Re: Helpful Video Tutorials not made by Specktra members
Hi everyone, this is a video i found on youtube from the Lebanease MUA Joelle. The tutorial is in Arabic and i'm going to translate as much as i can. It is basically a smokey eye look with nude lips using products from YSL and MAC.YouTube - 2 Arabic Makeup Tutorial/ Ù…Ø¹ Ø¬ÙˆÙŠÙ„
The artist first starts off by saying that she will be doing a subtle smokey eye look for nights out.
1) Start with an illuminating foundation which gives the models face a nice glow. She puts the foundation on the models face and neck.
2) Apply concealer under the eyes. I beleive she is using Touch eclat. Using a brush similar to the MAC 190 to blend everything out.
After she is done with the foundation and concealer, she says that the foundation has to look natural and that it should match your skin tone.
3) She then applies powder to set and then heavily apply the powder under the eyes to catch fall out.
4) She applies a wash colour to the whole eyelid (she calls it a base in the video), using a brush that resembles the MAC 239 brush. I beleive she is using a MAC pallete. She doesn't state which one she is using. It looks simmilar to MAC's Shroom eyeshadow or Phloof.
5) She then lines the the upper lashline of the model thickly with a black pencil liner. She then smudges it using a smudge brush. 6)
6) Using the 242 (my guess) she applies a black eyeshadow (could be Carbon eyeshadow) on the lid, covering the black pencil.
7) She then uses the 224 brush and applies a brown eyeshadow to the crease and brow bone of the model.
8) Then she lines the lower lashline of the model with carbon eyeshadow using an angled brush.
9) She then removes the excess powder from under the eyes using a blush or powder brush.
10) Using the 219 brush she will apply a goldish bronzey eyeshadow on top of the bottom black liner to make the look a bit softer.
11) She then applies a highlight colour on the models browbone. She uses a "champagne" ish colour.
12) She then moves on to filling in and darkening the models eyebrows.
13) Applies falsies from MAC, lines the waterline with black kohl and applies Mascara.
14) She then lines the lips of the model with a light rosey pink lip pencil because she wants the eyes to be the "centre of attention" for this look. Then she uses a pink nudeish lipstick.
15) She then finishes off the look by applying a light rosey powder blush to the apples of the cheeks.
Thats it! Then they do the models hair and take pictures of the final look.
Hope you guys like it