or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013) - Page 6

post #151 of 1747

I picked up only the lipsticks on the last collection which I love but today received FM Beauty Powder from a blog sale and I regret not picking up BUs.  I hope they repromote the FM BP because I will definitely pick up several!!

post #152 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by danirn16 View Post

I picked up only the lipsticks on the last collection which I love but today received FM Beauty Powder from a blog sale and I regret not picking up BUs.  I hope they repromote the FM BP because I will definitely pick up several!!

I picked up 1 BU from a blog sale also. smiles.gif

post #153 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelamazing View Post


Yeah, the eyeshadows definitely bothered me more than the lipsticks. Marilyn always had that beautifully contoured neutral eye. I would have rather seen neutral mattes than a bunch of pale sparkly shades.

 

I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see colors based on some of her famous costumes. Because heck yes I'd buy a lipstick the color of her Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend dress!

 

Love that pic...

 

well, I don't mind another MM. I think FM definately needs to be included, as well as both some repromoted lippies and some new ones and yes, matte neutral eye shadows. I got none of the e/s. They didn't make sense to me tbh.


Edited by MACerette - 2/9/13 at 10:15pm
post #154 of 1747

I can't wait to see the lipsticks from this collection

post #155 of 1747

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg.gif

post #156 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

I would love a loose Beauty Powder in a pretty  powder box along with a decorative powder puff  eyelove.gif
Oooh I would snatch that up in a heartbeat!
post #157 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelitzer View Post
You're not missing anything when you didn't get preferred blonde. It's gritty, sparkly and chalky. It's nothing like any veluxe pearl I've seen. :(

 

Actually, it is the ONLY thing i DID get. I like it. I keep it in my basic makeup kit. On me it isn't chalky, but i know things vary depending on skin tone. I didn't find it uncomfortably gritty. And if you peek at my sig you'll see i like sparklyth_thstars.gifWe all like different stuff that why there is SO MUCH different stuff!!!

post #158 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post
I would love a loose Beauty Powder in a pretty  powder box along with a decorative powder puff  eyelove.gif

 

Back in the late 60s or early 70s i had some L.T. Piver Pompeia loose powder in an old-fashioned cardboard box. And for it i bought a puff - it was hot pink swansdown. Ah, the bad old dayswinks.gif

post #159 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

I would love a loose Beauty Powder in a pretty  powder box along with a decorative powder puff  eyelove.gif

 

I'd definitely buy that!!!! heart.gif

post #160 of 1747

I hope this doesn't happen until at least Christmas. $$$$$$

post #161 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular View Post

I'm kinda surprised they haven't done it yet, but MAC should really do a Screen Legends Collection.

 

Marilyn, Hepburn, Bardot...I'm sure others could fill in 1 or 2 more ladies.

 

It'd probably be more effective than a single collection focused on a single woman. I think a mascara purely focused on getting Hepburn's Dolly Lashes + False Eyelashes. Marilyn's Iconic Lips and a Beauty Powder. A Bronzing Powder and Eyeliner for Bardot. 

 

Just something to make these collections a little more WOC friendly. 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique33 View Post

I agree a Screen Legend Collection, Brigitte Bardot and Audrey Hepburn and many others too. That would be great !

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondKurzweil View Post

Give me a Sophia Loren collection and I will buy anything and everything with BUs, I would seriously lose my mind.

Double if it was a Sophia collection with her and Monica Bellucci in the print ads. I weep at the thought.


They did the Beauty Icons a few years ago (Liza Minnelli, Diana Ross, Catherine Deneuve, Raquel Welch, Dame Edna) I really wish they would have kept that going...All of the ladies you all mentioned would have been amazing in that series of collections.

post #162 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHeffner View Post

 

 


They did the Beauty Icons a few years ago (Liza Minnelli, Diana Ross, Catherine Deneuve, Raquel Welch, Dame Edna) I really wish they would have kept that going...All of the ladies you all mentioned would have been amazing in that series of collections.

ohhh i wish i would have been around for that. must have been awesome. i do hope they do something with the legends they mentioned above. I would seriously buy everything LOL

post #163 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular View Post

I'm kinda surprised they haven't done it yet, but MAC should really do a Screen Legends Collection.

Marilyn, Hepburn, Bardot...I'm sure others could fill in 1 or 2 more ladies.

It'd probably be more effective than a single collection focused on a single woman. I think a mascara purely focused on getting Hepburn's Dolly Lashes + False Eyelashes. Marilyn's Iconic Lips and a Beauty Powder. A Bronzing Powder and Eyeliner for Bardot. 

Just something to make these collections a little more WOC friendly. 


Sophia Loren
post #164 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondKurzweil View Post

Give me a Sophia Loren collection and I will buy anything and everything with BUs, I would seriously lose my mind.
Double if it was a Sophia collection with her and Monica Bellucci in the print ads. I weep at the thought.

Yessssss she's freaking beautiful
I Stan hard for Sophia!
post #165 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelamazing View Post


Yeah, the eyeshadows definitely bothered me more than the lipsticks. Marilyn always had that beautifully contoured neutral eye. I would have rather seen neutral mattes than a bunch of pale sparkly shades.

I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see colors based on some of her famous costumes. Because heck yes I'd buy a lipstick the color of her Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend dress!



The dress looks like PiPi to mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecolorgeek View Post

im dying for a marilyn eyehdow quad^^^

YAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

I would love a loose Beauty Powder in a pretty  powder box along with a decorative powder puff  eyelove.gif

They really need to bring the loose BPs back!
post #166 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post

Originally Posted by thecolorgeek View Post

im dying for a marilyn eyehdow quad^^^

YAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!

LMAO. #icant

My friend just told me a joke with that expression last week:

What sound does a cow make? Moooo. What should does a dog make? Woof Woof. What sound does a bird make? YAAAAASSSSSSS!!!! th_roll1.gif

The IG photos are a riot too.

 

Back to the topic: I'm waiting for the color story because I may be seeing red if it's a complete repromote.

post #167 of 1747

iagree.gifiagree.gifiagree.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881 View Post


The dress looks like PiPi to mean.
YAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!
They really need to bring the loose BPs back!
post #168 of 1747

I hope they will do lippies in the retromatte formula like Ruby Woo. I got Ruby Woo recently and love it (can you believe that I didn't have Ruby Woo for all those years!). I know some people find it very drying, but as long as I used prep + prime and a lipliner underneath I can handle it and the effect is to die for!

post #169 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

I hope they will do lippies in the retromatte formula like Ruby Woo. I got Ruby Woo recently and love it (can you believe that I didn't have Ruby Woo for all those years!). I know some people find it very drying, but as long as I used prep + prime and a lipliner underneath I can handle it and the effect is to die for!

Well,  then you finally discovered one of the most beautiful MAC lipstick IMO. If it weren't so drying I would wear it all the time. Even with P+P my lips get really dry after a few hours. Now I save it for special occasions or if I know I'll only wear it for an evening or a few hours out. I don't love it one bit less though. I think it is my no. 1 red lipstick, even if I don' t reach for it on regular basis. Sounds weird, I know..

 

ETA: I do love Party Parrot a lot though...

post #170 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

Well,  then you finally discovered one of the most beautiful MAC lipstick IMO. If it weren't so drying I would wear it all the time. Even with P+P my lips get really dry after a few hours. Now I save it for special occasions or if I know I'll only wear it for an evening or a few hours out. I don't love it one bit less though. I think it is my no. 1 red lipstick, even if I don' t reach for it on regular basis. Sounds weird, I know..

 

ETA: I do love Party Parrot a lot though...

I'm glad you like it so much as well! The colour is really special and I see why it's a favorite among so many.

post #171 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

I'm glad you like it so much as well! The colour is really special and I see why it's a favorite among so many.

Is it a blue red or more an orange red? I myself am a big fan of the blue reds!

post #172 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

I hope they will do lippies in the retromatte formula like Ruby Woo. I got Ruby Woo recently and love it (can you believe that I didn't have Ruby Woo for all those years!). I know some people find it very drying, but as long as I used prep + prime and a lipliner underneath I can handle it and the effect is to die for!

I put on Vaseline on before ruby woo. Not so bad
post #173 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthingsmakeup View Post

Is it a blue red or more an orange red? I myself am a big fan of the blue reds!

She's a beautiful blue red
post #174 of 1747

I'm majorly tempted to pick up Ruby Woo and Prep & Prime Lip now. I'm a red lip addict lately!

post #175 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knope2012 View Post

I'm majorly tempted to pick up Ruby Woo and Prep & Prime Lip now. I'm a red lip addict lately!


You will not regret this.

post #176 of 1747

Get it, I am sure it will look beautiful on you, Knope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knope2012 View Post

I'm majorly tempted to pick up Ruby Woo and Prep & Prime Lip now. I'm a red lip addict lately!

post #177 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

Get it, I am sure it will look beautiful on you, Knope!

Thank you, I just ordered it, along with Prep and Prime lip. I have no willpower when it comes to pretty lipsticks these days!

post #178 of 1747

pompom.gif....YAY!

 

Please let us know how you like it then smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knope2012 View Post

Thank you, I just ordered it, along with Prep and Prime lip. I have no willpower when it comes to pretty lipsticks these days!

post #179 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

pompom.gif....YAY!

 

Please let us know how you like it then smiles.gif

I will smiles.gif I think I'm going to do lip swatches of all my MAC lipsticks so that I can figure out which shades work the best for me. I'm excited for Ruby Woo to get here!

post #180 of 1747

Thank you smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knope2012 View Post

I will smiles.gif I think I'm going to do lip swatches of all my MAC lipsticks so that I can figure out which shades work the best for me. I'm excited for Ruby Woo to get here!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)