About Color Story Pictures...

pumpkincat210

I read in the Ultra cheek color story .. It says.. to avoid further litigation from Estee Lauder, Specktra.net has removed Color story images.. We apoligize for the inconvenience.
This makes me really sad..

MaryEA

It makes me sad as well. EL should understand that those pics are great advertising. They make us all want the items pictured and rush out to buy them when they hit the stores. I'll miss seeing the images before the items arrive in store.

blueyedlady87

If we don't see them here, we'll see them on 20 other boards. No matter what, we're going to see them. It seems pointless to try and stop it. Its great advertising. If it weren't for all the previews, I wouldn't get have of the stuff.

ladybugz07

Wow, I never noticed that! What type of litigation is going on? Does it only apply to Ultra Cheek? Just wondering, cause Sweetie Cake is still up...

panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugz07
Wow, I never noticed that! What type of litigation is going on? Does it only apply to Ultra Cheek? Just wondering, cause Sweetie Cake is still up...

where is it at?

i think it's absurd because seeing the ads is what helps promote the collection, at the same token estee lauder has their set of rules and what not. it's disappointing where the pictures had to be taken down.

user2

Hmm well maybe it's just for upcoming color stories so that other companies can't steal the idea from MAC (although EL already holds a majority of companies!)

pumpkincat210

I can understand why they wouldn't like pictures of collections that hadn't come out yet, but old collections or current ones? It generates more good than bad!

turtle_pixie_

This is horrible! i loved all the old images, i hope i still have most of them saved. Also, MAC has been under at least partial Estee Lauder ownership since 1995, many of us have only been addicts since after that, so really we don't know if it would be any different, IMO. (Sorry for any offense.)

72Cosmo

If I didn't see these pictures beforehand I wouldn't buy as much. I need to compare to what I have and what will go with each color. Mac doesn't understand that we are their best customers. I've been looking forward to Sweetie Cake ever since I saw the pictures and have a trip planned to Nordstroms for April 14th. Nordstroms is 90 minutes away and I can't just plan a trip the day after a collection comes out if I haven't seen pictures. Guess it's time to use up some of my make-up.

KJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Cosmo
If I didn't see these pictures beforehand I wouldn't buy as much. I need to compare to what I have and what will go with each color.

This'll save me a ton of money! (probably not the effect they were going for, but I bet theft of ideas is a problem)

xxmissjennyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Cosmo
...I've been looking forward to Sweetie Cake ever since I saw the pictures...

DITTO!

Isabelle

I would have never planned my first proper hauls from a collection, Lingerie and Culturebloom, if I hadn't been able to see the pictures beforehand. There is no MAC near me, and I can only order by mail order - no way I'm going to do that without seeing the pictures.

I'm really disappointed about this, and if there is no way to get pictures beforehand, I definitely won't be buying as much in future.

Isabelle

noteventherain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryEA
It makes me sad as well. EL should understand that those pics are great advertising. They make us all want the items pictured and rush out to buy them when they hit the stores. I'll miss seeing the images before the items arrive in store.

exactly. do they have any idea how much advertising they get through these sites? If there was no Specktra, no MUA, no BeautyPlaza, etc., I think sales would have a HUGEEEE drop. lmao- sometimes I think I'm the one who keeps my MAC counter in business.

but even though I'm not so happy about it, I understand. *shrug*

ishtarchick

that's awful, i agree with all the girls, if it weren't for all this images MAC sales wouldn't be so good.. and i would have never thought estee lauder to hold litigarions over these kind of stuff. IMO its pointless.

FlaLadyB

I was talking the the Florida trainer a few days ago and had met her before at the IN MODE at Nordstroms. We talked about knowing what the new things are that are coming out...it ended up with...actually it's a good thing- we already know what we want when we come in the store! Personally, I LOVE seeing all the new items now- it gives me a heads up and I love it! This list w/pics is one of my fav things!

Janice

While Estee counsel are considerate of our goodwill and nature toward it's subsidiary, it still has to protect the rights of it's images.

It is my opinion they have special focus on cracking down on internet "leaks" of their new products/ideas right now. I have to pick and choose my fights, and I can't take on Estee Lauder. Sorry girls!
greengrin.gif

Specktra.Net will always work to bring you the latest MAC color story news, but for the time being we will not be able to share with you the promotional images usually accompanied with those details. (though I'm sure they'll pop up somewhere
winks.gif
) I will definately forward the sentiment and dischord I read in this message to the Estee counsel whom I am in contact with.