16 Secrets The Restaurant Industry Doesn't Want you To Know

user79

LOL

Do you seriously need a nutritional information thing to know that burgers and fries are unhealthy?

I don't care about the nutritional info if I'm going to eat a burger, I know I am not eating anything healthful and it's full of fat and cholesterol. As long as it doesn't become a habit and you get enough exercise and you eat balanced meals the other times, this is just silly...

xbrookecorex

Anyone ever get the big Peanut Butter Cup desert at Uno's? It has 200% of your daily fat intake. I believe it was 150% of your daily calories as well hahahah

I haven't eaten one since I read that, but before I knew, I used to have them like once a week
ssad.gif

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
The sad thing is that working at a mall, you're generally limited on your food options but we at least have some good stuff-a Teppanyaki-style Japanese place, a Thai place, Subway, Chipotle, et. al. I'm lucky that in the year and a half I've worked at the mall that I have actually lost weight! I have not tried the new Japanese place, but the Thai place is nice because they have entrees that they cook right in front of you. Subway is always good since what I get is just vegetables and cheese, and Chipotle is very fresh as well. Granted it helps that I don't eat meat.

Red Robin is one of those things that I get in moderation-I'll get it before a big floor move at work, if I have extra money, or for a special occasion. Many of the places on the list I've never even eaten at. Panera only has one item that I like. I would get fat if I ate at a lot of those places because when the only options open are seemingly cheese sticks and onion rings...

Subways might seem healthy, and even if Jerry or whatever his name is said he lost weight by eating just that, it's completely ridiculous. Everything at Subways seems processed, the chicken let alone the cheese doesn't even look real. Subways claims to serve supposedly "healthy" sandwiches. Sure, it's not as bad as eating at MacDonald's but think about all that the dressing that goes on your sandwich, or all the bacon they put in there. Even the bread looks like plastic.

In my opinion, nothing beats homemade food and nothing will ever beat fresh vegetables. In supermarkets, plasticky vegetables are everywhere: they,re super green in color, and they're shape is almost perfect. They're always served at weddings, usually next to the steak and the potatoes.
It's funny how some people think they're eating healthy when they're eating those. It's completely processed!
I think our society as a whole has become lazy when it comes to cooking. Everything is ready-made and microwavable. People don't even peel their vegetables anymore. You open a pack of vegetables or potatoes and toss it into the pan. Ugh, no no no no no. It's not healthy at all. They're filled with preservatives!