or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Extended Play GigaBlack Collection (March 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Extended Play GigaBlack Collection (March 2013)

post #1 of 65
Thread Starter 

... time fore a new thread. flower.gif

 

 

Please give proper credit to Specktra when you get your information from here. Don't steal :)

 

 

Extended Play Gigablack Lash March 14

 

Extended Play Gigablack Lash 16.00 US/19.00 CAD

Extended Play Gigablack Lash - Intense Black


Edited by Mac-Guy - 1/20/13 at 12:27am
post #2 of 65

shrugs.gifTrying to figure out what this collection would consist of? Color me intrigued.

post #3 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

shrugs.gifTrying to figure out what this collection would consist of? Color me intrigued.

Extended Play Lash Mascara in an extra carbon black color.

 

Btw, if you haven't tried this formula, it's really good. More thickness and drama than Opulash but more natural than Haute 'n Naughty and with a ton of curling power.

post #4 of 65

Thank you, liba! I definitely need to try this mascara.pretty.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Extended Lash Mascara in an extra carbon black color.

 

Btw, if you haven't tried this formula, it's really good. More thickness and drama than Opulash but more natural than Haute 'n Naughty and with a ton of curling power.

post #5 of 65

Sounds good. I'm using EP atm.
 

post #6 of 65
Seriously. All these mascaras and their super black counterparts are getting to be too much. It's rediculous!
post #7 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post

Seriously. All these mascaras and their super black counterparts are getting to be too much. It's rediculous!

Yeah it's indeed kinda over the top to do it with every mascara. I don't even see that much of a difference th_dunno.gif

post #8 of 65
There really isn't a noticeable difference. And the sad thing is is that the carbon black pigment tends to run on people with oily skin, so that cuts the target customer down a lot!
post #9 of 65
Thread Starter 

I want some new brown mascara!

post #10 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

I want some new brown mascara!


YES!

post #11 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post

There really isn't a noticeable difference. And the sad thing is is that the carbon black pigment tends to run on people with oily skin, so that cuts the target customer down a lot!

I've never had a problem with them running and I have oily skin, but I think it helps to put a good primer on your lids even when you're not wearing eyeshadow to prevent the oils from getting on your lashes. Still I don't do this always and even then it doens't run on me.

post #12 of 65

Thank you MAC-Guy for posting all these threads on the upcoming collections.  flower.gifflower.gifflower.gif

I would love a Brown Mascara too but I get tired of waiting on MAC sometimes.  So, I just bought a Dior one.

post #13 of 65

I'm thinking maybe this will be a liner and lash collection in black to go alongside the Orange collection?

post #14 of 65

I would love to see some new liners, like the ones that came out with Fab Felines...

post #15 of 65
I'm 99% sure this is just the super black version of extended play.
post #16 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post

There really isn't a noticeable difference. And the sad thing is is that the carbon black pigment tends to run on people with oily skin, so that cuts the target customer down a lot!

There's a pretty big difference between regular and Optimum Black Opulash - the carbon was was honestly too black to suit the formula, which is too natural style to handle it. I didn't like the look, and normally I like Opulash a lot.

 

I haven't tried out any of the others yet on my lashes, but it seems to me the less natural looking ones, you might not see the difference enough or it'd be just ridiculous.

post #17 of 65

Maybe I'm strange, but I never really notice too much of a difference between mascara formula's at least for Mac mascara's. For me it's all about the brush.

post #18 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

Maybe I'm strange, but I never really notice too much of a difference between mascara formula's at least for Mac mascara's. For me it's all about the brush.

I had so many years of not wearing mascara because it'd always run on me, so I would notice formulas a lot. I always liked Opulash because it not only doesn't run or smear on me, it's also really easy to remove, which is another sticking point I have with some mascaras. Right now I'm using Haute 'n Naughty and False Lashes, plus the colored Opulashes from Wonder Woman (I backed the hell up on those) and there are definitely differences in what they do to my lashes, and how well they set, etc. The different brushes matter to me too, but not as much as other things. 

 

False Lashes is the current winner atm, just because it really adds thickness and a nice natural looking curl, while also being easy to remove. It can smudge if I'm not careful, though, because it stays kind of moist.

post #19 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Thank you MAC-Guy for posting all these threads on the upcoming collections.  flower.gifflower.gifflower.gif
I would love a Brown Mascara too but I get tired of waiting on MAC sometimes.  So, I just bought a Dior one.

You are welcome :-)
post #20 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

I had so many years of not wearing mascara because it'd always run on me, so I would notice formulas a lot. I always liked Opulash because it not only doesn't run or smear on me, it's also really easy to remove, which is another sticking point I have with some mascaras. Right now I'm using Haute 'n Naughty and False Lashes, plus the colored Opulashes from Wonder Woman (I backed the hell up on those) and there are definitely differences in what they do to my lashes, and how well they set, etc. The different brushes matter to me too, but not as much as other things. 

 

False Lashes is the current winner atm, just because it really adds thickness and a nice natural looking curl, while also being easy to remove. It can smudge if I'm not careful, though, because it stays kind of moist.

I do notice a difference with adding thinkness and length, but I think I expressed myself the wrong way. I was meaning that I never notice with a mascara feeling heavier or it smudges more or the like. I'm currently using the False Lashes too and really like it.

post #21 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

I do notice a difference with adding thinkness and length, but I think I expressed myself the wrong way. I was meaning that I never notice with a mascara feeling heavier or it smudges more or the like. I'm currently using the False Lashes too and really like it.

oh be glad you don't, then - some mascara feels so heavy my lids feel almost like I'm wearing falsies. I have watery eyes too, so raccoon eyes are an issue with a lot of brands too. 

 

one thing nice about Opulash - I love the little tubes it forms - never crispy or sludgy ever and the easiest of all the MAC mascaras to clean off at night. gives a really natural look, as if you weren't wearing anything. Huge brush, though - not everyone likes that.

post #22 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

oh be glad you don't, then - some mascara feels so heavy my lids feel almost like I'm wearing falsies. I have watery eyes too, so raccoon eyes are an issue with a lot of brands too. 

 

one thing nice about Opulash - I love the little tubes it forms - never crispy or sludgy ever and the easiest of all the MAC mascaras to clean off at night. gives a really natural look, as if you weren't wearing anything. Huge brush, though - not everyone likes that.

I've also had Opulash both the normal and extra black and liked them. It has been over a year I think since I last had them though, because Mac has so many new mascara's and I like trying them.

I'm glad you found some mascara's you liked and of course if you get the new ones I would love to hear your thoughts:)

post #23 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

I had so many years of not wearing mascara because it'd always run on me, so I would notice formulas a lot. I always liked Opulash because it not only doesn't run or smear on me, it's also really easy to remove, which is another sticking point I have with some mascaras. Right now I'm using Haute 'n Naughty and False Lashes, plus the colored Opulashes from Wonder Woman (I backed the hell up on those) and there are definitely differences in what they do to my lashes, and how well they set, etc. The different brushes matter to me too, but not as much as other things. 

False Lashes is the current winner atm, just because it really adds thickness and a nice natural looking curl, while also being easy to remove. It can smudge if I'm not careful, though, because it stays kind of moist.

I like the normal sized football shaped mascara wands, such as mascara x. So sad cry.gif mac DCd it. I stocked up on that bad boy!!! I like false lash too, but not the wand. It's too stiff.
post #24 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


I like the normal sized football shaped mascara wands, such as mascara x. So sad cry.gif mac DCd it. I stocked up on that bad boy!!! I like false lash too, but not the wand. It's too stiff.

 

I know, right?! AND it came in brown.

post #25 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

oh be glad you don't, then - some mascara feels so heavy my lids feel almost like I'm wearing falsies. I have watery eyes too, so raccoon eyes are an issue with a lot of brands too. 

 

one thing nice about Opulash - I love the little tubes it forms - never crispy or sludgy ever and the easiest of all the MAC mascaras to clean off at night. gives a really natural look, as if you weren't wearing anything. Huge brush, though - not everyone likes that.

 

This is also my problem. I just hate mascaras that give any kind of raccoon symptomes. Once I did find a HG mascara that was even funeral tested but they don't make it any more.

 

I noticed that Guerlain has a purple mascara this spring: Cils D’Enfer Maxi Lash. (Scary name that collection has!) Wants that green quad, too!

post #26 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

I want some new brown mascara!


I kind of want a metallic bronze mascara

post #27 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genn View Post


I kind of want a metallic bronze mascara

Yes please!
post #28 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genn View Post


I kind of want a metallic bronze mascara


Almay just may have one of those...if not, YSL or Dior if you are willing to pay for their brand

post #29 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


Almay just may have one of those...if not, YSL or Dior if you are willing to pay for their brand


I will look into Almay. Thanks!

post #30 of 65
Thread Starter 

I've updated the color story. Enjoy!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Extended Play GigaBlack Collection (March 2013)