2nd Demo interview

alli579

Hi everyone, I found this site just last week while I was researching for my first demo with MAC. You are all so great and helpful, and I cannot stress how much I appreciate this site!

Anyway, I'm interviewing for a freelance position in the Philadelphia area. I had my demo last week. Everything went pretty well, and I heard from the manager today (one week later). She said she would like me to go for a second demo in front of the trainers at another location, pretty close by. I asked for some feedback and everything was pretty positive.

Is this second demo with the trainers normal for a freelance position? What is the second demo like? The first was really laid back, the manager was great, and didn't hover over me. I did a bridal look, and then I was given three colors to do a very dramatic eye. Will this interview be similar, or is it likely that I'll be given a picture to replicate?

As you can see, I have many questions! I've waited two years to get this interview, and I'm so excited about it! Any information you have is extremely appreciated!

foreverymoment

i have no idea, but i'm bumping this...because i'd like an answer too
smiles.gif

i guess i might be skipping a step? i turned in a resume at their request today, and they were ALL about getting me to do my demo this upcoming friday...why? they tell me the regional trainer is supposed to be here.
*nerves*

MissVivaMac

From my experience...

-My only demo was in front of a trainer

-The trainer picked a look (smokey eye) and required that I use at least 2 products from new collection (didnt state which ones)

-He did not hover and would just come by every now and then to give suggestions

-We were given 30 minutes and after the 30 min period the trainer came by and constructively critiqued one eye then wanted me to mimic what he had done on other eye(To see how well we take direction/advice/criticism)

hmmmm...i think thats is.

o and the trainer was incredibly nice and helpful!!!

=)

amoona

I did two demos when I was hired on, but none of them were infront of any trainers. However our region is very large with only two trainers (at that time it was only one trainer actually) and we hardly ever get to see our trainers so that probably was why they weren't there. I have heard of people doing demos infront of trainers often though.

My first demo was for a freelance position and when I did the second one it was for a perm position. So maybe she thinks you're good enough for a perm position right off the bat?

alli579

Thanks everyone for the info!

She did mention a permanent position, but also said I'd have to work every Fri, Sat, and Sun. Does anyone know if that is normal for MAC that everyone has to work those three days? I would totally do it, but I'm a hair stylist and I'm in the salon on those days, which is why I went with freelance.

The interview is on Wednesday, and I'm a little nervous. Hopefully it all works out!

Thanks again!