or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scandalous Cosmetics? - Page 2

post #31 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins View Post
Okay, not to rehash old topics, but I totally thought Scandalous Cosmetics was made up until I got free lipglosses from a Torrid in Aurora. (I thought they were exclusively in Cali?) It seems so cult-y and bizarre to me that they don't have a website, and they have these strange trolls popping up and posting things that seem awfully like scripts. It really appeals to my conspiracy theorist side haha. Anybody find out anything else about this company? I friended them on myspace, but it's a bunch of smoke and mirrors essentially. I got two lipglosses, the saleslady who gave them to me said they were getting rid of them. One is a magenta and the other is an orangey-red. I can post pictures and swatches if anybody wants it. As of now, my opinion is that they are your standard run-of-the-mill colored lipgloss with a fruity/sweet scent.
WOW!!! HOLD ON THERE! What are you trying to say? Just because some people don't buy MAC like the rest of brainwashed women do at MAcy's, does that mean that these people are fake? Does that mean, this is a conspiracy? Gimme a break! Mac is not the only hip brand out there! I live in Montebello. I have never tried their products yet but I'm thinking about taking their make up classes in downtown LA. Why? because I had the chance to talk to the founder of the company and to another girl that works there.Their make up is fantastic! These people are in it for the love of make up and not to make a "quick buck" like all other independent brands. Is their stuff better than MAC? I don't know, but it just bugs me for someone that doesn't know about a certain product or brand to judge it only because of circumstancial information. like someone else say "Don't talk about the top of the mountain if you never been on top of the mountain..."
post #32 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsoulgurl View Post
WOW!!! HOLD ON THERE! What are you trying to say? Just because some people don't buy MAC like the rest of brainwashed women do at MAcy's, does that mean that these people are fake? Does that mean, this is a conspiracy? Gimme a break! Mac is not the only hip brand out there! I live in Montebello. I have never tried their products yet but I'm thinking about taking their make up classes in downtown LA. Why? because I had the chance to talk to the founder of the company and to another girl that works there.Their make up is fantastic! These people are in it for the love of make up and not to make a "quick buck" like all other independent brands. Is their stuff better than MAC? I don't know, but it just bugs me for someone that doesn't know about a certain product or brand to judge it only because of circumstancial information. like someone else say "Don't talk about the top of the mountain if you never been on top of the mountain..."
I like how you're probably someone who works for or is affiliated with Scandalous cosmetics. I think you, of all the people in this topic, needs to HOLD ON THERE. You jump down peoples throats for expressing their opinions on a discussion thread XD

that being said, I've never seen or heard of these guys until just now, and I went to their myspace. Looked kinda lame to me. I saw pictures of the artists and i was like "Ohay, mac counter" Plus from reading that the shadows stain your lids it sounds like the five dollar makeup from hot topic that generally sucks.

If I ever see them in my local mall (I'm in Cali) I will be sure to give them a try!
post #33 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

What are the best products to try out ??? S.C
post #34 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Erm...I've only tried their lipglosses and they were okay. I'm not sure how much they actually retail for since I got mine for free, but they should be a pretty safe bet.
post #35 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

I don't work for Scandalous and I'm not planning to! I have a nice job and I'm happy with my career, I just wanna take some classes to learn how to apply my eyeshadows! Why is that so hard to believe? Oh, I forgot, this post was designed to praise MAC and it is a place for us to tell each other how great MAC is and how many more MAC eyeshadows we will buy for our insatiable appetite for MAC..MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC... what kind of make up do you use? MAC! of course... MAC here MAC there...
Anything else must be garbage or a knock off or made in china.
A friend of mine bought from Scandalous and she said that it is made in USA. It is triple pigmented meaning that was grinded 3 times instead of 1. Mac's are grinded only once and made i Canada where everything is cheaper. But anyways I personally don't own Scandalous eyeshadows but I have tried them at my friend's house and they are strong. Very pigmented and they stain your eyes... true! The colors are strong and they seem to last all day! But you guys make it sound like that's a negative! I heard that is what "professional" make up artists look when shopping for eyeshadows.. they look for those pigments that are hard to remove, the ones that are saturated and long lasting... like benye (spellcheck) The cheap chinese make up that you buy in downtown, they are usually washed out desaturated and imported! So I wouldn't consider them in the same category as Scandalous.

that said you can all trash this brand (without even using the whole line, which seem very questionable way to judge)

Another questions for yall MAC lovers
why is Mac's lashes so expensive? (8 dollars for a pair?)
I get the Red Cherry for 50 cents and they are fuller with a bigger variety.
Mac eyelashes are manufactured in Indonesia from the same manufacturer that sells to Red Cherry
World Leader in False Eyelashes Manufacturing

the name of the brand is Royal Korindah

I know u gals for the fear of admitting an irrational habit will rationalize that saying that for some obscure reasons MAC's eyelashes are better!
I just wanna see how creative the response will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny View Post
I like how you're probably someone who works for or is affiliated with Scandalous cosmetics. I think you, of all the people in this topic, needs to HOLD ON THERE. You jump down peoples throats for expressing their opinions on a discussion thread XD

that being said, I've never seen or heard of these guys until just now, and I went to their myspace. Looked kinda lame to me. I saw pictures of the artists and i was like "Ohay, mac counter" Plus from reading that the shadows stain your lids it sounds like the five dollar makeup from hot topic that generally sucks.

If I ever see them in my local mall (I'm in Cali) I will be sure to give them a try!
post #36 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

I'll feed your fire.

I have nothing against scandalous cosmetics, I've never even tried them. I do know that MAC eyeshadows are produced in a few different countries. Canada, USA, and Italy are the most common ones.

And um. okay, that bright. fuchsia eyeshadow that stains my lids and takes a year to get off. I'm totally going to be reaching for that right? Yes, we all want our makeup to last as long as possible, but we do not want it staining our lids!

I don't know anything about MAC lashes, nor do I know why you're bringing them into discussion. It's irrelevant to the topic at hand. And I am getting offtopic too much by furthering this discussion, so I'm just gonna leave it now.
post #37 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

I went back and forth on whether I wanted to posted here again, but, Newsoulgurl, I will be honest here while still trying to be polite.

The following points (timeline) are the reasons why I personally take your posts with a grain of salt:
1. I was attacked by another brand-new fervent poster for having an opinion on Scandalous' marketing as displayed in pics here.
2. That person was apparently banned.
3. You arrived right after they were banned with an equally fervent post about Scandalous.
4. In over two months as a specktra member, you have only posted to this thread, and while slamming people for "trashing" Scandalous, you continually "trash" MAC.

The timing and lack of involvement on other threads did make me question your affiliation with Scandalous (as did someone else on a previous post). I'm not saying that you are or are not affiliated with Scandalous, just posting my observations. Slamming other people for having opinions isn't the way to get them to consider your point or opinion. Isn't it possible to speak highly of a makeup line without putting down another one?

And you are correct, this is a MAC-friendly site, so it doesn't seem hard to make the connection that slamming MAC is going to bring out the defenses of the regular, active posters. However, it is NOT all MAC, all the time. It is because of Specktra that I have been introduced to and tried many brands that I would not have even been aware of if posters here didn't talk about them and post swatches. It is not a MAC-only site; if you look at what people are using in their FOTDs and what resides in their traincases, there are tons of brands represented, praised and used by people here. Scandalous is fairly new and limited in availability area, so instead of attacking MAC, why not show us some Scandalous? There have been a few zealous posts about Scandalous on this thread, but I haven't seen any products or swatches yet. *I would love for someone to start posting some Scandalous swatches so that we can see the products and colors.*

I have no issue with Scandalous cosmetics; I had contacted the company back in June about where to buy it so that I can try it (I live on the east coast.) I personally don't have any problem with a rep from Scandalous weighing in, but I'd respect them more for owning up to it.


Makeup is Equal Opportunity for me: if a product works well and holds up, I don't care whose name is on the label. And I really find that most people here on Specktra seem to carry that opinion.
post #38 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

The only reason why I joined this community was because of Scandalous Cosmetics. The only way one can comment here is if that person is a member. I just wanted to comment on Scandalous since I know them in real life. Is that weird to you? I didn't even know about specktra before. They don't have a web page and I guess that we don't have a place beside myspace to discuss and share our informations on this brand!


I have talked to the founders of Scandalous. I have friends that shop at scandalous, I might take their make up classes next month (if I can save enough money). Does that make me affiliated with Scandalous? If so you guys are all affiliated with MAC as well. As I said last time. I'm happy with my career and I have a full time job which I enjoy, I dont want to sell make up, I m not here to convince you that one brand is better than another. I JUST WANT TO LEARN how to blend my eyeshadows! !!!!!!!!! Why is that SO HARD TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did get upset because people from different states were attacking a brand that doesnt even sell in those states! Bottom line I know Scandalous in real life and the majority of you don't! It's just irritating that people without knowledge would talk trash about something they never seen. I would not comment on a make up brand locally sold in New York! I would just make a disservice to the community, because I wouldn't be accurate and because I would be ignorant about the subject matter!!!

but I had enough you guys think like you want. I know for myself that Scandalous is real and that all of this is not fake so that's enough for me and what difference does that make to me if you guys dont believe me!

enough about scandalous...

can someone tell me why MAC's eyelashes are so expensive?
8 bucks + tax? are you kidding me?


I found the manufacturer for MAC's eyelashes... This is hard evidence of their outrageous mark up!!!!
Made in Italy? yeah right .... more like made in Indonesia!!!!

The same product can be bought for .50 cents at Red Cherry! meaning that it would cost them .10 cents to manufacture a pair of eyelashes!

I hope you guys won't accuse me of working with Red Cherry now!

Pt. Royal Korindah, Indonesia, eyelashes style, packaging

Pt. Royal Korindah [Indonesia]

Description
We are world leading eyelashes manufacturer and exporter
placed in Indonesia. We have more than 30 years experiences and
expertise on Eyelashes business. We have developed thousand styles of
eyelashes for fulfilling our customer demand on quality and style.
We have exported our eyelashes to Japan, USA, Canada, Brazil, Mexico,
France, UK, Germany, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand,
U.A.E.
Beside that we are flexible to arrange the eyelashes style / packaging
according to customer’s Idea. We sell our product for world famous
brand Cosmetic, such as: Kryolan, Boots, Fing’rs, MAC, Jerome Russel,
Maybelline, Shu Uemura, Marks & Spencer, Urban Decay, Make Up Forever,
Max Factor etc.
We have complete range and world class quality product, shorter
delivery time and best customer services
post #39 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

ok jk i'm still in this.

So um, that company clearly says eyelash manufacturer. Not eyeshadow. I think I was clear when I said MAC eyeshadows

oh and just a quick correction. Mac lashes are 11.50 + Tax!
post #40 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

officerJenny

Indonesia is still not Italy and honey France is out of the question. The only thing pseudo french is the writing on their packaging!

Mac get their eyelashes in Indonesia for .10 cents... sells it for $11 + tax

uhmmm.... I wonder how many things they mark up like that...

The power of advertising is incredible because even if confronted with reality the MAC client always tries to justify their choice! $11 eyelashes... over my dead body! that's my answer !
post #41 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsoulgurl View Post
officerJenny

Indonesia is still not Italy and honey France is out of the question. The only thing pseudo french is the writing on their packaging!

Mac get their eyelashes in Indonesia for .10 cents... sells it for $11 + tax

uhmmm.... I wonder how many things they mark up like that...

The power of advertising is incredible because even if confronted with reality the MAC client always tries to justify their choice! $11 eyelashes... over my dead body! that's my answer !
For someone who isn't affiliated with MAC, either, and who "only wants to learn about blending shadow", it's interesting that you know how much MAC pays for their lashes. Also, I've never heard that MAC lashes were made in "Italy" or "France"; they say clearly on the back that they are made in Indonesia. But if you knew about "private labeling" (when another company creates a product to put another company's labels on such as the lash site you provided), you would know that the buyer (in this case MAC or Urban Decay or Red Cherry or the others they list) can make different specifications regarding the quality of material and method construction used that can change the price. So, just because the lashes for Red Cherry and MAC are manufactured by the same company does NOT mean they are the same lashes.

Why are you so hung up on the lashes anyway? *Every* makeup company has a markup; they are businesses. Some people are willing to pay it and that's their choice. As an aside, many people here have pro cards and do not pay full price at MAC. However, those that do choose to, pay for the MAC lashes because they have proven themselves to hold up to reuse and be of a quality that people are willing to pay. I have inexpensive lashes, and I have MAC lashes, and there is a definite difference in their quality and durability. I am sorry if that is hard for you to believe.

For someone who just wants "to learn to blend eyeshadow", you really seem to have an ax to grind over MAC.

And still no one who "loves" this line has posted any product pics or swatches. This whole thread was started because someone wanted to know more about the products.
post #42 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

I also would really like to see some swatches for Scandalous Cosmetics. I'm being completely sincere, newsoulgurl, but maybe you could go over to your friend's house (the one with the eyeshadows) and post pictures of the actual product and/or looks? That would be really nice.
post #43 of 382
Thread Starter 

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

HOLY CRAP. I didn't think I would get a response! I still have not bought anything from Scandalous - yet, but it's funny my friend just called me today telling me that she had just bought an eye shadow and eyeliner from them. The eye shadow $10 and liner was $8. She also told them about me and how I needed a job and they told her to tell me to bring a resume. lol she's so sweet trying to find me a job.
Any way, I can't wait to see how it looks on her compared to other lines, not just MAC. And it's actually 7 eye shadows for $45, and you can get the primer as one of the 7. I played with the primer and I really liked it.

I work at the Downey Mall, but I live 5 minutes away from Montebello and when Scandalous started they were only at Montebello and they did have a store space but only lasted there for a few months. The rent was probably too much. I'm really excited that a person so young has started from what a hear to be a good makeup line. I love makeup and could only wish I could be so ballsy to create a makeup line and school. I really do hope that they expand and I think they will. As for them bashing MAC, I have never had any of the employees tell me any thing bad about MAC and I'm at a Scandalous chatting almost weekly!!

And also the packaging is cheap but I guess that's where they save their money. I had no idea this would be such a heated debate. Oh and I also wonder if that primer would help to keep the lids from getting stained? I'm going to ask around.
post #44 of 382
Thread Starter 

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Oh and their brush set is like $80 but you get your makeup done free for a year and this has not been good for my business! All the young girls in HS and even girls in their 20s are doing this. I was going to do this sweet 15 party, like 3 or 4 girls and when I called to confirm she said that they were getting it done at Scandalous with the makeup brush set thing. I wanted to say, do you want to look like a clown? Nothing against them but I've never seen them do the natural look. I guess I'm just hating. But even my BF's sister wanted to buy the set to get her makeup done free and I do her makeup free! I talked her out of it. lol
post #45 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Attachment 6620

Attachment 6621


Hey I couldn't get any pics of the Scandalous Make up, but I have yanked a couple of pictures of Priscilla with the scandalous make up. (I hope they won't get angry at me for this)


The reason why they closed down the Scandalous Store at Montebello was because Zales bought that location out! Right now for what I know, at montebello they have opened a store downstairs by Macy's and they do have a kiosk as well. I haven't been to the store yet!

MakeupMuffin, if you want to see a show you should go to the Scandalous in MOntebello on a saturday afternoon. They do draw a huge crowd and they look like they all stepped out a runway!

I heard that they will remodel their location at Stonewood and move it near the food court. the new location will be bigger and will have a backstage/studio theme and will have new fixtures and possibly even more products with guest make up artists.

But let me stop giving these inside infos before someone from this forum would think that I work for them!
LL
LL
post #46 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Can you take any pictures of your Scandalous makeup, particularly the eyeshadows?
post #47 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins View Post
Can you take any pictures of your Scandalous makeup, particularly the eyeshadows?

Yes, I'm curious about this too.

I have seen lots of pics of the makeup on people but I'd like to see some pics of the products themselves. Thanks!
post #48 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeupMuffin View Post
Oh and their brush set is like $80 but you get your makeup done free for a year and this has not been good for my business! All the young girls in HS and even girls in their 20s are doing this. I was going to do this sweet 15 party, like 3 or 4 girls and when I called to confirm she said that they were getting it done at Scandalous with the makeup brush set thing. I wanted to say, do you want to look like a clown? Nothing against them but I've never seen them do the natural look. I guess I'm just hating. But even my BF's sister wanted to buy the set to get her makeup done free and I do her makeup free! I talked her out of it. lol
Well... today i asked a scandalous MUA to do a natural makeover for me... and surprisingly it was natural!

this is a picture of my eye makeup with their eyeshadows. very pigmented but still natural.


this is a picture of my eye makeup that i did myself with the spiced chocolate quad. this is my definition of "natural eyemakeup"


so comparing the two, i say they're both pretty neutral. i like scandalous cosmetics very much. their foundation gives a lot of coverage. someone said that their lipgloss is like some lipgloss you can buy at a drug store, and that may be true. i'm not a big fan of their lipgloss. i'll stick to my nars lipgloss and mac lipglass. i'm still young to go bold with my eyemakeup (that's why i stick to neutral colors), but once i think i'm mature enough to pull off bold looks, i'll most def buy scandalous eyeshadows!
post #49 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

I wish I could try some SCANDALOUS products.
I like Nyx, pretty harsh for someone to say something like that, I personally love their eyeliners and eye shadows.

Mac (the actual cosmetics ) rock and I don't think they have much to worry about. Competition is great, but MAC has been around. I don't live in cali, and after reading the thread---if someone doesn't respond to an email but reads it- in my opinion that is rude. I would like to know where I can buy the SCANDALOUS cosmetics so that I can either spread the word or not say anything at all. However, I would at least like to try it

That is my two cents in the matter.
post #50 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

so do they have a website?
post #51 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redz24 View Post
so do they have a website?
Not that I can find--they only have myspace and a couple of creepy youtube videos. Here is one: YouTube - BEST MAKEOVER EVER SEEN! SCANDALOUS COSMETICS!!

The video quality is so sucky I dunno why they even put it up.

Here's the other one: YouTube - DEAD BEAUTIFUL ( SCANDALOUS COSMETICS )
post #52 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Man, I wish they'd get a website :[
I'm really interested in trying their products.
post #53 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo View Post
Man, I wish they'd get a website :[
I'm really interested in trying their products.
me too! and just to clarify, im pretty damn sure at least one of their artists uses mac. not while working, obv, but they do own it and use it personally. not everything from mac is amazing, and i assume scandalous has their faults also. and it kinda pisses me off that people are knocking the brand because of the staining on the lid. some mac products stain, and if people dont know how to use a base properly, that is their own damn fault. and i havent even tried scandalous.
post #54 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

YouTube - THE BEST EYESHADOW PRIMER IN THE WORLD - SCANDALOUS COSMETICS

In that video she says that they will be selling on eBay soon.
I'm excited to see what they have to offer 8D
post #55 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo View Post
YouTube - THE BEST EYESHADOW PRIMER IN THE WORLD - SCANDALOUS COSMETICS

In that video she says that they will be selling on eBay soon.
I'm excited to see what they have to offer 8D
That primer looks good, and so does the shadow! It looks sooo shimmery.
post #56 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut View Post
That primer looks good, and so does the shadow! It looks sooo shimmery.
I knowwww! I'm going crazy thinking about it. That youtubers makeup looks ridiculously good in all of her vids, and she's obviously a strict Scandalous user. I'm so excited to try out their products
post #57 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

This is nice and I love her MU. However, it looks like she didn't put on as much product w/ the other 2 (UDPP & MAC). Look at it again.

I wish them the best of luck and I'll probably order something. However, cut all negativity out and let the product speak for itself.
post #58 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo View Post
YouTube - THE BEST EYESHADOW PRIMER IN THE WORLD - SCANDALOUS COSMETICS

In that video she says that they will be selling on eBay soon.
I'm excited to see what they have to offer 8D
ok here goes my little opinion on this topic please don't throw things at me.
I've been to their kiosk at the Lynwood Market Place & to be honest I think their eyeshadows are not good at all. The only reason u need their thick white eyeshadow base is b/c their ES are sooo dry! IMO they are really hard to work with. They stain everything from ur skin-to ur brushes. They are bright, but not worth the trouble to use IMO. There are many way better quality products/brands out there that offer great pigmentation than this line.
And it's funny to me that the girl on the video is the is always claiming how great & better her products are compared to others esp. MAC & she just so happens to be the owner of that makeup line, a little bias hmmm?
post #59 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Starlicious*~ View Post
This is nice and I love her MU. However, it looks like she didn't put on as much product w/ the other 2 (UDPP & MAC). Look at it again.

I wish them the best of luck and I'll probably order something. However, cut all negativity out and let the product speak for itself.
I noticed the same thing, as well as her re-applying the primers and shadow over the shadow already on her hand, probably in the same manner that she did her little slight of hand on camera. So, I dunno.
post #60 of 382

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu View Post
I noticed the same thing, as well as her re-applying the primers and shadow over the shadow already on her hand, probably in the same manner that she did her little slight of hand on camera. So, I dunno.


I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this as well. I'm subscribed to her on YT but I think she should've used bases of the same texture and consistency, as well as colour. Using a pure white base is of course going to make the colour come out more vibrant than if you were to use a glitter-loaded, beige cream shadow or the "translucent" product of the UDPP.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cosmetic Discussion