Anyone know how to make the she-shines pigments from existing pigments?

jenniferm1972

I've seen some of them in threads like:

Golders Green = Kelly Green + Golden Olive
Sunpepper = Blue Brown + Rose
Nightlight = Dark Soul + Golden Olive or Emerald Green + Dark Soul (which is it?)
Azreal Blue = Clear Sky Blue + Frost

But what about the others? Anyone mixed anything to make the rest of the shades?

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferm1972

Nightlight = Dark Soul + Golden Olive or Emerald Green + Dark Soul (which is it?)
Azreal Blue = Clear Sky Blue + Frost

But what about the others? Anyone mixed anything to make the rest of the shades?

I don't have mine yet, but when I do, I will post what I come up with, OK?

Also, I would say that Golders Green looks a little more like Chartreuse and Kelly now after more photos have been coming out of it.

I will know for sure once I get them in my hands though. Then the mad scientist will begin her work.....
greengrin.gif

jenniferm1972

Ack! I can't wait. I decided not to purchase these as I've heard that they can be mixed from existing pigments.
I think I'm going to try pressing these as well....
Thanks so much!

aziajs

Quote:

Interesting. Sunpepper = Blue Brown + Rose?? I might have to try that. That one and Nightlight = Dark Soul + Golden Olive.

addicted_2color

hmm, i'm curious to know too
winks.gif
I knew sunpepper was a mix of blue brown and something else, but didn't know what.

although it would be fun to mix my own, it wouldn't be the same. i just wouldn't be able to get the right proportion/ratio to match the new "baby" from the parent pigments
rofl.gif

jenniferm1972

Well, I've purchased every bit of the last three collections, and when I heard that these pigments were merely mixes of existing ones, I decided to save myself some money seeing as how I probably have most of the pigments necessary to make them myself.

SMMY

One small problem with making your own dups of these is the texture. Nightlight, Azreal Blue and Golder's Green are supposed to be very fine and smooth pigments (I have Golder's Green and Nightlight and they are very nicely milled). You might be able to get the color right, but for these pigments, the texture might not be the same. If that isn't important to people, than by all means, mix away.
smiles.gif

jenniferm1972

someone had stated in a previous post that someone at MAC had told her these were mixes of pigments that Mac MA's had been mixing on their own for some time now to make these colors...
If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me!

syrene78

I got some Sweetscents pigments and I love them by the way!
Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorqueen
I don't have mine yet, but when I do, I will post what I come up with, OK?

Also, I would say that Golders Green looks a little more like Chartreuse and Kelly now after more photos have been coming out of it.

I will know for sure once I get them in my hands though. Then the mad scientist will begin her work.....
greengrin.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Interesting. Sunpepper = Blue Brown + Rose?? I might have to try that. That one and Nightlight = Dark Soul + Golden Olive.

I think that blue brown and rose is not the same as sunpepper I think that when bluebrown is a mixture of a brown and blue pigment, sunpepper is a mix of the same color brown and azreal blue

Padmita

Sunnydaze is a mix of Coco and Dazzleray, so not that easy to recreate especially if you don't have Coco!

jenniferm1972

Hmmm...I don't think that Dazzleray is one of the components of sunnydaze...one is peach, the other apricot. Slightly different. Perhaps Melon or some other pigment like Goldenaire or Deckchair?

Padmita

Quote:
Hmmm...I don't think that Dazzleray is one of the components of sunnydaze...one is peach, the other apricot. Slightly different. Perhaps Melon or some other pigment like Goldenaire or Deckchair?

I didn't think so either until I mixed Coco and Dazzleray and swatched them next to Sunnydaze on my hand... And I wouldn't say Dazzleray is peachy?

Padmita

Quote:
Dazzleray = sunny golden peach with reflect

That may be the description, but I don't consider it a peachy shade. I find Melon (and also Deckchair) peachier - Dazzleray is more golden than anything else... and mixed with Coco it really looks the same as Sunnydaze.

tiramisu

all I know is, I want nightlight. And I don't have either pigment you crazymad scientist people (I'll bet yall look like Beaker here in my avatar) are using to mix it with... soooo off to MAC *cackles madly*