or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Guerlain discussion - Page 27

post #781 of 2979

Just saw this post on British Beauty Blogger about the Guerlain Terracotta collection Sun In The City:

 

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/02/guerlain-terracotta-2012-collection-sun.html

 

I am really excited about the Golden Glimmer Powder! heart.gif And yes, those are liquid blushes, but I think I will pass on those. But the Golden Glimmer Powder will be mine!

 

Also, here's the lin to BBB's post on the Rouge Automatique Shine lipsticks: http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/02/guerlain-shine-automatique-hydrating.html


Edited by Anitacska - 2/9/12 at 12:03pm
post #782 of 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

Just saw this post on British Beauty Blogger about the Guerlain Terracotta collection Sun In The City:

 

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/02/guerlain-terracotta-2012-collection-sun.html

 

I am really excited about the Golden Glimmer Powder! heart.gif And yes, those are liquid blushes, but I think I will pass on those. But the Golden Glimmer Powder will be mine!

 

Also, here's the lin to BBB's post on the Rouge Automatique Shine lipsticks: http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/02/guerlain-shine-automatique-hydrating.html


I don't know if I'll be able to handle the Golden Glimmer Powder, although it looks beautiful... Since Mitsouko is my favourite fragrance ever (well, in my top 3, at least), I feel like I have to get that.

 

post #783 of 2979

Is the Golden Glimmer this year's Terra Inca?

 

I worry it will be pure shimmer.

 

So far I am not excited about anything I saw from Guerlain's as well as Chanel's summer collections, except the coral eye quad.

Let's keep our fingers crossed it is coral and not pink.

 

But I am very excited about the Bollywood collection. Yay.

 

post #784 of 2979

Well, no I don't think so. Terra Inca was part of the colour collection, but this is the Terracotta collection that they do every year as well as the colour collection. Last year they did that big mosaic bronzer (I din't get that one), so I think this is more that size/type. I don't mind if it's pure shimmer, I like shimmer. :)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikram View Post

Is the Golden Glimmer this year's Terra Inca?

 

I worry it will be pure shimmer.

 

So far I am not excited about anything I saw from Guerlain's as well as Chanel's summer collections, except the coral eye quad.

Let's keep our fingers crossed it is coral and not pink.

 

But I am very excited about the Bollywood collection. Yay.

 



 

post #785 of 2979

omg i cant wait for this highlighter

i wish guerlain would bring back orient sun :(( 

post #786 of 2979
post #787 of 2979

Ooh, the blush and the Meteorites are so pretty! Glad there's finally some blue pearls in the Meteorites, the holiday ones supposed to have blue/teal but they didn't in the end.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayDreaming View Post

More photos of the summer collection available at http://beauty-review.ru/blogs/new_stuff/953/#beautycutheart.gif

 

and here http://time4beauty.biz/5544-guerlain-makeup-collection-summer-2012-terra-azzurra-by-emilio-pucci/



 

post #788 of 2979

i love the pearls! can't wait

post #789 of 2979
Will the Pucci collection be available worldwide? I want Terra Azzurra. The khol looks beautiful too! I didn't get the kohl last summer and have been wanting it badly.
post #790 of 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post

Will the Pucci collection be available worldwide? I want Terra Azzurra. The khol looks beautiful too! I didn't get the kohl last summer and have been wanting it badly.

I think so, it looks like the regular summer collection and so far Guerlain was not playing the Chanel game. Right now I am really happy that I did not get the Christmas pearls as those look much better and I do like the Terra powder as well. And the khol.
this is going to be very expensive.
post #791 of 2979
Hi bis! Thanks, now I feel better knowing my counters will most likely be getting the collection. You are right that Guerlain has not been playing the games like Chanel. I like the pearls here too, the packaging is pretty, but I bought the holiday one. I have to cut back on something to fund for these.
post #792 of 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post

Hi bis! Thanks, now I feel better knowing my counters will most likely be getting the collection. You are right that Guerlain has not been playing the games like Chanel. I like the pearls here too, the packaging is pretty, but I bought the holiday one. I have to cut back on something to fund for these.

Yes, I know what you mean, I was really tempted by the Holiday ones, so for once yay on being strong winks.gif
post #793 of 2979

Thanks for all the infor and links above.

 

What do you guys think about the summer quad? Too similar to Les Roses?

 

The quad is the only thing that tempts me right now.

post #794 of 2979

I’m looking forward to seeing all of these items in person, especially the eyeshadow quad (to compare it to Les Roses).  It’s not going to be one of my all-time favourite Guerlain collections, but I’ll still purchase and enjoy a few things.

 

My for-sure items are the blush/bronzer, Meteorites, eyeshadow quad, and Khôl Kajal eyeliner.

 

My maybe items are the Porto Azzurra lipgloss (bright blue) and the brush.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikram View Post

 

What do you guys think about the summer quad? Too similar to Les Roses?

 

The quad is the only thing that tempts me right now.



 

post #795 of 2979

^^ Did you get the Khol eyeliner last summer? It supposedly doesn't require sharpening due to its shape, but I wonder if it will become very thick when the stick becomes shorter with use.

post #796 of 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikram View Post

Thanks for all the infor and links above.

 

What do you guys think about the summer quad? Too similar to Les Roses?

 

The quad is the only thing that tempts me right now.



Looking at it, the light and dark shades from the quad seem much more neutral than those in Les Roses. I guess whether or not you want it would partly depend on how much you like pink tones. It does seem quite a bit warmer than Les Roses overall. 

 

The blue gloss looks very sheer. I assumed it would be, since it's meant more as an add-on, but I was still hoping for a little more. Sort of like the blue-purple Armani gloss from their holiday collection. 

post #797 of 2979

 

Yes, I got last summer’s black Khol eyeliner.  I heard that it doesn’t require sharpening IF you use it as Guerlain intended.  And apparently I don’t use it properly!  Ha!  It did get thick and stubby for me.

 

I have been using it as a regular eyeliner (to line my upper eye), and it has dulled over time.  There is no way to properly sharpen the eyeliner that I know of, so my hubby took a sharp knife and whittled it down to a fine point for me.

 

So, it’s less than ideal, but I like the soft feel of the eyeliner, and it gives me plenty of pigmented coverage in one stroke.  I would buy it again.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post

^^ Did you get the Khol eyeliner last summer? It supposedly doesn't require sharpening due to its shape, but I wonder if it will become very thick when the stick becomes shorter with use.



 

post #798 of 2979

^^ Thanks! I wouldn't like to take a sharp knife and sharpen it myself. Do you know how exactly is the Guerlain way  to use it?

post #799 of 2979

I could be wrong, but I think you are supposed to swipe it sideways/at an angle across your waterline.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post

Do you know how exactly is the Guerlain way  to use it?



 

post #800 of 2979
post #801 of 2979

I want everything so much!

post #802 of 2979

Thank you! I wasn't sure I wanted the blushes as I don't normally wear liquid/cream blushes, but that pink one is especially gorgeous! Will definitely buy the highlighter powder though, if nothing else. :)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri View Post

Did you guys see this? There're swatches for the blushes and the shimmer powder (gorgeous!):

http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/02/guerlain-sun-in-city-summer-2012.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FeFgg+%28naturalNchicmakeup%29



 

post #803 of 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri View Post

Did you guys see this? There're swatches for the blushes and the shimmer powder (gorgeous!):

http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/02/guerlain-sun-in-city-summer-2012.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FeFgg+%28naturalNchicmakeup%29



Wow. I was already pretty sure I wanted the glimmer powder, but Sunny Pink looks amazing! They're awfully expensive for cream/ gel blushes, but I've learned that Guerlain is usually worth the price.

post #804 of 2979
So, I've tried the Rouge Automatique lipsticks before as my first Guerlain purchase and they aren't my thing. However, I stopped by the counter in Neiman Marcus to see this shimmer powder in person. I walked away with it. It's just so pretty and it's actually pigmented! I also bought a Terracotta gloss #3. I've been wanting one of those forever. I didn't get the spicy coral liquid blush, but I think I need to go back b/c it was beautiful, blendable and pigmented. Here's a pic of what I got.
263
post #805 of 2979

^^ Enjoy! Love to know what  you think of them. I find the Terracotta glosses very charming, do they have the fruity scent of the normal glosses? I don't like that scent. I haven't bought any RA too.

post #806 of 2979
I don't know if I'd call it a fruity scent. It's hard to describe. It's kinda floral(?). I'm really sensitive to lip scents and this one doesn't bother me. I don't find it as strong as Chanel lip products, so that's great. The gloss is so smooth, pigmented and even moisturizing. That's a good thing for my dry lips.

The shimmer powder is gorgeous. It was kinda like stabbing myself in the heart when I had to swipe my brush across it. You only need a tiny bit or else you'll be left to blend away. There's a lot of shimmer in it. It's not a necessary purchase, though unless you just love highlighters. I'm going back for more of the glosses, though.
post #807 of 2979

I've got the Sun In The City powder, it is so gorgeous! Even prettier than I thought. :)

 

Does anyone know if we're getting the blushes here in the UK? The rest of the stuff is up on the Debenhams website, but not the blushes. :(

post #808 of 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post

So, I've tried the Rouge Automatique lipsticks before as my first Guerlain purchase and they aren't my thing. However, I stopped by the counter in Neiman Marcus to see this shimmer powder in person. I walked away with it. It's just so pretty and it's actually pigmented! I also bought a Terracotta gloss #3. I've been wanting one of those forever. I didn't get the spicy coral liquid blush, but I think I need to go back b/c it was beautiful, blendable and pigmented. Here's a pic of what I got.
263


GORGEOUS! I definitely need that highlighter in my life. I think I have that gloss... somewhere... I'm pretty sure I have it.

 

Love that powder. Definitely going on the 'buy' list.

 

post #809 of 2979

Any word on the release date for the Pucci collection?

post #810 of 2979

I'd say mid-April-ish. The summer collection came out around that time last year.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken View Post

Any word on the release date for the Pucci collection?



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cosmetic Discussion