"a shade close to your lid color"

devin

I use saddle, soba, texture, soft brown, cork, bamboo, bamboom paint, medium deep or dark msf natural, and c7 studio fix.

rmcandlelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
I prefer a color just a bit lighter than my lid color for a brightening effect; I find that if the color is exact to my actual lid color, it makes my eyes look discolored once I start to blend in other shades.

I really like using Tete-a-Tint and Rule; a lot of people question why I use Rule, and the reason is a genius one I learned at MUFE training: the salmon/orange tones brighten the eye area without looking orange. Once I blend in other colors, it still looks very neutral.

I agree, love tete-a-tint and rule. It looks so natural.
yes.gif

nicoleh619

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
"I prefer a color just a bit lighter than my lid color for a brightening effect; I find that if the color is exact to my actual lid color, it makes my eyes look discolored once I start to blend in other shades.

I really like using Tete-a-Tint and Rule; a lot of people question why I use Rule, and the reason is a genius one I learned at MUFE training: the salmon/orange tones brighten the eye area without looking orange. Once I blend in other colors, it still looks very neutral."

I am soooo going to try this with rule es. I already posted a comment saying I use tete a tint...this sounds awesome though.

spacer.gif

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcandlelight
I agree, love tete-a-tint and rule. It looks so natural.
yes.gif

I love tete-a-tint..I need to try out rule
winks.gif
<333

Phyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashariel
I use Saddle.

I do too, I was surprised how much of a difference it makes.

Shadowy Lady

I actually don't have an e/s close to my eye lid colour
ssad.gif
I use Vanilla pigment to highlight. Does anyone have a suggestion for a colour close to my eye lid (I'm an NC30)

MAChostage

Everyone seems to love tete-a-tint, so why am I afraid of it? I don't even own it, it just never attracted me so I've never even swatched it. I think I'll give it a try.

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
ssad.gif
I use Vanilla pigment to highlight. Does anyone have a suggestion for a colour close to my eye lid (I'm an NC30)

hmm..maybe brule?

devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
ssad.gif

have you tried brule, bisque or blanc type? Vanilla eyeshadow is nice too, it may be a bit lighter and orb is nice, it may be a bit pinker.

doniad101

I'm NW42...or somewhere close and The Mineralized Skinfinish(foundation) in Deep Dark or Dark is my right on the money to my lid color. But i think that if you use something just a tad bit lighter, it will brighten your entire eye area up and when u use a darker color in the crease and a nice highlight color the entire area would look contoured and perfecto. LOL.

cocodivatime

I am NC44 too and Groundwork creates the most perfect canvas that I have found to date.
I orignally used it as a base under my eyeshadows but i love it so much that I wear it more often by itself. Its very very natural

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin
I use saddle, soba, texture, soft brown, cork, bamboo, bamboom paint, medium deep or dark msf natural, and c7 studio fix.

Hmm, thanks, I'll give at least half of these a try, since I have no idea what my answer is to this question, and I think you and I are close enough in coloring for some of these suggestions to work!

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
^ Might help you <3
LIDCOLOR.jpg

You are awesome! I think either Brown Down or Saddle would be best... I think I'm gonna get some Bamboom paint when I go grab a lipglass gift set for my daughter... all the holiday stuff just went on sale 25% off!