or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Guerlain discussion - Page 58

post #1711 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayDreaming View Post

Oh!  I'm so excited to see it all!

 


So far, I've only seen it at The Bay, so they may have an exclusive for a couple of weeks. Murale didn't have it when I checked yesterday. Haven't been in to see if it's at Holt Renfrew. The collection exceeds my expectations...

 

- The biggie ballz gave my skin a perfect, radiant look. I couldn't see any real sparkle from the silver ones and I could apply it lightly enough that it worked as an all-over powder. I think you could definitely get a pinkish glow to the cheeks with a slightly heavier application, at least on pale skin.

 

- I found both shadows to be quite pigmented. The darkest shade in Attrape-Coeur was a little stiff and the coral in Coup de Foudre was a touch dry/ powdery, but neither was bad. The only thing I would say is that the shades in Attrape-Coeur might be similar enough to ones in my stash already that I don't need them. The highlight is kind of a standard (although pretty) highlight and one of the shades reminds me of Mac's Seedy Pearl.

 

- The lipsticks really surprised me with how pretty they were. I liked all four quite a lot. Both Ballade and Romance reminded me of variations on the Rouge Automatique Cherry Blossom, which happens to be my favourite light pink ever. They're different, but the nuance and soft shimmer are both there. Flirt is amazing, as I thought it would be. The other- name escapes me- is a pretty plum, more sheer but a perfect Spring shade, I think.

 

So, as you can see. I. Am. DOOMED. I don't know how I'm going to choose what comes home and what doesn't!

post #1712 of 3535

Still no spring collection at my Shoppers Drug Mart, but they did have Cils d'Enfer mascara, so I picked up a black and a violet one.

My French isn't the greatest, so when I got home, I did an internet translation for "Cils d'Enfer" and it said "Eyelashes d'Hell"!!!  girlhaha.gif

post #1713 of 3535

bummer!!! :(  It look so pretty! 

post #1714 of 3535
Can someone help me? I won a bidding for a meteorites voyage powder, the old style, on eBay. I'm sure it must be fake but I was t aware there where fakes? The compact feels really lit compared to my wulong, and the powder pan came out as it was poorly glued in, there is also no smell except powdery but Im not sure if it's because it's old? Also The sticker on the back looks cheap.
post #1715 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayDreaming View Post

Still no spring collection at my Shoppers Drug Mart, but they did have Cils d'Enfer mascara, so I picked up a black and a violet one.

My French isn't the greatest, so when I got home, I did an internet translation for "Cils d'Enfer" and it said "Eyelashes d'Hell"!!!  girlhaha.gif

 

Yup. That's basically what it means; Eyelashes from Hell. (It could also be less literally translated as something like "eyes to kill" or something like that.)

 

As far as I know, SDM aren't getting the new collections anymore- just permanent additions to the line. Murale is still getting them, but at the moment, the only place I've seen the Spring collection is at the Bay. I believe they got an exclusive for a couple of weeks for both this and Chanel.

 

I went winter coat shopping this weekend and ended up buying some clothes for the hub, too, so I won't be buying the Spring items this week. I do think I'm going to have to shop this collection in stages. There are way too many things that I want.

post #1716 of 3535

Can you post a picture? It's a little hard to say unseen. But the old style Meteorites compact is actually much lighter than the new one. I have never seen fake Guerlain voyage powders on eBay and I check the Guerlain listings every day (yeah I'm sad like that). Can you post (or pm me) the link to the listing you won?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaLou View Post

Can someone help me? I won a bidding for a meteorites voyage powder, the old style, on eBay. I'm sure it must be fake but I was t aware there where fakes? The compact feels really lit compared to my wulong, and the powder pan came out as it was poorly glued in, there is also no smell except powdery but Im not sure if it's because it's old? Also The sticker on the back looks cheap.
post #1717 of 3535

My green quad has arrived, I've only had time to swatch it, but it's really lovely. I also got a sample of the new mascara. I'm still waiting for the purple one, was hoping it will get here today, but no post came. :( Hopefully tomorrow. I've yet to see the lip products in person, but I'm not planning on getting any because I'm on a lipstick and lipgloss no-buy indefinitely - unless one of them is very unique in colour.
 

post #1718 of 3535
I'll just upload some photos and then I'll get the link x
post #1719 of 3535
IMAG2416.jpg
IMAG2417.jpg
IMAG2418.jpg
IMAG2420.jpg
IMAG2421.jpg

That's just a quick swipe with clean fingers and it looks a lot more obvious than I expected?
post #1720 of 3535
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190780510641?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 and link
post #1721 of 3535

Yep, it's real. The reason it might not have the violet scent is because these compacts were discontinued about 3-4 years ago, and it's likely yours is probably even older than that. I have the exact same compact and powder and I've never come across a fake voyage powder. I have seen other fake Guerlain make up, but not these. Hope this puts your mind at rest. x

post #1722 of 3535
Anitacska

Have you seen any fake Ecrin 4 quads?
post #1723 of 3535
Oh thankyou, yes it does, although I can't actually see myself using this. Much prefer wulong. Unless maybe its because it's old, I might buy the refill.
post #1724 of 3535

No, but I have seen many fake Ecrin 6 palettes and I have seen a few dodgy looking older style quads.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikram View Post

Anitacska

Have you seen any fake Ecrin 4 quads?
post #1725 of 3535

Cool!  Kind of like Armani's Eyes to Kill.

 

Thanks for the info about SDM.  I know I am obsessing too much!  Guess I'll go buy my stuff at the Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

 

Yup. That's basically what it means; Eyelashes from Hell. (It could also be less literally translated as something like "eyes to kill" or something like that.)

 

As far as I know, SDM aren't getting the new collections anymore- just permanent additions to the line. Murale is still getting them, but at the moment, the only place I've seen the Spring collection is at the Bay. I believe they got an exclusive for a couple of weeks for both this and Chanel.

post #1726 of 3535

Sakura blush is now available from Selfridges.com! Just ordered mine! yahoo.gif
 

post #1727 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

Sakura blush is now available from Selfridges.com! Just ordered mine! yahoo.gif
 

Lucky you it's sold out already! I would love if it came to the netherlands, but I'm quite sure that won't happen:(

post #1728 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

Sakura blush is now available from Selfridges.com! Just ordered mine! yahoo.gif
 

 

Oh you lucky girl!!!!  I hope I can get my hands on one!!  Congrats!!

post #1729 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

Lucky you it's sold out already! I would love if it came to the netherlands, but I'm quite sure that won't happen:(

Oh no! ssad.gif Hope I still get mine.
post #1730 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post


Oh no! ssad.gif Hope I still get mine.

I'll cross my fingers for you!

post #1731 of 3535

Thank you. My order status says ready for dispatch, so hopefully it'll be fine.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

I'll cross my fingers for you!

post #1732 of 3535

I have a few on the way!  My friend was able to order 2 on the website YAY. Hopeing to score more this weekend in store for friends!

post #1733 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neicy View Post

I have a few on the way!  My friend was able to order 2 on the website YAY. Hopeing to score more this weekend in store for friends!

Are more stores getting this? I thought it would be Asia exclusive. If it will be available in the US or more stores in the UK maybe I could ask for a cp?

post #1734 of 3535

So far it's not available in the US to my knowledge. I called Bergdorf Goodman's Guerlain counter yesterday and they haven't heard a word about it coming here.

post #1735 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post


Oh no! ssad.gif Hope I still get mine.

I missed out :-( bugger, now i am going to end up stalking ebay for it!

post #1736 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte366 View Post

I missed out :-( bugger, now i am going to end up stalking ebay for it!

 

Miracles can happen. I just managed to score the blush/ highlighter from holiday 2011 on eBay for less than retail.

post #1737 of 3535

Yay!!!  Good for you!!!  cheerleader.gif

post #1738 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo View Post

Yay!!!  Good for you!!!  cheerleader.gif

 

Now all I have to is find a cheap Cruel Gardenia and Rose Rendez-Vous and my life is complete. Sort of.

post #1739 of 3535

Me too...I would love to have this blush too and would be very thankful if somebody could do a CP for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

Are more stores getting this? I thought it would be Asia exclusive. If it will be available in the US or more stores in the UK maybe I could ask for a cp?

post #1740 of 3535

Mine is finally showing as dispatched! Phew!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cosmetic Discussion