Bad Hair. Help?

Fedora_Chic

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

I need some advice and tips on how to fix my hair so it looks nice when I wear it down. I can't get it to go flat and I can't get it curly without it getting frizzy 30 minutes later.
And my mom says the only way I can get new products is if they cost the same prace as or less then the ones that I have.
So I would really appreciate some help so I can wear my hair down.
So here's a list of what I have. They from left to right according to the pictures.
Conair 2" Professional Ceramic Straightener, Vidal Sassoon Model VS.105 Curling Iron, Instant Heat 1-1/2" Curling Iron, Vidal Sasson VS.111 Curling Iron, Vidal Sassoon 1875 Ionic with Attachment.
Regis Olive Oil Hair Masque, Color Me Happy Shampoo, and Color Me Happy Conditioner
Infusion 23 Leave In Treatment Step 3, Rave 4X Mega Hairspray, Control Freak Frizz Control and Straightener Serum, Goody Styling Therapy Jojoba Oil Paddlebrush
Me with my hair up.
The curly bumpy side of my hair.
The semi straight side of my hair. 

xsnowwhite

You're probably not gonna want to hear this but a really high quality flat iron will majorly help with your hair staying straight and keeping frizz away. I used to have the same issue, I have one bump that could never be tamed, but once i bought high quality tools my issue is now solved. I would reccomend paul mitchell super skinny serum( you can get a little bottle for like $2, which is good to for trial size) and I think it costs around the price of the control freak serum you have, possibly less. Also, if you want to wear your hair curly, try a mousse while your hair is wet. I use garnier curl construct which is now only $2.99 at target. If you do that and kind of scrunch it in your hair and then curl it, it should keep frizz away. Sorry to be of not a ton of help but I find that a high quality flatiron will save you more money down the road.

ShortnSassy

i think that blowdrying your hair differently may help you alot.

when you are planning on wearing it straight, apply a smoothing/straightening product to your wet hair and section off some of your hair at the nape (bottom of your neck in the back). use a big flat brush (like a paddle brush) to blow dry it, using tension to pull it straight. continue doing this with sections of your hair up your head until it's all dry. now flat iron it and see if that's a little better. and i also recommend getting a high-quality flat iron as well. the chi flat iron is pricey but SO worth it! also, flat ironing your hair in medium sections may help as well to get it really sleek.
when wearing it curly, i would also recommend a mousse. tigi makes a really good curl-enhancing mousse that i LOVE! also, do you have a diffuser? it really allows your curls to keep their shape while it dries your hair.

i hope this helped. it's hard to describe without showing your physically. have you tried asking your hairstylist for tips? alot of stylists will show you ways to make styling your hair easier. oh also, i would highly suggestion getting a heat protectant. if you flat iron or blow dry your hair at all, a heat protectant will keep you from doing alot of damage. i really recommend goldwell hot darling spray. hth. good luck love!

Fedora_Chic

Thank you and no I don't have a diffuser. Does Vidal Sassoon have a good one that I could attach to my Blow Dryer. Or would I have to buy a new one? And by the way you wouldn't happen to know what the ion switch is for would you?
And one of my friends reccommended something called Hot Sauce by FHI Heat? Whats it for, does it work, and is ok for color treated hair?

kimono

I never straighten my hair in summer. It's pointless, and I have expensive products and tools. Do you know about naturallycurly.com? It's a good website.

ShortnSassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedora_Chic
Thank you and no I don't have a diffuser. Does Vidal Sassoon have a good one that I could attach to my Blow Dryer. Or would I have to buy a new one? And by the way you wouldn't happen to know what the ion switch is for would you?
And one of my friends reccommended something called Hot Sauce by FHI Heat? Whats it for, does it work, and is ok for color treated hair?

i would go look at any store or beauty supply store for a diffuser. i can't really help you much there. and the ion switch... i used to have a blowdryer with one and i never noticed a difference. apparently mine said it reduced static. i would go on makeupalley.com and try to find reviews for products... there are so many hair products out there it's hard to keep up with all of them!

ruthless

Your hair appears to also be massively thick-a skilled stylist can thin it out for you.

Your hair also appears to be all one length, this will make the ends harder to deal with-it's hard for me to explain other than "wedge head" your hair forms a triangle at the bottom. Have you considered layers, not lots but enough to take some of the weight out of your hair?

You're going to have to take the time to do a full blow out before you straighten your hair-this means separating it into sections and using a round brush to smooth and straighten BEFORE you flat iron. The smaller the sections you flat iron the better luck you'll have. The blow out is SO important to having smooth straight hair.

Use the tools you have-just practice to become more skilled with them. Use up all your products before you spend money on new ones too, since I think you're a bit younger yes? And not having a full time job is ouch! for $$

ION thing is supposed to dry your hair with less damage? Don't know. One trick is to point the air flow down the shaft of the hair, not up at it to help smooth.

Straightening your hair every day I think would be a LOT of work and very damaging to your hair. You're better off saving that look for occasions unless you can handle not washing your hair and using a dry shampoo.

I feel your pain-my hair was "lumpy" all through high school, I just grew it really really long
smiles.gif

Latest posts