or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC All About Orange Collection (June 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC All About Orange Collection (June 2013) - Page 7

post #181 of 5982
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215 View Post



Hayley, who?


http://www.specktra.net/t/182388/mac-x-hayley-williams-april-2013 ;-)

post #182 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

Hayley Williams, vocalist of the band Paramore.


Thanks! I know the group, but not the lead's name.
Wasn't their suppose to be something with Twiggy this year?
post #183 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

Hayley Williams, vocalist of the band Paramore.


Thanks! I know the group, but not the lead's name.
Wasn't their suppose to be something with Twiggy this year?
post #184 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

Hayley Williams, vocalist of the band Paramore.


Thanks! I know the group, but not the lead's name.
Wasn't their suppose to be something with Twiggy this year?

Oh okay. I wasn't familiar with her by name but I live her vocals on the band's two songs from the Twilight soundtrack.
post #185 of 5982

There better be tons of eyeshadows. All the better to make my eyes stand out.

post #186 of 5982

LOL at LA. 

post #187 of 5982

I hope I can skip this one. I used to thoroughly HATE the colour orange, but somewhere along the way that changed. hmm.gif

 

I actually looks flattering on my NC 15 skin. At least, it can look flattering. Modern Mandarin definately does. Still lemming Taj Mahal and I WILL get that one. One day...(probably when the temperature goes up)heat.gif

post #188 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

I hope I can skip this one. I used to thoroughly HATE the colour orange, but somewhere along the way that changed. hmm.gif

 

I actually looks flattering on my NC 15 skin. At least, it can look flattering. Modern Mandarin definately does. Still lemming Taj Mahal and I WILL get that one. One day...(probably when the temperature goes up)heat.gif

 

My moment of enlightenment came when I tried on Neon Orange just for a laugh. Never in a million years would I imagine walking out the store with that lipstick!

 

I still don't do terracotta tones though.

post #189 of 5982

I'm looking forward to popping out my Morange lipglass from the Fashion Set Collection 2012 for the summer!love.gif

post #190 of 5982
I wonder if the new orange shadows that are coming out before this will be repromoted in this collection. I only have 3 slots left in my orange/yellow eyeshadow palette so i need to choose wisely :-\
post #191 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

My moment of enlightenment came when I tried on Neon Orange just for a laugh. Never in a million years would I imagine walking out the store with that lipstick!

 

I still don't do terracotta tones though.

I know, Terra Cotta can look really tacky if applied too heavily and on the wrong skintone. I avoid it too.

post #192 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

I hope I can skip this one. I used to thoroughly HATE the colour orange, but somewhere along the way that changed. hmm.gif

 

I actually looks flattering on my NC 15 skin. At least, it can look flattering. Modern Mandarin definately does. Still lemming Taj Mahal and I WILL get that one. One day...(probably when the temperature goes up)heat.gif

I was able to try Modern Mandarin yesterday and WOW that may be my Spring blush. Supposed to be on a no-MAC blush buy though...

post #193 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

I was able to try Modern Mandarin yesterday and WOW that may be my Spring blush. Supposed to be on a no-MAC blush buy though...

Wow where were you able to find Modern Mandarin? Is it at a CCO? 

post #194 of 5982
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelitzer View Post

Wow where were you able to find Modern Mandarin? Is it at a CCO? 

 

Modern Mandarin and Peony Petal are all over CCO's ATM.

post #195 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelitzer View Post

Wow where were you able to find Modern Mandarin? Is it at a CCO? 

Yep there were like 10 of them. I think I'll pick it up next month.

post #196 of 5982

That's a gorgeous blush... sigh.gif

post #197 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Yep there were like 10 of them. I think I'll pick it up next month.
oh.gif modern mandarin is amazing smiles.gif
post #198 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

Modern Mandarin and Peony Petal are all over CCO's ATM.

coolness. i didn't think there would be any after it sold out on the websites. i think i only used modern mandarin once or twice which is why i'm being more selective with blush purchase this year. i almost got 2 BU of it when it restocked. so many not being used in my stash. my CCO right now only has tartan tale palettes and other older collections. nothing from last year.

post #199 of 5982

It just occurred to me that this collection could also be the same shade of orange but in different finishes: frost, satin, lustre, cremesheen... :)

I would prefer it to be different shades of orange, rather than different finishes of it, but I can work with that. It'd be nice to have a frosty orange eyeshadow.

post #200 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by iATEaSEAmonster View Post

It just occurred to me that this collection could also be the same shade of orange but in different finishes: frost, satin, lustre, cremesheen... smiles.gif
I would prefer it to be different shades of orange, rather than different finishes of it, but I can work with that. It'd be nice to have a frosty orange eyeshadow.

There is def different shades of oranges out there. Plus if you do factor in the different finishes it can turn out to be a big collection.

The only frosty orange eyeshadows i have is 'off the page' and 'fresh daily' and i have Orange tangent, Juiced, and Sunsplosion eyeshadows on their way to my house that i bought from a fellow specktra member.
post #201 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlydee View Post


There is def different shades of oranges out there. Plus if you do factor in the different finishes it can turn out to be a big collection.

The only frosty orange eyeshadows i have is 'off the page' and 'fresh daily' and i have Orange tangent, Juiced, and Sunsplosion eyeshadows on their way to my house that i bought from a fellow specktra member.

Good point. I can't see this being a huge collection, what with Archie's Girls and Baking Beauties already being pretty big.

post #202 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

 

It does seem funny to me that they'd do an orange collection, when it was declared the "colour of 2012" and Sephora made such a big deal out of their Pantone Universe selections. Not that the products are any less pretty now, but the timing makes Mac seem very late to the party.

it does seem funny, but from what i recall the declaration was just pantone and sephora. though obviously we did see a lot of orange, i think companies get colour forecasts that get applied a little more loosely in terms of timescale than a specific shade for a given year... i kind of prefer to wear colours when they're not 'the' colour of the moment, but still generally on trend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlydee View Post


There is def different shades of oranges out there. Plus if you do factor in the different finishes it can turn out to be a big collection.

The only frosty orange eyeshadows i have is 'off the page' and 'fresh daily' and i have Orange tangent, Juiced, and Sunsplosion eyeshadows on their way to my house that i bought from a fellow specktra member.

i've often initially been interested in frosty orange shades, only to swatch and be disappointed - and end up not buying them. same thing happens to me with greens.  i have yet to find the perfect green. they're usually either too lemony, or they make me look like the wicked witch of the west!

post #203 of 5982
This is a link I found to some MAC S/S 2013 face charts that includes a gorgeous orange eye look:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fgEHDCO_phc/UGyWYbC4s-I/AAAAAAAAZ7s/pgojeRmDSdk/s1600/mac-pfw-manish2013.png
post #204 of 5982
Also found this gorgeous nail polish on the same page:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0MWH6w2GG5o/UGyW6CyCP0I/AAAAAAAAZ78/ukjt0Bi5ZBA/s1600/mac-pfw-manish-nails.png

I'm not sure if it's gold glitter or what color but it's gorgeous😍.
post #205 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACupGrl View Post

This is a link I found to some MAC S/S 2013 face charts that includes a gorgeous orange eye look:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fgEHDCO_phc/UGyWYbC4s-I/AAAAAAAAZ7s/pgojeRmDSdk/s1600/mac-pfw-manish2013.png

thanks for the links!

really nice looks...i think i need that nail polish for certain!

i wish they would change the font though for their face charts - i find them kinda harder to read then the old style! 

post #206 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACupGrl View Post

Also found this gorgeous nail polish on the same page:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0MWH6w2GG5o/UGyW6CyCP0I/AAAAAAAAZ78/ukjt0Bi5ZBA/s1600/mac-pfw-manish-nails.png

I'm not sure if it's gold glitter or what color but it's gorgeous😍.
I am getting that polish!!!!
post #207 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACupGrl View Post

This is a link I found to some MAC S/S 2013 face charts that includes a gorgeous orange eye look:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fgEHDCO_phc/UGyWYbC4s-I/AAAAAAAAZ7s/pgojeRmDSdk/s1600/mac-pfw-manish2013.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACupGrl View Post

Also found this gorgeous nail polish on the same page:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0MWH6w2GG5o/UGyW6CyCP0I/AAAAAAAAZ78/ukjt0Bi5ZBA/s1600/mac-pfw-manish-nails.png

I'm not sure if it's gold glitter or what color but it's gorgeous😍.

They're both permanent products.
post #208 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post



They're both permanent products.

thanks! going to check out the nail polish in the store next time i'm there...

post #209 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

thanks! going to check out the nail polish in the store next time i'm there...

Here ya go doll!

post #210 of 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


They're both permanent products.
oh ok thanks! I don't need to rush to get it then! winks.gif I love when that happens! but sadly I never pick up perm products up im always trying to Keep up with the LE collections!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC All About Orange Collection (June 2013)