or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Guerlain discussion - Page 52

post #1531 of 4336
After reading the 'Balkz' talk, as they so affectionately called here (wouldn't the Guerlain designers of this MU phenom laugh if he knew that's how they are referred to round here). I bought the Dragon Ball Z (that was a big anime type hit with the kids I taught at my first teaching job-lol) but have yet to receive them yet. I know they are a little more sparkly, so I need some guidance, 1. Do I need the special brush that is made specificaly for this product? If not, is there a MAC brush that does the trick? 2. Did anyone buy the special Pucci designed brush & bag set? If so, how is that brush? Is it the same quality of the 'regular' one they sell? 3. Should I buy the 'regular ballz' for my everyday needs. If so, what one do I reach for? I'm NC20...I'm confused of which of the 3 regular ones to buy. Many thanks! Hope everyone is wonderful!
post #1532 of 4336

Wow....this is a great deal Liz thmbup.gif

 

Enjoy your goodies smiles.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post

Got an email from my favorite store today that they are doing a Friends & Family Sale (21% discount on almost everything yahoo.gif), so i called them right away to put the Perles du Dragon and the Lou-Ling lippie for me on hold love.gif I'll be paying €36 for the ballz and 25 € for the lippie, so a pretty good deal :) I'm picking them up tomorrow, i really hope i can resist the rest of the collection (Turandot heart.gif) or hopefully it will be just sold out already lol whistle.gif Can't wait to get my goodies rasta.gif

post #1533 of 4336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post

Got an email from my favorite store today that they are doing a Friends & Family Sale (21% discount on almost everything yahoo.gif), so i called them right away to put the Perles du Dragon and the Lou-Ling lippie for me on hold love.gif I'll be paying €36 for the ballz and 25 € for the lippie, so a pretty good deal :) I'm picking them up tomorrow, i really hope i can resist the rest of the collection (Turandot heart.gif) or hopefully it will be just sold out already lol whistle.gif Can't wait to get my goodies rasta.gif

Awesome deal, I love it when they do that (although my wallet doesn't) :) 

I also sometimes am almost happy when something I want but shouldn't really be buying is sold out, but in the end I usually still hunt it down :)

Resistance is futile! :)

 

Spanky, I'm NC20, and I started my "ballz" collection (Dragon ballz immediately think of the cartoon too, tee hee) with the 3 minis collection that they sell at DF. They are Mythic (01), Pink Fresh (02) and Beige Chic (03). What I've heard about these is that Pink Fresh can be used as a blush, Beige Chic as a powder and Mythic is used for highlighting. The overall effect is very subtle though, it's rather glow than a wash of colour. I got Guerlain's own brush with them too, and it usually does the job, so i didn't try other brushes with them. But I think you can also use any dense domed brush with them too? I think Anitacska would be the best person to advise about it and the Pucci brush, with her impressive meteorites collection :)

 

I also have last year's Perles de Nuit, but I haven't really been reaching for these. I'm too obsessed with Cruel Gardenia, which satisfies all my highlighting needs at the moment :)

post #1534 of 4336

teint beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
 I'm NC20...I'm confused of which of the 3 regular ones to buy. Many thanks! 
post #1535 of 4336
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

Couldn't wait to try out my new goodies... The quality of the shades in the Turandot palette is incredible, even by Guerlain standards. I feel as if they're getting better at the formula with each release. 



Gorgeous! I'm trying to ignore the entire collection but you are making it hard. I think I'll drop by the counter this week to take a look again. I saw it briefly when it just launched. Not a fan of palettes with cream and powder products.
post #1536 of 4336
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

Wow....this is a great deal Liz thmbup.gif

 

Enjoy your goodies smiles.gif

 

Thanks, i will! friends.gif I think (hope) i'm done now with all the holiday collections, i'm really happy with everything i've bought amuse.gif This year's holiday collections are truly stunning imo eyelove.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje View Post

Awesome deal, I love it when they do that (although my wallet doesn't) :) 

I also sometimes am almost happy when something I want but shouldn't really be buying is sold out, but in the end I usually still hunt it down :)

Resistance is futile! :)

 

Spanky, I'm NC20, and I started my "ballz" collection (Dragon ballz immediately think of the cartoon too, tee hee) with the 3 minis collection that they sell at DF. They are Mythic (01), Pink Fresh (02) and Beige Chic (03). What I've heard about these is that Pink Fresh can be used as a blush, Beige Chic as a powder and Mythic is used for highlighting. The overall effect is very subtle though, it's rather glow than a wash of colour. I got Guerlain's own brush with them too, and it usually does the job, so i didn't try other brushes with them. But I think you can also use any dense domed brush with them too? I think Anitacska would be the best person to advise about it and the Pucci brush, with her impressive meteorites collection :)

 

I also have last year's Perles de Nuit, but I haven't really been reaching for these. I'm too obsessed with Cruel Gardenia, which satisfies all my highlighting needs at the moment :)

Luckily the store was insanely crowded yesterday, so i obligated myself to just pay for the lippie and ballz and ignore everything else. Kinda proud of myself lol biguns.gif And i will NOT hunt anything down, i won't .. lol whistle.gif

post #1537 of 4336

"At last!  I have collected all seven dragon balls and I'll be able to make a wish to the all mighty eternal dragon Shenlong so that he can grant my wish for..."  Ahem...

 

After much thought about the holiday collection and being introduced to the brand a few weeks ago, I went back to the Guerlain counter at JC Penney and bought my first meteorite perles, the dragon ballz/perles du dragon! girlhaha.gif  I love everything about it.  For now, I'll use it for special occasions since I don't consider it as an everyday product.   I got the Altoum and Lou-Ling lipsticks.  I don't know what went through my mind when I bought Altoum because I dismissed Ruffian Gold gold thinking that it was something unnecessary and for being a frost lipstick, but ended up buying Altoum because I actually liked it and the formula didn't dry my lips.  I almost skipped Lou-Ling because it looked too plum when I picked up the tester, but it turns dark pink on my lips.  It's really beautiful and I didn't expect it to have a lot of the shimmer like Altoum.

 

I'm still on the fence with the Wulong powder compact.  I really liked the product but that price is still headache inducing unless the Guerlain counters at JC Penney and/or Sears put it on some sort of discount.  I don't think anyone has bought the compact since both counters are usually deserted unless if people are asking about the perfumes and the counters that are constantly full of people are Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Chanel, and Shiseido.

 

I have the same doubt as Spanky in regards of the brush for the meteorites, mostly between the regular and the Emilo Pucci brush.

post #1538 of 4336

Will the Turandot palette look as lovely and rich on a dark skintone (NC 50) as it does on the lighter skin tones that I've seen reviews on?

post #1539 of 4336

Well I bought the Pucci brush and it seems just as soft as the regular one, but I haven't actually used it as I have several of the regular ones. Guerlain is not Mac, limited edition doesn't mean worse quality. winks.gif
 

post #1540 of 4336
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEy3d View Post

Will the Turandot palette look as lovely and rich on a dark skintone (NC 50) as it does on the lighter skin tones that I've seen reviews on?

 

I'm certain it would. The pigmentation on the colours is excellent, so there would be no problem getting them to show up on a darker complexion, plus there's no lighter shade, so no need to worry about something turning ashy. I think that the reddish brown would be more muted on your skin, but it would still work very well.

post #1541 of 4336

I officially got my Turandot palette this sunday! I tried it yesterday and I think I like it even more than the Chanel holiday quad. Such nice warm fall colours I love it eyelove.gif The eyeshadows are very easy to work with. They have great pigmentation and blend out nicely, but they don't blend out so easy that they fade quick it's just perfect! Thanks for all the enablingbouquet.gif

post #1542 of 4336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

I officially got my Turandot palette this sunday! I tried it yesterday and I think I like it even more than the Chanel holiday quad. Such nice warm fall colours I love it eyelove.gif The eyeshadows are very easy to work with. They have great pigmentation and blend out nicely, but they don't blend out so easy that they fade quick it's just perfect! Thanks for all the enablingbouquet.gif

Enjoy! 

I've worn Turandot for the first time, and a female friend actually gave me a compliment about how nice my make up was done that day. 

I am really, REALLY pleased with this quad. I need to play more with the Chanel one to figure out which one I like more.

post #1543 of 4336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje View Post

Enjoy! 

I've worn Turandot for the first time, and a female friend actually gave me a compliment about how nice my make up was done that day. 

I am really, REALLY pleased with this quad. I need to play more with the Chanel one to figure out which one I like more.

It's very hard to chose a favorite, because they are both so nice. I'm so happy with them and I'm glad you like them as well. Have fun playing with them. Actually it would be nice to combine them too.

post #1544 of 4336

I agree, they are both really nice. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

It's very hard to chose a favorite, because they are both so nice. I'm so happy with them and I'm glad you like them as well. Have fun playing with them. Actually it would be nice to combine them too.

post #1545 of 4336

I'm wearing the Calligraphy palette (at least the eye portion) today. It's also lovely, although I think I'd give the edge to the Turandot palette. This is a really gorgeous collection!

post #1546 of 4336
post #1547 of 4336

eyelove.gif.....both palettes are so pretty bigheart.gif

 

The # 502 is a unique color combo.But I love it!

 

And the # 501 is right up my alley anyway th_e2cloud9.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

Review of the spring eyeshadow quads: http://getlippie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/guerlain-ss13-ecrin-4-couleurs-501.html
 

post #1548 of 4336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

Review of the spring eyeshadow quads: http://getlippie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/guerlain-ss13-ecrin-4-couleurs-501.html
 


Thanks so much for this! Coup de Foudre is amazing. Disappointing to hear that Attrape-Coeur doesn't have the best consistency, although I find that blues and blue-purples are a little more prone to dryness than other shades for some reason.

 

I'm still inclined to get both, even after reading this...

post #1549 of 4336

She said it applied much better than it swatched though, so that's good news. I'll probably get both myself, the colours are gorgeous.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post


Thanks so much for this! Coup de Foudre is amazing. Disappointing to hear that Attrape-Coeur doesn't have the best consistency, although I find that blues and blue-purples are a little more prone to dryness than other shades for some reason.

 

I'm still inclined to get both, even after reading this...

post #1550 of 4336

i reallyyy want coup de foudre! i love the look of the golden green fluffy.gifi cant wait for spring. . . . . . . . . .

post #1551 of 4336

do we know when is the spring collection coming out?

post #1552 of 4336

January. Here's the link to the lipsticks: http://getlippie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/guerlain-ss13-rouge-automatique-600.html

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsy View Post

do we know when is the spring collection coming out?

post #1553 of 4336
Coup de Foudre is gorgeous! Any ideas on how to wear all four colours?
post #1554 of 4336

I want the Coup de Foudre quad! It looks beautiful and I'm glad that it swatches nicely.

post #1555 of 4336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post

Coup de Foudre is gorgeous! Any ideas on how to wear all four colours?

I'm thinking it might be nice to do the light green on the lid, the khaki green in the crease, the deep blue green in the outer v and the coral on the edges of the khaki to blend it out into whatever brow highlighter you use. I might add some of the khaki and/or deep blue green underneath the eyes.

post #1556 of 4336

You don't have to wear all 4 colours. You can mix and match with other shadows you have as well. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post

Coup de Foudre is gorgeous! Any ideas on how to wear all four colours?
post #1557 of 4336

My heart started beating faster when I saw this:

 

1000

 

Blush G Sakura. O.M.G. th_drool.gif But apparently it's Asia exclusive. Womp womp.

I missed out on the original Blush G, so would've loved to get this one. What a beauty. sigh.gif

 

 

source: Sneak Peek & Info: Guerlain Spring 2013 Makeup and New Launches - Time4Beauty

post #1558 of 4336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post

My heart started beating faster when I saw this:

 

1000

 

Blush G Sakura. O.M.G. th_drool.gif But apparently it's Asia exclusive. Womp womp.

I missed out on the original Blush G, so would've loved to get this one. What a beauty. sigh.gif

 

 

source: Sneak Peek & Info: Guerlain Spring 2013 Makeup and New Launches - Time4Beauty

     it looks really pretty, it sucks that its an asian exclusive. i guess companies are learning the bad things about mac. even expensive brands are hard to find now. just like ysl with the holiday collection this year.getyou.gif

post #1559 of 4336

Wow!  I need this in my life!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post

My heart started beating faster when I saw this:

 

1000

 

Blush G Sakura. O.M.G. th_drool.gif But apparently it's Asia exclusive. Womp womp.

I missed out on the original Blush G, so would've loved to get this one. What a beauty. sigh.gif

 

 

source: Sneak Peek & Info: Guerlain Spring 2013 Makeup and New Launches - Time4Beauty

post #1560 of 4336

th_drool.gif....OMG....I neeeeeeeeeeeed this blush  th_worship.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post

My heart started beating faster when I saw this:

 

1000

 

Blush G Sakura. O.M.G. th_drool.gif But apparently it's Asia exclusive. Womp womp.

I missed out on the original Blush G, so would've loved to get this one. What a beauty. sigh.gif

 

 

source: Sneak Peek & Info: Guerlain Spring 2013 Makeup and New Launches - Time4Beauty

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cosmetic Discussion