A video I made and some pics of a weekend away in the mountains...

user79

This is the cabin belonging to my boyfriend's family. The place is great, a very cosy and nicely renovated cabin in the mountains in Adelboden, Switzerland. We go up there once in a while on weekends to relax, and in the winter to go skiing and snowboarding. I think I may have posted about this before but I made a video a few weekends ago.

Some background on the cabin. It has been in the family of my bf's mother for generations, and was basically a mountain farm cottage where farmers took their cows to graze in the summer. Sometimes there's still cows up there, straight out of "Heidi"! Then my bf's parents renovated the entire thing and now it's a cozy weekend getaway. There is no direct road leading up to it. You drive up a winding road and then have to park your car at a shed, and then it's a steep uphill climb to the cabin on foot. This makes it feel very remote and it's very quiet as there are no cars at all around. All the land surrounding the cabin is owned by my boyfriend's grandfather, so there's no chance of construction either.

BTW the dog is a Gordon Setter puppy, her name is Laura and she is soooo sweet!

YouTube - Mountain Cabin, Adelboden Switzerland

Music:
Andrews Sisters - Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree & I Can Dream Can't I

urbanlilyfairy

how wonderful and cozy ...looks like a great place to relax at ..and the views are beautiful. Omg and Laura is such a cute puppy =)

VDUB*BELLA

OMG I miss Europe so much
My bf and I went to Germany/Austria a few months ago and we've seen a lot of places like this on the mountain sides. It was unreal. You're so lucky!