8 pan MAC eyeshadow palette

I have a discontinued MAC 8 pan palette which was for a slightly larger eyeshadow pan than that they have now.
I have blushes in mine, MAC blushes so I guess they also sold the MAC blushes a slight smaller than the 6g ones they sell now. I got the palette from someone with the blushes already in it.
I bought a 6g MAC blush last week to put in and it was a bit too large so that is when I realized all of this!
What size and weight is this slot in the 8 pan palette?
The pans I have in it now do not say size or weight, just color, although some are blush colors that are still made now just in the larger pan.
I have one slot to fill in this 8 pan and cannot seem to find a MAC blush of that size for it so do any of you know what company sells pans that may fit this discontinued MAC palette and the size of the slot in g and inch?
Thanks!
I figured if I could find anything on this it would be at this forum! I always use the pics for ideas on my eyes, the members here are so creative and talented!
Linda

Twinkle_Twinkle

CCB and Bobbi Brown blushes are roughly the same size as the discontinued large MAC shadows. Perhaps you could use it for those products.

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
CCB and Bobbi Brown blushes are roughly the same size as the discontinued large MAC shadows. Perhaps you could use it for those products.

Please be careful with de-potting CCB or any cream. They will melt and spill all over if you're not super careful.

I will post a pic. I would love to just find a pan that fits in there, and I will most likely buy it online so if anyone knows the g size and inch it is called - I could measure but was not sure.....if the blush is now 6g I would guess this one is 4 or under?
I found very little info on this item online or on the forums etc.
I have never popped pans out of the pots before and a bit leary to try, my talent def. does not lie there! I am still using this site and others to really help me learn how to care for and use, apply, know fakes etc etc, I would love to do the pan pop thing and get my pots in palettes instead but for now I would prefer to find a pan that fits - if that is possible. Someone also suggested Stila but no one so far has been able to tell me for sure that a certain type will fit for sure. I figured if anyone out there knows, here is the place to find them!!!
Thanks a ton for the info so far!!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianangel
I will post a pic. I would love to just find a pan that fits in there, and I will most likely buy it online so if anyone knows the g size and inch it is called - I could measure but was not sure.....if the blush is now 6g I would guess this one is 4 or under?
I found very little info on this item online or on the forums etc.
I have never popped pans out of the pots before and a bit leary to try, my talent def. does not lie there! I am still using this site and others to really help me learn how to care for and use, apply, know fakes etc etc, I would love to do the pan pop thing and get my pots in palettes instead but for now I would prefer to find a pan that fits - if that is possible. Someone also suggested Stila but no one so far has been able to tell me for sure that a certain type will fit for sure. I figured if anyone out there knows, here is the place to find them!!!
Thanks a ton for the info so far!!!

A Stila shadow or cheek pan is going to be too small. If you want a good visual reference, check out MAC Whores collection in the Traincase Forum. She has quite a few large shadow pots. Also, I just ran across a link someone posted in the Stila Forum that had measurments of various eye shadows and which palettes they fit it. I will post it here.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Back again. Here is the website: http://www.makeupresource.com/pans/

It says the 8 empties measure 36mm. For some reason I am really invested in this, lol, so I measured the width of a CCB and a Bobbi Brown blush, both are between 1.3 and 1.4 inches, which means it would fit nicely in your palette with maybe the tinest bit of room, but with a magnet it's not going anywhere. Good luck!

Quote:

It says the 8 empties measure 36mm. For some reason I am really invested in this, lol, so I measured the width of a CCB and a Bobbi Brown blush, both are between 1.3 and 1.4 inches, which means it would fit nicely in your palette with maybe the tinest bit of room, but with a magnet it's not going anywhere. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I did find this page when surfing for MAC 8 pan but did not understand it, until now, your info really helped.

Quote:

So with a bobbi brown blush I will have to depot it. Hmm, may be worth the try.
Linda

Latest posts