applying blushcreme

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldjewels
Okay, so I just had a disaster applying blushcreme with my 187. I don't know why, I think I may have swirled the brush in the pan too much cause I actually looked like a clown. lol!

I was thinking of getting the 109, but for now i'll try my fingers tomorrow.

I think the 187 is fine for it but the blushcremes can be deceiving with their pigmentation. Try it again but go easy on the swirling. It's much easier to build up!

For myself, I can never figure out how to work it with fingers. I end up with streaks. Maybe I'm just not patient enough. The 129 works for me. I'd like to try the 109 (as everyone raves!) and the 189 at one point.

emeraldjewels

I'll try it with a lighter touch tonight, it was just too thick and not smooth. It was like a child had drew on me with a wax crayon! lol!

SpringDancer

I can't make blushcremes work when I use my fingers. I normally use my 187 (definitely go easy and build up the color gradually). I agree a dampened latex wedge works well too and can be a cheap solution - but I do my makeup in my bedroom and usually I am too lazy and in too much of a hurry to actually go to the bathroom and dampen the wedge... so I rarely use that.
Also, I think 188 (which I never tried) might be more suitable for blush application than the 187.
I will definitely look into the 190 and the 109 after reading this thread, though!

MAC_Whore

The 192 is perfect, but is being DCd. For fingers, I use my ring finger to lightly tap the blushcreme and lighly tap it onto the cheeks. I then use my blush-free index finger to blend it in (or I use a sponge).

You can also avoid product overload by tapping your finger in the blush, as mentioned above, then tap that finger on the back of your hand to get the bulk of it off, then apply it to the face. If you need more, you can get it from the back of your hand.

winks.gif

brownsuga lady

I use my 187 brush...I dab it into the cream and then stipple it onto my cheeks and then swirl to blend. I've never tried the blushcremes but I use cream colour bases for blush at times. I've used my fingers before too and that has worked. It just takes more effort to get the color uniformity on both cheeks and to blend it nicely and evenly.

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldjewels
Okay, so I just had a disaster applying blushcreme with my 187. I don't know why, I think I may have swirled the brush in the pan too much cause I actually looked like a clown. lol!

I was thinking of getting the 109, but for now i'll try my fingers tomorrow.

Yeah probably. I think with most creme blushes a little will go a long way. When I use the 187 I usually just dab it in the pan once and i'm good for one cheek. It would be a nightmare if I swirled it several times in the product. That's way too much.

MrsWoods

I use the 188. The 187 is a little to big for my taste. Also, i don't swirl it in the blush, I just dab it into the cream a little and then apply it in circular motions. It works so perfect, I'm only using cream blushes at the moment!