187 Brush- does it shed badly? My sigma

Rioselva

version is shedding like crazy. Especially when I use it for foundation. Is the 187 that much better?

TheTeenageMuse

I haven't had any problems with my 187 shedding and I've had it for 6 months or so. Occassionally a hair will fall out. But that's because I fail at washing it.

DaniCakes

My 187 rarely sheds. If I am too rough during washing, I might lose a black hair, but that's all. It's pretty sturdy.

glitzbeary

I just got mine last week and have used/washed it a few times without any noticeable shedding (maybe a hair).

FiestyFemme

Mine doesn't really shed, except for the very occasional black hair. I use it for liquid foundation too.

xKiKix

both of my 187 has never shed before, not that i remember of. it still looks as new as the day i got them.

My 187 shed like crazy the first time I used it, I was going to cry since it's kinda expensive and I hate returning things I've used. I felt disgusting trying to apply foundation and having to pick the hairs off my face. After I washed it 2 times it stopped shedding so much and I decided to keep it, now it rarely sheds. It's a fab brush but based off of reviews some just seem to have bad luck and get a shedder lol. I've never had a MAC brush shed on me before and I own about 6.

StarrySim

I have a 187SE and full size 188 and 131, none of them shed.

FYI, the full size brushes take better to washing. In the case of the SE, the black dye bleeds onto the white fibers, making them look grey. My full size ones don't have this problem, and I can get the white fibers back to pure white.

Latest posts