or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › MUFE › Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion - Page 43

post #1261 of 1318
I am excited about this powder too! I'm interested in shade 174. 173 in HD is the best match but 174 might be perf!!! If they follow the same coloring....
post #1262 of 1318

I highly suggest that you try it in store, I usually wear 123 in the HD foundation.. and the Pro Finish 123 is darker, less pink and more orangey. So I don't know about the others shades, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't follow the same coloring either.

 

The formula is good though, very light on the skin which will be so nice when it's hot and humid. The finish is matte, but not super matte, it's like silky? Not glowy though. After a couple of hours, my skin doesn't feel oily to the touch but it looks like it would need a touch up, does that make sense? I have super oily skin though, even in winter. That's it for now, still need to play with it!

post #1263 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian_Babe View Post

I just realized it´s available over here to, so I wanna try some of their stuff. I saw they have a great range of e/s...although not comparable to MAC ;-)

has anyone tried their Corrective Makeup-Base/brushes/loose eyeshadows? from what I saw on the website they looked like MAC Pigments

any recs are more than welcome!

Their corrective bases are fairly decent. Not the slippery kind though that has lots of silicones in it. They're more of a cream texture. The correcting colours are a lot more pigmented than most corrective primers, so I'd only recommend them if you have strong yellow or red tones you want to correct, otherwise your face will be left with a green/purple tinge. Its not pretty. Brushes are a little bit expensive, but I really recommend the HD Kabuki brush. Its perfect for powder foundations or setting powders. Super soft :)

post #1264 of 1318

Before/After Pro Finish powder foundation:

 

 

More pics and review here (yes, it's in english!) :

http://www.crystalcandymakeup.com/2013/01/make-up-for-ever-pro-finish-foundation.html

post #1265 of 1318
If anyone is looking to try the new Pro Finish powder foundation, I would really recommend getting rematched if you have used their HD foundation. Although the shade numbering system looks similar to HD foundation, the powders run darker and they oxidize. I am 118 in HD but 117 in Pro Finish. I helped one girl find a match and she was using 140 in HD and she took 127 in Pro Finish smiles.gif
post #1266 of 1318
I don't seem to have a match. I was color matched to 177 (I'm 173 in HD) and it was too dark when put on my face. The shade up, the undertone was wrong. I don't want to buy and return and buy and return, so I'll just pass.
Edited by shontay07108 - 2/12/13 at 2:08pm
post #1267 of 1318

Oh Shontay you'll need a much lighter shade than that. I received a sample of 170 in the Pro Finish and it seems to match fine. I haven't been to the a store yet so I haven't had the chance to try other shades. I don't find it to be great for my oily skin so that's good news for you. The coverage is light, but maybe I'm just not putting enough on. I haven't tried it wet because I don't get a lot of coverage when it's dry. For now I'd say it's a very average foundation and not worth the money (as a foundation alone, but perhaps as a finishing powder.) I'll try to report back when I've used it again and spent some time with it. I've used a flat sponge applicator and the MAC 189 brush.

post #1268 of 1318
170 is actually the first one I tried. I ordered it. It seemed entirely to light around the sides of my face. Seemed ashy. I'm just going to leave it alone, which is unfortunate because I love their other foundations. Their Duo Mat powder is a dream.
post #1269 of 1318

That's too bad. I know you were looking forward to it.

post #1270 of 1318
Alright, I was browsing around Sephora again today. I tried this powder again and I found my match! It's 173! That's the same damn shade I wear in the HD foundation. I avoided that shade because A: It looked too light in the pan and B: I had read that the shades run different from HD. Nope, not for me. The MUA at Sephora put 173 on me and it was a dead match. I'm so happy now. greengrin.gif Not like I needed another foundation, but whatever.
Edited by shontay07108 - 2/15/13 at 9:28pm
post #1271 of 1318

Shontay this is me, exactly!  (I tried 173 in the new one.  It was too red.)  You're wearing 214 in the Duo Mat, aren't you?  That seems to be the color that works for me in the warmer months but, right about now, it doesn't look as good on me.  I'm really disappointed about MUFE foundation.  I just can't seem to get a match that I really like in any of their formulations.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post

I don't seem to have a match. I was color matched to 177 (I'm 173 in HD) and it was too dark when put on my face. The shade up, the undertone was wrong. I don't want to buy and return and buy and return, so I'll just pass.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post

170 is actually the first one I tried. I ordered it. It seemed entirely to light around the sides of my face. Seemed ashy. I'm just going to leave it alone, which is unfortunate because I love their other foundations. Their Duo Mat powder is a dream.
post #1272 of 1318
Yup, I'm 214 in duo mat. I thought it was odd that perhaps MUFE didn't make pro finish in my color. It's deceptive because it goes on a little darker than what's in the pan.
post #1273 of 1318

That's good news. I wish I could have gotten the 173 when I got my sample in the mail from Sephora. I typically find my pressed powders are lighter in the pan than they are on my skin. Due to having oily skin it works better for me as my powders all darken. 

post #1274 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabideloise View Post

If anyone is looking to try the new Pro Finish powder foundation, I would really recommend getting rematched if you have used their HD foundation. Although the shade numbering system looks similar to HD foundation, the powders run darker and they oxidize. I am 118 in HD but 117 in Pro Finish. I helped one girl find a match and she was using 140 in HD and she took 127 in Pro Finish smiles.gif

Thank you for this! I was wondering about my shade and I also wear 118 in HD...I will order 117 then smiles.gif
post #1275 of 1318

I wear 175 in the HD foundation and for the compact I had to go with 177. The undertones of 175 was slightly off for me. I haven't purchased it yet but I have to say I love the texture. The way it feels on my skin.

post #1276 of 1318

I haven't gotten to read through the beginning of the forum, but recently I've went in the MUFE boutique here in Dallas & was matched to #125 in the Pro finish powder. I am #127/#128 in the HD foundation and MAC NC35. It oxidized on me. I tried it over my foundation & it was still too orange.  I really like the coverage and finish though. I now have to go back to get a shade that has more yellow or a lighter shade to try.

post #1277 of 1318

Update:  I thought I'd give the Pro Finish another shot and went yesterday to *really* experiment with it, with the help of one of the MAs.  I was ultimately matched to 168 and was pretty surprised but pleased.  I tried it both wet and dry.  The MA tried 168, 170 and 173.  As a reminder I'm NC44 in MAC, and have 214 in MUFE Duo Mat.  I have to go easy with the Duo Mat in that shade or it easily becomes too dark/orange for me.

post #1278 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage View Post

Update:  I thought I'd give the Pro Finish another shot and went yesterday to *really* experiment with it, with the help of one of the MAs.  I was ultimately matched to 168 and was pretty surprised but pleased.  I tried it both wet and dry.  The MA tried 168, 170 and 173.  As a reminder I'm NC44 in MAC, and have 214 in MUFE Duo Mat.  I have to go easy with the Duo Mat in that shade or it easily becomes too dark/orange for me.

you got 168???  I'm nc44 and got 173 or 174 (I don't remember) ...  I might go back and reswatch...   

post #1279 of 1318

what t ype of brush are you guys using with it?   Have you tried the new kabuki brush? 

post #1280 of 1318

Yep!  I told you that I was surprised.  Try it out and let me know what you think.  I've got the strangest complexion/coloring, it seems.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

you got 168???  I'm nc44 and got 173 or 174 (I don't remember) ...  I might go back and reswatch...   

post #1281 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage View Post

Yep!  I told you that I was surprised.  Try it out and let me know what you think.  I've got the strangest complexion/coloring, it seems.

 

I went back and reswatched.  I got 168 too.  LOL   It looked like the purest golden color.  170 looked like it had a smidgen of red and 173 and 174 were straight up orange.  I wouldn't have noticed it  if you all hadn't said anything. 168 looks so light in the pan.   I was tripping so hard about the colors, I went and reswatched the HD foundations.   I couldn't find my color 170 was too light, 173 was too dark.  And the undertones were off.  did they change them?  

post #1282 of 1318
That's a good question, but to me MUFE has always had inconsistent foundation colorings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

I went back and reswatched.  I got 168 too.  LOL   It looked like the purest golden color.  170 looked like it had a smidgen of red and 173 and 174 were straight up orange.  I wouldn't have noticed it  if you all hadn't said anything. 168 looks so light in the pan.   I was tripping so hard about the colors, I went and reswatched the HD foundations.   I couldn't find my color 170 was too light, 173 was too dark.  And the undertones were off.  did they change them?  
post #1283 of 1318

Did you know MUFE discontinued the Duo Mat powder? I'm so sad. :(

post #1284 of 1318
@PrettyKitty: yeah, I figured they were discontinuing Duo Mat when they introduced Pro Finish. I didn't think they'd keep two powder foundations in their line and a MUA at Sephora confirmed my suspicions.
post #1285 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage View Post

@PrettyKitty: yeah, I figured they were discontinuing Duo Mat when they introduced Pro Finish. I didn't think they'd keep two powder foundations in their line and a MUA at Sephora confirmed my suspicions.

 

I didn't even think about that!! I love the Pro Finish, but nothing compares to Duo Mat when I want to conceal blemishes!! I apply it over my concealer.

post #1286 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella View Post

Their lift concealer is terrific if you can find a good color. #1 was too pink on me, #2 was too yellow and dark.

 

I have been wanting to try the lift concealer out, I need to go to Sephora and see if I can find my match

post #1287 of 1318

their summer 2013 collection looks lovely! i think i'm going to pick up a couple aqua rouge's.

post #1288 of 1318
I just ordered two new aqua rouges: bright orange and pomegranate pink along with the pomegranate liner. Next week I might get the fuchsia aqua rouge, the light green aqua cream and both eyeliners.
post #1289 of 1318
Look what we have here:

Aqua lip liner 19C
Aqua Rouge 19, 16, 17
Aqua Cream 54, 53



AppleMark

AppleMark

ETA: What I initially typed here made no sense. I'm wearing #16 here. I bought this and the 2 aqua creams in store today. The other 2 aqua rouge's and the liner came from Sephora.com today.

AppleMark

AppleMark

You can wear these w/ or w/o the clear gloss. It still looks and feels great. I prefer these new colors over the old ones. It's just a personal preference. I think I look more youthful in brighter colors.
Edited by shontay07108 - 5/8/13 at 3:57pm
post #1290 of 1318

icon_eek.gif    th_drool.gif You look hawwwwwt! I wasn't to impressed with the older colors either. Your new lippies look great. I don't like them though because the fragrance gets in my mouth. I just can't handle it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: MUFE
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › MUFE › Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion