or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NYX Products - Page 10

post #271 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

I'm not too crazy about this line. The color barely showed up at all, even with primer.
post #272 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Okay so I was just at the store and bought a trio... I am wondering though... is the chrome shadows thats are in the cubes the same as the shadows in the little vials? I opened a cube one and it was powdery so I am just wondering. I checked the Canadian NYX site and I could not find the chrome shadows in the cube... but the site shows the shadows in the vials.
post #273 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Does anyone know if Cherry Culture has legit NYX products (and other products)???

I've ordered Mac from discount.makeup.com and that stuff was FAKE. Ive bought NYX products from Asian salons here in Northern California and I have always wondered if it was fake stuff.

And does anyone know where Cherry Culture is based out of? Southern California ??
post #274 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

i went to the Pharma Plus by my house today (haven't been there in months) and saw a NYX display so i rushed over there and got myself a trio. when i got home, i looked at my receipt and saw that it was on sale (20% off). NYX is pretty expensive in Canada compared to the US. the trio cost me $7.99 but regular price is $9.99 and single e/s and nail polishes are $5.99. jumbo eye pencils are $4.99 and i don't remember the prices of the other things.
post #275 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

20% off... i should check the PharmaPlus near my house... I wished they had more selections in Trios they never have the ones I want. I think I've been to 5 PhramaPlus&Rexall in Toronto... yet none had the ones I wanted lol

The only one near me is one in Etobicoke.
post #276 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahtay View Post
20% off... i should check the PharmaPlus near my house... I wished they had more selections in Trios they never have the ones I want. I think I've been to 5 PhramaPlus&Rexall in Toronto... yet none had the ones I wanted lol

The only one near me is one in Etobicoke.
there's a new Pharma Plus flyer and NYX is in it. save 25% on NYX! sale starts on saturday. the one by my house has pretty good selection.

i've never been to a rexall, but i've seen one that's about a 10 minute drive from my house.
post #277 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineeee_ View Post
there's a new Pharma Plus flyer and NYX is in it. save 25% on NYX! sale starts on saturday. the one by my house has pretty good selection.

Where abouts is this Pharma Plus in Mississauga (main interesection)?

I live near Dundas&Dixie... and the Pharma Plus there isn't listed on NXY website that sells NYX. Unless they do now without updating the website. But i'll check it out


post #278 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Hi guys! has anyone tried NYX brushes?? I'm wondering if they're worth trying....?
post #279 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

I wish we had NYX in the UK, ebay US rarely has them and when they do its so expensive! Heard good stuff about them as well. lol oh well, we have enough here
post #280 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahtay View Post
Where abouts is this Pharma Plus in Mississauga (main interesection)?

I live near Dundas&Dixie... and the Pharma Plus there isn't listed on NXY website that sells NYX. Unless they do now without updating the website. But i'll check it out


just head over to the one in cloverdale mall or the big one at islington and dundas instead. the display is a small one (only 30 shades of single e/s i believe, no lip products at all)

apparently the only place that stocks a larger display of nyx in the toronto area is at yonge/eglinton, but i have not yet been there to verify.


or you can order online. sungems and stylejunkie are 2 good ebay stores for it.
post #281 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

i heard the nyx professional brushes are pretty good
post #282 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

To people in Europe wanting to try this line...

If you go onto the NYX page, they have this distributor map:

NYX Cosmetics: Simple Life, Simple Cosmetics

I contacted nyx customer services by email and they gave me the name of the distributor here in Switzerland. I'm going to call them after lunch and see if I can do a direct order with them. They are sold in some obscure salons here apparently but all really far away from where I live, and none of them are in major cities! (wtf, how useless.)

I am very curious as to how much they will charge for these dang products here in overpriced, expensive Switzerland, seeing how cheap these are in the States. :/

They are marketing them here as "professional makeup" which is funny because it's essentially cheap drugstore stuff in the States! lol
post #283 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

I just became an authorized reseller of NYX in the US. I received a ton of samples which I will post soon, and work on getting some color swatches online as well. I am waiting for a reply to whether or not I can sell the in the "for sale & swap" forum or not.

The majority of my personal collection is MAC, but I have to tell you that I am pretty impressed with this line and at the prices, it's even more attractive.
post #284 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous View Post
To people in Europe wanting to try this line...

If you go onto the NYX page, they have this distributor map:

NYX Cosmetics: Simple Life, Simple Cosmetics

I contacted nyx customer services by email and they gave me the name of the distributor here in Switzerland. I'm going to call them after lunch and see if I can do a direct order with them. They are sold in some obscure salons here apparently but all really far away from where I live, and none of them are in major cities! (wtf, how useless.)

I am very curious as to how much they will charge for these dang products here in overpriced, expensive Switzerland, seeing how cheap these are in the States. :/

They are marketing them here as "professional makeup" which is funny because it's essentially cheap drugstore stuff in the States! lol
OMG, in continuation of this post: Get this!

To show you guys how much we get ripped off with makeup here in Europe, or maybe just Switzerland:

The single NYX eyeshadows cost $17
The trio eyeshadows: $26


I can't believe how much they are marking these products up!!! In that case it will be much cheaper to order from cherryculture.com. Comparing the prices there, $3.99 for a single eyeshadow.

That's...er...quite the difference. Even with a $20 flat rate for shipping, it's still cheaper.


BTW if you do a picture search on MUA there's lots of swatches of the NYX eyeshadows. This person especially has a lot of really true to life swatch pics of the eyeshadows: link
post #285 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

i'm waiting for cherry culture to restock some of their nyx things before i order. i really want to try their round lipsticks.
post #286 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19 View Post
I used NYX Rust on this model, with M A C Nehru.

Beautiful!


Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsindecember View Post
The shadesticks crease after about an hour it annoys the shit out of me. Because the color pay off is awesome.
Good to know. I think I might just order the yellow one first to test it out.


Does anyone have any reviews on the lipglosses? They look super nice, and I've read they are very pigmented? Do they taste bad?
post #287 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalmachine View Post
apparently the only place that stocks a larger display of nyx in the toronto area is at yonge/eglinton, but i have not yet been there to verify.
Attached is a pic of the NYX display at Yonge & Eglington...
I've been to a few of the Rexall stores downtown and they all seem to have the same selection of products and colours. Personally I think the Yonge & Dundas location is slightly better because they have the eye/lip pencils, more mascara lines & more selection in general

I don't know if you're looking for something in particular but I noticed the eyeshadow & jumbo pencil colours aren't all there, its pretty limited
As people already mentioned you can also get them on ebay or cherryculture.com which will have a much wider variety

Hopefully I'll remember to take pics the next time I'm at the other locations...
LL
post #288 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

I was out the Grove City Outlet Malls and went to the Fragrance Outlet and got an eyeshadow and the mascara... I was a bit disappointed because they didn't have the Pearlmania pigments and the eyshadow trios were $2 more than the one I bought at WalGreens last week But the mascara is working pretty nicely. Not the best I've used but nice for the price
post #289 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

I have a Q.

So I'm putting together a little list of things I want to order...but I can't find a listing on the website to find the description of the lipstick finishes. I know some of them are matte and some have shimmer, is there a way to find out which ones are the matte ones? Those are the ones I'm interested in more...

Also, do all the lipglasses have that sparkle in them, or are there some that just have pigment without the sparkle (talking about the Mega Gloss ones, not the diamond sparkle).
post #290 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous View Post
I have a Q.

So I'm putting together a little list of things I want to order...but I can't find a listing on the website to find the description of the lipstick finishes. I know some of them are matte and some have shimmer, is there a way to find out which ones are the matte ones? Those are the ones I'm interested in more...

Also, do all the lipglasses have that sparkle in them, or are there some that just have pigment without the sparkle (talking about the Mega Gloss ones, not the diamond sparkle).
I have only one lip product from NYX (a mega gloss one in Barbied Pink). It's a nice pink one, doesn't have a lot of sparkle, but i can't stand the smell

I do love NYX Pearl Mania loose e/s. Make sure you get some of those. I have 10 of them and they're all amazing.... HTH
post #291 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous View Post
I have a Q.

So I'm putting together a little list of things I want to order...but I can't find a listing on the website to find the description of the lipstick finishes. I know some of them are matte and some have shimmer, is there a way to find out which ones are the matte ones? Those are the ones I'm interested in more...

Also, do all the lipglasses have that sparkle in them, or are there some that just have pigment without the sparkle (talking about the Mega Gloss ones, not the diamond sparkle).
The Mega Shine lipglosses definitely do not all have sparkle. Some are sparkly and some are just shiny.

When I get home, I'll note some of the ones that I have that are shiny vs. sparkly for you.

Also, I'll try to see if NYX can provide me with a list of lipstick finishes because it is definitely difficult to tell from their color "swatches". UPDATE: Just heard back from NYX; they don't currently have a comprehensive written list of lipstick finishes by color, but they will take the suggestion into consideration.
post #292 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous View Post
OMG, in continuation of this post: Get this!

To show you guys how much we get ripped off with makeup here in Europe, or maybe just Switzerland:

The single NYX eyeshadows cost $17
The trio eyeshadows: $26


I can't believe how much they are marking these products up!!! In that case it will be much cheaper to order from cherryculture.com. Comparing the prices there, $3.99 for a single eyeshadow.

That's...er...quite the difference. Even with a $20 flat rate for shipping, it's still cheaper.
If you only knew...Last year there was a NYX store in my town, which charged...Are you ready??? R$ 29 for the single eyeshadow, R$ 59 for the trio! And back then, the US Dollar was worth 2 Reais (our currency in Brazil). There is clearly a makeup price ripoff in Switzerland, but trust me, Brazil is far worse.

And, about your question concerning lippie finish: I have 3 lip glosses from NYX (Lip Gloss with Mega Shine in Cosmo, Maroon and Plush Red) and 2 lipsticks (NYX Lips in Thalia and Mauve)...Only Cosmo lipgloss has shimmer, the lipsticks are semi-matte and the other glosses are creamy and shiny, but no sparkle whatsoever.
post #293 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady View Post
I have only one lip product from NYX (a mega gloss one in Barbied Pink). It's a nice pink one, doesn't have a lot of sparkle, but i can't stand the smell
Interesting. It's definitely a different smell than MAC, but it doesn't bother me (I kind of like it as a break from MAC). I've been trying to figure it out, but I can't single out what the scent is.
post #294 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Ugh, I'm sorry, I mean the eyeshadow finishes, not the lipstick finishes. I want to buy matte eyeshadows. Anyone know?
post #295 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous View Post
Ugh, I'm sorry, I mean the eyeshadow finishes, not the lipstick finishes. I want to buy matte eyeshadows. Anyone know?
Sorry, I wish I could help you with that. The only thing I can think of is to search the Product Reviews on MUA for the shades that you might be interested in.
post #296 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

[quote=infernalmachine;1127382]apparently the only place that stocks a larger display of nyx in the toronto area is at yonge/eglinton, but i have not yet been there to verify.
[quote]


I've been to about 5 locations Pharma Plus/Rexall locations in the downtown core. From the Bay/Yonge area all the way to the First Canada Place/building.

Majority have the same selections

I guess I'll wait for cherryculture to have a sale again
post #297 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

I know that the Amuse stores sell them (I saw one when I was visiting family in DC, we went shopping at Tysons Corner mall, though I'm not sure where else they have stores) and their prices are amazing. However, they're non-refundable.

Also, I know the trio eyeshadows fit into MAC palettes.
post #298 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

Cherry Culture is having a sale now if any of you are interested. 20% off until June 20, I believe.
post #299 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

I LOVE NYX!! i just recently started looking into them as an alternative to MAC b/c at times we all know how MAC can be a little pricey.

Idk if anyone has mentioned this, but I find NYX at ULTA....it's a smaller collection of products and I can't find all the shades I want (they're always sold out -___-. Everyone must know the secret now..) but I have a few itmes and a lot moer I want to try out - right now I have their Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry milk. The texture is so smooth and lovely, and the color is wonderful. I wear it as a base and sometimes just plain

Ahhh my new obsession! Must...try...more...
post #300 of 1382

Re: NYX Products

will the nyx mosaic powder fit into mac pro bslush palette?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Drugstore Lines