or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013) - Page 5

post #121 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

If this is a return of Sugar Sweet, we might see the green wig again. ROFL th_LMAO.gif

 


I'm cracking up at everybody's responses lol.gif I was actually about to say they need to do that collab with Meadham Kirchhoff we were talking about when those pictures were posted of the special packaging made for their runway show. 


http://rookiemag.com/2011/10/meadham-kirchhoff/ 


http://www.eyeshadowlipstick.com/10109/meadham-kirchhoff-spring-2012-rtw-beauty/



If yr gonna do pastels, visible wig lines, and crazy makeup then do it big! flower.gif

post #122 of 3625

I would actually love for this to be a cutesy, baking collection though! and I'd totally be down for some pastels and especially for Perfect Topping. I sadly missed out on Quite Cute and Sugar Sweet so I'd love to see something similar. 

post #123 of 3625

Is the point of this to make them look like living desserts? while I love the colors, I really don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketmouse View Post


I'm cracking up at everybody's responses lol.gif I was actually about to say they need to do that collab with Meadham Kirchhoff we were talking about when those pictures were posted of the special packaging made for their runway show. 


http://rookiemag.com/2011/10/meadham-kirchhoff/ 


http://www.eyeshadowlipstick.com/10109/meadham-kirchhoff-spring-2012-rtw-beauty/



If yr gonna do pastels, visible wig lines, and crazy makeup then do it big! flower.gif

post #124 of 3625

iagree.gifshrugs.gif

 

I do have a feeling this collection will be about baking like desserts (cakes, cupcakes, cookies). Something sugary and sweet. Maybe lots of pretty pastels like the Quite Cute collection. All I want is some purple stuff. Is that too much to ask for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genn View Post

Is the point of this to make them look like living desserts? while I love the colors, I really don't get it

post #125 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genn View Post

Is the point of this to make them look like living desserts? while I love the colors, I really don't get it


LOL if you look at the Rookiemag link he actually captioned the photos they took and talked a lot about their inspiration behind the collection, but I found the one where he's talking about the wig in the first photo:

"This looks so good. It’s a painted/melted wig by James Pecis. Usually the hair is the first thing that comes to me for a collection, but this season I was really stuck. I wanted something really traditionally glamorous, but something gross and cool too. And I wanted them all bleach blonde. James sent me this idea he had been working on: melting wigs. It seemed perfect, to combine his melted-wig idea with all of these classic blonde-beauty glamour hair do’s, and a splash of color. Here we can see the nail stickers that Nail Rock made for us, using all the little figures we used throughout the collection."

so "traditionally glamorous, but something gross and cool too" a lot of their looks are really out there, I don't think they're necessarily about looking good or being wearable (at least in a conventional sense) it's definitely a certain aesthetic. 
 

post #126 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketmouse View Post


LOL if you look at the Rookiemag link he actually captioned the photos they took and talked a lot about their inspiration behind the collection, but I found the one where he's talking about the wig in the first photo:

"This looks so good. It’s a painted/melted wig by James Pecis. Usually the hair is the first thing that comes to me for a collection, but this season I was really stuck. I wanted something really traditionally glamorous, but something gross and cool too. And I wanted them all bleach blonde. James sent me this idea he had been working on: melting wigs. It seemed perfect, to combine his melted-wig idea with all of these classic blonde-beauty glamour hair do’s, and a splash of color. Here we can see the nail stickers that Nail Rock made for us, using all the little figures we used throughout the collection."

so "traditionally glamorous, but something gross and cool too" a lot of their looks are really out there, I don't think they're necessarily about looking good or being wearable (at least in a conventional sense) it's definitely a certain aesthetic. 
 


They look like melting ice cream cones to me. huh2.gif  so while i don't find them gross I do find them a little bit sad.

post #127 of 3625
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketmouse View Post


I'm cracking up at everybody's responses  I was actually about to say they need to do that collab with Meadham Kirchhoff we were talking about when those pictures were posted of the special packaging made for their runway show. 


http://rookiemag.com/2011/10/meadham-kirchhoff/ 


http://www.eyeshadowlipstick.com/10109/meadham-kirchhoff-spring-2012-rtw-beauty/



If yr gonna do pastels, visible wig lines, and crazy makeup then do it bigflower.gif

 

 

lol.gif

post #128 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketmouse View Post

I would actually love for this to be a cutesy, baking collection though! and I'd totally be down for some pastels and especially for Perfect Topping. I sadly missed out on Quite Cute and Sugar Sweet so I'd love to see something similar. 

 

I agree!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

If this is a return of Sugar Sweet, we might see the green wig again. ROFL th_LMAO.gif

 

 

LMAO I like this picture, even the minty green wig.  I might be a bit biased about the color of the wig because I used to dip dye my hair in that exact color and I loved it.

post #129 of 3625
I know mineralized products are baked, but maybe they will come out with some new colors, it's never too early for some baked goods, especially makeup related!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

You're right, mineralized products are baked. And April is too early for the big mineralize collection, so it must be something different. yes.gif[/quote
post #130 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketmouse View Post

I would actually love for this to be a cutesy, baking collection though! and I'd totally be down for some pastels and especially for Perfect Topping. I sadly missed out on Quite Cute and Sugar Sweet so I'd love to see something similar. 

 

iagree.gif  I somehow missed out on Sugar Sweet myself.  Didn't miss out on Quite Cute, but I didn't buy much from that collection.  Actually, I don't know if I bought anything from that collection.  That must've been a month that I had amazingly good self-restraint!  Or, more likely, amazingly low funds...

post #131 of 3625

Is it just me or does it seem like MAC keeps recycling the same themes year after year? Pastel, Summer, Winter. Same ideas, same sort of color families. I'd like to see a new and original theme. I'd like to see them do a Rainforest theme with lots of jewel tones!

post #132 of 3625

I've got it. Pastel pigeon poo has to be what they were going for!

post #133 of 3625
That would be amazing!!

I have a feeling that they could switch this up and make it all about baking in the sun with bronzers galore. I hope not, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisforluvrs View Post

Is it just me or does it seem like MAC keeps recycling the same themes year after year? Pastel, Summer, Winter. Same ideas, same sort of color families. I'd like to see a new and original theme. I'd like to see them do a Rainforest theme with lots of jewel tones!
post #134 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisforluvrs View Post

Is it just me or does it seem like MAC keeps recycling the same themes year after year? Pastel, Summer, Winter. Same ideas, same sort of color families. I'd like to see a new and original theme. I'd like to see them do a Rainforest theme with lots of jewel tones!


It isn't just MAC, the fashion world recycles the same colors and themes most seasons.  The colors get muted or lighter or darker or they emphasize a different version of the same shade.  And some things make sense, such as offering bronzers in the summer, which is a good venue for mineralized products or offering lip balms in the winter or early spring.  I also think if they had success with a theme (like Wonder Woman) and they have been through the process of getting the licensing they are likely to try a similar tactic in the future. 

 

I would love a rainforest theme and usually they have jewel tones in the summer (as do many lines like NARS and Dior)  I actually think MAC tends to be a little ahead of the curve and right on trend with what the fashion gurus are doing.

post #135 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


It isn't just MAC, the fashion world recycles the same colors and themes most seasons.  The colors get muted or lighter or darker or they emphasize a different version of the same shade.  And some things make sense, such as offering bronzers in the summer, which is a good venue for mineralized products or offering lip balms in the winter or early spring.  I also think if they had success with a theme (like Wonder Woman) and they have been through the process of getting the licensing they are likely to try a similar tactic in the future. 

 

I would love a rainforest theme and usually they have jewel tones in the summer (as do many lines like NARS and Dior)  I actually think MAC tends to be a little ahead of the curve and right on trend with what the fashion gurus are doing.


That's true. Chanel does the same thing, which is probably why I haven't purchased anything from their collections in a while. NARS does offer quite a bit of different and original colors throughout their collections. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to them!

post #136 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisforluvrs View Post


That's true. Chanel does the same thing, which is probably why I haven't purchased anything from their collections in a while. NARS does offer quite a bit of different and original colors throughout their collections. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to them!


And I am betting they have some great jewel tones in their summer launch. 

post #137 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


It isn't just MAC, the fashion world recycles the same colors and themes most seasons.  The colors get muted or lighter or darker or they emphasize a different version of the same shade.  And some things make sense, such as offering bronzers in the summer, which is a good venue for mineralized products or offering lip balms in the winter or early spring.  I also think if they had success with a theme (like Wonder Woman) and they have been through the process of getting the licensing they are likely to try a similar tactic in the future. 

 

I would love a rainforest theme and usually they have jewel tones in the summer (as do many lines like NARS and Dior)  I actually think MAC tends to be a little ahead of the curve and right on trend with what the fashion gurus are doing.

 

Each season I hear that "red lips are in"

post #138 of 3625

Just gotten into this thread, and i haven't caught up yet. This comment is in response to Page Two.

 

Perfect Topping MSF! I would love that. I've never seen it in person, but i recently researched on all MAC collections back to 2008, and this is one of the MSFs that jumped out at me.

 

And the name of the MSF suits that name of the collection...

post #139 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisforluvrs View Post

Is it just me or does it seem like MAC keeps recycling the same themes year after year? Pastel, Summer, Winter. Same ideas, same sort of color families. I'd like to see a new and original theme. I'd like to see them do a Rainforest theme with lots of jewel tones!

 

eyelove.gif   I would be all over that!  And Emerald is the color of 2013, so hopefully we'll be getting into those kinds of colors this summer.

post #140 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns View Post
BTW, how many collections are we expecting in April? 

 

 

Well, looking over all the new boards that Mac-Guy has started, it looks like 4 releases in April. One is just Extended Play GigaBlack Mascara.

 

But as far a collections go, there appear to be three: Baking Beauties, In Extra Dimension 2013, and Fashion Sets 2013.
post #141 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

 

 

Well, looking over all the new boards that Mac-Guy has started, it looks like 4 releases in April. One is just Extended Play GigaBlack Mascara.

 

But as far a collections go, there appear to be three: Baking Beauties, In Extra Dimension 2013, and Fashion Sets 2013.


ohhhhh somehow i missed the ED 2013. Thank you!

post #142 of 3625
Didn't someone say MAC couldn't get the ingredients for PT anymore? I also liked Refined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

Just gotten into this thread, and i haven't caught up yet. This comment is in response to Page Two.

Perfect Topping MSF! I would love that. I've never seen it in person, but i recently researched on all MAC collections back to 2008, and this is one of the MSFs that jumped out at me.

And the name of the MSF suits that name of the collection...
post #143 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven View Post
IF this does end up being the sugar sweet/quite cute kind of collection I'm hoping it will be, I REALLY hope we get some new plush glasses like we did last year with Vera :3 

 

Not a fan of Plushglasses. I have a couple because i loved the colors - I ♥ U (Creamy very sheer milky violet purple) from Quite Cute and Butterfly Dream - (sheer mid-tone violet with blue pearl) from Vera [Go Team Purple!] - but otherwise, i'm not a fan of "lip plumping" formulae.

post #144 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah View Post

Not a fan of Plushglasses. I have a couple because i loved the colors - I ♥ U (Creamy very sheer milky violet purple) from Quite CuteandButterfly Dream - (sheer mid-tone violet with blue pearl) from Vera [Go Team Purple!] - but otherwise, i'm not a fan of "lip plumping" formulae.

I can't handle the smell. I have to hold my breath when i apply it.
post #145 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisforluvrs View Post
[SNIP] NARS does offer quite a bit of different and original colors throughout their collections. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to them!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post
And I am betting they have some great jewel tones in their summer launch. 

 

NARS already has some very intense colors in his Spring 2013 collection: very saturated turquoise-cyan and emerald green in the Mad Mad World eyeshadow duo - very saturated intense "paprika" in the Persia eyeshadow single - intense yellow-gold in the Corcovado soft shadow pencil - and intense plum ("sangria") in Seduction blush.

 

I have no idea what his Summer 2013 collection will offer, although he usually has some bronzing stuff.

post #146 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post
Awwww,  l like the green wig.  The PJ's need to go though.

 

She's not in pj's at all. It may be the cupcake graphic overlay that makes what she's wearing look like pj's. When you can see more of it, it's a rather 1960s Courrèges style jacket, but in double ikat dyed fabric. Here's a larger photo:

 

post #147 of 3625
I'm sure it's not a special packaging collection, but I'd love to see pink packaging again. Like heatherette.
post #148 of 3625

I kind of hope it's a bronzing collection because then I'll have zero skipper's remorse.

post #149 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarwen View Post

I kind of hope it's a bronzing collection because then I'll have zero skipper's remorse.

    haha good point. i nver wear bronzer so im with you!! 

post #150 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2browneyes View Post

Summer collection?

Oooh the summer collec. Is all ways my fav of the yr. Thankyou for reminding me about it now I have to be very cautious and not go overboard with

Archie cause the summer collec.is coming Soon too....yippie!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)