof for me. I like to use liquid liner for the control and the contrast, but you could use gel liner for a softer look.

 

Finally, I take powder shadow in the final color I want that crease line using a brush that gives me plenty of control (it could be a pencil brush or the edge of a stiff flat brush) and go over the eye pencil line, making sure to blend the shadow in with the pencil. Finish by carefully patting a lighter color on the lid and carefully extending it so that it perfectly fits on the outer edge between the crease and lid lines. 

 

The only other thing I think helps with this look when you have hooded lids is to use a pretty soft color for that crease line. Black and very dark greys are a bit harsh and accentuate the hooding. Taupe and soft browns, grey, blues, terra cotta, that sort of thing looks good. The lid color should be lighter, but again, don't do a super harsh contrast between dark and light and it will work better. The All Woman quad has got great colors to do this look.

 

Just a last note: if you like this look but are OK with a softer, less precision looking line, that eye contour brush from the Face & Body collection is fantastic for doing a soft crease line winged up under the brow bone in one step.

post #161 of 715
Thread Starter 

An update on the finish:

 

The Mineralize Rich lipsticks feel very rich. They do not compare to anything existing lipstick in the MAC product range. They are more like the Rouge Allure line from Chanel or the more glossy lipsticks from Dior. The packaging IS indeed bigger (it is like if you took the lid off Mineralize Concealer and put it on a Sheen Supreme).

 

post #162 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

An update on the finish:

 

The Mineralize Rich lipsticks feel very rich. They do not compare to anything existing lipstick in the MAC product range. They are more like the Rouge Allure line from Chanel or the more glossy lipsticks from Dior. The packaging IS indeed bigger (it is like if you took the lid off Mineralize Concealer and put it on a Sheen Supreme).

 

thanks mac guy for the info. i am very excited for these. i think the price range will not be expensive as compared to chanel and dior. i have been loving my dior glossy addicts cause they give a more fuller healthier lips. i hope these are similar.

post #163 of 715
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby1black View Post

thanks mac guy for the info. i am very excited for these. i think the price range will not be expensive as compared to chanel and dior. i have been loving my dior glossy addicts cause they give a more fuller healthier lips. i hope these are similar.

 

I'm excited about the new formula too. It will be a fabulous month of March :-)

post #164 of 715

since they are permanent im going to try 2 out when they are release, i didnt want to love a $22 LE lipstick with a low budget. 

post #165 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

since they are permanent im going to try 2 out when they are release, i didnt want to love a $22 LE lipstick with a low budget. 


I think these are going to be permanant

post #166 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisly View Post

I'm really not into this price. LOL

You got that right!  I am not into the packaging either.  The Prolongwear container has me suspicious of these (nonphallic) round tubes instead of the standard MAC bullets.  Almost every single one of them twists up, but doesn't twist back down which means wasted product, a mess, and screws with my OCD need to put it back in its place. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

An update on the finish:

 

The Mineralize Rich lipsticks feel very rich. They do not compare to anything existing lipstick in the MAC product range. They are more like the Rouge Allure line from Chanel or the more glossy lipsticks from Dior. The packaging IS indeed bigger (it is like if you took the lid off Mineralize Concealer and put it on a Sheen Supreme).

 

Well, I am relieved to be skipping.  The colors sound fabulous, but I am more into the mattes, mattenes, and amplified.  More for you big spenders.  bigstar.gif

post #167 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

You got that right!  I am not into the packaging either.  The Prolongwear container has me suspicious of these (nonphallic) round tubes instead of the standard MAC bullets.  Almost every single one of them twists up, but doesn't twist back down which means wasted product, a mess, and screws with my OCD need to put it back in its place. 

 

I thought it was just me! I freaked out a bit when my Goes and Goes (my first PLW lippie) refused to go back into its tube after I twisted it up about halfway to admire it when I took it home. Now I press it against my lips to exert pressure when I'm twisting it back down. My other PLWs are fine though.

post #168 of 715

I really can't wait to see swatches of these, I'm so much more excited for these than for Archie's.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

I thought it was just me! I freaked out a bit when my Goes and Goes (my first PLW lippie) refused to go back into its tube after I twisted it up about halfway to admire it when I took it home. Now I press it against my lips to exert pressure when I'm twisting it back down. My other PLWs are fine though.

 

^^I only have one and I have the same problem with it.

post #169 of 715

My Love Long Distance does the same thing. I was going to get a second one because I like the color. I decided not to because of the closing issue with the first one.

post #170 of 715

I actually saw some tiny swatches for this and some other upcoming collections today. There were several nice looking red - orangy shades.

 

Unfortunately I can't recall much of the swatches I saw because I was flabbergaster by the fact that we won't be getting Baking Beauties, Fashion sets or EDs here!!! WTF2.gif MAC!!! th_stormy.gifth_stormy.gifth_stormy.gif
 

post #171 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post

I actually saw some tiny swatches for this and some other upcoming collections today. There were several nice looking red - orangy shades.

Unfortunately I can't recall much of the swatches I saw because I was flabbergaster by the fact that we won't be getting Baking Beauties, Fashion sets or EDs here!!! WTF2.gif MAC!!! th_stormy.gifth_stormy.gifth_stormy.gif

 
WAAAAAAAAAAAT!? They're not US only or are they?! cry.gif
post #172 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

WAAAAAAAAAAAT!? They're not US only or are they?! cry.gif

International release is optional.
post #173 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post

I actually saw some tiny swatches for this and some other upcoming collections today. There were several nice looking red - orangy shades.

 

Unfortunately I can't recall much of the swatches I saw because I was flabbergaster by the fact that we won't be getting Baking Beauties, Fashion sets or EDs here!!! WTF2.gif MAC!!! th_stormy.gifth_stormy.gifth_stormy.gif
 

thud.gif Oh no, that sucks! I hope we get them in Germany. 

post #174 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post

I actually saw some tiny swatches for this and some other upcoming collections today. There were several nice looking red - orangy shades.

 

Unfortunately I can't recall much of the swatches I saw because I was flabbergaster by the fact that we won't be getting Baking Beauties, Fashion sets or EDs here!!! WTF2.gif MAC!!! th_stormy.gifth_stormy.gifth_stormy.gif
 

It's still early days, You never know smiles.gif

post #175 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post

thud.gif  Oh no, that sucks! I hope we get them in Germany. 

We usually get the prom collection, we did get Fashion Sets last year as well as the ED collection - so I'm not worried (yet).

Did you get any of those last year, MRV?
post #176 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

For now, i'm interested in seeing:

 

Glamour Era - Mid-tone warm brown frost
Luxe Naturale - Light beige cream
Posh Tone - Soft warm nude cream
Dreaminess - Soft cool pink cream
Divine Choice - Mid-tone cool pink cream
 
I've almost used up two of my basic "everyday" lipsticks, L'Oreal Colour Riche Gilded Pink, a medium-light warm pink with gold shimmer, and Too Faced Centerfold, a medium-light slightly beige cool pink creme. I'm so sorry TF has discontinued their line Lip of Luxury lipsticks - they've replaced them with some other lip products, but few of the same colors.


I love the Too Faced lipsticks too.

post #177 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post


WAAAAAAAAAAAT!? They're not US only or are they?! cry.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post

thud.gif Oh no, that sucks! I hope we get them in Germany. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

It's still early days, You never know smiles.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri View Post


We usually get the prom collection, we did get Fashion Sets last year as well as the ED collection - so I'm not worried (yet).

Did you get any of those last year, MRV?

 

Unfortunately this was fresh info from Mac update on upcoming collections. I was like what are we getting in April then? th_dunno.gif

 

I'm sure the big European countries will get these. I can get my stuff, but I really don't like the fact that we have moved from Mac periferia to something beyond that.

 

Anneri, we did not get the original ED collection either, but we got the Fashion sets last year. But this time "they won't come to the entire area" (whatever that is).

post #178 of 715
post #179 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post

Swatches&review of Lady at Play:

Coming this March 2013: MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick | PhoebeAnn.me
Wow! Thanks for posting. Umm def loving this color. I need to start using my other lipsticks or I am in trouble
post #180 of 715

Ahhh! I love new lipsticks!  But not having a MAC store around is killing me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick Collection (March 2013)